The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #276
Star
Slurr

Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

yeah, i hope there isnt either. it would be weird, especially since wolverine is all over jean... or er, was.

i guess he COULD have been like 'i am so sad. heyyyy storm.'
but for some reason, i just can't picture it considering their 'hardly even friends' relationship in the past movies.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #277
Intheknow101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_chaser65
yeah, i hope there isnt either. it would be weird, especially since wolverine is all over jean... or er, was.

i guess he COULD have been like 'i am so sad. heyyyy storm.'
but for some reason, i just can't picture it considering their 'hardly even friends' relationship in the past movies.
I agree, it has no basis in the other 2 movies. THey're team mates nothing more.

In the comics they've shared a couple kisses but its never amounted to anything romantic. Only once and that was a weird issue where the ever pragmatic Claremont decided to have Wolverine and Storm pair up, while Nightcrawler was also getting hot and heavy for her and Rachel at the same time. Gee, forced relationships are just the new thing it seems.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #278
HighVoltage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ć-
Your just aching for some pedaphile action in X-3 aren't ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúthien
I wouldn't term it as paedophelia. The official X-2 movie site lists Rogues birthday as that of Annas, and she's 23 - hardly making Logan a paedophile. Add to that the fact that Rogue has a nice healthy dose of two very expereience men in her head means that she could hardly be called a child. Her relationship with Logan is well flushed out since X1 and they seem to have a deep bond and a real relationship. Something that could actually lead to them eventually getting together in the movies.Plus, the tent scene with Mystique in X2 hinted at something,
Eh every time I saw X-MEN 1 or X2 Im Not Thinking in that Freak Word, you are thinking about that Freak thing dude.

Not Me HighVoltage.

Hey -AE- Relax yuorself dude. Because X-MEN Movies are not about that Freak thing what do you think.

Because tecnically Logan is Older than Storm Or Jean!!!! Hey Even Wolverine is more Old instead of Professor Xavier ( with due respect For Prof. X ).

Just try to think about a relationship between a Guy of 100 years old ( Logan ) with a Girl of 30 years old ( Ororo or Jean ), so that thing is the word that you use or you are thinking?

See Ya.

Peace.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #279
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

... Freak... Thing?.... Freak... World?
.. Huh?

Old 10-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #280
-Ć-
Fallen

What are you talking about man!! Your talking crazy talk, only thing I understand out of all of that was WOLVERINE

Old 10-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #281
Lúthien

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ć-
Well first off, welcome to the boards, second, I understand, thank you for correcting, yet I find it very hard due to the fact that Wolverine has been alive for a really long time, and still even if she is 23 in the movie, its still a very drastic length to have them be lovers.

Its definetly a Parent - Child type relationship, or that older sibliing, younger sibling. Know if Rouge was a bit older maybe around Jean Grey or Storms age, than maybe will have something going. Yet just the way the met through X1 it definetly defines a Parental relationship. Nothing other than that.
Thanks for the welcome!

Loads of people get the squick factor with a Logan/Rogue relationship. Kinda easy to understand. Lot of people don't though, some reviewers of the first movie even thought that Hugh and Anna didn't read their script due to their chemistry onscreen. I know the relationship is meant to be parental, but they bought a total element altogether to it when they interacted, I don't think that all the shippers are that delusional.

Have to agree with you that it's too drastic a step to take for X3, Rogue needs time to grow up normally, despite her maturity from the people in her head before heading down that road, plus there's the Bobby and Remy(?) factor if they want to cover it. Though I still think that Singer did kinda of hint at a possible relationship, the tent scene reinforced it in X2.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #282
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

Wolverin and Rogue...not to far fetched. As someone said above...there was a certain "chemistry."

Old 10-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #283
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere
Wolverin and Rogue...not to far fetched. As someone said above...there was a certain "chemistry."

Like I said...it would gross audiences out.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #284
BigMac
Side-Kick

There is still so much more room for the Wolverine, Cyke, Jean triangle. The Wolverine Storm thing would just be ridiculous; not to mention that it would be a waste of screen time.

Facebook Me
http://facebook.com/p.php?id=30403593&l=2ccad49544

Last edited by BigMac; 10-08-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #285
ComicQueen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh!!

*runs off to make artwork*

Old 10-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #286
N_z0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúthien
Though I still think that Singer did kinda of hint at a possible relationship, the tent scene reinforced it in X2.
Wasn't Wolverine's reaction to the sight of Rogue kind of indicative of what he thought of this supposed coupling?

Old 10-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #287
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
Uh, Logan in the comics: takes young Kitty Pryde as Sidekick, does the same with Jubilee later... Logan in the movies: Gets really close to the young Rogue...

Someone call the police!

Old 10-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #288
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_z0
Wasn't Wolverine's reaction to the sight of Rogue kind of indicative of what he thought of this supposed coupling?
Yes it was. When Mystique was laying on top of him and morphed into Rogue his expression said it all. He is not attracted to her at all.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:13 PM   #289
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Ha!Ha!...Rolo factor.
I think I definently had potential to work cuz halle and hugh seemed to have chemistry between them and in the other movie they did together but the X-men films showed basically no chemistry between them...its gonna be really akward to do it now when they rarely exchanged words with each other.

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Old 10-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #290
ComicQueen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor
Yes it was. When Mystique was laying on top of him and morphed into Rogue his expression said it all. He is not attracted to her at all.
Actually, isn't there something within the script that says about Mystique knowingly transforms into Rogue??? Not exactly sure the right phrase but it makes their relationship even more subtexted.

If you're a Bryan Singer fan you would know that he has a penchant for May/December (although Hugh/Anna aren't that large in age gap). His program "House" has the exact same element with the relationship between Dr. Gregory House and Dr. Allison Cameron, yet they have an age gap that doubles the gap between Hugh & Anna.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #291
N_z0
Side-Kick

House is a Singer show? i didn't know that.

Anyways, it's been pretty much established that Rogue has a crush on Logan. "She's quite taken by you." (i kno i've just butchered that line.) So no one's denying that and that's just it, a one-sided attraction.

I had a bunch more i wanted to say but i'm getting lazy...

Old 10-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #292
ComicQueen
Side-Kick

Didn't spend too much time on this one.

I think they look appropriate. Considering "House" is on TV and Primetime there shouldn't be an argument. I'd like to see it as adult subtext, works well with how Bryan spun it in the two films. Too bad he's not working the magic in the next one

It's going to be a waste not seeing any more of Hugh and Anna chemistry.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #293
Downhere

Well, you never know...Ratner may continue the Hugh and Anna chemistry. Just have to wait and see.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #294
BigMac
Side-Kick

If Wolverine doesn't want her, I'll take one for the team.

Facebook Me
http://facebook.com/p.php?id=30403593&l=2ccad49544
Old 10-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #295
Downhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac
LOL. Wolverine thinks she's too much of a kid. Remember in X2 when Mystique is on top of him changing to all the girls. when she changes to Rogue he makes this look like agh! lol.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:41 PM   #296
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Well, you never know...Ratner may continue the Hugh and Anna chemistry. Just have to wait and see.
i hope not that love was a dead end to begin with........
halle and hugh relationship seems based purely on sex to me.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #297
Downhere

I really hope they don't add chemistry between Wolvie and Storm...good grief. lol. He hardly spoke to her in the last two films to have any kind of connection.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #298
ComicQueen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac
LMAO!

Quote:
I really hope they don't add chemistry between Wolvie and Storm...good grief. lol. He hardly spoke to her in the last two films to have any kind of connection.
It'll be one of the weakest points of the film if they did. You're right, they just don't have a connection and with this being the third film there isn't a foundation for Wolverine and Storm.

I still think Ratner will give it the College try. FOX is just wanting the film out there they don't care what quality or logic it has. I've lost alot of faith in this film delivering anything but mindless CGI-fest and even that seems to be cut a bit.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #299
Mary
Bongiovi Girl

Quote:
LOL. Wolverine thinks she's too much of a kid. Remember in X2 when Mystique is on top of him changing to all the girls. when she changes to Rogue he makes this look like agh! lol.
He made this look. But who knows what he was thinking?
I like Rogue/Wolverine, i think it doesn't need to be a romance, but i'd like to see more scenes with them in X3!

Old 10-09-2005, 07:03 AM   #300
ljr
Side-Kick

agree,they should hve more scenes together-but no romance.Yes there was chemistrybetween them in x1,and x2-but I think that was chem betwee hugh and anna and not the characters,at least in a sexual sense.

Closed Thread