The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Who would WIn Batman vs. SUperman?
Batman 219 42.61%
Superman 295 57.39%
Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2005, 09:39 PM   #76
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick
 
Mr. Socko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fleet Street
Posts: 23,329
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

I love Batman, but Superman would win in a fight. The only way Batman would even stand a small chance is cheating by using a little Kryptonite.

__________________
"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"- Harry Callahan
Mr. Socko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:45 PM   #77
i_play_SEGA
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 230
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

if batman has time

i_play_SEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #78
RDK
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 66
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Stupidest. Thread. Ever. I can't believe Batman is leading in the poll. The *only* way Batman could even hope to win is if he had kryptonite, and even then, if Superman knew that he had kryptonite, he could incinerate Bats from a distance with his heat vision. Or throw a building on top of him.

RDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:07 PM   #79
Sarge
Banned User
 
Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rock of Eternity
Posts: 6,102
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK
Stupidest. Thread. Ever. I can't believe Batman is leading in the poll. The *only* way Batman could even hope to win is if he had kryptonite, and even then, if Superman knew that he had kryptonite, he could incinerate Bats from a distance with his heat vision. Or throw a building on top of him.
He'd need an assload of kryptonite anyway, the K-ring and a small chunk in the utility belt don't cut the mustard anymore.

Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:11 PM   #80
DrVenkman90
Banned User
 
DrVenkman90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: With you, ho.
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

I don't think they would ever fight. But if they did this is how it would go down. Superman would fly around all stupid and out in the open like always. Batman would be concealed in the shadows. Then Batman would shoot him with a kryptonight bullet. Being Batman he would shoot him a few more times to make sure.

DrVenkman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #81
Sarge
Banned User
 
Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rock of Eternity
Posts: 6,102
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVenkman90
I don't think they would ever fight. But if they did this is how it would go down. Superman would fly around all stupid and out in the open like always. Batman would be concealed in the shadows. Then Batman would shoot him with a kryptonight bullet. Being Batman he would shoot him a few more times to make sure.
You officially fail at life.

Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #82
Dr.HugoStrange
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 192
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

this should end the debate. In Kingdom Come superman is directly hit by a nuclear bomb and only his clothes rip a little. What the crap is Bats going to do about that. Plus in DKR Miller put his own spin on Superman cause of his own political/social views. In Batman Hush, Batman socks Superman twice with the kryptonite ring and if he would have hit him a third time he would have broke his hand. Also, Batman acknowledges that Sups is holding back using freeze breath instead of strength .

Dr.HugoStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #83
cpfunk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

The truth is that Batman is always willing to do what the other guy isn't. It's not about power, friendship, or stamina, it's about doing the unthinkable, Superman is bound by laws, truth , justice, and the right choice. For Batman, it is what ever will feed the demon it's due.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #84
IronLion
Side-Kick
 
IronLion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Posts: 904
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

why dont you guys get it?????

straight out fight. superman would kill batman, easy. no ifs, no buts, all facts.

IronLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #85
JackBauer
Side-Kick
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfunk
The truth is that Batman is always willing to do what the other guy isn't. It's not about power, friendship, or stamina, it's about doing the unthinkable, Superman is bound by laws, truth , justice, and the right choice. For Batman, it is what ever will feed the demon it's due.
Batman may not have the same kind of attitude as Superman, but they do share most of their values. the unthinkable, for Batman, would be taking a life. and like Superman, that's just something he'd refuse to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVenkman90
I don't think they would ever fight. But if they did this is how it would go down. Superman would fly around all stupid and out in the open like always. Batman would be concealed in the shadows. Then Batman would shoot him with a kryptonight bullet. Being Batman he would shoot him a few more times to make sure.
right... except for the simple fact that Batman would never pick up a gun.

__________________
You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because-- SQUIRREL!
Gamertag: semterra
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #86
Andella
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 206
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVenkman90
I don't think they would ever fight. But if they did this is how it would go down. Superman would fly around all stupid and out in the open like always. Batman would be concealed in the shadows. Then Batman would shoot him with a kryptonight bullet. Being Batman he would shoot him a few more times to make sure.
Well-that scenario only works if you totally change Batman's values and philosophy to allow him to kill (or risk killing ) Superman. But I notice you don't allow Superman the same release from his normal way of holding back. If Superman was trying to kill Batman as hard as you seem to allow Batman to be attempting to kill or at least risk severely injuring Superman there would be no contest ever- Superman can attack faster and from such a distance as to render any mortal unable to evade the attack-and his attacks can be something as simple as hurling a meteor at Bruce from space- by the time Bruce sees it coming (at speeds so high its probably not too far under light speed) he is dead. Superman has the ability to attack using his vision at the speed of light from just on the horizon and he can detect (see and hear) Batman from that far away and he can do all of this moving so fast himself no one could gain a target lock on him in return. As for the idea that Superman can't evade a bullet- any bullet from a gun would be moving in slow motion to what Superman can evade. So if you allow both heros to use all their abilities in full with no holding back there is no contest-sorry


Andella

Andella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #87
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andella
Well-that scenario only works if you totally change Batman's values and philosophy to allow him to kill (or risk killing ) Superman. But I notice you don't allow Superman the same release from his normal way of holding back. If Superman was trying to kill Batman as hard as you seem to allow Batman to be attempting to kill or at least risk severely injuring Superman there would be no contest ever- Superman can attack faster and from such a distance as to render any mortal unable to evade the attack-and his attacks can be something as simple as hurling a meteor at Bruce from space- by the time Bruce sees it coming (at speeds so high its probably not too far under light speed) he is dead. Superman has the ability to attack using his vision at the speed of light from just on the horizon and he can detect (see and hear) Batman from that far away and he can do all of this moving so fast himself no one could gain a target lock on him in return. As for the idea that Superman can't evade a bullet- any bullet from a gun would be moving in slow motion to what Superman can evade. So if you allow both heros to use all their abilities in full with no holding back there is no contest-sorry


Andella
The problem with that is, even without removing the no-killing bar, Batman still fights dirtier than Superman. Look at Hush were Batman had Lois dropped off of a building. Superman would never employ techniques such as that that could harm other people. Batman will. He take chances Superman. Give Batman enough time and he will invent a way to beat Superman. He'll trick him, he'll endanger his loved ones, he'll hurt him. And do it all without a second thought. Superman could never do that, and that's why Batman usually wins against him.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #88
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 503
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder13
People would think that Superman would beat Batman, but in the Dark Knight Returns, by Frank miller. Batman actually KILLS Superman. This battle is not one sided at all. What do you guys Think.
Ummm.......while I gotta agree with you that the battle isn't one sided I must ask......what Dark Knight Returns were you reading where Batman KILLS Superman, cause in my copy he just kicks the snot outta him.....and then BATMAN "dies".

BrlntDsgse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #89
Andella
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 206
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn
The problem with that is, even without removing the no-killing bar, Batman still fights dirtier than Superman. Look at Hush were Batman had Lois dropped off of a building. Superman would never employ techniques such as that that could harm other people. Batman will. He take chances Superman. Give Batman enough time and he will invent a way to beat Superman. He'll trick him, he'll endanger his loved ones, he'll hurt him. And do it all without a second thought. Superman could never do that, and that's why Batman usually wins against him.
That's not proving much-all you are showing is that Superman would willingly sacrifice himself for most humans, especially those he truly cares about and loves. That's not really winning if your opponent gives up willingly (well it surely means you survive and they are at your mercy and can be killed but it doesn't mean you beat them if they throw the fight (just like someone in boxing isn't much of a winner and surely didn't beat anyone even if they are the new champion if the fight was fixed and their opponent threw the fight). So Batman can be declared the winner (sorta like being declared the winner in a sporting event due to the other team not showing up- do you really brag about the win then even if it counts on your stats?). Batman can also kill superman if he employs such tactics (given certain equiptment)-but he can't beat Superman-all he can do is convince him to throw the fight. And thats not saying a lot because almost anyone can manage that given a few resources which seem common enough amonst super criminals. Basically anyone can do that with superman given some kyrponite, some technical know-how and a hostage. Just endanger the hostages life in such a fashion that Superman can not save them himself (swallowed radio controlled explosives maybe-if the signal cuts out the explosives blow-heart, stomach lungs shredded-hostage dead in superman's arms). Demand superman swallow kyrptonite in exchange for hostage's life, confirm he swallowed it (geiger counter-whatever tech device you wish to confirm)-wait for him to weaken -be affected ( see if he can bleed ) then kill him-end of superman-virtually ANYONE with a few thousand dollars and one pellet of kryptonite can kill superman if he willingly swallows it (or think up some other means for him to willingly sacrifice himself-he will go along to save innocent lives. You win because he throws the fight because thats the kind of person he is (where as if he were different he might go get one of your loved ones and play exchange of hostages if he were blood thirsty enough for you to believe he would harm them. Sorry- don't see this as much of a win for Batman if thats the way he has to win. If Batman can't win except by having Superman throw the fight becasue innocents are endangered then he isn't worth of the title of someone who beat Superman.

Andella

Andella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #90
Laa Dee Dah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London
Posts: 433
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Please for the love of God stop.

Laa Dee Dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:13 AM   #91
wyzewun
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 97
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

this is a ridiculous thread.......if its a fight between the two characters then its gotta get physical....Supes will win hands down! Batman fans stop kidding yourself! statements such as "if batman had time", or "if he had kryptonite".....or the ever famous "he fights dirty" argument is so stupid....If superman were just plain pissed and back handed the bat end of story game over time for dick to b the caped crusader......batman can not fight superman,nuff said! the truth is batman stands no better chance of beating superman than any other human being!

wyzewun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:19 AM   #92
wyzewun
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 97
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

this is a ridiculous thread.......if its a fight between the two characters then its gotta get physical....Supes will win hands down! Batman fans stop kidding yourself! statements such as "if batman had time", or "if he had kryptonite".....or the ever famous "he fights dirty" argument is so stupid....If superman were just plain pissed and back handed the bat end of story game over time for dick to b the caped crusader......batman can not fight superman,nuff said! the truth is batman stands no better chance of beating superman than any other human being!

wyzewun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 PM   #93
daveswb
Side-Kick
 
daveswb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 438
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder13
Look at his picture of Batman kicking Superman's a**!

That's a picture from the dark knight returns. No infact Superman is not killed ny Batman there. Batman uses Kryptonite on him first and then starts fighting him. Getting in a few cheap shots. After Supes gets away from the Kryptonite the armor Bats is wearing breaks when it hit Supes. And Superman kills batman. Though we find out later he faked his death.

daveswb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #94
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,107
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Mentally, Batman. He's been the only one throughout history to call it as he sees it when it comes to Superman, and has no problem on striking nerves with him.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #95
TIM BURTONSUCKS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Without Kryptonite i would have to say Superman! With kryptonite i would have to say Batman...He's a combat Genius! While Superman is Strong! the ultimate battle of BRAINS V.S BRAWN...

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #96
JackBauer
Side-Kick
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78
Mentally, Batman. He's been the only one throughout history to call it as he sees it when it comes to Superman, and has no problem on striking nerves with him.
you mean something like "The last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead."?

__________________
You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because-- SQUIRREL!
Gamertag: semterra
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #97
Carter
Banned User
 
Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not staring at it, eating it.
Posts: 13,805
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Batman.
He doesnt even need prep-time to face Superman anymore.

He's always prepared to take him down.
He's got the ring, and we all know he's got contingencies


Im willing to bet he's synthesized an assload of Kryptonite.

Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #98
we_are_venom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

better than that.. superman vs green lantern. i say lantern.


p.s. batman pwns superman and would win.with or without kryptonite. i really shouldnt even have to say why because the reasons are so obvious.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:17 AM   #99
rscal
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 755
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

um if they actually wrote superman with all his powers all of the time he would beat basically anybody, especially someone with no powers. too fast too strong but most writers downplay or totally forget superman's superspeed when he fights.

rscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #100
rscal
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 755
Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswb
That's a picture from the dark knight returns. No infact Superman is not killed ny Batman there. Batman uses Kryptonite on him first and then starts fighting him. Getting in a few cheap shots. After Supes gets away from the Kryptonite the armor Bats is wearing breaks when it hit Supes. And Superman kills batman. Though we find out later he faked his death.
bats also had help from green arrow

rscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.