The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: What Will Cyclops' Fate Be In X3?
Dies At Alkali Lake 280 49.73%
Never Faces A Life-Threatening Situation 14 2.49%
Supposedly Dies Early But Returns In The Final Battle 223 39.61%
Dies In The Final Battle 18 3.20%
Goes On Sabbatical (after Alkali Lake) 28 4.97%
Voters: 563. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #26551
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb
Oneteen, I've noticed your signature

"James Marsden: His feelings for Jean is really what drives a lot of his character. I would have welcomed any more scenes and things to get into our relationship more. It's a bit of a mystery when you look back at the first two."

This means that their relationship wasn't developed well, a big reality, don't you think?
Yeah, I know. I sorta even feel bad for him saying that because damn Fox wouldn't give him a chance in X3. I mean X2 had so much built up for a big love story with him and Jean and all that the writers did was have him killed early in the movie and not mourned for.

James Marsden: His feelings for Jean is really what drives a lot of his character. I would have welcomed any more scenes and things to get into our relationship more. It's a bit of a mystery when you look back at the first two.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #26552
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

same applies to Famke

Old 06-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #26553
Bishop2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneteen
^Good point.

Something I found:
That's awesome, but uh... you mean to tell me the ROCK they stood on was CGI? When pointless special effects ATTACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager X
may i have that as an avatar?
Not very easy to do in 50x50, but here's what I could come up with...

Tiny.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 PM   #26554
LEX
No justice; just us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneteen
^Good point.

Something I found:
Nice find.

- Mort
Old 06-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #26555
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Thank you. Those are caps I took from a video from MTV. It's a segment called 'Making of the Movie: XMTLS'. After watching that 3 sec clip (yes it's only shown for around 3-5 secs.) I think it's a reshoot or a shot before the reshoot because Jimmy's shoes are grayish white and in the movie they are brown. And in the movie when they hug, Jean smiles and from that cap she doesn't. There's some more behind the scenes footage as well.

Link:
http://www.mtv.com/movies/movie/241375/moviemain.jhtml
Click on 'Watch Videos' and Overdrive should pop up after you click one of the Unknowns and look for a the title 'Third times a charm...'

James Marsden: His feelings for Jean is really what drives a lot of his character. I would have welcomed any more scenes and things to get into our relationship more. It's a bit of a mystery when you look back at the first two.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #26556
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
That's awesome, but uh... you mean to tell me the ROCK they stood on was CGI? When pointless special effects ATTACK!
Yeah I thought of that too...weird. I guess the actual rock was to small for cameras to be on.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:56 AM   #26557
Redeye_Marine

Um, question who's the guy in the red suit in the bottom of the first frame? He looks like he's wearing one of those suits that doesn't show up on camera, so they can add special effects or CGI later. I really hope it's not Jimmy's stunt double to be used to film Cyclops's death. Either that or it's Deadpool, I'm confused.

Last edited by Redeye_Marine; 06-18-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #26558
WorthyStevens
Green Man

I think it's just the lighting guy.

"OFF TO WORK"

- T (TOBIAS)
Old 06-18-2006, 01:02 AM   #26559
Bishop2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981
Thanks for that. I'm listening to the Q&A now, and you know what? They are COMPLETELY contradicting what Zak Penn said over at XVerse. Over there, he said very directly that Fox dictated that Cyclops be killed off. Now, according to them in this Q&A... when someone asks if Fox dictated that, they said NO, THEY were the ones who suggested that he be killed off because they thought it was "interesting," or at least more interesting than simply putting him into a coma or something. They loved the idea that Scott would be the FIRST person Jean kills right after she rises.

They're morons.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #26560
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Now that's some crap.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:15 AM   #26561
bexta89
Side-Kick

oneteen, where's the quote in your sig from?

Old 06-18-2006, 01:25 AM   #26562
jusblaze21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks for that. I'm listening to the Q&A now, and you know what? They are COMPLETELY contradicting what Zak Penn said over at XVerse. Over there, he said very directly that Fox dictated that Cyclops be killed off. Now, according to them in this Q&A... when someone asks if Fox dictated that, they said NO, THEY were the ones who suggested that he be killed off because they thought it was "interesting," or at least more interesting than simply putting him into a coma or something. They loved the idea that Scott would be the FIRST person Jean kills right after she rises.

They're morons.
Well somebody's lieing.

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, But what I hate I do. Romans 7:15

C2: Cyclops Fans united - (2006)
Old 06-18-2006, 01:32 AM   #26563
Redeye_Marine

Quote:

They're morons.
Boggles the mind really. That these crazy knuckleheads actually thought Cyclops fans would truly enjoy Cyclops's role in this movie. WTF, crazy troll logic are they using to justify this trash?!?!?

I remember reading Wizard two years ago, where Avi Arad stated that Cyclops's role would either be greatly reduced or not in the movie at all. So they could fit in more mutants. This was before there was a scrip and Singer was still with Fox. If I remember correctly he also went on about how the next movie wouldn't be concentrating on the Phoenix storyline either infact it would be a sub plot so other stories could be told. Again this was before the scrip was released on the net. Don't quote me on any of this, because like I said it's been two years. I need to find the magazine and I'll post the complete article.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:35 AM   #26564
Bishop2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusblaze21
Well somebody's lieing.
Zak Penn is lying, because he's saying totally different things in each situation!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:38 AM   #26565
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexta89
oneteen, where's the quote in your sig from?
http://radiofree.com/profiles/famke_...erview02.shtml

Old 06-18-2006, 01:45 AM   #26566
bexta89
Side-Kick

^ thanks oneteen.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:48 AM   #26567
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Welcome.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:49 AM   #26568
jusblaze21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Zak Penn is lying, because he's saying totally different things in each situation!
That's what I get for reading too fast. And I can't believe they thought it would be a good idea or interesting for Scott to be the first person Jean kills.

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, But what I hate I do. Romans 7:15

C2: Cyclops Fans united - (2006)
Old 06-18-2006, 02:24 AM   #26569
Redeye_Marine

I wasn't able to find the article yet, however I did find something you people might find interesting. It's taken from a Q&A with David Hayter one of the writers for X2 and X-men, and of course the voice of Solid Snake.

When you were writing "X-Men," were there any charaters that you really wanted to include?

DH: Part of the reason I was able to do what I did on the movie was because I was a big fan of the comic books. I had read X-Men since I was a little boy when we were kids we used to play X-Men and I would play Cyclops so it was kind of my private mandate to make sure that Cyclops didn't get shoved to the background. I think I really focused on that love triangle between he and Jean and Wolverine.

There you have it, this was the guy we needed in our corner. I hope Penn and Kinberg are happy they raped mine and David Hayter's childhood. I too played as Cyclops as a kid.

Last edited by Redeye_Marine; 06-18-2006 at 02:34 AM.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:15 AM   #26570
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick

Quote:
They loved the idea that Scott would be the FIRST person Jean kills right after she rises.

They're morons.
Surprised? They loved the idea of adding the cure because with only the Phoenix they'll "run out of story" for crying out loud.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #26571
pedro parkero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye_Marine
I wasn't able to find the article yet, however I did find something you people might find interesting. It's taken from a Q&A with David Hayter one of the writers for X2 and X-men, and of course the voice of Solid Snake.

When you were writing "X-Men," were there any charaters that you really wanted to include?

DH: Part of the reason I was able to do what I did on the movie was because I was a big fan of the comic books. I had read X-Men since I was a little boy when we were kids we used to play X-Men and I would play Cyclops so it was kind of my private mandate to make sure that Cyclops didn't get shoved to the background. I think I really focused on that love triangle between he and Jean and Wolverine.

There you have it, this was the guy we needed in our corner. I hope Penn and Kinberg are happy they raped mine and David Hayter's childhood. I too played as Cyclops as a kid.
Yeah. I also played Cyke as a kid. It's nice to be able to blast things away effortlessly...

[Spider-Man novelization]
Old 06-18-2006, 08:33 AM   #26572
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Just saw the movie, can't believe that I can remember nothing but those ten minutes with Scott in it.........Is Marsden too great or just because the rest of the movie s**ks

Old 06-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #26573
Pizzaboy1138
The Queen's Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang
Is Marsden too great or just because the rest of the movie s**ks
Both.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #26574
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye_Marine

Hayter has more talent than those two idiots combined. Not that that is saying much.

He's also a better actor than 95% of the cast.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #26575
x3xCyclopsx3x
Side-Kick

Closed Thread