The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Doc Ock's lair

Yes it's back!!!! If any villain deserves a fan thread it's Doctor Octopus.

-The first villain to defeat and humiliate Spider-Man.
-The first villain to unmask Spider-Man.
-He formed the Sinister Six
-He was the Master Planner
-He was involved in the death of Captain Stacy
-He tried to marry into Peter's family for May's inheritance
-He's started gang wars with Hammerhead and the Owl
-He's used,abused and back stabbed the Sinister Six
-He's tried to blow up New York,rule the world,was in Secret Wars
-He saved Peter's life so he could be the one to kill him

There is no end to Doc Ock's fiendishness.So appreciate this tentacled mad man to the fullest.From the comics (both 616 and Ultimate),cartoons,and of course Alfred Molina's fantastic performance of him in SM-2.




I hope this thread is half as successful as the last one.Have fun Ock fans

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 01-14-2007 at 09:08 AM.
The Joker is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
Venom_uk
Side-Kick
 
Venom_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 9,391
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Oooh! Déjà vu!



About time this thread came back. 'Spidey World' has been a much small place without it.
Glad to have the original villain fan thread back. Which I blatantly ripped off! MWAHAHAHAHA

Welcome home Octavians.

__________________
www.poorparking.co.uk
Venom_uk is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Ah thank you Mr uk.Good to be back

Right I'll start things rolling.I recently got my hands on the Owl/Octopus war which is a 7 part Doc Ock arc from Spectacular Spider-Man in the 80's.Fantastic arc.Ock is so ruthless that he even scares Spider-Man.

Ock's plan is to destroy all of New York to simply prove he is the most dangerous man alive.And he's using an atomic device to do this.The Owl wants it too to hold the city to ransom.So as you can imagine this is how they go to war with eachother.And Spider-Man and Black Cat get caught in the middle.

Ock beats the Owl but Spider-Man and Black Cat stop him from detonating the bomb.Enraged at this Ock beats Black Cat to a bloody pulp.Spider-Man takes her to the hospital and watches over her as her life hangs in the balance.

Meanwhile Ock is out for blood.He makes his way to the hospital and threatens Spider-Man that he will kill him and Black Cat for ruining his scheme.He smashes Black Cat's life support machine as he leaves

Spider-Man really believes he's a dead man.In fact he throws a party in his apartment and invites all his friends like Harry,Betty etc because he believes it's the last time he'll see them because Ock will kill him tomorrow night.

The big showdown does not disappoint.Ock and Spidey tear strips off eachother.The battle rages from the hospital,to the street,to the highway as Ock chases Black Cat's ambulance which desperately tries to get her to safety,even Jean DeWolffe tries to stop Ock to no avail,and it climaxes in a train yard with Ock smashing down a speeding train that comes toward him.

This is one of Ock's finest arcs.He really scares Spider-Man and Kingpin,takes down the Owl,beats Black Cat to a bloody pulp and nearly destroys New York.

Gotta love him

Here is one of the covers from the arc:


__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 09-30-2005 at 08:40 PM.
The Joker is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
Silver S
Side-Kick
 
Silver S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,272
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

It amazes me how anyone could think Doc Ock is not the best villain there is. He's brilliant and he's got no problem taking out anyone who gets in his ways. Rock ON little green and orange spandex-wearing man, rock on.



__________________
Doc Ocking - (v.) to multi-task while looking badass
Home of the Boy Genius
Status: Criminal Mastermind; Super-Villain class
Silver S is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
Arcturus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,482
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair





Last edited by Arcturus; 09-30-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Arcturus is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Yay Silver S is back!!!!

Bring on the fan art girl

Here's a nice 'OWNED' pic featuring our fav lunatic scientist:



If Ock wants to escape without any interference then watch out.He'll bring a building down on your head



Thanks to Symbiotica for scanning that

And hello venom4life.Thanks for the awesome pics dude

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
Silver S
Side-Kick
 
Silver S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,272
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Seeing all this Ock in one place again like this makes me all warm and fuzzy. Yeah.

__________________
Doc Ocking - (v.) to multi-task while looking badass
Home of the Boy Genius
Status: Criminal Mastermind; Super-Villain class
Silver S is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 153,029
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock
Ah that you Mr uk.Good to be back

Right I'll start things rolling.I recently got my hands on the Owl/Octopus war which is a 7 part Doc Ock arc from Spectacular Spider-Man in the 80's.Fantastic arc.Ock is so ruthless that he even scares Spider-Man.

Ock's plan is to destroy all of New York to simply prove he is the most dangerous man alive.And he's using an atomic device to do this.The Owl wants it too to hold the city to ransom.So as you can imagine this is how they go to war with eachother.And Spider-Man and Black Cat get caught in the middle.

Ock beats the Owl but Spider-Man and Black Cat stop him from detonating the bomb.Enraged at this Ock beats Black Cat to a bloody pulp.Spider-Man takes her to the hospital and watches over her as her life hangs in the balance.

Meanwhile Ock is out for blood.He makes his way to the hospital and threatens Spider-Man that he will kill him and Black Cat for ruining his scheme.He smashes Black Cat's life support machine as he leaves

Spider-Man really believes he's a dead man.In fact he throws a party in his apartment and invites all his friends like Harry,Betty etc because he believes it's the last time he'll see them because Ock will kill him tomorrow night.

The big showdown does not disappoint.Ock and Spidey tear strips off eachother.The battle rages from the hospital,to the street,to the highway as Ock chases Black Cat's ambulance which desperately tries to get her to safety,even Jean DeWolffe tries to stop Ock to no avail,and it climaxes in a train yard with Ock smashing down a speeding train that comes toward him.

This is one of Ock's finest arcs.He really scares Spider-Man and Kingpin,takes down the Owl,beats Black Cat to a bloody pulp and nearly destroys New York.

Gotta love him

Here is one of the covers from the arc:
Doc, that sounds awesome,Damn i want this arc.is it available in TPB ?

My contrbution to the thread




__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver S
Seeing all this Ock in one place again like this makes me all warm and fuzzy. Yeah.
Speaking of warm and fuzzy:



The robe just had to make an appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider
Doc, that sounds awesome,Damn i want this arc.is it available in TPB ?
Thank for the pics hunter

Unfortunately this arc is not available in TPB.Hence my difficulty in tracking it down.I only recently finally got my hands on the last two issues.

Let's see I got two in England when I was visiting Venom_uk,I got three off ebay and the last two I got off http://www.mycomicshop.com/

It's been a hell of a hunt.But well worth the read.One of Ock's finest arcs

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:18 PM   #10
spiderfan08
Side-Kick
 
spiderfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: at band practice
Posts: 2,830
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

everybody should bow down to doc ock!

i colored this picture.


spiderfan08 is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #11
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Whoa spiderfan that rocks

That is one fine colouring job.You got Ock's tentacles just right.And Spider-Man looks awesome.I love it.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:24 PM   #12
spiderfan08
Side-Kick
 
spiderfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: at band practice
Posts: 2,830
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock
Whoa spiderfan that rocks

That is one fine colouring job.You got Ock's tentacles just right.And Spider-Man looks awesome.I love it.

thanx. that was actually one of my first colorings. i cant find many doc ock pics to color, so when i do, i jump right on it.

spiderfan08 is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #13
Silver Sable
Wild Pack Commander
 
Silver Sable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 27,576
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Let's hope this thread won't get deleted again lol


__________________
Avatar by Me

Buddies: Demogoblin,CaptainStacy,Godzilla
Silver Sable is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #14
Symbiotica
Side-Kick
 
Symbiotica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Down among the madmen at Arkham Asylum...
Posts: 10,366
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

One of the greatest Ock pictures ever:



Welcome back, mighty Tentacled One, to thy Lair. Picking up and moving house happens, what can I say? But you know we gotta tease you about this anyways:



[Although if you can't kick back in a fuzzy robe with a cute hood on it in your own Lair, where can ya?]

I never used to care much about Ock till I did a little research, only then did I begin to understand how cool this guy is. He has savoire-faire unmatched amongst the entire rogue's gallery; in fact I cant think of anyone off the top of my head that comes close to matching him for sheer class, Marvel OR DC.

__________________
For innate cruelty of deed, no animal can surpass Woman.- Ragnar Redbeard

Last edited by Symbiotica; 09-30-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Symbiotica is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #15
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Thank you O' divine symbiotic villainess.

You know SM-2 opened the flood gates to alot of new Ock fans.Silver S and Nick are two examples of that.The regular Spidey fans knew all about him but new people went and researched him and then they realised how exciting it will be to see him on screen.And Alfred Molina did not disappoint.

When it comes to class Ock is hard to match.Who else can build a weapon of doom while at the same time smoking a cigar or sipping a drink?? Or fend off a barrage of attacks from scorned super villains without breaking a sweat and smoking a cigarette??

It's the little things like that that endear Ock even more as a villain

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 10:13 PM   #16
Silver Sable
Wild Pack Commander
 
Silver Sable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 27,576
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Hey I found something cute

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9730060/

__________________
Avatar by Me

Buddies: Demogoblin,CaptainStacy,Godzilla
Silver Sable is offline  
Old 09-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #17
Symbiotica
Side-Kick
 
Symbiotica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Down among the madmen at Arkham Asylum...
Posts: 10,366
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock
When it comes to class Ock is hard to match.Who else can build a weapon of doom while at the same time smoking a cigar or sipping a drink?? Or fend off a barrage of attacks from scorned super villains without breaking a sweat and smoking a cigarette??

It's the little things like that that endear Ock even more as a villain
One of my very favorite scenes in 2 was that little snippet we got of Ock seated in his lair, busily unpacking parts for his fusion thingy, building something on his work-table while elegantly lighting a cigar at the same time. That was so great - it was like a scene out of the books come to life.

Ock was really the only reason I bought that DVD. I just skip around to his scenes....

Its not that I don't like Peter/Spidey. I do, really. I just felt we saw nothing new with him this time out. We saw all that in 1, this time he was just more downtrodden. I enjoyed the Spidey scenes and I cared about what happened to him. Great web-swinging and all that. But I felt that as a separate character, Peter didn't endear himself much to me.

There were a lot of things with him that jolted my sensibilites and took me out of the moment. Ock never did that once. Neither did Norman.

__________________
For innate cruelty of deed, no animal can surpass Woman.- Ragnar Redbeard
Symbiotica is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 12:42 AM   #18
Herr Logan
Side-Kick
 
Herr Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In pointless misery
Posts: 12,393
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

I got nothin' to say just now, but I figure I should carve out a space for myself should some brilliant and Octavian come to mind.

*carve*

Oh yeah, I'll say this: What Sym said about the movie was pretty dead on. The only reason I bought the movie was for the Spider/Ock scenes, because they really dropped the ball on this one in ways I'll no doubt rant about later on.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead
Any talented filmmaker worth his salt would be able to stick close to the source material and still make an excellent film.
Safe Haven for Those Who Demand More.
Read the Rules before posting!!

Essay of the year
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Herr Logan is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #19
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 153,029
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock
Speaking of warm and fuzzy:



The robe just had to make an appearance



Thank for the pics hunter

Unfortunately this arc is not available in TPB.Hence my difficulty in tracking it down.I only recently finally got my hands on the last two issues.

Let's see I got two in England when I was visiting Venom_uk,I got three off ebay and the last two I got off http://www.mycomicshop.com/

It's been a hell of a hunt.But well worth the read.One of Ock's finest arcs
Ahhh i had a feeling it would be a difficult one to obtain,thanks for the info
I love the Ock Robe Pic,he looks sinister even when chilling



I love the way he holds his Cigar in his tentacle in this pic

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 06:07 AM   #20
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 153,029
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Ock guesting in other heroes comics





A couple of fans try to emulate the great man





And Finally 2 Ock imposters




__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #21
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
One of my very favorite scenes in 2 was that little snippet we got of Ock seated in his lair, busily unpacking parts for his fusion thingy, building something on his work-table while elegantly lighting a cigar at the same time. That was so great - it was like a scene out of the books come to life.

Ock was really the only reason I bought that DVD. I just skip around to his scenes....

Its not that I don't like Peter/Spidey. I do, really. I just felt we saw nothing new with him this time out. We saw all that in 1, this time he was just more downtrodden. I enjoyed the Spidey scenes and I cared about what happened to him. Great web-swinging and all that. But I felt that as a separate character, Peter didn't endear himself much to me.

There were a lot of things with him that jolted my sensibilites and took me out of the moment. Ock never did that once. Neither did Norman.
Definitely

I also like Jonah Jameson's scenes too.But we all know the reason SM-2 is worth buying is because of Doc Ock.Be proud Alfred Molina.

That scene where he's building his reactor while multi tasking and lighting the cigar was pure Ock.Ripped straight from the comics.Loved it.A shame it only lasted about 30 seconds.

Peter and his whole power loss over MJ thing was a yawner.Now if Ock had bashed and ***** slapped him in their first encounter then I could understand him quitting being Spider-Man.Not because the ginger headed drama queen found yet another man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Logan
I got nothin' to say just now, but I figure I should carve out a space for myself should some brilliant and Octavian come to mind.

*carve*

Oh yeah, I'll say this: What Sym said about the movie was pretty dead on. The only reason I bought the movie was for the Spider/Ock scenes, because they really dropped the ball on this one in ways I'll no doubt rant about later on.

Welcome to the lair Logan.

Here is a fellow brimming with great ideas on what could have been done with Ock in the movies.Not to mention his comic knowledge of Ock ain't half bad either

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider

Are the tentacles coming out of his ass there?? o_O

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #22
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 153,029
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock


Are the tentacles coming out of his ass there?? o_O


This pic is one of my fav's,Doc Ock Big Pimpin' style


__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 08:59 AM   #23
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 49,231
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

I love that pic hunter.Look at the snarl on his face.He looks pissed.And I pity the person he's angry at

Lets have some animations to spruce things up:






There we go.Molina rules

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #24
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing
 
Electro UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mega-City 01
Posts: 14,306
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

Yes! The lair returns! I knew it couldn't be gone long! 2 days ago I got Spider-man 2 UMD movie through the mail for my PSP (Playstation Portable) I went to bed last night, and sat and watched the whole thing in the dark!

It was great, clear, qualtiy picture and brilliant sound. Nice and cozy to hold the movie in your hands when you lay in bed too.

__________________
"That's what you think, Judge!"
"That's what I know, creep!"

Last edited by Electro UK; 10-01-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Electro UK is offline  
Old 10-01-2005, 10:13 AM   #25
SpideyLad
Turning It Up To Eleven
 
SpideyLad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,329
Default Re: Doc Ock's lair

It's back! Excellent

__________________
The Doctor: Hello, I'm The Doctor. Basically...Run.
SpideyLad is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.