The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:53 AM   #101
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Rogue/Anna X3 Thread

I do think that there should be one scene where she temporarily absorbs Juggernaut's super strength, and she dukes it out fist to fist with him.

That, I think, would be totally awesome, and give Rogue fans their glimpse of her with her super strength.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:57 AM   #102
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay
I do think that there should be one scene where she temporarily absorbs Juggernaut's super strength, and she dukes it out fist to fist with him.

That, I think, would be totally awesome, and give Rogue fans their glimpse of her with her super strength.
This I agree with. They did it in the Evolution series and it was a good watch to see her up against the might that is Juggernaut. In the TAS series however, she could absorb his powers. Since X3 will probably go with Juggernaut as a mutant however, it shouldn't be a problem, and like you say, a nod to the fans.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:09 AM   #103
duo_gabo
Side-Kick

yea that would be nice... i really hope they'll do it...

3)watching comic book movies.....
Old 06-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #104
ljr
Side-Kick

The rogue i'd like to see in x-3 is a combination of the movie rogue(tormented by the reality of her powers) and the comic rogue(though she doesn't necesssarily need her other powers)Have her be more sassy and flirty like we glimpsed she could be in the last two movies,and have her be trained to fight and i'd be happy.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #105
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay

DO IT! DO IT! *shakes fist*

Old 06-30-2005, 03:23 PM   #106
Fray Ok
Ms. Chievous

I'd like to a scene where Rogue is sitting in on the Brotherhood meetings and one of them ask her "What can you do?".She touches him and answers "Whatever you can." She then uses his powers to his amazement.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #107
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor
Not really about the movie but can any of you give me a quick 411 on Rogue in the comics now? Last thing I read about her was when she lost her powers during the ending run of X-treme, but I think she got them back... right?
Rogue just permanately absorbed Sunfire near the end of her solo series. So once again she has the ability to fly and now has powers that go out (which I think is just as good as super strength). At the end of Rogue #12 the author (Stephanie Moore) said she gave Rogue new powers instead of doing a reset of the Ms. Marvel powers. Apparently this writer wanted to be creative when it came to giving Rogue somebody else's powers permanately.

Last edited by Mistopurr83; 06-30-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #108
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistopurr83
Rogue just permanately absorbed Sunfire near the end of her solo series. So once again she has the ability to fly and now has powers that go out (which I think is just as good as super strength). At the end of Rogue #12 the author (Stephanie Moore) said she gave Rogue new powers instead of doing a reset of the Ms. Marvel powers. Apparently this writer wanted to be creative when it came to giving Rogue somebody else's powers permanately.

Didn't expect that... What do you mean she "has powers that go out"? Did you mean that her absorbed powers don't always work? What happened to Sunfire? Is he comatose?

Old 06-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #109
spark627
Side-Kick

he was killed by lady dee.. or so rogue thought. he gave rogue the powers as he 'died'

Old 06-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #110
Mistopurr83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor
Didn't expect that... What do you mean she "has powers that go out"? Did you mean that her absorbed powers don't always work? What happened to Sunfire? Is he comatose?
Well Cyclops' optic blasts are a power that goes out, along with Jubilee's fireworks power, and lightning Storm creates with her hands. I said Rogue has power that goes out b/c she can create fire and she can blast somebody with it. No I didn't mean what you asked.

Sunfire is either dead or is in a coma. Just before Rogue absorbed him, he had his legs severed off by Deathstrike (it's likely Lady D killed him) and he was very near death. Just as he was dying and hardly able to speak, he told Rogue to absorb him in order to get these cuffs off her hands. When Rogue started absorbing Sunfire, this lady from her past "Blindspot" forced her to not let go of him. This is obviously why it became permanent. After that Rogue was having a battle with her own x-men teammates but later ran off with Blindspot. Than at the end of Rogue #12 she was back with the x-men and they went to check on Sunfire but when they got to where he was dying, his body was gone. Basically what became of Sunfire remains a mystery. But for now most readers are assuming he's currently dead.

If you wanna see the exact details I'd recommend you read the "Forget Me Not" issues of the Rogue solo series.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:38 PM   #111
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Well Cyclops' optic blasts are a power that goes out, along with Jubilee's fireworks power, and lightning Storm creates with her hands. I said Rogue has power that goes out b/c she can create fire and she can blast somebody with it. No I didn't mean what you asked.
Ohhh. You meant she has projectile/long range powers.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:39 PM   #112
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Ah, you meant Energy Projection, ok, thanks.

I hope Sunfire isn't dead.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #113
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

Tony Bedard is the writer of the Forget Me Not arc, who's Stephanie Moore?!

And as for Sunfire:

SPOILERS AHEAD

Sunfire features in the upcoming New X-men: Academy X House Of M arc, he is the evil ruler of Japan. So I guess his death/legs getting chopped off gets undone in Wandas new House Of M reality...who knows what will happen after that

Old 06-30-2005, 07:15 PM   #114
Angry Sentinel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Edit...Then at the end of Rogue #12 she was back with the x-men and they went to check on Sunfire but when they got to where he was dying, his body was gone. Basically what became of Sunfire remains a mystery. But for now most readers are assuming he's currently dead.
If you wanna see the exact details I'd recommend you read the "Forget Me Not" issues of the Rogue solo series.
Please tell me why any one who reads a marvel comic would "assume" that someone is dead? Thats like when Ras Al Ghul assumed Bruce Wayne would not survive the beam falling on him in Begins (before you flame I like the movie, but that was stupid).

I read the colossus story where he cured the legacy virus and later kitty scattered his ashes, that was the last time I ever allowed myself to believe that anyone dies in a marvel comic.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:15 PM   #115
addismad
Side-Kick

thats kinda cool, rogue having new permanent powers, so let me get this straight?

she can fly

and she can create/manipulate fire?

Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 PM   #116
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

Yep, correctamondo although not manipulate like Pyro does...it's just more like shots of flame

Old 07-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #117
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyIAN
I hope anna paquin has more things to do in x3.She was kinda underused in x2.
"kinda underused" is an understatement hehe.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #118
duo_gabo
Side-Kick

she was under used hehehe

3)watching comic book movies.....
Old 07-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #119
ljr
Side-Kick

Have any of you seen anna's boyfriend,his name is logan marshall-green and he's a regular on THE O.C.,he plays ryan's brother trey.If their still looking for someone to play gambit,he would be a good choice,they could just dye his hair a shade darker and he would be a perfect 20-22 yr old gambit.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #120
micky-fox
Side-Kick

Yeah I've seen him. I'd rather him not play Gambit though, he is not a good enough actor.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #121
snwboarder88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljr
Have any of you seen anna's boyfriend,his name is logan marshall-green and he's a regular on THE O.C.,he plays ryan's brother trey.If their still looking for someone to play gambit,he would be a good choice,they could just dye his hair a shade darker and he would be a perfect 20-22 yr old gambit.
really? where did you hear this?

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us
Old 07-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #122
Ions
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky-fox
Yeah I've seen him. I'd rather him not play Gambit though, he is not a good enough actor.
Agreed, I'd also prefer Gambit be a few years older than Rogue as well(and look it).

Old 07-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #123
micky-fox
Side-Kick

Same.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #124
Needia
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwboarder88
really? where did you hear this?
They've been going out for a year- there's some photos of them together.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #125
micky-fox
Side-Kick

Thats interesting.

Closed Thread