The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #326
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,107
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

You'd think she was talking about Kira Knightly and Kathleen Turner.



Granted, Anna does fit into her X-suit alot better than Halle and Famke do.

JP is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #327
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 35,138
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Famke... Manish... HA!

Well, she did play a transexual on Nip/Tuck. But looked damn fine doing it. I was sure surprised when they went that direction.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #328
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil
Her body looks anything but pubescent to me. Rollercoaster figure that looks
more grown up than Hallery Berry's (who's body looks more like a 12 year old
boy) or Famke (who looks more manish because of her height and built).
Tsk...tsk...tsk.

I realize that you obviously are a Rogue/Wolverine shipper, but let's steer
away from making senseless, stupid statements like the one you've posted above.
Apparently you too need some enlightenment.

If you equate Halle Berry's physique with anything masculine your
arguement has lost all credibility. I'm not sure what country (or planet) you're
from, but 12 year olds of either sex look nothing like this here in
America...











Now that's a WOMAN with "rollercoaster curves".

As you can see my dear, Halle carries the distinction of one of the world's
most beautiful actresses for a reason. It is the general opinion that she
packs more raw feminine sex appeal in her pinkie than Anna Paquin's
entire body
. And Famke Janssen is likewise striking and incomparable to
that photo shopped pic of Anna.


You want to talk about 12 year-old looking bodies?























Behold.

And don't make me poll it up...it'd be an embarrassing experience.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.


Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 10-10-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #329
JoeCat
Unmatched
 
JoeCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the Watchtower
Posts: 1,242
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313
Well, she did play a transexual on Nip/Tuck. But looked damn fine doing it. I was sure surprised when they went that direction.

Suprised?! On Nip / Tuck? That's a new one! Next you'll be saying that show makes you horny.... who ever heard of such a thing?


JoeCat is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #330
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,107
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313
Well, she did play a transexual on Nip/Tuck. But looked damn fine doing it. I was sure surprised when they went that direction.
She was still beautiful.





Yes, she is tall, strong and imperial ... but no manish.




Last edited by JP; 10-10-2005 at 01:03 PM.
JP is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #331
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick
 
Jan Irisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,762
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

*adjusts glasses*

Yup, according to what I recall from my Anatomy classes, Halle definitely does not have the body of a twelve year old boy, nor is Famke "mannish". Both are obvious and blatant examples of femininity.

Jan Irisi is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:18 PM   #332
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Irisi
*adjusts glasses*

Yup, according to what I recall from my Anatomy classes, Halle definitely does not have the body of a twelve year old boy, nor is Famke "mannish". Both are obvious and blatant examples of femininity.

Indeed.

In fact, is it any small wonder that of the top tier female cast members in this series Anna is consistently ignored for marketing sex appeal? And it's not just FOX or the fans. Even the mags give her no love alongside her co-stars.



That's hardly an indication that she is...ahem, "sexy" or looks more "feminine" than the curvaceous ones in this cast. So Devil-Gurl you might want to think twice before you make another insipid statement i.e. "Famke and Halle look masculine"...lest you get blown out of the water.



Again.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.


Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 10-10-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #333
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,107
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story






JP is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #334
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

WHOOPS!!

TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #335
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
Indeed.

In fact, is it any small wonder that of the top tier female cast members in this series Anna is consistently ignored for marketing sex appeal? And it's not just FOX or the fans. Even the mags give her no love alongside her co-stars.



That's hardly an indication that she is...ahem, "sexy" or looks more "feminine" than the curvaceous ones in this cast.


Vs.



Sorry Anna looks much more seductive and her body looks better in Leather. Halle is just too small and boney'ish in the wrong places. I love Halle and think she's a GORGEOUS woman but as an X-Woman Anna looks the best of the women.

This isn't just my opinion. There are many that find Anna as the Sexy One in the X-Women. Not that Famke and Halle aren't but they just don't look as good.

Anna's on the cover of most of the marketing materials because she has a great look in her suit. Halle's just there because she won the Oscar recently and is bankable not because she looks good in the suit.

TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #336
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
She was still beautiful.
I really, REALLY wish that Famke has long hair again for X3. I hated her short cut from the last film. Just like short styles do well on Halle, longer tresses really compliment Famke's features...besides, it's more "Goddess" looking as she'll be coming back as something just short of the supernatural.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #337
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,107
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
I really, REALLY wish that Famke has long hair again for X3. I hated her short cut from the last film. Just like short styles do well on Halle, longer tresses really compliment Famke's features...besides, it's more "Goddess" looking as she'll be coming back as something just short of the supernatural.
I actually loved the X2 hair, but she does indeed look alot beter with longer hair. I'm sure if Singer new he would be going the Phoenix rute, he would have made the hair longer.

JP is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #338
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil


Vs.



Sorry Anna looks much more seductive and her body looks better in Leather. Halle is just too small and boney'ish in the wrong places. I love Halle and think she's a GORGEOUS woman but as an X-Woman Anna looks the best of the women.

This isn't just my opinion. There are many that find Anna as the Sexy One in the X-Women. Not that Famke and Halle aren't but they just don't look as good.

Anna's on the cover of most of the marketing materials because she has a great look in her suit. Halle's just there because she won the Oscar recently and is bankable not because she looks good in the suit.
That pic of Anna is obviously photoshopped though. In real life she does NOT have an azz like that. At all. She's just not curvy, and padding can do wonders for a girl built like her. And sorry but you would be the first to tell me that Anna is the Sexy One over the other X-Women. I've never heard that before.

As a full-grown man there is nothing about Anna Paquin that that makes my nature rise. When I see her I see a teenager and that is how the film's have portrayed her.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #339
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
That pic of Anna is obviously photoshopped though. In real life she does NOT have an azz like that. At all. She's just not curvy, and padding can do wonders for a girl built like her. And sorry but you would be the first to tell me that Anna is the Sexy One over the other X-Women. I've never heard that before.

As a full-grown man there is nothing about Anna Paquin that that makes my nature rise. When I see her I see a teenager and that is how the film's have portrayed her.
No, it's not photoshopped, sorry but it's her actual picture and yeah if you've seen the new Margaret photos you'd know she INDEED has an ASS like that. Anna's always had a great figure.

Halle's on the other hand is great too! but still not as curvy because they have use Famke's Body for this Standee of Storm.








It was actually Halle that is Photoshopped in the promos and there are some posters where they use Anna's body instead of Halle's for Storm.

TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #340
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil
No, it's not photoshopped, sorry but it's her actual picture and yeah if you've seen the new Margaret photos you'd know she INDEED has an ASS like that. Anna's always had a great figure.

Halle's on the other hand is great too! but still not as curvy because they have use Famke's Body for this Standee of Storm.








It was actually Halle that is Photoshopped in the promos and there are some posters where they use Anna's body instead of Halle's for Storm.
And? That's a common practice in post production marketing. It happens all the time. It doesn't mean that Anna is more curvaceous than Halle Berry. I'm shocked that we're even having this conversation.

Hell, by that logic then Anna's head could be photoshopped on top of Halle's body, and vise versa.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #341
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
And? That's a common practice in post production marketing. It happens all the time. It doesn't mean that Anna is more curvaceous than Halle Berry. I'm shocked that we're even having this conversation.

Hell, by that logic then Anna's head could be photoshopped on top of Halle's body, and vise versa.
I actually have all the stills for everyone and know exactly what each one looks like so you won't win this argument when it comes to the marketing and photo-stills I have them all.

As you see here they used Paquin's (TEENAGE BODY) on what you call a "FULL GROWN WOMAN"





It is common practice with Marketing to do that when they want a certain shot, angle and body physique. They went with Famke's body on that standee because they wanted the pose and Famke's body does look good in that pose.

With the Poster they wanted something sexier so they used Anna's body because from the behind she looks great from behind. So in actuality for them to use a Teenager as you'd like to call it would be pretty stupid.

TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #342
Lúthien
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

I don't think you could call Famke mannish and Halle boney - they are both incredibly beautiful women who look fab in the X suit. I don't think you could say that Anna had a bad body either though, as the above photo demonstrates - she looks great in the leather, IMHO better than Famke and Halle cos it suits her better and she's very curvy.


In relation to marketing, those photos of Halle, Rebecca and Famke were from the marketing campaign for X1. Two of them were best known as supermodels and Halle is usually referred to as the "most beautiful woman in the world". Anna was 18 and wasn't really interpreted as a sex symbol at the time. The mag was trying to shift as many copies as possible. However, by now she's grown up a lot and could stand proudly beside any of them.


Last edited by Lúthien; 10-10-2005 at 02:08 PM.
 
Old 10-10-2005, 02:07 PM   #343
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúthien
I don't think you could call Famke mannish and Halle bony - they are both incredibly beautiful women who look fab in the X suit. I don't think you could say that Anna had a bad body either though, as the above photo demonstrates - she looks great in the leather, IMHO better than Famke and Halle cos it suits her better and she's very curvy.
Absolutely, that was my point. She looks the best out of the women and I personally think in X2 Bryan tried to rectify the X1 image by allowing Anna to be more sexier in these photostills (eventhough he didn't play much of it on film). Anna's body has always been curvy and very seductive (ie. Buffalo Soldiers, 25th Hour and Almost Famous) in her films.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúthien
In relation to marketing, those photos of Halle, Rebecca and Famke were from the marketing campaign for X1. Two of them were best known as supermodels and Halle is usually referred to as the "most beautiful woman in the world". Anna was 18 and wasn't really interpreted as a sex symbol at the time. The mag was trying to shift as many copies as possible. However, by now she's grown up a lot and could stand proudly beside any of them.
I think Anna looks great in the X2 Ad Campaign which is why she was so prominently featured on all the Marketing materials. She was also the most well known of the characters which is why they possibly chose that route. Anna was actually 20 years old when she did these photos.

Her body looks just as curvy now.


TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #344
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil
I actually have all the stills for everyone and know exactly what each one looks like so you won't win this argument when it comes to the marketing and photo-stills I have them all.

As you see here they used Paquin's (TEENAGE BODY) on what you call a "FULL GROWN WOMAN"





It is common practice with Marketing to do that when they want a certain shot, angle and body physique. They went with Famke's body on that standee because they wanted the pose and Famke's body does look good in that pose.

With the Poster they wanted something sexier so they used Anna's body because from the behind she looks great from behind. So in actuality for them to use a Teenager as you'd like to call it would be pretty stupid.
Okay but...none of this supports your arguement that Anna has a more feminine physique or is better looking in the leather suits than her co-stars. All you've proven is that they swap bodies and heads to fit whatever promo shot they are going for--a reality I already have conceded to be a common practice. Artists only have so many pics to work with when putting together promotional materials. So they are free to manipulate the poses they have to achieve certain looks.

So where is your point? Look again at the pictures JP and I have supplied. In REAL LIFE Halle and Famke have arguably the nicer and more feminine physiques than Anna. Doctored up promotional pix of that actress cannot silence those claims when you put real-life pixs of her alongside those actresses.

Period.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.


Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 10-10-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #345
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
Okay but...none of this supports your arguement that Anna has a more feminine physique or is better looking in the leather suits than her co-stars. All you've proven is that they swap bodies and heads to fit whatever promo shot they are going for--a reality I already have conceded to be a common practice.

So where is your point? Look again at the pictures JP and I have supplied. In REAL LIFE Halle and Famke have arguably the nicer and more feminine physiques than Anna. Doctored up promotional pix of that actress cannot silence those claims when you put real-life pixs of her alongside those actresses.

Period.
Where is the logic in this statment?

I've already proven the point that FOX Marketing prefers using Paquin and Janssen's body if you can't accept it then it's your problem. I've proven as an X-Woman Anna is very desirable and curvier more so than Halle which is really the point I was making.

The pictures you've supplied are all very photoshopped but also there are tons of Paquin images that exhibit alot of her sex appeal much more than Halle or Famke. Sorry but true.







Great thing about Paquin is she doesn't require photoshop :-D

TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #346
JoeCat
Unmatched
 
JoeCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the Watchtower
Posts: 1,242
Talking Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Enough!!!!
lol... the simple matter of it, is nobody is going to win this and everybody is right!!! Physical attributes can only be rated on a scale of personal preference. You are all right, and you all win,.... but i'll tell you for darn sure that if any of these ladies below showed up at my door... well... well... what i'd do is illegal in at least 3 states






But Anna is the best of them!!!!! lmao

JoeCat is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #347
TheDevil
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 152
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchJoe

But Anna is the best of them!!!!! lmao


TheDevil is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #348
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil
Where is the logic in this statment?

I've already proven the point that FOX Marketing prefers using Paquin and Janssen's body if you can't accept it then it's your problem. I've proven as an X-Woman Anna is very desirable and curvier more so than Halle which is really the point I was making.

The pictures you've supplied are all very photoshopped but also there are tons of Paquin images that exhibit alot of her sex appeal much more than Halle or Famke. Sorry but true.



Great thing about Paquin is she doesn't require photoshop :-D


You haven't *proven* a damn thing my dear.

If you honestly think that Anna Paquin has more curves, has more sex appeal and----is more desirable than HALLE BERRY (WTF??) then that's a matter of your personal taste, and we'll have to agree to disagree. What is factual however is that the opinions of the vast, VAST majority of people on earth would disagree with you.

But somehow I think you know that already. And for some odd reason, that's sufficient for me.


Have a nice day.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #349
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick
 
Jan Irisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,762
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil
Where is the logic in this statment?

I've already proven the point that FOX Marketing prefers using Paquin and Janssen's body if you can't accept it then it's your problem. I've proven as an X-Woman Anna is very desirable and curvier more so than Halle which is really the point I was making.

The pictures you've supplied are all very photoshopped but also there are tons of Paquin images that exhibit alot of her sex appeal much more than Halle or Famke. Sorry but true.







Great thing about Paquin is she doesn't require photoshop :-D

You've proven only that FOX used one girl's body, in a particular pose. You have not proven the FOX marketing has the hots for anyone's body, or prefers Paquin's body or Famke's body over another. That seems to be your opinion in this.

Jan Irisi is offline  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #350
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,107
Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

Well, IMO I rank the X girls...

1. Famke
2. Anna
3. Halle
4. Kelly
5. Rebecca

JP is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.