The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #351
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

Default Re: The Official Psylocke/Mei Melancon Thread

According to Mei, they did have scenes with her using her psi blades, it just wasn't in the final cut of the movie.

The Dark Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #352
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire
It's really sad when you convince yourself characters don't die just because you like them.
Or because there's no proof that they're dead.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #353
snowball_83
Side-Kick

I wish they didn't kill her off so she could return for X4 (presuming there will be one).

snowball_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #354
phoenixstorm
Side-Kick

I would just like to say it doesn't matter. Psylocke has died how many times in the comic book? Colossus has died. He's back. Jean died. She's back. Prof X died. He's back. Storm died. She's back.

Everyone in the comic has died and come back. Its the biggest soap opera crap ever. so really it doesnt matter who died because a writer can always, always, come up with an excuse to bring them back. period.

phoenixstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #355
Exploding Boy
Side-Kick

Well we arent talking about a comic book, we're talking about a movie based on a comic book. There is a difference. Otherwise the movies would be just like the comics, which they arent at all.

Exploding Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #356
AVP82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixstorm
I would just like to say it doesn't matter. Psylocke has died how many times in the comic book? Colossus has died. He's back. Jean died. She's back. Prof X died. He's back. Storm died. She's back.

Everyone in the comic has died and come back. Its the biggest soap opera crap ever. so really it doesnt matter who died because a writer can always, always, come up with an excuse to bring them back. period.
As long as they have a plausible reason for coming back.

AVP82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #357
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Boy
Well we arent talking about a comic book, we're talking about a movie based on a comic book. There is a difference. Otherwise the movies would be just like the comics, which they arent at all.
Yeah, in the case of the first two movies they aren't at all, because the comics didn't suck.

And they've already done the died and come back with atleast two characters in the movies.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #358
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Considering Ratner and the writers kept teasing that cyke may come back in X4, and the fact that they didnt show him being atomized leads me to believe they left it in the open. if they wanted to flat out kill scott, we'd see him die like prof x did,so stop with the pompous "You guys are losers for thinking hes alive" attitude.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #359
Nibune
Side-Kick

For the record after just back from my second screening of X3
I noticed that you dont see Psylocke get killed on screen
You assume she does because you see Kid Omega and Arclight gets killed
but technically you never see her get killed

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 PM   #360
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

That wasn't Psylocke. It was just another Asian female mutant with purple hair, and a red tattoo over her eye. Arclight & Quill have dozens of friends who look like that.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #361
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

I agree Nibune.

I saw X3 over the weekend. And, I paid attention to that scene.

When the 3 of them run out of the door to escape, Psy is clearly off to the right, when Quill and Arclight explode.

I mean, why not show all 3 of them explode? They showed all 3 of them run out of the door. Why only show Quill and Arclight clearly exploding?

Yes, you assume Psy died, just as you assume Cyclops died. But, in both cases, they never clearly showed either character exploding. Whereas, for other characters, like Quill, Arclight, and Prof X, they clearly show them exploding.

Also, I found it interesting that Psy was never really part of the main "posse." Callisto's right hand man and woman were clearly Quill and Arclight. They were always by Callisto's side, just as Pyro was, for the most part, by Magneto's side. And, Juggernaut later was always by magneto's side.

But, Psy was never in that group. She only spoke up once in the church, and then appeared at the end to help kill Angel's dad.

X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 PM   #362
Nibune
Side-Kick

It's a strech people like Cyclops is a strech but its one im willing to make

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #363
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-bats
I agree Nibune.

I saw X3 over the weekend. And, I paid attention to that scene.

When the 3 of them run out of the door to escape, Psy is clearly off to the right, when Quill and Arclight explode.

I mean, why not show all 3 of them explode? They showed all 3 of them run out of the door. Why only show Quill and Arclight clearly exploding?

Yes, you assume Psy died, just as you assume Cyclops died. But, in both cases, they never clearly showed either character exploding. Whereas, for other characters, like Quill, Arclight, and Prof X, they clearly show them exploding.
Agreed

Quote:
Also, I found it interesting that Psy was never really part of the main "posse." Callisto's right hand man and woman were clearly Quill and Arclight. They were always by Callisto's side, just as Pyro was, for the most part, by Magneto's side. And, Juggernaut later was always by magneto's side.

But, Psy was never in that group. She only spoke up once in the church, and then appeared at the end to help kill Angel's dad.
What a total and utter waste of a great character.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:16 PM   #364
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

And, regardless, Psy seemed to be a superfluous character. She was completely wasted, because she didn't do anything, didn't even need to be there, and didn't even get to use her most recognizable power....her psiblade.

I mean, that's like having Gambit without the kinetically charged cards, or Cyclops without his optic blasts, or Nightcrawler without his teleportation.

As I said above, Quill ( or kid omega ) and Arclight are clearly Callisto's main henchmen. Couldn't those 2 alone easily have killed Angel's dad and the doctor lady?

I mean, it's so simple. Arclight could've killed both with just one shockwave of hers. Or, Quill could've killed the doctor first, and then he and Arclight drag the dad to the rooftop to throw him off.

Why even have Psy?

Old 05-31-2006, 09:16 PM   #365
dred one
Onikage

it did show her exploding but heck they could say she teleported but then jean didn't let nightcrawler teleport in x2 but whatever

dred one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #366
Ursavior01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387
LOL. You're right. It was Revanche.

Maybe on you're screen but mine had all 3 of them onscreen as I said.

I agree with Cyclops, but it showed Psy "exploding".

I don't know what version you saw, but it clear shows the camera panned away from Psy. You can either take it as she died or didn't die. I think you need to rewatch the movie.

Ursavior01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:19 PM   #367
Ursavior01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dred one
it did show her exploding but heck they could say she teleported but then jean didn't let nightcrawler teleport in x2 but whatever

No it didn't. Go watch it again. The camera pans away from her.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:20 PM   #368
Ursavior01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seeing Psy die 3 times was enough for me thank you.
Why don't you describe how you saw it.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #369
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

X4 opening scene:

A lithe female recognises the aura as she stumbles upon some demolecularised remains. Suddenly the angered mutant assasin known as Psylocke screams "Who did this to my butt double?"

Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 PM   #370
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

Or, as I've said before, instead of giving Quill and Arclight, who are certainly not famous characters ( no offense to their fans ), they could've given their roles to some popular X characters.

Y'know, like have Psy and Gambit be Callisto's right hand woman and man. IMO, Gambit and Psy would've made a very dangerous pair. Fast. Deadly. Efficient. Stealthy. Those two could've easily infiltrated Alcatraz to kill Angel's dad and the doctor lady.

And, they could've given the younger X-men a run for their money.

Plus, instead of killing such popular characters, and pissing off their fanbase in the process, you could've made them neutral by the end of the movie....thus setting up their conversion to the good side in a future movie.

For example, they could've been injured and left for dead by Magneto and company, or appalled that they had to kill Leech, a little kid. The younger Xmen, like Rogue if she were at the battle scene, could've saved them at the end. Thus, they would join the Xmen in a future movie.

I mean, there were so many good scenarios they could've used. Instead, they didn't include Gambit for the 3rd time. They completely wasted, and most likely killed off, a popular character like Psy. And, they spent their resources on relatively unknown characters, like Quill and Arclight, without giving them much or making them interesting.

Such great potential.........poor execution.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 PM   #371
Ursavior01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Phoenix is being her crazy self demolecularizing soldiers, the X-Jet, etc. Arclight, Kid Omega/Quills, and Psylocke come running out of the building showing their full selves, Phoenix demolecularizes them by the time Psylocke's left shoulder at the end of the screen.

So your description suggesting that the camera did panned away from Psy. Am I right on that call.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:33 PM   #372
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

but....still........why not fully show Psy exploding, as they did with Quill and Arclight.......why keep her off the screen, at all?

I mean, why keep it ambiguous? Clearly, some people here, including me, say they didn't really show it, while other say she did explode.

So, why couldn't they give her a full screen death, like Quill and Arclight? Why kill her off screen? Why even have her at all?

I guess, even in death, movie Psy got screwed.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:35 PM   #373
Ursavior01
Side-Kick

Quote:
but....still........why not fully show Psy exploding, as they did with Quill and Arclight.......why keep her off the screen, at all?

I mean, why keep it ambiguous? Clearly, some people here, including me, say they didn't really show it, while other say she did explode.

So, why couldn't they give her a full screen death, like Quill and Arclight? Why kill her off screen? Why even have her at all?

Well Mei says in her interview that it was an introduction to her character and so that's why her death is left into interpretations.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:37 PM   #374
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:

Everything about Psylocke was so low key that I'm guessing the general movie going public would have few complaints if she turned up in a future sequel without explanation, as long as she looked different (which is what I was hoping for anyway). Her name wasn't mentioned anywhere except the credits as far as I can remember - correct me if I missed it.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #375
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

not only was her name not mentioned in the movie ( don't know about the credits, as I forgot to look ), but she didn't even use her trademark power.....her psiblades.

To the general audience, she was just a nameless mutant who could blend into walls. If she didn't have purple hair, and I didn't visit these boards, I wouldn't even know that was Psy.