The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #26
the a1ant
Awesome

Default Re: The Official Rogue/Anna X3 Thread

Maybe she just has greater control over her powers now?

Old 06-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #27
Fray Ok
Ms. Chievous

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstar
Well i hope she explores the powers of the dark side - joins the brotherhood -steals powers from Ms. Marvel (aka Carol Danvers)who'd be played in a cameo by Gwyeth Paltrow. hangs out with an older hottie Remy ( Oliver Martinez or Jonathan Reyes Meyers please)and starts talkin'bout how she really needs some southern fried chicken.

This would be funny as hell and I'm sure will send Bobby's horny butt in the other direction -toward shadowcat who I hope gets played by Emmy Rossum or Rachel Bilson. This will be much more interesting than having all the teens be wannab hero dogooders...Nuff said!

Good Luck Brett your gonna need it!

Maybe you should hope for something thats plausible.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #28
duo_gabo
Side-Kick

i'll just wait until the movie comes out... but still, i love spoilers but for me as long as i have not see it in actual film, i still regard a spoiler as a rumor... hehehehe

and i think i made my own rogue/anna thread way back... i think it's gone... hehehe...

Old 06-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #29
Electrix
Side-Kick

Well when she got Wolverine she was either knocked out or bleeding so she needed the 'life'. With Pyro she was physically fit and didnt need the life....thing.

I wonder if she still has Pyro's memories in her head somewhere...

Old 06-27-2005, 11:35 AM   #30
duo_gabo
Side-Kick

let's just wait till the movie comes out hehehhe...

Old 06-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #31
spark627
Side-Kick

i think it is interesting that rogue is meeting with the brotherhood, at least they are giving her some history with them. maybe instead of the ms marvel powers they will give her the new fire powers she recently stole (and kept)

Old 06-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #32
duo_gabo
Side-Kick

maybe they'd stick to the x-men evolution kind of character of rogue...

Old 06-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #33
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo_gabo
maybe they'd stick to the x-men evolution kind of character of rogue...
Even X-Men Evolution's Rogue is more accurate to her comic-self. Basically Evo showed us how Rogue really was before she got Ms. Marvel's powers.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #34
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistopurr83
Basically Evo showed us how Rogue really was before she got Ms. Marvel's powers.
A goth?

Old 06-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #35
Electrix
Side-Kick

I girl who was scared and confused but then turned into a girl who doesnt stand for no crap. She doesnt need superstrength and flight to be Rogue.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #36
JP
Smelly

Amen.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:44 PM   #37
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit03
A goth?
Yeah she looked like a goth in green in the early 80's (when with the brotherhood).

Old 06-27-2005, 05:45 PM   #38
JP
Smelly

LOL, true.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #39
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Wire
I girl who was scared and confused but then turned into a girl who doesnt stand for no crap. She doesnt need superstrength and flight to be Rogue.
Oh so does Jean Grey not have to turn into Pheonix to be more powerful??? When you say Rogue doesn't need her other powers that's like saying Jean Grey doesn't need to become Phoenix.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #40
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

But "becoming more powerful" isn't what the Phoenix trasformation is about is it?

Are you saying that Jean needs to become the Phoenix in order to truely be Jean Grey?

That's a ridiculous comparison

Old 06-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #41
JP
Smelly

The Phoenix is who Jean Grey is.

Super Human strength is not who Rogue is.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:02 PM   #42
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

"The Phoenix" isn't Jean Grey...

Phoenix is merely a codename, and the Phoenix Force is an entirely different entity. Sure she still posesses it but I don't believe it defines who she is as a person.

Look at her in the comics pre Phoenix encounter. In the films so far. and in Evolution. I still don't know why they felt the need to rush Phoenix into things in Ultimate X-Men.

The only reason it is forgiveable in the movie verse is 'cos it sets up a great plot device

Old 06-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #43
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalMadman
The only reason it is forgiveable in the movie verse is 'cos it sets up a great plot device
No, that's not really it at all. Jean Grey was Marvel Girl in the comics for about 10 years and hundreds of issues of the X-Men before she became Phoenix in the 70s. We can't wait for hundreds of movies before she becomes Phoenix. Things have to be compressed into a smaller timeframe or you'd be dead by the time it got round to being included in a movie!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:41 PM   #44
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Exclamation Re: The Official Rogue/Anna X3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit03
The Phoenix is who Jean Grey is.
No the Phoenix is NOT who Jean Grey is. Jean Grey was Marvel Girl before she became Phoenix and "Marvel Girl" is something else the movies have not included about Jean. Also, don't forget in the original source material (otherwise in reality) Phoenix was not the manifestation of Jean's powers, Jean was possesed by the Phoenix while on a space shuttle.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #45
Genosha
Mutant Island

To be honest, in some ways I like what they have done with movie Rogue as opposed to her comic-book counterpart. I'm kind of glad that she hasn't absorbed all this super-strength and flight abilities like she has in the comic.

It would be cool to see onscreen, but I just don't think it would fit movie Rogue all that well. I think they should continue with this story arch they have built where Rogue really feels trapped by her powers. Out of all the X-Men she seems to be the one who least embraces her powers. ANd she is definitly the most reluctant to use them.

I'm just afraid that if they give her all of her comic-book powers, then we would lose that invulnerability that her character has been so good at representing in the movies:

Not all mutants are born with "really cool powers."

Old 06-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #46
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosha
To be honest, in some ways I like what they have done with movie Rogue as opposed to her comic-book counterpart. I'm kind of glad that she hasn't absorbed all this super-strength and flight abilities like she has in the comic.

It would be cool to see onscreen, but I just don't think it would fit movie Rogue all that well. I think they should continue with this story arch they have built where Rogue really feels trapped by her powers. Out of all the X-Men she seems to be the one who least embraces her powers. ANd she is definitly the most reluctant to use them.

I'm just afraid that if they give her all of her comic-book powers, then we would lose that invulnerability that her character has been so good at representing in the movies:

Not all mutants are born with "really cool powers."

Oh so you wanna continue watching her portrayed as a useless wimp who just stands in the back and whines like a baby?!

Old 06-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #47
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

That might be how you see her but her reaction to Magneto after he makes the quip about her hair didn't make ME think she was a wimp AT ALL.

Oh and one more thing, ONE LAST TIME: She doesn't even HAVE the powers of strength and invulnerability in the comics anymore!!!

She has flight and FIERY powers!!

So are we gonna get people piling in and saying she should absorb Phoenix in the movie and get fire powers next?! Jeezus

Old 06-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #48
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalMadman
That might be how you see her but her reaction to Magneto after he makes the quip about her hair didn't make ME think she was a wimp AT ALL.

Oh and one more thing, ONE LAST TIME: She doesn't even HAVE the powers of strength and invulnerability in the comics anymore!!!

She has flight and FIERY powers!!

So are we gonna get people piling in and saying she should absorb Phoenix in the movie and get fire powers next?! Jeezus
No that look she gave Magneto doesn't count. Besides she acted like a wimp after landing the x-jet wrong.
I AM WELL AWARE ROGUE PERMANATELY ABSORBED SUNFIRE IN THE COMICS!!!!!!!!!!!! But she had Ms. Marvel's powers for 20+ years. That's why fans are saying she should get those powers on screen first. Absorbing Sunfire permanately was done instead of giving her back the other powers. The author of the Rogue solo series said so!
You also say Rogue doens't have strength and invulnerability anymore. Gee I thought the movies were NOT the comics here. The movies are suppost to be showing how Rogue was before she got the other powers but their not b/c they've portrayed her ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #49
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Hold on. Why is it when Rogue gives Magneto a dirty look and gets ready to attack him, it doesn't count and she's still a wimp?

Oh, and heaven forbid she'd be deathly afraid of crashing the jet after nearly free-falling to her death the previous day...

Old 06-27-2005, 09:10 PM   #50
CASHMERE
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic
Hold on. Why is it when Rogue gives Magneto a dirty look and gets ready to attack him, it doesn't count and she's still a wimp?

Oh, and heaven forbid she'd be deathly afraid of crashing the jet after nearly free-falling to her death the previous day...
Oh please! did you not see magneto's face. hello movie Rogue won't stand a chance to movie magneto did she forget that she's in a steel plane.

I've said this before and im going to say it again.. Wolverine got is second powers well sort of. Now Jean is getting Phoenix. I want Supergirl ROGUE and be the "muscle" in fights just like she was in the cartoons. Rogue was my favorite character but i've totally forgotten about her in the movie.

Closed Thread