The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #51
Mister Sinister
Picture of Paul McCartney

Default Re: The Official Juggernaut/Vinnie Jones Thread.

For what it's worth, Vinnie has shaved his head bald. He's on the front page of a local newspaper over here.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:04 PM   #52
WalkingDead
Side-Kick

I would imagine IF Juggernaut gets an actual costume...Juggy's costume would be colored dark rust-red with some black and maybe a bit of brown.

Hell, honestly he might not even have a "Juggernaut" costume, he might be in some prisoner get-up, like just brown tore clothes or something like that if he is part of the prison break (which may or may not happen now).

WalkingDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:08 PM   #53
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDead
I would imagine IF Juggernaut gets an actual costume...Juggy's costume would be colored dark rust-red with some black and maybe a bit of brown.

Hell, honestly he might not even have a "Juggernaut" costume, he might be in some prisoner get-up, like just brown tore clothes or something like that if he is part of the prison break (which may or may not happen now).
I don't think they would write the jail break out, a lot of people found that one of the good things about the so-called-script. I think they'll leave it, if they do it will explain a lot. I'm sure he won't be in a jail get up the whole time, Magneto has to make a psyche-proof suit... or else he'd be down in one shot with the slightest pf psychics.

The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #54
Octoberist
point blank

But I don't think that it'll be at The Rock in San Fran. I can't see them having the time to travel down over there, if they're in Canada. Of course, there's CGI and sets that can help, but I fear that it won't be convincing.

If they do have it, it would a fictional prison...I think

Old 07-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #55
Slim_X
Side-Kick

I think Vinnie's great for the role, he looks very intimidating

Slim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #56
heathm
Side-Kick

i like the idea of vinnie for the role i just wonder if they will use cgi to make him bigger (like 10 feet tall bigger) or just go with him being strong because i think it would be awsome to make him huge as long as it don't look cheesy. and i would love to see some more of collosus in x3 but no backstory, have a great entrance for him like he is the last chance to bring down juggy and have him change then before he can throw a puch he gets thrown back like 50 feet, that would be hilarious and nerve wrecking, plus that is how it would happen if this was real

heathm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #57
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathm
i like the idea of vinnie for the role i just wonder if they will use cgi to make him bigger (like 10 feet tall bigger) or just go with him being strong because i think it would be awsome to make him huge as long as it don't look cheesy. and i would love to see some more of collosus in x3 but no backstory, have a great entrance for him like he is the last chance to bring down juggy and have him change then before he can throw a puch he gets thrown back like 50 feet, that would be hilarious and nerve wrecking, plus that is how it would happen if this was real
YES you hit that colossus part right on the ball... we need something like that to show jugg's true power, plus bring back colo

Old 07-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #58
Slim_X
Side-Kick

I think a Cyclops and Colossus Vs. Juggernaut fight would be awesome.

Slim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #59
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

yeah id like to see maybe gambit or beast in tehre aswell

Old 07-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #60
Octoberist
point blank

I hope that they do make him slightly taller. He's 6'2 already, so give him some lifts to make him at least 6'4/6'5.

What bothered me about the Thing in F4 was that he was short. That's fine, but for some ODD reason, Tim Story would use low angles (esp on the bridge) to make him look 'taller'. But then he'll have scene where the he's walking with the group, and he's no taller than the yummy Jessica Alba. That's just a bad decision. Then why use the low angles in the first place? Film is a visual medium and practical effect can be made.

If they make Juggs look tall, they better not contridict itself like what Story did with the Thing.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #61
Joaqenix
Side-Kick

Hes obviously just going to be a Sabretooth/Lady Deathstrike part. Its painfully obvious. Hes the least famous actor in an already crowded movie. Besides, its not like Juggernaut is the most chatty of all mutants. I would be really, really surprised if he had much more of a part than Sabretooth.

I don't think we'll get any of the Juggernaut/Professor X connection.

Joaqenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #62
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC LA Batys
But I don't think that it'll be at The Rock in San Fran. I can't see them having the time to travel down over there, if they're in Canada. Of course, there's CGI and sets that can help, but I fear that it won't be convincing.

If they do have it, it would a fictional prison...I think
A lot of posters are for the "jail break" scene, but it's the one that makes me the most nervous. It has the potential to be one of the best moments of the movie (if it remains intact) or the worst. I'm worried we're going to get some horribly stereotypical cheesy prison clip that serves as little more than a device from which to feature mutant cameos. If the scene remains, I hope they take their time with it, so it looks great . . . as well as serves as a meaningful plot device.

Yeah, I agree. Juggernaut will do little more than Sabretooth and Deathstrike did in the previous two films.

Last edited by BMM; 07-18-2005 at 04:43 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #63
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I think he'll be involved in more fights though...

I'm thinking...

He should run through a large group of angry mutants on his way out of the prison... this would give a great opportunity for cameos (Unus, Cannonball, Gambit, Avalanche, Blob, Some morlocks and maybe even Emma Frost check the sig...) that wouldn't take over the film.

A short battle occurs when Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Wolverine and Iceman take on the raging crowd. Magneto steps in and its all over.

He hits a sentinel

He should next take on Colossus, Iceman, Beast and Shadowcat possibly with the help of Cannonball and/or Avalanche for an interesting fight.

He takes out another sentinel

Rogue can get some super human strength after she fights him when a brotherhood meeting goes wrong, she may even get some help from Gambit.

Bye bye yet another sentinel

He will then help out with the fight against Phoenix.

Just some ideas for his fights... They should all be fairly short, besides the Phoenix battle of course, but other than that he won't take up too much room but we will still get a good, um, taste of him.

The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #64
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

me like bamf, very creative

Old 07-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #65
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I could see Juggernaut chasing Shadowcat and Shadowcat is going through walls as Juggernaut is breaking through them to get her.Then Shadowcat runs through Colossus and Jugernaut has a wall he can't break through(Colossus).

Old 07-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #66
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

more creativity i like even more haha.. colossus would get tossed around by juggy but colo would put a decent fight up...

Old 07-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #67
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin
I could see Juggernaut chasing Shadowcat and Shadowcat is going through walls as Juggernaut is breaking through them to get her.Then Shadowcat runs through Colossus and Jugernaut has a wall he can't break through(Colossus).

The creative jiuces are flowing!

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #68
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Magneto is on the city street and he picks up fifteen cars to throw at Cyclops and on the street behind Magneto Juggernaut goes charging at Iceman and Iceman freezes the ground underneath Juggernaut and Juggernaut falls on his face and goes sliding past Iceman and Juggernaut crashes into Magneto and Magneto and Juggernaut goes sliding underneath the cars right before they all come crashing on top of them.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:44 PM   #69
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

ummmm the impact of juggernaut on magneto would kill him instantly not to mention hes sliding on top of the poor old man... and then the cars on top would help either... and im sure cyclops would throw a few beams in

Old 07-18-2005, 08:47 PM   #70
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnSabahNur
ummmm the impact of juggernaut on magneto would kill him instantly not to mention hes sliding on top of the poor old man... and then the cars on top would help either... and im sure cyclops would throw a few beams in
^Or Juggernaut could go sliding past Magneto just bumping him a little causing Magneto too lose control of the cars,so the cars only land on top of Juggernaut.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 PM   #71
WalkingDead
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC LA Batys
I hope that they do make him slightly taller. He's 6'2 already, so give him some lifts to make him at least 6'4/6'5.

If they make Juggs look tall, they better not contridict itself like what Story did with the Thing.
Well, with Sabretooth, the actor was 6' 9" and they made him become 7' 2" by the time all the makeup and lift-boots and everything else was put on him.
I imagine just a bit more extreme with Vinnie...like since he's 6' 2", they make him 6' 10" or so before it's over.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #72
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnSabahNur

LMAO... that seems funny to me.

Hahahahaha.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:52 PM   #73
WalkingDead
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin
^Or Juggernaut could go sliding past Magneto just bumping him a little causing Magneto too lose control of the cars,so the cars only land on top of Juggernaut.
If they keep it to the comics...that wouldn't work...Juggernaut can't be slid around on ice if he's running or walking, it's part of why he's called Juggernaut (an unstoppable force...and when in motion, Juggy can't be stopped by anything other than his own choice). He'd walk right over the ice, shattering it.

Last edited by WalkingDead; 07-18-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #74
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

yeah thatd be a great way to kill of magneto... maybe a train crash for xavier... and a fatal std for cyclops.... this is what you get for doing it with the phoenix lol

Old 07-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #75
WalkingDead
Side-Kick

If Juggernaut's gonna have a fight I wanna see Logan try to bring him down and get his ass handed to him. Then several others try to jump into it to stop him.

But honestly I bet Cyclops will stop Juggy. He'll tear his visor off and obliterate him...even though in the comics that would do nothing by slow Juggy down and piss him off.