The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:45 PM   #351
Lúthien

Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

It's all a matter of personal opinion. No one is right or wrong...

Old 10-10-2005, 02:45 PM   #352
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!

You haven't *proven* a damn thing my dear.
That's just your stubborness speaking instead of accepting what is in front of you.

Quote:
If you honestly think that Anna Paquin has more curves, has more sex appeal and----is more desirable than HALLE BERRY (WTF??) then that's a matter of your personal taste, and we'll have to agree to disagree. What is factual however is that the opinions of the vast, VAST majority of people on earth would disagree with you.

But somehow I think you know that already. And for some odd reason, that's sufficient for me.

Have a nice day.
Sorry sugah but you've failed to prove to me that Halle is the hottest one when FOX Publicity has decided to use other bodies instead of Halle's own.

Paquin's following is large and many guys (well the straight ones) always prefer Paquin over the other two. It's just the way it is. I know Halle and Famke both have a HUGE gay following. I'll never take away from that but the Paquinboys want to "Do Her" instead of wanting to "Be Her".

She just had a better body in Leather than Halle period. Maybe in other outfits Halle looks fantastic and better than Paquin but from the X-Films are concerned Paquin does look better hands down.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #353
Lúthien

Quote:
Maybe in other outfits Halle looks fantastic and better than Paquin but from the X-Films are concerned Paquin does look better hands down.
Agree, but I think it could be in part from Halle being given crappy wigs . I'm also pretty sure that both Famke and Halle also have a pretty massive straight male following too though...

Last edited by Lúthien; 10-10-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #354
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil
....when FOX Publicity has decided to use other bodies instead of Halle's own.

And you know this how? Got proof? Got the internal memo for this decision?

Old 10-10-2005, 02:57 PM   #355
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúthien
Agree, but I think it could be in part from Halle being given crappy wigs
Absolutely. I think it's also that Halle was given a very crappy uniform. I really dislike the design and it almost look like it was designed to be crappy on purpose. I hoped that Halle's suit would have been altered to show off more of her body but it looked worse in X2. Could have been Bryan's decision on that. who knows.

Either way, Paquin looks best in the Uniform and even at the DVD party she really shined. Her Sex Appeal comes through without even trying.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #356
-Ć-
Fallen

Shes alright looking - Pedro

Old 10-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #357
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
That's just your stubborness speaking instead of accepting what is in front of you.
Um, no. Actually, you just haven't proved a damn thing--I meant what I said. I did not mis-type.

Quote:
Sorry sugah but you've failed to prove to me that Halle is the hottest one when FOX Publicity has decided to use other bodies instead of Halle's own.

Paquin's following is large and many guys (well the straight ones) always prefer Paquin over the other two. It's just the way it is.
That statement alone betrays your lack of understanding on how commercial art and marketing works--a field I am...LOL well, let's just say--fairly well-versed in (BS degree).

A photag will only take a certain amount of shots featuring varied poses of these actors, and then submit the composites to the art team to work with. Once it is in their hands, it is up to the jurisdiction of the artists to decide what message and theme they want promotional posters to convey.

So let's say they don't have a photo of Halle with her back facing you with her weight on one hip--but they NEED a shot like that to "fill in a gap" on the drawing board. What do they do? They have to create it...a la photoshopping. Mix and matching poses and heads--even if it's not always the best match. This is common practice in the industry. In other words, it does not say anything for the artists' preference for the body of the subjects involved. The fact that you'd even suggest that is insipid. These are professionals--with deadlines to meet--not horny "Paquinboys" looking for a chance to paste Paquin's body everywhere.

Ironically enough, you are basing your entire arguement on that one pose.

Quote:
I know Halle and Famke both have a HUGE gay following. I'll never take away from that but the Paquinboys want to "Do Her" instead of wanting to "Be Her".
A most ridiculous of statements!

What relevance does that have to anything at all? Comments like that only hurt your position, as the sexual orientation of people is not the main criterion in determining if an actress is truly "sexy" or not. Boys may have a crush on Ms. Paquin, but it is the MEN of the world who foam at the mouth for Halle.

Wake up.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #358
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick

Hmm, my question went unanswered.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #359
Lazmarquez
Famke for President!

Quote:

Paquin's following is large and many guys (well the straight ones) always prefer Paquin over the other two. It's just the way it is. I know Halle and Famke both have a HUGE gay following. I'll never take away from that but the Paquinboys want to "Do Her" instead of wanting to "Be Her".

She just had a better body in Leather than Halle period. Maybe in other outfits Halle looks fantastic and better than Paquin but from the X-Films are concerned Paquin does look better hands down.
I'm sorry, I rarely chime into discussions like this, and I must agree with a previous post that it doesn't matter who's more attractive because it's all relative. It depends on most people's personal opinions, and an opinion is an opinion. It cannot be proven in fact, thats the reality of it. FOX may have marketing preferences in terms of star status, and that's how they've done it. They use Halle and Hugh the most, because of their hollywood marketability. Besides that, they have done it relatively, not by sex appeal.

As for TheDevil, I respect your opinion, it is entitled and you bring some good points, but the argument has thus far been pointless. NO ONE agrees.. so let's all drop this discussion and direct the thread to it's real topic. But, please, next time you comment on sexuality issues, do not assume and do not pigeon-hole anyone with stereotypes. I, myself, have my preferences and maybe I do like Famke Janssen, but it has nothing to do with my sexuality. It has to do with her abilities as an actress and what she represents and brings to the character we love. I do not want to "be her" as you stated. I enjoy being a man. So please, have some respect, thank you.

May 2006
Old 10-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #360
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Um, no. Actually, you just haven't proved a damn thing--I meant what I said. I did not mis-type.

That statement alone betrays your lack of understanding on how commercial art and marketing works--a field I am...LOL well, let's just say--fairly well-versed in (BS degree).

A photag will only take a certain amount of shots featuring varied poses of these actors, and then submit the composites to the art team to work with. Once it is in their hands, it is up to the jurisdiction of the artists to decide what message and theme they want promotional posters to convey.

So let's say they don't have a photo of Halle with her back facing you with her weight on one hip--but they NEED a shot like that to "fill in a gap" on the drawing board. What do they do? They have to create it...a la photoshopping. Mix and matching poses and heads--even if it's not always the best match. This is common practice in the industry. In other words, it does not say anything for the artists' preference for the body of the subjects involved. The fact that you'd even suggest that is insipid. These are professionals--with deadlines to meet--not horny "Paquinboys" looking for a chance to paste Paquin's body everywhere.

Ironically enough, you are basing your entire arguement on that one pose.

A most ridiculous of statements!

What relevance does that have to anything at all? Comments like that only hurt your position, as the sexual orientation of people is not the main criterion in determining if an actress is truly "sexy" or not. Boys may have a crush on Ms. Paquin, but it is the MEN of the world who foam at the mouth for Halle.

Wake up.

BS Degree! WOW!! Now this wouldn't be the same as someone claiming something they aren't? Would it? I don't mean that as a slam but there are many that claim to be something but exhibit a personality that is anything but....

Actually there is nothing flammatory about what I wrote in regards to their Gay Following which is FANTASTIC to have. Look at how well it works for Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Diana Ross as well as actress' like Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and Meryl Streep. It always works in their favor and does catapult them into even bigger stardom.

Unfortunatley for Paquin her following isn't much so. In fact, her fandom is filled with Older Men from 30-40's who all foam at the mouth over her. Don't believe me? Then look at the demographic on her Yahoo groups, it's a little Jarring but shouldn't be so considering the crowd her films pander to is the adult/Alternative/Indie crowds which are older.

Also, I shouldn't have to base this argument on one pose period but I was able to accomplish that, eh? When you've supplied much more to combat it. Although, the photos I've posted after that speaks for itself. I think Paquin is a wonderfully talented woman that has a great amount of sex appeal. You may not agree but a majority of Men out there do prefer her in the X-Uniform and wasn't what this was about?

Quote:
The fact that you'd even suggest that is insipid.
The point that you made a personal slam like this only proves the validity of your profession. Individuals that work in this line of profession would have been easily able to manipulate me because of the passion for their craft. I'm not so well versed in it so it wouldn't be that difficult to do that without making insults.

The other thing about insults is that it blows all your theories and validity because you've had to resort to this low denominator. There's no need to sling insults, I've refrained from using them (contrary to my screen name), would have expected you'd do the same.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #361
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick

Quote:
BS Degree! WOW!! Now this wouldn't be the same as someone claiming something they aren't? Would it? I don't mean that as a slam but there are many that claim to be something but exhibit a personality that is anything but....

Actually there is nothing flammatory about what I wrote in regards to their Gay Following which is FANTASTIC to have. Look at how well it works for Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Diana Ross as well as actress' like Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and Meryl Streep. It always works in their favor and does catapult them into even bigger stardom.

Unfortunatley for Paquin her following isn't much so. In fact, her fandom is filled with Older Men from 30-40's who all foam at the mouth over her. Don't believe me? Then look at the demographic on her Yahoo groups, it's a little Jarring but shouldn't be so considering the crowd her films pander to is the adult/Alternative/Indie crowds which are older.

Also, I shouldn't have to base this argument on one pose period but I was able to accomplish that, eh? When you've supplied much more to combat it. Although, the photos I've posted after that speaks for itself. I think Paquin is a wonderfully talented woman that has a great amount of sex appeal. You may not agree but a majority of Men out there do prefer her in the X-Uniform and wasn't what this was about?

The point that you made a personal slam like this only proves the validity of your profession. Individuals that work in this line of profession would have been easily able to manipulate me because of the passion for their craft. I'm not so well versed in it so it wouldn't be that difficult to do that without making insults.

The other thing about insults is that it blows all your theories and validity because you've had to resort to this low denominator. There's no need to sling insults, I've refrained from using them (contrary to my screen name), would have expected you'd do the same.

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #362
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Well, IMO I rank the X girls...

1. Famke
2. Anna
3. Halle
4. Kelly
5. Rebecca

Ummm....

1. Halle Berry
2. Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (a very close competitor for No. 1 in my book)
3. Kelly Hu
4. Famke Jansen

Anna doesn't register for me because I'm a 30-something year old man and lusting for girls that young just...doesn't sit well with me.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #363
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Irisi
Excuse me while I laugh my ass off!!!!!!!!

Move over so I may join you....

Old 10-10-2005, 03:32 PM   #364
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazmarquez
I'm sorry, I rarely chime into discussions like this, and I must agree with a previous post that it doesn't matter who's more attractive because it's all relative. It depends on most people's personal opinions, and an opinion is an opinion. It cannot be proven in fact, thats the reality of it. FOX may have marketing preferences in terms of star status, and that's how they've done it. They use Halle and Hugh the most, because of their hollywood marketability. Besides that, they have done it relatively, not by sex appeal.
Actually, they were made by Focus Group choices which is all based on Bankability. Rogue, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Storm were the four front runners for all the Marketing promos. I have just about every domestic poster out there and those four are featured in all of them and those were the ones that had their own One Sheets to themselves. In the promos for X1 Storm wasn't even marketed that much only after Halle won her Oscar did FOX decide to market her, not because of her character or appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazmarquez
As for TheDevil, I respect your opinion, it is entitled and you bring some good points, but the argument has thus far been pointless. NO ONE agrees.. so let's all drop this discussion and direct the thread to it's real topic. But, please, next time you comment on sexuality issues, do not assume and do not pigeon-hole anyone with stereotypes. I, myself, have my preferences and maybe I do like Famke Janssen, but it has nothing to do with my sexuality. It has to do with her abilities as an actress and what she represents and brings to the character we love. I do not want to "be her" as you stated. I enjoy being a man. So please, have some respect, thank you.
No, I think you took it to heart because of your own feelings not something that was there. I have tons of Gay friends and yes this statement does hold water as I notice their penchant for Divas that eventually came to light.

You are the exception as there are many within those communities that are. I know this is factual or else we wouldn't have all these Drag Shows and impersonators. Yet this really isn't about this so I won't drag this into that territory. As I mentioned above it's better to have a BIG GAY following then none at all but there is a major difference in the worshipping between Paquin's Group than Famke & Halle's.

Sorry but it's true.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #365
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Ummm....

1. Halle Berry
2. Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (a very close competitor for No. 1 in my book)
3. Kelly Hu
4. Famke Jansen

Anna doesn't register for me because I'm a 30-something year old man and lusting for girls that young just...doesn't sit well with me.
Considering that you are Gay, I find it odd that you'd lust for any women???

Also, Paquin is 24 so I don't find her as Girl as much as I do a Woman. Since Female gender isn't what you find sexually inviting then I suggest you don't have a basis for your preference.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #366
Neto Magnus
Banned User

okay, STOP IT!

they ALL have nice booties (and I should know)...

Anna in Almost Famous:

Halle:

Famke:

(although, this one might be 'enhanced')

Rebecca:

to say that one actress is better looking than the other is just wrong. They're all beautiful but in their own way. Anna has got the cuteness(which I prefer) ,Halle is gorgeous, Famke has elegance and Rebecca is hot.

and as for who has the best body...well technically, Rebecca does. But lets face it Halle, Famke and Rebecca are all 'gettin' up there if you know what I mean. Anna is still young and got at least 20 more yrs of looking good. Now only if she fixed her two front teeth.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #367
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
BS Degree! WOW!! Now this wouldn't be the same as someone claiming something they aren't? Would it? I don't mean that as a slam but there are many that claim to be something but exhibit a personality that is anything but.....
No it wouldn't. I'm not into multiple personalities. If you must know, my focus in college was commercial art. Even though that's not what I do for a day-to-day living currently, it certainly doesn't discount the fact that I've invested several years in that field so therefore I am somewhat knowledgeable.

Artists are passionate...so I'm not exactly sure what kind of "personality" you're expecting me to exude. I'm "passionately" challenging your arguement. Cope with it.

Quote:
Not at all.

Actually, I am not slinging insults at your person, for I personally do not know you (despite the issues that many others apparently have with you--that is none of my business). But I am attacking your points because they are not carrying much water, and I am restricting my fire to those points. So far, I feel you are oversimplifying and generalizing a complexed process in this industry, and because I'm aware of that I am challenging your assessment. You said that Halle Berry has the body of a 12 year old boy. So IMO, you set yourself up for failure. It's called the art of debate.

You must become acquainted with me...if I was really attacking you personally you'd know it. Trust me.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #368
Lúthien

Unhappy Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

[QUOTE=TheDevil]Considering that you are Gay, I find it odd that you'd lust for any women???

QUOTE]

Ok, this is reverting back to the lowest common denominator now. The insults and insinutaions are OTT and irrelvant to the discussion. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. Opinion that differs does not make one gay.

I personally favour a Logan/Marie romance and believe that at 24, Anna is not a child but am not going to insult or make disparaging remarks about anyone who disagrees. It undermines the position I choose to take.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #369
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto Magnus
okay, STOP IT!

they ALL have nice booties (and I should know)...

Anna in Almost Famous:

Halle:

Famke:

(although, this one might be 'enhanced')

Rebecca:

to say that one actress is better looking than the other is just wrong. They're all beautiful but in their own way. Anna has got the cuteness(which I prefer) ,Halle is gorgeous, Famke has elegance and Rebecca is hot.

and as for who has the best body...well technically, Rebecca does. But lets face it Halle, Famke and Rebecca are all 'gettin' up there if you know what I mean. Anna is still young and got at least 20 more yrs of looking good. Now only if she fixed her two front teeth.
The Famke's hiney is actually touched up a bit.

I think 'Becca has an Awesome figure. I've always liked it when she was in Swimsuit issues because she had curves and wasn't rail thin skinny which is my problem with most actress' models these days.

I'm not wild about Paquin's gap either. She doesn't seem to want to fix it and I think she actually should, although Madonna was stubborn about fixing hers but I think Paquin's gap is alot bigger than Madonna's.

Anna's going to look even better by her 30's but I think she's actually prime even now. Her talent combined with her looks gives her a great advantage.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:54 PM   #370
The Storm
Side-Kick

The first thing I saw was a woman's ass! Excuse me I'll look in the mirror if I ever want to see one (well try and see in my case!!)

I did start reading this thread but my eyes went funny, some interesting comments on the ROLO factor. I for one think it would be a good idea, but I'd rather a hint than a full on making out session. Besides they do make a gorgeous couple, some great photos on the first couple of pages.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:55 PM   #371
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
No it wouldn't. I'm not into multiple personalities. If you must know, my focus in college was commercial art. Even though that's not what I do for a day-to-day living currently, it certainly doesn't discount the fact that I've invested several years in that field so therefore I am somewhat knowledgeable.

Artists are passionate...so I'm not exactly sure what kind of "personality" you're expecting me to exude. I'm "passionately" challenging your arguement. Cope with it.
Multiple personalities are very common on this board.

Actually, you haven't met the challenge because I supplied you with things that prove that a Major Studio preferences over another. As far as your profession goes, you haven't demonstrated on bit of it on these boards and not even here within this discussion. If you did then you'd have used acronyms and other intelligencia from your line of work. You'd definitely know more than me and would have exhibited as much. The only thing you've displayed is that you are angry by what I've posted and are irritated by that ergo, the persona insults.

Oh and I've seen some of your "work". It didn't look very professional or from someone that comes from this background. That's not a slam just an opinion.

Quote:
Not at all.

Actually, I am not slinging insults at your person, for I personally do not know you (despite the issues that many others apparently have with you--that is none of my business). But I am attacking your points because they are not carrying much water, and I am restricting my fire to those points. So far, I feel you are oversimplifying and generalizing a complexed process in this industry, and because I'm aware of that I am challenging your assessment. You said that Halle Berry has the body of a 12 year old boy. So IMO, you set yourself up for failure. It's called the art of debate.

You must become acquainted with me...if I was really attacking you personally you'd know it. Trust me.
You've failed to prove that Paquin looks like a little girl. Her body was used for an older woman that in itself says alot, regardless of what you may think. If Paquin had a little girls' body then there would be no use in using her photos for manips regardless of the pose.

Berry's body looks very small, weak and less curvy in her Leather than Paquin. Just a fact and it's in the Photostills, you just can't accept it and there's nothing I can do to make you accept it. She looks pretty ridiculous in it, actually.

Like the guys on this board already mentioned, they all look great but Paquin looks best in her leather'fit.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #372
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Considering that you are Gay, I find it odd that you'd lust for any women???
Oh am I now? Well, well, we are getting more presumptuous by the minute aren't we? And when did I confess this? I have over 11,000 posts for you to search, so feel free to begin searching. Or-- Could you be someone that's been obsessed with my "muscles" and has been posing on PMs to me?

If that's the case...well, let's just say I know how to play games too.

Quote:
Since Female gender isn't what you find sexually inviting then I suggest you don't have a basis for your preference.
Again, my sexuality is not on trial here. But since you apparently think you're entitled to know, I was married for several years and am currently in a long-term relationship with-- a woman. That's hardly an indication that I don't lust for the opposite sex. But even if I didn't, that has no relevance to The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

You're treading very dangerous water here TheDevil. I suggest you quit while you're ahead.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #373
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Anna doesnt look too sexy in that pic.......ew......granny panties

Old 10-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #374
TheDevil
Banned User

Quote:
Oh am I now? Well, well, we are getting more presumptuous by the minute aren't we? And when did I confess this? I have over 11,000 posts for you to search, so feel free to begin searching. Or-- Could you be someone that's been obsessed with my "muscles" and has been posing on PMs to me?

If that's the case...well, let's just say I know how to play games too.
Sorry, I'm not the "secret admirer" you assume that I am. Must be someone else, trust, not interested in "those types" at all.

Quote:
Again, my sexuality is not on trial here. But since you apparently think you're entitled to know, I was married for several years and am currently in a long-term relationship with-- a woman. That's hardly an indication that I don't lust for the opposite sex. But even if I didn't, that has no relevance to The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

You're treading very dangerous water here TheDevil. I suggest you quit while you're ahead.
Nope but you actually steered the conversation here.

Um, actually re-reading your posts.... says alot about someone. Sometimes

Old 10-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #375
JP
Smelly

=shakes head at pointlessness of this discussion=

Closed Thread