The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: What Will Cyclops' Fate Be In X3?
Dies At Alkali Lake 280 49.73%
Never Faces A Life-Threatening Situation 14 2.49%
Supposedly Dies Early But Returns In The Final Battle 223 39.61%
Dies In The Final Battle 18 3.20%
Goes On Sabbatical (after Alkali Lake) 28 4.97%
Voters: 563. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #1301
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,159
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

The thing is this: Judging from the teaser and the some of set reports, there's a lack of Marsden action going on.

I prefer my theory that Cyclops gets into a coma, but is linked to the Phoenix. OR, he goes AWOL and then comes back in the end. OR, gets killed but gets brought back to life by Phoenix.

Either way, I have a feeling that he won't have a lot of screentime in the movie. Just a theory.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #1302
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 892
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

True, I just have that general feeling, one way or another, he's featured in the ending when the good Jean comes back.

__________________
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - 2011 Baby!!
StevieNicks1988 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:02 AM   #1303
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,159
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

People are talking about that funeral right?

It makes sense if it's Xavier's funeral. It gives a reason for Beast and Moria (and other old friends) to be there. It shows the history of Xaiver, and the people he knew.

Obviously, if Xavier had a funeral, then Cyclops would have one too. But I only heard of one funeral, so perhaps Cyclops is still alive (i hope)

But let's say Cyclops died and there's no funeral or service (even if there's no body). Wouldn't that p#ss you off?

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:05 AM   #1304
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 892
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Thats why I think he's still alive, just somewhere else. Because they would likely mention him as well at the funeral. Of course, its a possibility the funeral IS for the both of them, but I doubt it.

__________________
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - 2011 Baby!!
StevieNicks1988 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #1305
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,159
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

It'll be overkill (no pun intended) to have two characters die and combine the funeral service. I dont' know about that...

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:07 AM   #1306
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,760
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicks1988
There is really no proof what-so-ever that he dies, except for the old script, which isn't concrete evidence like most people think it is. Do they show ANYTHING that says Cyke dies? No. Do they show all of the X-Men present at Jean's home neighborhood to prove Scott isn't there? No, all they show is Storm and 3 Brotherhood members. What about the giant ending battle sequence, any indication Scott is not present? No, besides Beast, no other X-Men were shown. He could VERY WELL be in those scenes OR return to save Jean at the ending of the movie. We all know why Jean goes psycho, because of Prof X and the mental blocks, which is likely how she ends up with Magneto, a little brainwashing here and there. Also, the her and Wolvy crying scene could just be her reaction from being dead to being back alive again.
Sorry but AICN has a very good track record on this stuff. As I mentioned, they called the Absorbing Dad thing, in the Hulk and people kept denying it. They called the power loss plot in SM2 and people kept denying it. They called the changing of Dr. Doom origin in FF and people kept denying it.

Scott is gonna die, and you saw exactly how in the trailer. He's going to go out like a punk, and they're going to kill Xavier to boot. This is how much the studio cares about Marvel Characters. They were so greedy that they pushed Singer out the door, along with all his writers, and punished Marsden for taking a role in SR.

Fox blew this one, and like I said those two decisions to kill off these characters is going to outweigh the cool stuff that looks to be in this film.

Tony Stark is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 AM   #1307
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 892
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Where's the proof, then? A 6 day rough draft script is not proof, it's a DRAFt for a reason. The script is re-worked and changed and re-written all through-out production. Practically ANYTHING could have been changed and they very well could've taken out the death after the backlash, or just decided to do whatever, like when Bryan Singer decided WHILE FILMING to kill off Jean Grey at the end of the movie to set up a potential Phoenix storyline.

__________________
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - 2011 Baby!!
StevieNicks1988 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 AM   #1308
Yellow Cyclone
Pessimist
 
Yellow Cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 882
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark
Sorry but AICN has a very good track record on this stuff. As I mentioned, they called the Absorbing Dad thing, in the Hulk and people kept denying it. They called the power loss plot in SM2 and people kept denying it. They called the changing of Dr. Doom origin in FF and people kept denying it.

Scott is gonna die, and you saw exactly how in the trailer. He's going to go out like a punk, and they're going to kill Xavier to boot. This is how much the studio cares about Marvel Characters. They were so greedy that they pushed Singer out the door, along with all his writers, and punished Marsden for taking a role in SR.

Fox blew this one, and like I said those two decisions to kill off these characters is going to outweigh the cool stuff that looks to be in this film.
i fear that this is so true

__________________
Grossman takes the snap, steps back. Looks left, looks right, nobody is open! OH HELL HE'S JUST GOING TO THROW DEEP!
Yellow Cyclone is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 AM   #1309
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 892
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

I still won't believe it till I see it, especially coming from a rough draft and the fact a lot of stuff in the past 2 X-films were changed or re-written in the script while filming. Especially the fact Marsden was on set 2 weeks. There ain't no damn way he was on set filming for two weeks doing one scene. Not with their tight schedule.

__________________
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - 2011 Baby!!
StevieNicks1988 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:16 AM   #1310
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,760
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicks1988
Where's the proof, then? A 6 day rough draft script is not proof, it's a DRAFt for a reason. The script is re-worked and changed and re-written all through-out production. Practically ANYTHING could have been changed and they very well could've taken out the death after the backlash, or just decided to do whatever, like when Bryan Singer decided WHILE FILMING to kill off Jean Grey at the end of the movie to set up a potential Phoenix storyline.

It's called preponderance of evidence. Other than the Alkali Lake scene, name one photo or clip or any other scene that has Cyke in it.

Tony Stark is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:19 AM   #1311
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 892
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Other than whats seen in the trailer, name any other scene in the film of importance thats actually IN the movie that deals with Angel and Leech. For that matter, just the fact that Marsden was on set AND filming for two weeks sheds the fact that Alkali Lake is his only big scene, as McKellen did ALL his scenes in a little over 2 weeks, so bah. This arguement is pointless, as none of us have the ACTUAL UPDATED script they are using for filming, so whats the point? Cyke could die like in the draft, it could've been updated and changed since then and he could get injured and come back at the end, who the hell knows? The people making the film. The teaser doesn't show enough. It just teases.

__________________
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - 2011 Baby!!

Last edited by StevieNicks1988; 12-06-2005 at 02:26 AM.
StevieNicks1988 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:33 AM   #1312
galahadwriter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Cyclops dies.

here's why i think so. go to the official site. look at the character banners.

most of them are clearly publicity shots, the actor, or actress, is looking at the camera and in character.

look at cyclops. he's not facing the camera. he's looking down. is it hard to think that's a shot taken from the film, then professionally photoshopped so it appears to match the other character banners? that's how it seems to me anyway.

granted, Prof X isn't looking at the camera either. funny considering those are the two rumored to go. and in the "funeral" or "memorial" scene, Storm is dropping two white roses.

ugh, i hate it. i want to like the movie, but why kill off major characters. especially after cyclops wasn't used nearly enough in X2, i had hoped he'd get much more to do in a movie using Phoenix among other plots. 'hope i'm wrong in May 06.

 
Old 12-06-2005, 02:37 AM   #1313
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 892
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

As I said in another thread, if he DOES go, I'd rather him go in a way that'll affect the storyline and progress it forward so his death was that of an importance to the film, than have nothing to do AGAIN and p*ssyfoot around.

__________________
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - 2011 Baby!!
StevieNicks1988 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 03:12 AM   #1314
Minisinoo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 264
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Stevie -- You're simply repeating your opinion. It's not convincing. You keep challenging people to produce proof that he dies and say the AICN script doesn't count. But what you seem to be IGNORING is that Fox has very neatly sidestepped ever saying he doesn't die. Show me ONE report where they say, "Woops, no that rumor is false." They don't. All their comments are ducking the main question. I can tell you -- as a professional author -- that 'revisions' do NOT mean changing the basic plot arc. I make "substantial" revisions all the time that don't change points of the plot from the original draft. Don't be gullible, based on a wish. So far, the rumor has come forward from a fairly reliable rumor mill that he dies; it's never been denied by TPTB. They've only practiced some fancy misdirection. Therefore, the burden of proof actually rests on those who claim he doesn't die, and does have a big (in terms of scenetime) role. You can't just reject the script and say it 'doesn't count.' Based on what? Fox's word? Sorry, it's their JOB to convince people such an early leaked script isn't the filming script. My only hope is that we didn't see the third act.

I have seen NOTHING that tells me Cyke has any kind of major role in this film ... and much that suggests the opposite. So if you can find a Fox exec who'll tell you point blank, 'No, he doesn't die' -- and can cite it for me -- then I'll believe you. But until that point, I see circumstantial evidence that backs up the AICN script suggestion Scott bites it, or at least has a very small role.

Now, I am an ENORMOUS Cyke fangirl. I'd LOVE him to have a good role. I just see no evidence that he does, and the continual protests that he MUST, or that it's LOGICAL for him to ... no. That's opinion. Means nothing. Wishful thinking. Show me the EVIDENCE. I'm not seeing any, and the trailer merely confirms what I feared.

__________________
--Minisinoo
The Medicine Wheel: X-Men Fanfic
Minisinoo is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 06:13 AM   #1315
Ions
Side-Kick
 
Ions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.Z.
Posts: 1,853
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread


Cykes other appearance! Unless you wanna convince me those aren't Cykes blasts and Storm troopers have arrived to blast Storm...
...
[Ions skulks out of thread]

__________________
Obi-Ron: "The Hulk movie is...unique. And because it is unique, the world will not tolerate its existence!"
Ions is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #1316
PikaZeroX
Side-Kick
 
PikaZeroX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 501
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ions

Cykes other appearance! Unless you wanna convince me those aren't Cykes blasts and Storm troopers have arrived to blast Storm...
...
[Ions skulks out of thread]
Uh ueah, Isn't that from the danger room sequence? It's probably danger room guns.

PikaZeroX is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #1317
conan69
Cimmerian
 
conan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,022
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Anyone who think Cyclops is disposable doesnt understand the character or the Xmen.

Its ridiculous.

But I think part of the blame has to be placed on Marsden. He accepted the role in Superman Returns.

What I dont understand is why JM has spent so much time in Australia with SR when its just a supporting role.

conan69 is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #1318
Ions
Side-Kick
 
Ions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.Z.
Posts: 1,853
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaZeroX
Uh ueah, Isn't that from the danger room sequence? It's probably danger room guns.
Shhhhh. [Ions winks knowingly]


[Ions wonders if anyone gets the reference]

__________________
Obi-Ron: "The Hulk movie is...unique. And because it is unique, the world will not tolerate its existence!"
Ions is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #1319
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 503
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
Fiancee,actually.
Uhhh....nope. Sorry, but you're wrong there. In X2, there's the scene where Jean tells Logan, "Girls always flirt with the bad guy, but they go home with the good guy......I married a good guy." I guess that they must have gotten married sometime inbetween the events of 1 & 2, so it wasn't shown, but they were married, nonetheless.

BrlntDsgse is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #1320
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist
The thing is this: Judging from the teaser and the some of set reports, there's a lack of Marsden action going on.

I prefer my theory that Cyclops gets into a coma, but is linked to the Phoenix. OR, he goes AWOL and then comes back in the end. OR, gets killed but gets brought back to life by Phoenix.

Either way, I have a feeling that he won't have a lot of screentime in the movie. Just a theory.
I actually think people are convoluting this wayyyyy too much. The scene shown in the trailer actually makes no sense if he dies since well no one else is around (cannot explain the glasses thing) but I think its fairly obvious whats going on in that scene. Logan has just told Scott his wife came back from the dead, is crazy and Scott goes nutty

ShadowBoxing is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #1321
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick
 
Jan Irisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,762
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrlntDsgse
Uhhh....nope. Sorry, but you're wrong there. In X2, there's the scene where Jean tells Logan, "Girls always flirt with the bad guy, but they go home with the good guy......I married a good guy." I guess that they must have gotten married sometime inbetween the events of 1 & 2, so it wasn't shown, but they were married, nonetheless.

No. The quote was "They marry the good guy."

It was never established at all that they were married. They remained engaged.

Jan Irisi is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #1322
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 503
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69
But I think part of the blame has to be placed on Marsden. He accepted the role in Superman Returns.

How does Marsden taking a minor role in another film mean that he takes ANY of the blame for his character being shortchanged? Especially since this is the kind of treatment Cyke recieved in both of the other 2 films as well, BEFORE he had a part in SR. It's the execs at FOX and their mentality that Wolverine has to completely dominate the franchise that is to blame. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Cyclops DOES die in X3 and Wolverine finally "gets the girl". I'll be disgusted and disappointed.....but not surprised.

BrlntDsgse is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #1323
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrlntDsgse
How does Marsden taking a minor role in another film mean that he takes ANY of the blame for his character being shortchanged? Especially since this is the kind of treatment Cyke recieved in both of the other 2 films as well, BEFORE he had a part in SR. It's the execs at FOX and their mentality that Wolverine has to completely dominate the franchise that is to blame. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Cyclops DOES die in X3 and Wolverine finally "gets the girl". I'll be disgusted and disappointed.....but not surprised.
Yeah but Logan gets Ororo not Jean

ShadowBoxing is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:24 AM   #1324
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minisinoo
Stevie -- You're simply repeating your opinion. It's not convincing. You keep challenging people to produce proof that he dies and say the AICN script doesn't count. But what you seem to be IGNORING is that Fox has very neatly sidestepped ever saying he doesn't die. Show me ONE report where they say, "Woops, no that rumor is false." They don't. All their comments are ducking the main question. I can tell you -- as a professional author -- that 'revisions' do NOT mean changing the basic plot arc. I make "substantial" revisions all the time that don't change points of the plot from the original draft. Don't be gullible, based on a wish. So far, the rumor has come forward from a fairly reliable rumor mill that he dies; it's never been denied by TPTB. They've only practiced some fancy misdirection. Therefore, the burden of proof actually rests on those who claim he doesn't die, and does have a big (in terms of scenetime) role. You can't just reject the script and say it 'doesn't count.' Based on what? Fox's word? Sorry, it's their JOB to convince people such an early leaked script isn't the filming script. My only hope is that we didn't see the third act.

I have seen NOTHING that tells me Cyke has any kind of major role in this film ... and much that suggests the opposite. So if you can find a Fox exec who'll tell you point blank, 'No, he doesn't die' -- and can cite it for me -- then I'll believe you. But until that point, I see circumstantial evidence that backs up the AICN script suggestion Scott bites it, or at least has a very small role.

Now, I am an ENORMOUS Cyke fangirl. I'd LOVE him to have a good role. I just see no evidence that he does, and the continual protests that he MUST, or that it's LOGICAL for him to ... no. That's opinion. Means nothing. Wishful thinking. Show me the EVIDENCE. I'm not seeing any, and the trailer merely confirms what I feared.
FOX has since come out and said the draft was rewritten and furthermore that there would be ONE death in the film. It could still be Cyclops...however then that means there was a lot of misdirection in that trailer on Xavier's part

I personally think he goes AWOL (yes for the entire film)


Last edited by ShadowBoxing; 12-06-2005 at 10:27 AM.
ShadowBoxing is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #1325
EndlesIn
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 67
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

If Cyclops Dies I'm going to be pissed, he's one of the hitters in X-men and one of my Favs, If he dies that's going to upset alot of fans and make Kids hate x-men. The reason I say this is because Cyclops is protrayed as the leader of the X-men in the comics, and cartoons and wolverine the Hothead, Kids Love the Leader and always love the leader. I like Wolverine but I don't like the fact that they keep pushing him to the front of everything. Cyclops should be a main character of the film and he better not die.

Also you can't blame JM because unlike Halley, Jackman he's not as Famous as they are and so its easy to over look the character he plays. If anyones to blame is marvel not trying to push for more Cyc to Fox.


Last edited by EndlesIn; 12-06-2005 at 10:41 AM.
EndlesIn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.