The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-21-2005, 12:15 PM   #101
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Juggernaut/Vinnie Jones Thread.

i want to see the juggernaut from evolution... vinni could pull that off easily, and it looks cool too!

Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #102
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Old 07-21-2005, 12:32 PM   #103
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

^^^ Yeah, that would work.

We'll see.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #104
JP
Smelly

I just realized how much Vinnie looks like Juggernaut. Well the evolution version anyway.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #105
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsketch
I just realized how much Vinnie looks like Juggernaut. Well the evolution version anyway.
One of my issues of Uncanny that Juggernaut is in (#334), Juggernaut takes off his helment, and I swear it looks like Vinnie Jones.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #106
Electrix
Side-Kick

Maybe the reason they cast Vinnie was because he looked liked Juggernaut?...lol

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #107
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Wire
Maybe the reason they cast Vinnie was because he looked liked Juggernaut?...lol

Old 07-21-2005, 09:32 PM   #108
The Guard
Side-Kick

I can see the screentests now.

"We want you to put on this helmet"

(Several people emerge, holding a massive Juggernaut helmet)

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 AM   #109
Ions
Side-Kick

They cast him because hes a menacing c**t! With that big ass head. Perfect for Juggernaut. Hopefully they go liberal with the amount of destruction Juggernaut causes. Be funny watching him walk casually through buildings on the way to do something. Like it was just an everyday event.

Also I think they should use the same sort of device they used in Evo to restrain Juggernaut, to explain why Magneto needs to rescue him from Jail. It's the only way to explain it. If the jails use chemicals/machines and what not to keep the mutants unconscious. Also be good if Magneto thinks Juggernaut will help him. But Juggernaut just uses Magneto to get free then goes and does his own thing. I really hope they don't tone down Juggernaut so hes just a mutant and is 'one' with the brotherhood.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #110
spidey207
Side-Kick

I hope early on it appears appears Juggy in "one" w/ the Brotherhood but it turns out he has a hidden agenda which is to get back at Prof. X. sometime in the 3rd Act.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #111
Mister Sinister
Picture of Paul McCartney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnSabahNur
Is it wierd that I think Rogue from Evolution is hotter than a human?

Old 07-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #112
spidey207
Side-Kick

Its true, Anna Paquin or whatever was possibly the worst possible choice for Rogue. She(especially for a actress) is plain ugly or at least unattractive. worst choice for Rogue possible, except maybe Queen Latifa.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #113
JP
Smelly

^^ Not at all. Its perfectly natural.

*goes to watch Evolution*

EDIT: Anna is anything but ugly. Buncha haters.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #114
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey207
Its true, Anna Paquin or whatever was possibly the worst possible choice for Rogue. She(especially for a actress) is plain ugly or at least unattractive. worst choice for Rogue possible, except maybe Queen Latifa.
WHAT?! [/liljon]

Anna Paquin is far from ugly, far from unattractive. Anna Paquin is a very beautiful girl, I'd love if I had a girlfriend as good looking as her.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #115
MoiBijou
Side-Kick

Post Re: The Official Juggernaut/Vinnie Jones Thread.

I'm a girl and I have to say Anna is pretty... not an AMAZING beauty, but she looks fine...

But tough I hate Rogue, I have to say the Evo cartoon is hotter than her...

MoiBijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #116
Leon the Professional
Side-Kick

[/QUOTE]

That would be much cooler if Juggernaut ran right thru Cyclops' optic blast. Cyke would really have to take off his visor and use a full-power unfiltered blast to slow/stop Juggs.

Leon the Professional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #117
JP
Smelly

Looking at that picture makes me feel bad for poor Cyke. Juggernaut knocked the beams right out of him. Poor guy.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:30 AM   #118
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Looking at that picture makes me feel bad for poor Cyke. Juggernaut knocked the beams right out of him. Poor guy.
Juggernaut would knock the beams out of almost everyone. Wolverine, Iceman, Beast, Angel....anyone of them would go flying.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:34 AM   #119
liverlips
Side-Kick

Here's the Jughead scenario I have in mind:
Back at the mansion, Colossus is the first line of defense and he puts up a good fight, but we know what the outcome will be. The music gets somber when he hits the floor and reverts back to flesh.
The rest of the team has held off for fear of hitting the wrong guy; now Cyclops and Storm jump in as the others form a shield around the Professor.
They both manage to take the big guy off his feet, but he just bounces back up and plods forward. He finally gets Cyke in a bearhug and squeezes until you hear bones popping (nobody realizes yet that he's a goner...they were going to bump him off anyway, right?).
Storm gets ***** slapped and we're out two more X-Men. Knowing he's protected by his helmet, Jugs heads straight for lil' brother. He scatters the remaining members by hurling furniture and then has a short chat with Chuck, before crushing his windpipe.
This causes the misfits to throw caution to the wind and work as a team (for once) to bring the big guy down. Wolverine spears him in the eyeholes and is immediately KO'd in the process. A blind Marko staggers around as Iceman puts the big freeze on him. Immobilized, Beast leaps on his back, removes his helmet, lands some cheap shots and hops away just as Cain shatters the ice. Meantime, Rogue soaks up a still unconscious Colossus' power and transforms into metal. Jugs hears her coming and swings at the air, but she waits for the right moment and manages to catch him on the jaw. With Juggernaut dazed, she grabs on to his arm and drains his juice until there's nothing but a shrunken corpse inside the armor.
I thought having her be the hero would lead nicely into the X-kids spinoff.
That's it...not as exciting as Ali/Frazier, but I think it'll do.

liverlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:02 AM   #120
Will
Reed Richards is a DICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon the Professional
Quote:
That would be much cooler if Juggernaut ran right thru Cyclops' optic blast. Cyke would really have to take off his visor and use a full-power unfiltered blast to slow/stop Juggs.
Where did you get those storyboards? They from X3's preliminary stuff?

Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:07 AM   #121
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Where did you get those storyboards? They from X3's preliminary stuff?
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...d.php?t=187191

Old 07-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #122
Will
Reed Richards is a DICK

Quote:
Ah I see.

Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:59 AM   #123
WalkingDead
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlips
Here's the Jughead scenario I have in mind:
Back at the mansion, Colossus is the first line of defense and he puts up a good fight, but we know what the outcome will be. The music gets somber when he hits the floor and reverts back to flesh.
The rest of the team has held off for fear of hitting the wrong guy; now Cyclops and Storm jump in as the others form a shield around the Professor.
They both manage to take the big guy off his feet, but he just bounces back up and plods forward. He finally gets Cyke in a bearhug and squeezes until you hear bones popping (nobody realizes yet that he's a goner...they were going to bump him off anyway, right?).
Storm gets ***** slapped and we're out two more X-Men. Knowing he's protected by his helmet, Jugs heads straight for lil' brother. He scatters the remaining members by hurling furniture and then has a short chat with Chuck, before crushing his windpipe.
This causes the misfits to throw caution to the wind and work as a team (for once) to bring the big guy down. Wolverine spears him in the eyeholes and is immediately KO'd in the process. A blind Marko staggers around as Iceman puts the big freeze on him. Immobilized, Beast leaps on his back, removes his helmet, lands some cheap shots and hops away just as Cain shatters the ice. Meantime, Rogue soaks up a still unconscious Colossus' power and transforms into metal. Jugs hears her coming and swings at the air, but she waits for the right moment and manages to catch him on the jaw. With Juggernaut dazed, she grabs on to his arm and drains his juice until there's nothing but a shrunken corpse inside the armor.
I thought having her be the hero would lead nicely into the X-kids spinoff.
That's it...not as exciting as Ali/Frazier, but I think it'll do.
I like your scenario for the most part...like the Colossus, Storm, and Cyclops bits.
A few things I don't like are:
Wolverine has tried to pierce Juggernaut's eyes before and they are like the rest of him, pretty much invulnerable. But for the movies, it's no big deal and could work out.
The problem is that Rogue has never been able to do much more than make Juggy dizzy from trying to drain him. She always passed out or went crazy from draining him while Juggy staggers a bit and then recomposes himself shortly afterwards.
Unless they severely cut Juggy's powers down, he's not gonna go out like you've proposed. Also it is pointless to kill off Juggernaut IMHO, but they could.

It's about a half and half mix there...if they make Juggernaut weaker than his comics version, this isn't a bad road to go down.

Last edited by WalkingDead; 07-24-2005 at 02:03 AM.
WalkingDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #124
liverlips
Side-Kick

Thanks, Walking Dead.

I heard this may be the last of the series, so I thought a few violent deaths would be in order. I haven't read the comics in over twenty-five years (the movies have unleashed the kid inside), so I'm sure you know more about these guys than I do. I think they probably will tweak Juggernaut's power a bit and make him more vulnerable...otherwise I don't think anyone could take him out(maybe the Professor?).
I hope they decide to have Juggs hunt Xavier down on his own and build the tension like a horror movie. The school gates could be ripped open as he stands in the moonlight, calling Chuck out. Colossus could rush out the door and try to keep the fight outside, while Cyke and Storm follow him as backup. The rest of the mutants could nervously watch the fight from the upstairs window while they guard Prof.X. They could play "Psycho" strings (weee weee weee) when Cain gets past the first three and bursts into the mansion.
Move over, Freddie and Jason.

liverlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:56 PM   #125
WalkingDead
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlips
Thanks, Walking Dead.

I heard this may be the last of the series, so I thought a few violent deaths would be in order. I haven't read the comics in over twenty-five years (the movies have unleashed the kid inside), so I'm sure you know more about these guys than I do. I think they probably will tweak Juggernaut's power a bit and make him more vulnerable...otherwise I don't think anyone could take him out(maybe the Professor?).
I hope they decide to have Juggs hunt Xavier down on his own and build the tension like a horror movie. The school gates could be ripped open as he stands in the moonlight, calling Chuck out. Colossus could rush out the door and try to keep the fight outside, while Cyke and Storm follow him as backup. The rest of the mutants could nervously watch the fight from the upstairs window while they guard Prof.X. They could play "Psycho" strings (weee weee weee) when Cain gets past the first three and bursts into the mansion.
Move over, Freddie and Jason.
Cool...I could like that a lot if done right.

I'm sure they'll weaken Juggernaut a bit, they practically have to, well not really.
I fully believe Phoenix will destroy Juggy in the end, after he does his thing for a few scenes.

WalkingDead is offline   Reply With Quote