FlameHead
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ask MSJ....part 2

LOL. True enough.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #177
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Default Ask MSJ Part 3

Well considering there isn't much going on right now in the Ghost Rider news world I think it is time to ask MSJ some more questions and hopefully he will come back to answer them.

1. How is the CGI coming along? Anything special would should know about?

2. Is there a specific date where you plan to have marketing go into full gear? When can we expect to see Ghost Rider being seen everywhere by the public?

3. The July 14th release. Was the release date changed to this for any reason? Are you going to be done with the post production earlier than expected?

Old 10-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #178
Uncanny Orb
That Guy With One Eye.

Default Re: Ask MSJ Part 3

I'm wondering if the bike operates on it's own or can be controlled by GR when he's not on it.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:15 AM   #179
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Great idea Red. Hope he gets a chance to see this.

The only question I have at this moment (and it ties into your 2nd question Red) is when are we gettin' a teaser/trailer? We're all dyin' to see it.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:28 AM   #180
Mr Nick
Side-Kick

A few that come to mind:

1. How's it hangin' and how's the post-production going?

2. We know you've heard GR's voice (damn you!) But have the CG elements of Ghost Rider been finalised and, if so, how do they look?

3. Can you give any firm details on the composer or songs to be featured in the movie? There've been LOTS of ideas posted here on the Hype!

4. When can we expect to see a Ghost Rider trailer?

5. What's the most challenging thing you're facing in the post-production process?

Mr Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #181
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameHead
Great idea Red. Hope he gets a chance to see this.

The only question I have at this moment (and it ties into your 2nd question Red) is when are we gettin' a teaser/trailer? We're all dyin' to see it.
Well I think we have basically seen it already. I think the real question is when are we going to see the one with Ghost Rider in it.

And I have another question I am not sure if it has been answered in the past though.

Are there any cliffhangers or setups in the movie for the future? Or has this been shot as a solo film on its own? Like in Batman Begins where at the end we see certain things that lead into the sequel.

Last edited by RedIsNotBlue; 10-14-2005 at 08:19 AM.
RedIsNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #182
Kuato
Side-Kick

Like everybody else here I want to know when to expect a trailer of some sort.

When is the official teaster poster due?

When can we expect promotional photos of not just Cage but Eva Mendes, Peter Fonda, Wes Bentley, etc.?

How intense is the studio pressure when the film comes out after X3 and Superman? Do you think it will be hinderance to the film's Box Office prospects or a benefit?

What is Eva Mendes' phone number?

Last edited by Kuato; 10-14-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Kuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #183
blades_shades
Banned User

Hey I have a question or 2.

1) What the hell is the budget of Ghost Rider??? First we heard 40 million, then 50 million, then some site said over 100 million (which I doubt). Can you give us a budget range???

2) Have you already started thinking about Ghost Rider 2, and if the first one is profitable enough...has Cage expressed interest in making more than 1 film? I know Marvel almost always make studios sign their big actors for 3 pic deals...but I somehow doubt Cage signed for Ghost Rider 1-3. Did he?

3) What other properties would you love a shot at? I've asked several directors including Goyer and all of them expressed interest in several properties...but the two constants funny enough were Thor and Silver Surfer.

4) Lastly since you're working with Sony on Ghost Rider have you heard anything on Luke Cage through the grapevine??? Obviously Nick is attached to that character by his name so he might have enough fan based interest to ask questions. From everything I know everyone is ready for this film but Sony and Singleton seems like his hands are tied.

blades_shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #184
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Another question; Was Jonathan Hensleigh a writer (or attached in anyway) on this flick? We read on a couple of movie places that he was. Most of us wouldn't believe it until it was posted on IMDB (which is isn't still) but are still interested to know for sure.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #185
Triligors
Banned User

Have you used pictures of Ghost Rider and certain poses while directing the film, like you used Daredevil classic pictures for certain snap shots in the film?

MSJ mentioned this in the commentary, and as a DD fan I found all of these "inside references" to be great. Especially the staging of the Bullseye/Elektra fight. Reminded me note for note of the same panels from the comic book.

Triligors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 PM   #186
Caliber
Side-Kick

How is the soundtrack coming along?
Is it going to be a score?
I don't know if this has been asked but can you descrbe how BlackHeart will look like?

The very meaningless of life forces man to to create his own meaning- Stanley Kubrick

Avvy by Hunter Rider
Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:12 PM   #187
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber
How is the soundtrack coming along?
Is it going to be a score?
I don't know if this has been asked but can you descrbe how BlackHeart will look like?
Those are answered here

Old 10-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #188
Elektra_Kirigi
Side-Kick

I Have a few:

1. Why was the release date moved up almost a full month? It's not like I'm not happy b/c the sooner, the better, but I'm concerned with will it give u enough time to prefect GR?

2. Avi Arad said that GR faces "a tidal wave" becuase he say "A Perfect Storm" blah blah WTH? I don't get what that means.

3. Does the Caretaker play the role of like Alfred or (not really) but the Preist from DD, someone he can talk to and find confort in?

4. How long of the first Act is young Johnny Blaze in? 15-20 minutes, almost like young Matt in DD?

Elektra_Kirigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #189
Kuato
Side-Kick

I have to say that I hope a little less time is spent on the young Johnny Blaze as compared to the young Matt Murdoch stuff from Daredevil. Or at least Ghost Rider has a longer running time to focus on the characters in the present.

Kuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #190
FlameHead
Side-Kick

One more question from me; How involved is Nic Cage in the process at this point?

Old 10-22-2005, 12:18 PM   #191
skorponok
----------

1. the IMDB has the composer listed as David Arnold who has also scored films such as CHANGING LANES, DIE ANOTHER DAY, and others, have you had meetings with him as of yet?

2. Daredevil 2...and Avi Arad's quote of saying "we'd make it in a second if we got the rights back from FOX"

skorponok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:23 PM   #192
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

Hmmm...
wanted to ask something that hasnt been thought of before....hopefully these havent:

1. How important do you feel fan input is on these type of films? Daredevil had quite a bit of input (both positive and negative) and did this have any effect on how you would handle Ghost Rider?

2. Many directors feel each new film that they do is a learning experience so that they can improve on their next project. Were there any lessons that you learned from working on Daredevil?

BIGGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:05 PM   #193
Darth Elektra
Film.

I loved his work! and I think he's the best director out there for GR,my questions would have to be:

1. Whats the Budget?
2.When is the trailer coming out?
3.Whats after GR,for you?(I really liked his work on DD!) Is there a sequel in the works?

Darth Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #194
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Mainly just to bump this thread a little, I wanna ask another question; Does this movie lend itself to sequals or are you only concentrating on a solo movie at this time?

Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #195
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

We have recently seen a possible toy line up with the following names. Gressel, Scarecrow, and Vengence. Are they in the movie?

Old 11-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #196
Mononoke

In the Daredevil commentary, you mentioned the movie having an anime vibe, with the fluorescent lighting in the court room and train station scenes. Any more of that in GR?

Old 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #197
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Good questions guys... but, it looks like Mark is too busy with the movie to answer questions, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #198
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Good questions guys... but, it looks like Mark is too busy with the movie to answer questions, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 PM   #199
FlameHead
Side-Kick

LOL. Nice pic.

You're right though.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:05 PM   #200
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
LOL. Nice pic.

You're right though.
Haha...just saying that MSJ comes out of nowhere.