The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 12-19-2005, 04:08 PM   #251
Mr Nick
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ask MSJ Part 3

Well said, Genosha. We're behind you 100%, Mark.

Mr Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #252
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Cool Re: Ask MSJ Part 3

MSG thanks for answering my questions before. Here's some more:

1) Were you ever even approached to make a Daredevil Sequel by Fox? Has there been any talk about it in your circles with or without Affleck.

2) With the long wait...Are you going to be doing any test screenings early to get some more feedback. You have plenty of time to add footage, do reshoots, etc...if needed.

3) Sorry if this has already been asked: What's the approximate running time of Ghost Rider? 1.5 hours, 2 hours, 2+ hours?

4) Just a fan curious question. Say Nic Cage chose not to do Ghost Rider or couldn't do it with his schedule...what other names were on the list to play Ghost Rider? Were there any back ups?

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #253
Mr Nick
Side-Kick

Q: Did you ever consider keeping Ghost Rider himself under wraps right until the movie came out?

Mr Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #254
The Guardian
Forever In Darkness

Cool Re: Ask MSJ Part 3

MSJ, I JUST SAW GHOST RIDER REVEALED ON THE OFFICIAL SITE AND HE LOOKS AWESOME, THANK YOU FOR COMING HERE AND LISTENING TO OUR OPINIONS AND OUR RAMBLINGS! YOU AND YOUR TEAM ARE DOING A FENOMINAL JOB AND I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT, THANKS AGAIN FOR ANSWERING OUR QUESTIONS AND JUST FOR HANGING OUT WITH A BUNCH OF COMIC GEEKS.

The Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #255
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Hell yeah that looks bad asssss. That scene of him sitting on the bike blew me away. I want that as an avatar.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #256
Movies205
Corporate Money

What exactly is Sony expecting from this film in terms gross? I'm curious because it's been move to febuary and also the budget numbers being thrown out range from 50-100 mil. Also considering the fact that Constantine which is a similar movie did pretty well in nearly the same spot but that only manage to garner 75 mil, and Hellboy only did about 60 mil so the question is, what exactly are Sony's expectations for this film?

Also this is your second superhero film, and it's also the second time you casted a well-known actor. This seems to fly in the face of what has now become the formula for super-hero films which is cast unknowns. I was wondering did this happen to fall like that or is it easier working with seasoned actors?

Last edited by Movies205; 12-20-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Movies205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #257
Edd Extraordinaire
Banned User

Hi Mark, thanks for answering all the questions my fellow hypsters have been asking, it is a great thing for the director of an upcoming super-hero flick to answer the questions of his fans on a constant basis.

I have two questions, one about DD and one about Ghost Rider:

1. I'm not sure if you've been asked this, you probably have, but who besides Affleck and Farrell did you have in mind for DD and Bullseye?

2. You've stated that GR is like a "gothic western", is there any way to describe that a little more detailed so we can get a feel for the movie?

Thank you.

Edd.

Edd Extraordinaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #258
YJ1
Armed and Dangerous

Thumbs up Re: Ask MSJ Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosha
I loved Daredevil. The theatrical cut was cool, but the Director's Cut was even better.

You have a great visual style and when it came to DD, you just really got him perfect.

Don't take the criticism of DD or the skepticism of Ghost Rider too hard. You DO have a lot of fans and supporters out there, like me. And I know Ghost Rider is going to be a great comic-book movie
Ditto. I thoroughly enjoyed Daredevil. I think Avi Arad/Marvel knows that MSJ is an exceptional talent. With Marvel making their own slate of films now, don't be surprised to see other Marvel characters soon on MSJ's plate.

Daredevil made too much money to ignore long-term. Fox may want to let the anti-Affleck buzz die down but if they fail to act, the Daredevil rights will eventually revert back to Marvel. Then, you'll see a DD2 with them (and hopefully MSJ) in full control. So, saying we'll never see a DD2 is wrong. It just may take a while.

I'm a huge Marvel fan but know very little about Ghost Rider. When he wasn't running around with The Champions or in a mainstream book, I can't say I followed the character. Even so, MSJ has done his job here because I'm officially jacked for this movie.

Marvel needs to start production on their new slate soon. Cap will be first up in 2008. Can you say... Captain America, a film by Mark Steven Johnson?

YJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 AM   #259
HellHead
Side-Kick

1. Will the release date change have any effect on the rating, or is PG-13 still the official? And if so, is the usual unrated DVD gig gonna happen and would it be any different than the theatrical release as the DareDevil DVD was?

2. How long into the movie until Blaze actually becomes The Rider and will he have more screentime than Blaze? I'm always one for cutting straight to the chase, but understand the need for intros and such for the plot and story explanations.

Wicked job on the reveal, too. Some excellent drops of blood for us very hungry sharks.

HellHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #260
Cole Burns

Hi Mark, I was wondering if the new short with no sound was shot outside the Little Lonsdale Street garage set? The door in the background on the right looked real familar. I know this is crappy question of absolute no importance but I loved cruising around that set on weekends, soaking in the feel of the dirty back street garage. It was sad to see that thing come down.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:24 AM   #261
Advanced Dark
Banned User

MSJ,

For Ghost Rider 2 (putting studio rights aside for a moment) do you see any cross over potential for Ghost Rider, or any other semi-popular Marvel characters making a cameo or having a small role? Dr. Strange? Punisher? Adam Warlock? I think it'd be great to see Ghost Rider going after a baddie and crossing paths with the Punisher. They're both on separate missions they bump into one another...they look at each other briefly, Ghost Rider would nod his head in approval, then they'd keep going on their own path.

Not that it would happen but I'd actually think it'd be quite cool. Sony and LGF did work together on Punisher at least for International distribution.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:36 AM   #262
HellHead
Side-Kick

I'm a huge Punisher fan, so that would be badass. If you think about it, they have basically the same vendetta when it comes to ridding the earth of scum. Makes me think of the Wolverine/Punisher thing they did not too long ago.

HellHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #263
Elektra_Kirigi
Side-Kick

MSJ I have a few questions but before, I want to say that I loved DD and b/c of that I can't wait for GR! The lil clip looks awesome! Anyways....

1. Is there any progression with DD2? If so will u be introducing a new villian or with the Kingpin and good ol Bullseye be back (or both possiblities).

2. I personally haven't read many GR comics, but b/c u r directing, I have been into the movie. Is there anything inperticular (spelling) that I should read? I no Barnes and Nobles has the Essentials to GR, but is that all? The DD movie got me into reading DD and Elektra and now I really want to read GR, so...

3. Finally. Have you ever thought about making and Elektra film? U wrote and directed her soooo well in DD and a lot of ppl are saying that u should direct a sequel or a kind of revamp like Batman Begins for her in a few years. Possibility?

Elektra_Kirigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:38 PM   #264
InVictus
Side-Kick

Uhmmm in the Ghost Rider/Punisher crossover actually there was some grudge about GR serving vengeance whereas Punisher serving death...and GR quite owned him, but they did get along quite well...

InVictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #265
SonOfTheDark
Side-Kick

Hiho Mr. Johnson!

I also have a few questions for you. Sorry if they were asked before! Here we go:

1. Im not really familiar with the GR comics at all, but I would like to know if there is any portrayal of hell itself and how different it is from other movies like "Constantine" and films like that?

2. So, this movie is very rich in FX stuff and has a big budget. But GR isn`t as well-known as other Marvel characters, such as Spider-Man or X-Men for example. And this will be the first movie in a possible series. Do you think that this could be a disadvantage at the boxoffice? Will there be a huge marketing campagne for the film?

3. Now this is dark and gritty material with all the hell stuff and a kind of "Bounty Hunter" in the lead. It is a huge movie, but I heard that it will stay true to the spirit of the comics, so is there any chance that it will be rated R?

4. Will there be any backstory in the movie around the Medallion, Zarathos and Mephisto through flashbacks? And will Noble Kale, Badilino or John`s brother Daniel play any role in this or in future GR films probably?

5. Which part was intended for Jon Voight before he left the project?

I wish you all the best and I hope that Ghost Rider will rock

Ok that was it. Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Vienna

SonOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #266
ANGEL_of_WAR

Default ASK MSJ (The Complete History)

Since the other thread was so long and MSJ already answered a lot of the questions in his newest post, here's another thread.

Sir,

In the comice Blaze and Danny Ketch ended up becoming "partners" of a sort, and although I don't remember it being resolved, it was hinted there were originally 4 Ghost Riders on flaming horses. Will this movie (or a sequel) cover these other GRs, and will Dan Ketch make an appearance?

Thanks for the time, looking forward to GR more than any other film!

Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #267
Riding Ghost
Side-Kick

Cool Re: ASK MSJ part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGEL_of_WAR
and will Dan Ketch make an appearance?
MSJ already answered that question. He said -- Hell No. Moma didn't raise no fool!!

I believe his exact words were "anything is possible"

Last edited by Riding Ghost; 12-23-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Riding Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:37 PM   #268
Weapon M
Secret Master Assassin

Great have your question and answer segment at 4 in the afternoon when everyone else is at work, or doing something, couldnt think of doing it in the evening where more people would be on? or was this a christmas present for the true geeks out there. The ones that are always home 24/7?

Old 12-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #269
Weapon M
Secret Master Assassin

Default Re: ASK MSJ part IV

Great have your question and answer segment at 4 in the afternoon when everyone else is at work, or doing something, couldnt think of doing it in the evening where more people would be on? or was this a christmas present for the true geeks out there. The ones that are always home 24/7?

Old 12-23-2005, 10:56 PM   #270
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Default Re: ASK MSJ part IV

Hey MJ could you merge this thread with part 3?

There are a load of questions unanswered in the 3rd thread.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:32 AM   #271
Robot Komakino
Side-Kick

Default Msj

I just have to say I have never really read Ghostrider all too much. I just know the basic story. But for you to actually come on the boards and get feedback, and answer all these questions is just awesome. I wish every person would do that. Keep up the great work, and I am looking forward to the movie.

Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man who watches everything. & there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you!

George Carlin

Last edited by Robot Komakino; 12-24-2005 at 04:39 AM.
Robot Komakino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:18 AM   #272
Uncanny Orb
That Guy With One Eye.

^^^ I have seen this post in three different threads^^^

Old 12-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #273
Captain Villa
Side-Kick

Thank you MSJ.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #274
Captain Villa
Side-Kick

Thank you MSJ.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:55 PM   #275
SpHinX
Side-Kick

I've been looking forward to this movie, and now even more.. But it sucks it was moved back to 2007 And yeah, DDC kicked ass

SpHinX is offline   Reply With Quote