The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
Centurion
Side-Kick

Default im sorry i cant find the thread. What happened to Nightcrawler?

please and thank you.

Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: im sorry i cant find the thread. What happened to Nightcrawler?

Nothing is said of Nightcrawler's absence in the film. They do not address the issue. You have to buy X-Men: The Official Game to find out what happens to him. He decides to leave the X-Men because it entails a life of violence that he does not want to be a part of.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
MaleRogue
Side-Kick

ridiculous.....
Jeez so pointless, they had to say it in the movie to in my opinion.

X5: X-Men Mutant Chaos.
MaleRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Neptune
Uchiha!

Same thing that happened to Cyclops. He got Foxed.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
batboy99
BTVS

well the reason nightcrawler wasnt in x3 was cuz allan cumming said the make up was too much and he didnt want to do it together

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99
well the reason nightcrawler wasnt in x3 was cuz allan cumming said the make up was too much and he didnt want to do it together
Wouldn't have mattered if he wanted to or not. He was under contract. If Fox wanted him back, he would have had to have done it.

They didn't bring him back, because like Gambit, and Cyclops apparently, they weren't creative enough to find a purpose for him in the film, so they just didn't include him.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Initially, it bothered me when Nightcrawler was not going to be in X3. His religious nature and bizarre appearance would have given him a strong stance on the idea of a cure, the notion of Jean's 'resurrection' and descent into 'evil' and also the contrast of a demon with an Angel.

But it would have meant a lot of blue mutants in the movie, and in X2 he is very much a 'guest mutant' whose powerful fighting happens only under mind-control. He is otherwise a peace-loving and fairly solitary guy who is happy to survive by means of faith. He never seeemed like he would join a fighting force. If X3 had begun referencing a character/event from a movie three years previously, it could ask more questions than it answered. The assumption is simply that he was caught up in events, and moved on when those events reached a conclusion.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
Storm22
Side-Kick

Nightcrawler was too good a character in X2, he should have been in X3 and should be in future movies!

Old 12-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22
Nightcrawler was too good a character in X2, he should have been in X3 and should be in future movies!
It would be logical for him to return now that the events of X3 have seemingly created a more peaceful world again, with Magneto and Phoenix out of the picture. Maybe he calls at the X-Men mansion on a visit when his circus is in town, or something like that. Somehow I couldn't see him joining the X-Men team - it's just the way the character was set up.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:34 AM   #10
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
Initially, it bothered me when Nightcrawler was not going to be in X3. His religious nature and bizarre appearance would have given him a strong stance on the idea of a cure, the notion of Jean's 'resurrection' and descent into 'evil' and also the contrast of a demon with an Angel.

But it would have meant a lot of blue mutants in the movie, and in X2 he is very much a 'guest mutant' whose powerful fighting happens only under mind-control. He is otherwise a peace-loving and fairly solitary guy who is happy to survive by means of faith. He never seeemed like he would join a fighting force. If X3 had begun referencing a character/event from a movie three years previously, it could ask more questions than it answered. The assumption is simply that he was caught up in events, and moved on when those events reached a conclusion.
His conflicted emotions concerning the "war" could be just as pivitol as his stance on the cure. A man of peace, caught up in a cause that he believes in... perhaps after Xavier's death, he may be torn between his pacifist nature, and what he feels he owes to Xavier. Him joining the X-Men for the final battle, alongside Iceman, Kitty Pryde, and Colossus (and I still think Angel should have joined the team here also) could have been very powerful.

In the end, yes, Nightcrawler was an "expendable" character, and his abscence can be justified through logic. But his abscence is still the wrong decision.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 AM   #11
November Rain
Single Mother

he never joined the x-men in the first place, he was just a random mutant, i wouldn't see what the x-men would have to offer him unless he became a teacher like the others, it's quite clear he didn't need any training, he was quite formidable already.

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 AM   #12
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune
Same thing that happened to Cyclops. He got Foxed.

Dope Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:43 AM   #13
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

X3 already didn't have money to make Phoenix rising, or Phoenix effects. Including Nightcrawler would even further the cost of the movie, which is already one of the most expensive movies of all time...
If with such a high budget we still geet cheap flying scenes and a Colossus who looks made of water, I imagine Nightcrawler's effect would look like one of those 70's series, in which the effcet is made with simple cuts. lol at the thought of this...

Last edited by flavio_lebeau; 12-20-2006 at 06:47 AM.
flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #14
Storm22
Side-Kick

The flying was on par with X1 and X2 and imo was fine. It would have looked odd if suddenly X3 had too much flying and the flying characters were CG-ed a la Superman Returns. The only problem I have with the flying in X3 is Famke, she was practically limp on the wires and just stood there instead of striking some sort of pose when flying (like the one she does in the poster!) I like the bit where she rises and has a menacing pose demolecularising the soldiers but once she levitates across Alcartaz she looks a bit like Mary Poppins. Other than that I'm happy with the flying/levitating (Storm was the only one that actually "flew") we got in X3.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:17 AM   #15
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
The flying was on par with X1 and X2 and imo was fine. It would have looked odd if suddenly X3 had too much flying and the flying characters were CG-ed a la Superman Returns. The only problem I have with the flying in X3 is Famke, she was practically limp on the wires and just stood there instead of striking some sort of pose when flying (like the one she does in the poster!) I like the bit where she rises and has a menacing pose demolecularising the soldiers but once she levitates across Alcartaz she looks a bit like Mary Poppins. Other than that I'm happy with the flying/levitating (Storm was the only one that actually "flew") we got in X3.
Famke's flight is indeed terrible. Halle not so much. Ian, whie not terrible, is worse than his flight in X2. I just hate bending legs. I wouldn't like cg characters, but the flying scenes are still far from great. As I said, X2 has only 1 flying scene and it's perfect imo. X1 has terrible flight too.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #16
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio_lebeau
Famke's flight is indeed terrible. Halle not so much. Ian, whie not terrible, is worse than his flight in X2. I just hate bending legs. I wouldn't like cg characters, but the flying scenes are still far from great. As I said, X2 has only 1 flying scene and it's perfect imo. X1 has terrible flight too.
I disagree. Magneto's levitation in X1 was excellent, very elegant and graceful. As it always is. In X3, I love his levitation, especially when he lands on the bridge. It has the majesty and elegance of Magneto all over it.

The only bad flight in these movies was Famke zipping about on Alcatraz. When she rises to face the soldiers it's fine. When she then flies around, she looks odd.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #17
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
I disagree. Magneto's levitation in X1 was excellent, very elegant and graceful. As it always is. In X3, I love his levitation, especially when he lands on the bridge. It has the majesty and elegance of Magneto all over it.

The only bad flight in these movies was Famke zipping about on Alcatraz. When she rises to face the soldiers it's fine. When she then flies around, she looks odd.
funny because I think the opposite. I hate when she lifts, but like she she actually kinda poses and gloriously flies destroying the lights.

I must remember that I love when Magneto hovers through the Statue in X1. (had fforgotten about it) And Halle's flight looks good in X3. Except for when she lifts before Callisto gets her. She has no waist, because of the cables, and there's no wind in her flight scenes, her cape doesn't flap.

But do you really think X1 Storm flying was good? Or Magneto in the train? I don't think so.

Last edited by flavio_lebeau; 12-20-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:22 AM   #18
Storm22
Side-Kick

I also disagree flavio, I think you're being too analytical, I think Magneto's levitation in X3 is probably the best of the trilogy. His bent leg is a typical Magneto regal type pose imo, it's showing how effortless levitating is for Magneto playing up to his elegant/arrogant nature.

As for Storm taking off in Alcatraz, I thought that looked cool and dramatic with the wind howling around her. What do you mean she has no waist? Her cape was flapping a bit but I agree when Callisto jumped her it should have been flapping but it wasn't.

Bending legs is a natural and often deliberate pose when flying (ha, not speaking from experience here, although I wish I was!) If you look at the cartoons you'll see Storm often flew with her leg slightly bent, as did Magneto. The flying in X1 wasn't the best, Storm's levitation up the lift shaft could have been better, but it wasn't distractingly bad either.

Last edited by Storm22; 12-20-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Storm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:35 AM   #19
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
I also disagree flavio, I think you're being to analytical, I think Magneto's levitation in X3 is probably the best of the trilogy. His bent leg is a typical Magneto regal type pose imo, it's showing how effortless levitating is for Magneto playing up to his elegant/arrogant nature.

As for Storm taking off in Alcatraz, I thought that looked cool and dramatic with the wind howling around her. What do you mean she has no waist? Her cape was flapping a bit but I agree when Callisto jumped her it should have been flapping but it wasn't.

Bending legs is a natural and often deliberate pose when flying (ha, not speaking from experience here, although I wish I was!) If you look at the cartoons you'll see Storm often flew with her leg slightly bent, as did Magneto. The flying in X1 wasn't the best, Storm's levitation up the lift shaft could have been better, but it wasn't distractingly bad either.
it might be over analysis. But it's what I think.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #20
Storm22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio_lebeau
it might be over analysis. But it's what I think.
Oh yeah, I know, no offense intended. God I wish I could fly!! I agree with ya though I love Magneto levitating in Dark Cerebro in X2, very cool!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #21
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yeah, I know, no offense intended. God I wish I could fly!! I agree with ya though I love Magneto levitating in Dark Cerebro in X2, very cool!
Oh, I've pictured myself flying sometimes too. Especially when I'm walking under the huge Brazilian sun

Old 12-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #22
kooguy911
Side-Kick

it seems like alot of characters didnt get much screen time in X3 because of the overload of characters. There can only be so much in a 2 hour film... wait nvm lets all remember how god damn short this movie actually was, an hour and a half. Theres an entire 30 more minutes that COULD have been devoted to characters like cyclops or rouge. And Alan Cumming i believe was not under a 2 film contract, and he opted not to be in X3. Thats the real reason why he isnt in. (and hugh jackman was probably relieved because i heard some rumors that Cumming is gay and tried to flirt with hugh a few times on the set of X2, and a few times even grabbed his crotch... no joke)

kooguy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #23
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooguy911
it seems like alot of characters didnt get much screen time in X3 because of the overload of characters. There can only be so much in a 2 hour film... wait nvm lets all remember how god damn short this movie actually was, an hour and a half. Theres an entire 30 more minutes that COULD have been devoted to characters like cyclops or rouge. And Alan Cumming i believe was not under a 2 film contract, and he opted not to be in X3. Thats the real reason why he isnt in. (and hugh jackman was probably relieved because i heard some rumors that Cumming is gay and tried to flirt with hugh a few times on the set of X2, and a few times even grabbed his crotch... no joke)
You have to remember that a movie called X-MEN, based as it is on a comicbook featuring a huge number of characters, is going to feature a lot of characters. Many more than in a Batman or Spider-Man or Superman movie.

Some of these characters won't get huge screentime or development, some don't need it, some don't deserve it. Some of them shouldn't have had more though...

Also, what you said about Cumming was a little unfair. He is gay, or bi, depending on which reports you read; and he did apparently flirt with Hugh but it was only playful and light-hearted and I'm sure Hugh Jackman - being in showbiz and having actually played the part of a gay dancer - is very comfortable with gay people and didn't run off screaming and filing lawsuits. This IS Hollywood, it's full of gay people.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #24
kooguy911
Side-Kick

ok i know what u mean but if some guy grabbed my penis... i might be like hey dont do that... and then he grabs it several more times it would seem kind of akward

kooguy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #25
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooguy911
ok i know what u mean but if some guy grabbed my penis... i might be like hey dont do that... and then he grabs it several more times it would seem kind of akward
Yes, of course, it must be true, that must be what happened. Alan Cumming ran round on set grabbing penises. Maybe he teleported after grabbing each one so he could get away faster.

Could you ask for some commonsense for Christmas? Or maybe ask the little green men under your bed to get some for you.

These sorts of silly messages with silly rumours just are not welcome here.