The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default The Official Batman Returns Thread



Batman Returns is such a amazing movie...I have always liked it but after watching it last night I am sure its my favorite Batman movie...

I love the way Tim Burton made Batman, so gothic and dark, but at the same time funny and visually stunning.

The chemistry between Selina and Bruce are amazing and I think that Catwomen is really underated in this movie, or in the Batman franchise as a whole...maybe because of the Catwomen movie disaster. Michelle did a amazing job bringing Catwomen to life, she is one of my favorite things about this movie, and also Penguin. the way Tim Burton created him was scary because it was so real. Danny Devto did a great job as well and had some funny lines through out the entire film (I want to fill her void!).

Christopher Walken did a great job aswell...great cast!

Even down to Gotham city...it was amazing. I love the way it snows over Gotham it gives it a very eire but beatiful look. Very Gothic and Dark like Batman should be, not a glitter and dazzle or a futuristic type town like it was in BB...

From the beginning of the movie with the haunting music of Danny Elfman to the ending with the bat signal and Catwomen this movie is truly awesome...I wish that Batman Returns and Tim Burton would get more credit...its not all about BB.

So this is the Official Batman Returns thread! From your favorite moments, to quotes, to your favorite pictures, this is everything Batman Returns.

__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us

Last edited by snwboarder88; 08-05-2008 at 08:21 PM.
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
The Chairman
Pimps' Main Prophet
 
The Chairman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Down in the Jackson Cage
Posts: 18,821
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Batman Returns will forever remain the greatest Batman movie (with B89 and Batman Begins not far behind). The cast was perfectly chosen (Devito was an obvious choice from the get - go, but Pfeiffer and Walken? Wow, what amazing choices). Keaton also did even better in Returns than the 1989 version, in addition to an even stronger performance he also bulked up for the role this time around. The film was even funnier this time around. Nicholson had a lot of funny moments in the first one, but DeVito's perverted proclivities to Catwoman (Just the p**sy I've been lookin' for) and Jan Hooks (I'd like to fill her void) were hysterical. And of course, Walken's immortal "Bruce Wayne, Why Are You Dressed Up As Batman?" Plus BR was a lot darker and exposed the true life of being a superhero: it's a b*tch. It really can destroy someone's life.

I can go on about how great Batman Returns was, but I'd be here all night.

The Chairman is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTHONYNASTI
Batman Returns will forever remain the greatest Batman movie (with B89 and Batman Begins not far behind). The cast was perfectly chosen (Devito was an obvious choice from the get - go, but Pfeiffer and Walken? Wow, what amazing choices). Keaton also did even better in Returns than the 1989 version, in addition to an even stronger performance he also bulked up for the role this time around. The film was even funnier this time around. Nicholson had a lot of funny moments in the first one, but DeVito's perverted proclivities to Catwoman (Just the p**sy I've been lookin' for) and Jan Hooks (I'd like to fill her void) were hysterical. And of course, Walken's immortal "Bruce Wayne, Why Are You Dressed Up As Batman?" Plus BR was a lot darker and exposed the true life of being a superhero: it's a b*tch. It really can destroy someone's life.

I can go on about how great Batman Returns was, but I'd be here all night.
Great post...i love that part when Devito says "Just the p**sy ive been lookin for" haha, also i forgot to mention how great Keaton was as Batman second time around. He was great in the orginal but was even better in Returns...he is my favorite Batman to date.

__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread









__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us

Last edited by snwboarder88; 08-18-2005 at 11:14 PM.
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
Robin91939
Master Tim
 
Robin91939's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,884
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

MUST STAY OUT.......TAKING EVERY OUNCE TO NOT TROLL IN HERE......


I'll leave you guys to your peace , even though most of you crapped up my "Bale Page".

-R

__________________
My posts are facts, not opinion. Enjoy.
Robin91939 is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread










__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Selina Kyle: It's gonna be a hot time in a cold town tonight.
Bruce Wayne: You've got sort of a dark side, don't you?
Selina Kyle: No darker than yours, Bruce.


The Penguin: Ah, ****, I grabbed a cute one.
[discards umbrella]


Ice Princess: The tree lights up, I press the button... No wait, I press the button and...

Maximillian 'Max' Shreck: And Bruce, why are you dressed up like Batman?
Catwoman: Because he *is* Batman, you moron!
Maximillian 'Max' Shreck: Was.
[shoots Batman]

__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 11:41 PM   #8
theBat-Man
Creature of the night
 
theBat-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 752
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwboarder88
Great post...i love that part when Devito says "Just the p**sy ive been lookin for" haha.

__________________
I must be a creature of the night. Black, terrible. It's an omen. I shall become a BAT!

Last edited by theBat-Man; 08-19-2005 at 12:17 AM.
theBat-Man is offline  
Old 08-18-2005, 11:54 PM   #9
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,483
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939
MUST STAY OUT.......TAKING EVERY OUNCE TO NOT TROLL IN HERE......


I'll leave you guys to your peace , even though most of you crapped up my "Bale Page".

-R
All I'm going to say is you're an attention whore and We crapped your thread b/c it was in the wrong place

BR is my favorite of the old franchise. Can't wait for the SE.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 02:01 AM   #10
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?
 
Kevin Roegele's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: England
Posts: 23,788
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Batman Returns = perfection.

The best thing about it is that it represents all the characteristics of Bruce Wayne. Gotham is Bruce Wayne's mind. The Penguin is the outcast orphan. Max Shreck is the powerful business man. And Catwoman is the angry vigilante. They all work with each other at some points, but they never all work together, and eventually they destroy each other. How dark and disturbing is that? Incredible stuff.

Just trying to think of all the coolest bits....four of the Red Triangle Circus Gang surround Batman, carrying nunchucks and a bazooka. Batman pulls out a batarang....but with an LCD screen. Presses a few buttons, then throws it....and it hits one clown in the face, then changes direction to hit another, and then another.

While Catwoman spits about breaking a nail, Batman steps onto the edge of the building and unfolds two huge glider-like wings. And then the sequence when he lands, rolls, and folds them up.

__________________
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 grossed $709m, Spider-Man: Homecoming grossed $880m. Somehow a 19% increase is the difference between a huge failure and another victory for Marvel Studios.

Last edited by Kevin Roegele; 08-19-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Kevin Roegele is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 02:15 AM   #11
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?
 
Kevin Roegele's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: England
Posts: 23,788
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

"They didn't put me on a pedestal, so I'm layin' 'em on a slab!" - fantastic dialogue.









And of course.....



"And you're the hottest young person a role model could have."

__________________
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 grossed $709m, Spider-Man: Homecoming grossed $880m. Somehow a 19% increase is the difference between a huge failure and another victory for Marvel Studios.
Kevin Roegele is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 02:53 AM   #12
Sabotage8475
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 484
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Roegele
Batman Returns = perfection.

The best thing about it is that it represents all the characteristics of Bruce Wayne. Gotham is Bruce Wayne's mind. The Penguin is the outcast orphan. Max Shreck is the powerful business man. And Catwoman is the angry vigilante. They all work with each other at some points, but they never all work together, and eventually they destroy each other. How dark and disturbing is that? Incredible stuff.

One of the best things the film proves, is that there's more than one way in exploring a comicbook character. Burton's Batman films also are the only comicbook films to venture into, and utilize a different cinematic vocabulary in exploring a character and it's themes - (Expressionism - the subjective depiction of emotive themes, characterized by exaggerated forms); as apposed to the more standard, simple narrative depiction of most Hollywood product.

__________________
Well, Batman Returns is not going to be to everyone's liking – and thank God for that, because a film that's to everyone's liking is, by its very nature, bound to be free of much in the way of risks. And RETURNS is nothing if not risk-taking.
Sabotage8475 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 03:51 AM   #13
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?
 
Kevin Roegele's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: England
Posts: 23,788
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage8475
One of the best things the film proves, is that there's more than one way in exploring a comicbook character. Burton's Batman films also are the only comicbook films to venture into, and utilize a different cinematic vocabulary in exploring a character and it's themes - (Expressionism - the subjective depiction of emotive themes, characterized by exaggerated forms); as apposed to the more standard, simple narrative depiction of most Hollywood product.
Very true. What's intresting is that the 1989 movie has a strong Metropolis vibe, whereas Returns seems most influenced by The Cabinet of Dr Caligari. The shadows of the Penguin in the sewers remind me of Nosferatu climbing the stairs, but that's a shot Burton & co may have come up with any way.

Burton also uses elements of film noir in his Batman movies, but not in the nostalgia/homage/parody way of others.

__________________
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 grossed $709m, Spider-Man: Homecoming grossed $880m. Somehow a 19% increase is the difference between a huge failure and another victory for Marvel Studios.
Kevin Roegele is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 AM   #14
The Kid
AMERICA FTW
 
The Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bronx
Posts: 12,766
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

everytime I watch this, I'm in awe of how smoothly done it's paced and haunting the soundtrack can be.... spooky. very good movie for holloween.

master freaking piece, baby.

__________________
Superman Returns is better than the Dark Knight
The Kid is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 04:16 AM   #15
William15
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 228
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Batman Returns is also one of my favourite Batman movies. I love Michelle as Catwoman and the chemistry between them was fantastic. I never minded that the Penguin was portrayed as sort of a mutant, coz in the comics I never liked him. The dialogue in this movie is also great.

William15 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #16
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
everytime I watch this, I'm in awe of how smoothly done it's paced and haunting the soundtrack can be.... spooky. very good movie for holloween.

master freaking piece, baby.
yea...its a great movie to just watch at night...maybe cause of the music?

__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #17
snwboarder88
Side-Kick
 
snwboarder88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread








__________________
dollhouse fridays @ 9pm on Fox

What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing

The world is changing, man is evolving, the time is coming when all that we are affraid of will be all that can save us

Last edited by snwboarder88; 08-19-2005 at 09:39 AM.
snwboarder88 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 11:03 AM   #18
BatmanRules33
Side-Kick
 
BatmanRules33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US
Posts: 2,764
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

wow, great pics, can you buy that rocket-penguin statue? looks awsome! great thread VTW, its really picking up well, and no SPAMMERS (though robin tried, thank goodness he didnt). i love BR, its a rare kinda movie, and it will always be the most bizarre and visually stunning batman ever! the characters are amazing, and the performances cant be better then that. pieffer is amazing as catwoman, shes stole my heart, i wont fall in love with a woman lest it be someone like her, lol. and keaton is badassss.....













LOVE this movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK
This isn't a contest. Pfiefer, dammit! The lips, the eyes, the VOICE! I'd pay $2.99 a minute to hear her say things to me that are illegal in third-world countries anyday!
BatmanRules33 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #19
JLBats
The boney king of nowhere
 
JLBats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,956
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanRules33
wow, great pics, can you buy that rocket-penguin statue? looks awsome! great thread VTW, its really picking up well, and no SPAMMERS (though robin tried, thank goodness he didnt). i love BR, its a rare kinda movie, and it will always be the most bizarre and visually stunning batman ever! the characters are amazing, and the performances cant be better then that. pieffer is amazing as catwoman, shes stole my heart, i wont fall in love with a woman lest it be someone like her, lol. and keaton is badassss.....













LOVE this movie.
You're a troll, you know that?

__________________
[I am in here]
JLBats is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 AM   #20
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,483
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
You're a troll, you know that?
He may be at times, but that post wasn't. If you don't have anything nice to say about BR, I suggest you fornicate yourself with a steel pipe to save us the trouble.

Back to Batman Returns.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #21
BatmanRules33
Side-Kick
 
BatmanRules33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US
Posts: 2,764
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat
He may be at times, but that post wasn't. If you don't have anything nice to say about BR, I suggest you fornicate yourself with a steel pipe to save us the trouble.

Back to Batman Returns.
thank you very much for saying that spider bat, i swear, these ppl are starting to annoy me.

anyways, i posted something interesting in the keaton thread that was very cool about BR, ill go find it, brb.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK
This isn't a contest. Pfiefer, dammit! The lips, the eyes, the VOICE! I'd pay $2.99 a minute to hear her say things to me that are illegal in third-world countries anyday!
BatmanRules33 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 12:19 PM   #22
BatmanRules33
Side-Kick
 
BatmanRules33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US
Posts: 2,764
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwboarder88
when i saw this pic i thought of that awsome danny elfman music playing at the end and i had to play it on my comp while looking at this pic, LOL. burtons gotham city is a masterpiece. why didnt nolan do somthin like this?

oh and heres that interesting article i found:


"In an earlier version of the script, Harvey Dent was set to appear in the movie, played by the same actor as in the first movie, Billy Dee Williams. He was going to be used in the Max Shreck role, and the scarring of his face (which would turn him into the villain Two-Face) was set to happen during the finale when Catwoman kisses him while holding onto the Penguin's generator. (This would then, in turn, set up the third movie, in which Two-Face was going to appear as the main villain.) "

hmm.......that would have been awsome if they let burton do a third!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK
This isn't a contest. Pfiefer, dammit! The lips, the eyes, the VOICE! I'd pay $2.99 a minute to hear her say things to me that are illegal in third-world countries anyday!

Last edited by BatmanRules33; 08-19-2005 at 12:33 PM.
BatmanRules33 is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #23
JLBats
The boney king of nowhere
 
JLBats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,956
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat
He may be at times, but that post wasn't. If you don't have anything nice to say about BR, I suggest you fornicate yourself with a steel pipe to save us the trouble.

Back to Batman Returns.

I love Batman Returns, it's this guy's insane, nonsensical jabbering posts that get me angry enough to do that.

__________________
[I am in here]
JLBats is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #24
theBat-Man
Creature of the night
 
theBat-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 752
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
I love Batman Returns, it's this guy's insane, nonsensical jabbering posts that get me angry enough to do that.
Keep it civil people. Stay on topic.

__________________
I must be a creature of the night. Black, terrible. It's an omen. I shall become a BAT!
theBat-Man is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 01:07 PM   #25
JLBats
The boney king of nowhere
 
JLBats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,956
Default Re: Official Batman Returns Thread

Batman Returns kicked mucho ass. I loved the scene when Selina and Bruce dance and discover the truth.

__________________
[I am in here]
JLBats is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.