The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #1251
Son Of Logan
Weapon X

Default Re: "The ROLO Factor": Wolverine & Storm's Relationship

Well, we know from the X-Men universe that Logan's attraction to Jean has a lot to do with his suppressed memories. So I wouldn't just label it as lust.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #1252
Kira
so dramatic, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
I think Jean finds Logan attractive--he's the polar opposite of her man. But she doesn't love him. She loves Scott and she reminded him of that for two films straight.
Thank you, thank you! (although I do believe that Logan really does loves Jean)

Even though ROLO still makes me twitch a little, I like it more than Jean/Logan. So much more... So if I can avoid seeing Jean/Logan: HAIL ROLO!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #1253
monsterparty

I would rather not see Wolverine directly romantically linked to any particular main character, if not Jean. His trademark pining for Jean is most characteristic of him. I guess it depends on which incarnation of Wolverine you're using as a basis. Ultimate Wolverine, like all in that line, is sexed up and his relationship with Jean is most commonly depicted as being primarily sexual. The Logan I grew up with loved Jean in both senses.

I would say that he loved her as much as Scott did, which makes the dynamics of his affections that much more tragic. And his bond with Jean is very visceral: everytime she goes Phoenix, who's the only one willing to administer the mercy killing? I'm glad they've at least incorporated this familiar scene into the film, if the trailer is any indication.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #1254
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterparty
I would rather not see Wolverine directly romantically linked to any particular main character, if not Jean. His trademark pining for Jean is most characteristic of him. I guess it depends on which incarnation of Wolverine you're using as a basis. Ultimate Wolverine, like all in that line, is sexed up and his relationship with Jean is most commonly depicted as being primarily sexual. The Logan I grew up with loved Jean in both senses.

I would say that he loved her as much as Scott did, which makes the dynamics of his affections that much more tragic. And his bond with Jean is very visceral: everytime she goes Phoenix, who's the only one willing to administer the mercy killing? I'm glad they've at least incorporated this familiar scene into the film, if the trailer is any indication.
Yea. Its definitely not just lust, nor is it just suppressed memories in the comics. Jean is one of his true loves, its been stated again and again in the comics. Their relationship is quite complicated and I love it.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #1255
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
I think Jean finds Logan attractive--he's the polar opposite of her man. But she doesn't love him. She loves Scott and she reminded him of that for two films straight.

Logan "may be older than the Professor" but he is very, very childish and immature in his thinking. Self-centered, rash and possessive. So his attraction to Jean is 100% lust--and his presumptuous statement at the end of X1 proves that. He barely even knew Jean at that point--he had just got there.
I disagree. Even in the movies, its not just lust. It was a quick attraction, yes. So what? Its an actual relationship. And the writers have said its "central to the film".

Old 03-29-2006, 01:03 PM   #1256
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

I'd have to say that Jean/Logan's relationship is believable than well Anakin/Padme's... though I still found their's believable but I find myself caring for Jean and Logan more each day ever since I offcially became an X-men fan. And Yes, I can relate to their relationship cause I always feel attracted to someone that i like but I know she won't return the same kind of feelings that I have for her... erm yeah...

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #1257
monsterparty

I wouldn't say that Logan's love for Jean is totally unrequited. It is possible to fall in love with more than one person with equal intensity, some might argue. And this is a cruel fact when held against expectations of commitment, such as loyalty and duty. Jean did love Logan, and it could have been a lasting and permanent love had she not first loved Scott and promised herself to him.

Although it might have been a bit over the top, I thought the Phoenix: Endsong mini-series was enjoyable. In some respects, after her death, Logan is more faithful to Jean than Scott, who eventually moves on with Emma. Logan is apt to criticize Scott about the speed of his recovery.

In any case, the Logan and Jean triangle should never really come to fruition or it would be spoiled. It's more interesting if left unfulfilled. That's the quality of their love, I think. It transcends the conventional structures of romantic relationships, which I myself hold as a more honest form of the idea.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #1258
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterparty
I wouldn't say that Logan's love for Jean is totally unrequited. It is possible to fall in love with more than one person with equal intensity, some might argue. And this is a cruel fact when held against expectations of commitment, such as loyalty and duty. Jean did love Logan, and it could have been a lasting and permanent love had she not first loved Scott and promised herself to him.

Although it might have been a bit over the top, I thought the Phoenix: Endsong mini-series was enjoyable. In some respects, after her death, Logan is more faithful to Jean than Scott, who eventually moves on with Emma. Logan is apt to criticize Scott about the speed of his recovery.

In any case, the Logan and Jean triangle should never really come to fruition or it would be spoiled. It's more interesting if left unfulfilled. That's the quality of their love, I think. It transcends the conventional structures of romantic relationships, which I myself hold as a more honest form of the idea.
I dont agree that it HAS to be left dangling or it would be spoilt. But I do agree its a complex and interesting 2-way relationship. Have you read New X-men 148? The unspoken tension is awesome. They hold themselves in check even while hurtling into the sun.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #1259
LittleMissVixen
Side-Kick

...opps...sorry, I thought this was the Rolo thread. My bad...

Old 03-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #1260
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBalrog
I dont agree that it HAS to be left dangling or it would be spoilt. But I do agree its a complex and interesting 2-way relationship. Have you read New X-men 148? The unspoken tension is awesome. They hold themselves in check even while hurtling into the sun.
... Explain the last bolded part?

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #1261
XBoy
Big Will

Hey, I say bring on the action, no matter who's engaging in it!

Seriously-speaking though, the movie obviously needs some romance in there, so it's kind of like a given that we'll have some hot and heavy stuff in there. Even if it's just a small dose.

It's human nature.

http://www.topdrawers.com/underwear/...images/t1b.jpg
Old 03-29-2006, 01:54 PM   #1262
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
... Explain the last bolded part?
I mean they dont get it on.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #1263
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

no I meant the other part... about the sun.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #1264
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
no I meant the other part... about the sun.
Oh.. they're on an asteroid thats hurtling to the sun, a trap by Magneto. Long story.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #1265
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

I don't mind the long story... okay but the tension between the two...thats interesting.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #1266
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

This is what cracks me up about Jean's soposed love for Logan, if she really really woved him she would be able to drop everthing for him (ie Scott), in the movies and in the books...WHICH SHE NEVER DID, I do belive that she loves stringing him along, which in my opinion is quiet cruel.

Logan, with his messed up memories and mind, replaced Rose with Jean, and blah blah blah he did love her.
But I'm sure it had to be diffucult with her bing a wanna be Jesus-yoyo-wanna be.

But I am sick and tired of Logan having tragic dead loves, or casual flings...

I mean seriously how much would it cost the writers to just let him be happy with a fellow x-men and one of his best friends, who would follow him to hell and back. Storm is that and sooo much more.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #1267
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessreicho
This is what cracks me up about Jean's soposed love for Logan, if she really really woved him she would be able to drop everthing for him (ie Scott), in the movies and in the books...WHICH SHE NEVER DID, I do belive that she loves stringing him along, which in my opinion is quiet cruel.
How is she stringing him along? Their relationship is complicated but its not devious, there is 0 indication of that. And who said she loved him like she loved Scott? And even if she did, how could she just "drop him" like that? They were married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessreicho
Logan, with his messed up memories and mind, replaced Rose with Jean, and blah blah blah he did love her.
But I'm sure it had to be diffucult with her bing a wanna be Jesus-yoyo-wanna be.

But I am sick and tired of Logan having tragic dead loves, or casual flings...

I mean seriously how much would it cost the writers to just let him be happy with a fellow x-men and one of his best friends, who would follow him to hell and back. Storm is that and sooo much more.
a) she's not a wannabe-Jesus-yo-yo, I've never heard that term before and its well, dumb.
b) Storm would follow him to hell and back? show me one comic that indicates that. Storm has been involved with quite a few guys and girls, and she's never committed on anything approaching that level. Ever. (Kurt, Logan, Forge, Yukio, and now T'Challa)

Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #1268
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

Quote:
How is she stringing him along? Their relationship is complicated but its not devious, there is 0 indication of that. And who said she loved him like she loved Scott? And even if she did, how could she just "drop him" like that? They were married.

a) she's not a wannabe-Jesus-yo-yo, I've never heard that term before and its well, dumb.
b) Storm would follow him to hell and back? show me one comic that indicates that. Storm has been involved with quite a few guys and girls, and she's never committed on anything approaching that level. Ever. (Kurt, Logan, Forge, Yukio, and now T'Challa)
Whoa... Storm is bisexual??

Old 03-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #1269
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its been strongly hinted at.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #1270
Kira
so dramatic, baby!

Quote:

What? How? When? Damn. What else have I missed.

Sigh... I have no gaydar.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #1271
Son Of Logan
Weapon X

Quote:
Its been strongly hinted at.
So Logan thinks he can have his cake and eat it too?

Old 03-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #1272
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

wow... I never knew that about Storm but hey nothing wrong with that... erm. -swallows hard- Im Bi -shrugs- but more straight...

Old 03-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #1273
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Storm's bi in the comics or the movies?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #1274
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

in the comics... i believe.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #1275
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds
Storm's bi in the comics or the movies?
OK, she's not officially bisexual. Its just a strong hint, kind of like how Mystique and Destiny were strongly hinted to be lesbian for years.