Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #1276
DarknessOfDeath
She's a Dame to Kill for

Default Re: "The ROLO Factor": Wolverine & Storm's Relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBalrog
OK, she's not officially bisexual. Its just a strong hint, kind of like how Mystique and Destiny were strongly hinted to be lesbian for years.
Now thats more interesting mmmmm Mystique.

Get your game on, Marvel!!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #1277
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
I disagree. Even in the movies, its not just lust. It was a quick attraction, yes. So what? Its an actual relationship. And the writers have said its "central to the film".
That doesn't mean it's not lust.

"Tell her my heart belongs to someone else".

WHAT? How does your heart--your HEART mind you--belong to someone else after only a few days stay at a mansion?

Let's analyze the plausibility of this: He leaves at the end of X1 and doesn't return to the Mansion until X2. So reasonably speaking, he's only spent 1 week collectively at most in Jean's presence, if that. And you're saying, that within that span of time their relationship is more than just lust? According to the films, most of their dialogue hasn't suggested anything differently:

*"Read my mind." "I'd rather not." "C'mon, it'd be fun--You afraid you might like it?"

Or how about:

* So you couldn't wait to get my shirt off again huh?"

The above are just two of many filmed examples where Logan and Jean were merely flirting with eachother. That's all it ever was--no roots. Logan does not "love" her--he's attracted to her in a primal way--and it stops there. She's the wife/fiancee of a "Dork", therefore she's a challenge to him. And Jean knows that.

Their movie "relationship" is something that could've been cooked in a Easy-Bake oven.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #1278
weatherwitch
Side-Kick

Holy crap, people. This is, a RoLo thread--so c'mon, create a Jean/Logan thread if you feel the need; Or a Logan/Mariko thread or a Logan/Viper thread or a Logan/Rose thread or a Logan/Itsu thread--I think you're getting the point.

And for those that want to compare and contrast about Storm/Jean, please know both characters. Yes, Ororo would go to hell and back for Logan. She was the person who brought him back from the edge after Mariko's death. It is her he takes to his cabin in Canada. It is they who have alternate timeline children together, it is them that embrace before going into battle. "It's as good a day as any t' die, 'Ro." "And with no better friend to do it with." Big frikkin' kiss.

If I hear one more time that Jean was on Logan's list of true loves I may gag. Yeah, he loves her--but she is not the be all end all of love for him. Hell, we just learned about yet another past "Great True Love" in the Wolverine comic, so give over. Jean is not it for him. She is for Scott.

Moving onto RoLo.

X3 is a great set up for future RoLo--or any comic based in movie verse--which may be the route Marvel takes. I would read it.

As for Storm being bi--read X-Treme X-Men (40?41?). Her and Callisto make a joke of that assumption. Storm believes that LOVE is not gender specific. Which, hell it isn't. Does that make her bi? Yes. No. Maybe. Who the *bleep* cares.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #1279
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
How is she stringing him along? Their relationship is complicated but its not devious, there is 0 indication of that. And who said she loved him like she loved Scott? And even if she did, how could she just "drop him" like that? They were married.
Jean can read minds...and as an intelligent woman, she should be adept at reading body language and emotions--even without telepathy. She knows Logan's intentions are more than just friends.

If she wasn't "stringing him along" she'd avoid Logan like the plague. Instead, she continuously put herself in situations that frustrated him, and put her in an awkward position with Scott. Even Storm picked up on it (see the deleted X-Jet scene in X2).

Married or not, she's a flirt in the movies.

Quote:
a) she's not a wannabe-Jesus-yo-yo, I've never heard that term before and its well, dumb.
b) Storm would follow him to hell and back? show me one comic that indicates that.
I've got plenty. And some of them are actually posted in this thread; check it out.

Quote:
Storm has been involved with quite a few guys and girls, and she's never committed on anything approaching that level. Ever. (Kurt, Logan, Forge, Yukio, and now T'Challa)
Storm has never been involved with a female. Ever. Fan fiction is an entirely different matter than the actual source material.

And she was committed to marrying Forge (until he went loco)...and now she's getting married to T'Challa.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #1280
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

from storm thread...

Old 03-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #1281
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherwitch
Holy crap, people. This is, a RoLo thread--so c'mon, create a Jean/Logan thread if you feel the need; Or a Logan/Mariko thread or a Logan/Viper thread or a Logan/Rose thread or a Logan/Itsu thread--I think you're getting the point.

And for those that want to compare and contrast about Storm/Jean, please know both characters. Yes, Ororo would go to hell and back for Logan. She was the person who brought him back from the edge after Mariko's death. It is her he takes to his cabin in Canada. It is they who have alternate timeline children together, it is them that embrace before going into battle. "It's as good a day as any t' die, 'Ro." "And with no better friend to do it with." Big frikkin' kiss.

If I hear one more time that Jean was on Logan's list of true loves I may gag. Yeah, he loves her--but she is not the be all end all of love for him. Hell, we just learned about yet another past "Great True Love" in the Wolverine comic, so give over. Jean is not it for him. She is for Scott.

Moving onto RoLo.

X3 is a great set up for future RoLo--or any comic based in movie verse--which may be the route Marvel takes. I would read it.

As for Storm being bi--read X-Treme X-Men (40?41?). Her and Callisto make a joke of that assumption. Storm believes that LOVE is not gender specific. Which, hell it isn't. Does that make her bi? Yes. No. Maybe. Who the *bleep* cares.
Indeed.

There is no other X-female that Logan would literally travel the planet for right now, other than Storm. And I mean that--he's attached to her in friendship much deeper now than it was with Jean when she was alive.

* It was Logan who stayed behind and nursed her back to health in the Schism series.

* It was Logan who talked sense into her regarding her relationship with Emma Frost

* It is Logan who is always serving on Storm's team--even when her philosophies clash with the Professor's

* It is Logan who, even now, is stalking (yes, stalking) Storm while she's on her sabbatical in Africa.

* It is Logan who is has issues with T'Challa and is struggling with his attraction to Storm.

And these are just a few examples of Logan's attachment to Storm. He will not leave her alone--even when she demands to be. The love between those two has endured for decades now, from the days where Logan coldly referred to her as a "broad", to now, where they are inseparable. And it's blatantly obvious that Storm cares for him just as deeply--in fact, when he cornered her about T'Challa, she even denied her attraction to the King in a recent BP issue.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #1282
LEX
No justice; just us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2
from storm thread...
Never show your work to heart-diseased elders.

Seizure alert. *pants*

I kid. Great work.

- Mort
Old 03-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #1283
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Trying to remain on topic while talking about logan/jean, this is one of the reasons i hope there is some sort of rolo relationship.

Some of you Logan/Jean shippers like to make it look like Jean loves Logan A great deal. IMO, this hasnt been the case. You really cant entertain a logan/jean relationship, because she's scott's. Always has been, always will be. When she came back to life in the comics and found out scott was already married, did she jump into a relationship with logan? How about when scott was believed dead. Instead of moving on to logan, she and cable looked for scott's esscence. Jean may love logan on some level, but he'll nver be scott. I find that most people like logan/jean because they either hate scott or mistake lust for love. Thats just me though.

But, this is why i hope logan and storm hook up. They're both warriors at heart. When done right, they have a great friendship. IMO, Logan could have a deeper bond with ororo than jean, if the comics didnt decide to continually rehash things so that logan never gets over jean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
Old 03-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #1284
YAVANNA
i think too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
Indeed.

There is no other X-female that Logan would literally travel the planet for right now, other than Storm. And I mean that--he's attached to her in friendship much deeper now than it was with Jean when she was alive.

* It was Logan who stayed behind and nursed her back to health in the Schism series.

* It was Logan who talked sense into her regarding her relationship with Emma Frost

* It is Logan who is always serving on Storm's team--even when her philosophies clash with the Professor's

* It is Logan who, even now, is stalking (yes, stalking) Storm while she's on her sabbatical in Africa.

* It is Logan who is has issues with T'Challa and is struggling with his attraction to Storm.

And these are just a few examples of Logan's attachment to Storm. He will not leave her alone--even when she demands to be. The love between those two has endured for decades now, from the days where Logan coldly referred to her as a "broad", to now, where they are inseparable. And it's blatantly obvious that Storm cares for him just as deeply--in fact, when he cornered her about T'Challa, she even denied her attraction to the King in a recent BP issue.

I will contribute:

In the first comics (mohawk storm) when she first didn't want to be team leader he convinced her only after she asked him to stay with her " 'till the end" and he answered that he'd be with her 'till the end and we got prove he did in "days of future past"

And does someone remember the fight with gambit that jubes was watching from above?......

Old 03-29-2006, 08:19 PM   #1285
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Wink Re: "The ROLO Factor": Wolverine & Storm's Relationship

Quote:
Indeed.

Wow, words like these are euphonic to my ears. I dedicate this to all those non-belivers out there. This is seriously gonna to make me reconisder not posting on Hudlin's site, I might just quote you there too

Old 03-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #1286
YAVANNA
i think too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessreicho
Wow, words like these are euphonic to my ears. I dedicate this to all those non-belivers out there. This is seriously gonna to make me reconisder not posting on Hudlin's site, I might just quote you there too

Do it. Maybe that way he'd understand his readers...

Old 03-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #1287
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

Quote:
Its been strongly hinted at.
not really that yukio thing wasnt much. ms. munroe is straight

Old 03-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #1288
Son Of Logan
Weapon X

Quote:
That doesn't mean it's not lust.

"Tell her my heart belongs to someone else".

WHAT? How does your heart--your HEART mind you--belong to someone else after only a few days stay at a mansion?
That's just Logan's pimp game.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #1289
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Wannabe Pimp more like. I love ROLO so much. But Movieverse Logan after savin Rogue acts a bit selfish. He was so mean to nightcrawler (I felt sorry 4 the blue dude) I don't think Logan loves Jean he lusts after her or just loves to chase.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #1290
Son Of Logan
Weapon X

Perhaps Logans desire to chase women he can't have is somehow related to his supression of his feral instincts?

Old 04-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #1291
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Yah I agree. Wild animals love to chase. But wheneva he is with Storm he gets all mushy.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #1292
YAVANNA
i think too much...

then, he has been chased

Old 04-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #1293
Darkie
~Burn Emma Burn!!!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2
from storm thread...
friggin' awsome!

"I know everybody's worried about me, Hank. Everybody thinks the Phoenix Force is turning me into some kind of cosmic destroyer, but it's not like that. I have trouble with the rushes, but I'm okay, really."

Old 04-02-2006, 01:42 AM   #1294
Pari_Nicole

Excellent post and thread!! I have loved RoLo forever, and even made a site dedicated just to stories about them JUST CLICK THE BANNER BELOW!!

Last edited by Pari_Nicole; 04-02-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:32 AM   #1295
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

You made a ROLO website?

Old 04-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #1296
weatherwitch
Side-Kick

^ A really great fanfic site.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #1297
Pari_Nicole