The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Products

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #326
Streeter1981
Side-Kick

Default Re: Custom Superman Costume

Hey...it's been awhile since I've been on this board. Usually on the Spidey suit one!

Anyway, I finally got around to making a muscle suit to "augment my powers." It went pretty well! Here's a video montage of it!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7spjdf5M1CQ

Streeter1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #327
Damien Rage
Side-Kick

Dude that's awesome. I want one. Nice job!

Damien Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #328
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Nice video, and very nice of you to put instructions at the end. The suit looks great.

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #329
Streeter1981
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El Fan View Post
Nice video, and very nice of you to put instructions at the end. The suit looks great.
lol thanks!

Hey WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING FOR HALLOWEEN? I have NO idea what I'm going to do ...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #330
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

We've got nothing special planned, but if I get my materials in on time, I'll probably be wearing my new SR suit when we take the kids out Trick or Treating.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #331
zman
Side-Kick

nu-foam hun? I'm gonna have to check that out! well done!! as for me, I wanted to show you this belt I just completed, made of urethane:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

By the way I went on this website: http://www.poly-fil.com/nufoam.asp, and I can't find foam thinner than 1 inch! Streeter, how thick was the foam you used?

Last edited by zman; 10-18-2007 at 11:49 PM.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #332
Magicchic

Hello all,
I'm new around here but this seems to be the place for costume talk.
First, the links I have for KMD theatrics don't seem to work does anyone have a website address that is good? I'm looking to have a Wonder Woman suit and I understand Kelly is the man. I've seen alot of his work and I agree.
Second, is there anyone else's work I should know about for this?
I tend to find most Wonder woman costumes look thin and cheap and I'm not a fan of the sew-on gold, after all it is suppose to be amour. I have Alex Ross in mind. I think I will make the chest plate myself unless I can find someone who would do a better job.
Anyway, thanks much...I look forward to what you guys have to say, oh, and if I'm better posting this elsewhere on this board let me know.

Morgan

Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 AM   #333
Damien Rage
Side-Kick

Morgan - Welcome to the SHH boards. There are alot of talented people here who are also very nice. They have answered alot of questions for me and I am sure they will be able to head you in the right direction.

In response to Streeter1981 - Some people form a restaurant at my hotel are having a party on the 29th. I'm not sure what I'm doing on the 31st, probly go to whatever I find is going on that night. My room mate said I should go Downtown (Orlando) dressed in a suit & tie, run down Orange Ave all the while stripping to reveal Superman underneath. I said sure if I had stripper pants and you follow me to pick up my clothes and video me incase I fall so it can be put on youtube...because seeing Superman stumble and land face down in the street would be mad funny.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #334
supermanrtrns31

I keep asking what color for the trunks, etc. and then I remembered I had
bought a sr cape fabric card off ebay. I have the exact color sitting in my
room. duh!!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #335
Matt Alan
Side-Kick

Th Confused Re: Custom Superman Costume

Hi everyone this is going to be my first post. So please don't kill me with critisim lol. (I have actually had that happen on other sites before). I am going to try to make a Superboy fan film and wanted to know what you guys thought of which costume to use. So these are the three:

1940s black 's': http://www.rincondelvago.com/informa...1_Superman.jpg
1950-1990s: http://www.supermantv.net/georgereev...p-superman.jpg
http://www.supermanimagery.com/images/Fortress/S1-2.jpg
2000-2007 (darker colors): http://www.supermantv.net/images/loi.../dean-cain.jpg
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...20superman.jpg

Matt Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #336
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Hey, Matt. Welcome. My advice would be to decide what the overall feel or theme of your movie is going to be, then create a suit that will match that.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #337
Streeter1981
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
nu-foam hun? I'm gonna have to check that out! well done!! as for me, I wanted to show you this belt I just completed, made of urethane:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

By the way I went on this website: http://www.poly-fil.com/nufoam.asp, and I can't find foam thinner than 1 inch! Streeter, how thick was the foam you used?
You can find the right type of foam at Wal-Mart!! And I had to cut the foam to the right thickness, so just whatever you want for how big you want the muscles to look -- mine probably ranged from 1" to 1/4" thick

Old 10-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #338
Streeter1981
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Rage View Post
In response to Streeter1981 - Some people form a restaurant at my hotel are having a party on the 29th. I'm not sure what I'm doing on the 31st, probly go to whatever I find is going on that night. My room mate said I should go Downtown (Orlando) dressed in a suit & tie, run down Orange Ave all the while stripping to reveal Superman underneath. I said sure if I had stripper pants and you follow me to pick up my clothes and video me incase I fall so it can be put on youtube...because seeing Superman stumble and land face down in the street would be mad funny.
Nice! I wish I had a party to go to, but NOBODY I know is doing anything! And I can't throw a party at my condo ... and I hate the bar/club thing...

Old 10-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #339
Matt Alan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hey, Matt. Welcome. My advice would be to decide what the overall feel or theme of your movie is going to be, then create a suit that will match that.
Thank you. That is the best advice I have gotten on the subject from anyone.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:33 AM   #340
Damien Rage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streeter1981 View Post
Nice! I wish I had a party to go to, but NOBODY I know is doing anything! And I can't throw a party at my condo ... and I hate the bar/club thing...
bummer =( One thing I didn't like about living in a condo.

A friend of mine at work said sh'e having a party at her house for the us (culinary banquet kitchen) on the 31st.
So I got my plans...AND...impoatantly I know I will be safe, amid friends & family. PLUS...I can crash if I drink to much =^)

Still going to see whats around town to try and do a contest.

Streeter I hope something turns up for you...if nothing else I'm sure you will leave the trick-or-treaters amazed by your awesome suit!

peace

Old 10-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #341
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

Quote:
Someone is selling a "New Frontier" style costume on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPERMAN-COSTUME...QQcmdZViewItem
Wow that's awesome, I was just wondering what it'd look like in real life. Too bad that guy doesn't exactly have a superman physique...

spiderfan970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #342
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Alan View Post
Hi everyone this is going to be my first post. So please don't kill me with critisim lol. (I have actually had that happen on other sites before). I am going to try to make a Superboy fan film and wanted to know what you guys thought of which costume to use. So these are the three:

1940s black 's': http://www.rincondelvago.com/informa...1_Superman.jpg
1950-1990s: http://www.supermantv.net/georgereev...p-superman.jpg
http://www.supermanimagery.com/images/Fortress/S1-2.jpg
2000-2007 (darker colors): http://www.supermantv.net/images/loi.../dean-cain.jpg
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...20superman.jpg
Personally, I think it'd be really cool if you made live action Fleischer. Go all out with art deco and the 40s costume.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #343
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

That would be cool, especially if you could emmulate that in the buildings and sets you are using. I like how they tried to mix the art deco styles with the modern technology and scenes in Superman Returns, it creates a kind of "timeless" feel.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #344
Matt Alan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderfan970 View Post
Personally, I think it'd be really cool if you made live action Fleischer. Go all out with art deco and the 40s costume.
I was actually think that, but wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to go with the kingdom come one but wanted black behind the \s/. And a yellow border but the more I thought about it I wasn't sure if anyone would recognize it. Thank you. I could make two of the same. I would use the Reeve costume and the Fleischer. But I don't that would be a lot of work. I am not exactly sure what to do, but will let anyone who wants to know, know about it, and keep them updated.

And by the way, was there ever a superman comic that used the red and black \s/ and the yellow border. The first action comic, at least to my knowledge had a yellow back fro the red \s/.

And I did mention this is Superboy fan film not Superman, so I am not sure if that is the way to go, but since I am the director I can do what ever I want it to be.

Last edited by Matt Alan; 10-22-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #345
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

I think it'd be totally badass to have 40s superboy. You could do the ocean liner art deco like in STAS but make it even MORE deco (STAS was also pretty modern). I think it'd be cool to mix those elements of design with the elements of the 50s (i.e. Superboy, Supergirl, Krypto, Lex the mad scientist) Maybe make it like a sky captain sort of movie serial thing?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #346
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Alan View Post
I was actually think that, but wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to go with the kingdom come one but wanted black behind the \s/. And a yellow border but the more I thought about it I wasn't sure if anyone would recognize it. Thank you. I could make two of the same. I would use the Reeve costume and the Fleischer. But I don't that would be a lot of work. I am not exactly sure what to do, but will let anyone who wants to know, know about it, and keep them updated.

And by the way, was there ever a superman comic that used the red and black \s/ and the yellow border. The first action comic, at least to my knowledge had a yellow back fro the red \s/.

And I did mention this is Superboy fan film not Superman, so I am not sure if that is the way to go, but since I am the director I can do what ever I want it to be.
This is a FAN film, and the FANS will recognize the Fleischer "S." Like you said, this is YOUR movie, bring your dreams to life!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #347
Matt Alan
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is a FAN film, and the FANS will recognize the Fleischer "S." Like you said, this is YOUR movie, bring your dreams to life!
Thank you. I will.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #348
Super Kal
Side-Kick

I would absolutely LOVE to see a Fleischer movie... even a fan made one

Old 10-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #349
Matt Alan
Side-Kick

Just one question for all you who want me to use the Fleischer version I was trying to base to off the comics the best I could and do what everyone wanted so is the Fleischer version backed up by any comics if not I may do the first one normal and the second one Fleisher (which would be the same as the first just with Fleishcer costume.) I am just trying to make it as comic based as possible. Thanks

Old 10-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #350
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

Yes, it has been colored that way before. Remember the picture of Superman breaking the chains wrapped around his chest? It's on the back of the Superman: The Complete History book.