The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 02-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #26
explode7
Banned User

Default Re: Superman 2-who do you want to direct?

No director want nothing do with superman. They just do it for the money and to make their resumes bigger.

explode7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #27
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

People, don't listen Explode7!

He is crazy fan.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #28
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Brett Ratner. He seems to be combining everything Singer did right and fixing everything Singer did wrong on X-men...no reason he couldn't do that here.
I think Ratner is a decent director. But I have some serious doubts about both his ability to knock a Superman movie out of the park, and his ability to deal with the script and time-frame that FOX gave him.

Not only that, but a ton of people feel that there's nothing to 'fix' from X1/X2. (I fall in that category)

Quote:
Alternativley...James Cameron, who is a fantastic sci-fi director. David Fincher...just because he's David Fincher. Or Peter Jackson who knows how to make epics.
Cameron would be sweet as well.

Pickle-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #29
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemaman
People, don't listen Explode7!

He is crazy fan.

Classic.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:46 PM   #30
krisboyuk
Side-Kick

Ugh...

Old 02-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #31
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-El
I think Ratner is a decent director. But I have some serious doubts about both his ability to knock a Superman movie out of the park, and his ability to deal with the script and time-frame that FOX gave him.

Not only that, but a ton of people feel that there's nothing to 'fix' from X1/X2. (I fall in that category)

Cameron would be sweet as well.
With all due respect Pickle, old friend...I dare say, the people who say there is "nothing to fix in X1/X2" are choosing to be blind. There are always things that can be fixed in movies...be it Lord of the Rings and The Godfather or Howard the Duck...every movie has problems.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #32
ToddIsDead
Banned User

Howard the duck is a classic! It's perfect.

ToddIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #33
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
With all due respect Pickle, old friend...I dare say, the people who say there is "nothing to fix in X1/X2" are choosing to be blind. There are always things that can be fixed in movies...be it Lord of the Rings and The Godfather or Howard the Duck...every movie has problems.

Considering how well received both movies are, and that you can pretty much 'fix' even The Godfather I'm sure, as a whole there really isn't a need for it. The story that was meant to be told (Wolverine, acceptance/understanding/etc) was done so superbly. The 'pickings' are from fanboys who are mad their favorite isn't in the spotlight...and that is what it really comes down to.

(Just as those other movies you mentioned, they were done just fine as the director saw fit)

Old 02-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #34
Zaphod
Asgardian Jester

As long as Abrams wasn't involved in any way in the screenplay or writing of a future movie, then I could see him as being a respectable choice to direct.

Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #35
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod
As long as Abrams wasn't involved in any way in the screenplay or writing of a future movie, then I could see him as being a respectable choice to direct.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but it wouldn't bother me to no end if he made a Superman movie....he seems pretty enthusiastic about Big Blue.

Just keep him the hell away from the suit design though.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #36
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-El
Considering how well received both movies are, and that you can pretty much 'fix' even The Godfather I'm sure, as a whole there really isn't a need for it. The story that was meant to be told (Wolverine, acceptance/understanding/etc) was done so superbly. The 'pickings' are from fanboys who are mad their favorite isn't in the spotlight...and that is what it really comes down to.

(Just as those other movies you mentioned, they were done just fine as the director saw fit)
Hostel was pretty well recieved among a teenage audience...does that make it good?

Furthermore, it is isn't nitpicking to critize X-men, both Ebert and Roeper, and practically every major critic in America critizied the first movie due to lack of action sequences.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #37
Erich Weiss
Banned User

Noone.

Erich Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #38
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hostel was pretty well recieved among a teenage audience...does that make it good?
Hostel and X-Men are nothing alike. Bad comparison there....different audiences, different intentions, different execution and different mediums. Bryan Singer turned comic characters on screen into 'people'. And the audience cared about them. (Just look at the success of X2)

Quote:
Furthermore, it is isn't nitpicking to critize X-men, both Ebert and Roeper, and practically every major critic in America critizied the first movie due to lack of action sequences.
I've got my own reservations about the action. I would have liked more. Not only that, but I got sick of Rogue pretty quick. I never said X1/X2 are beyond critiquing. I'm saying that it's pretty rare to get what the audience got on film, considering the 'source material' is something that major critics had only thought of as merely kids books. X1 and X2 are respected because Bryan Singer took them seriously, despite all the setbacks from the studio.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #39
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemaman
Does somebody know somethink about Ty-Zor?
In ABRAMS script, tyzors is this:
His father was Jor-els brother, Kata-zor. When their father died, he named Jor-el his successor, thus he was the king of the krypton. Enraged, Kata-zor pulls a hitler n conquers the planet, the house of jor-el the last place. as the machine crash through the barriors, jor-el sends kal0-el to earth, while he is captured but lara escapes. its great action. anyways, tyzor is katazors first and only son and hes kal-elsage. ther prophecy of krypton is that kal-el will return to defeat katazor, so kata-zor maksit his number one priority to find kal-el.

this is where ty-zort comes in. they find kal-el when he becomes superman on earth, and they send tyzor and 2 of his croonies-a hottst girl in town type girl named BAZ AL and a jacked beast named CAAN.

Tyzor himself, is much like supes. 6'3, huge, jet black, sauve hair. he has all superman spowers but he has a mean streak to him. "evil" in his eyes. he's clad in black tights(ala VENOM from SPIDEY) with a black cloak over his shoulders and huge black boots, and wields a red weapn called a "blasstaff" that, in the later drafts, became a sword/rocket launchers thats razor sharp and fires from both ends.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #40
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Brett Ratner. He seems to be combining everything Singer did right and fixing everything Singer did wrong on X-men...no reason he couldn't do that here.
LMAO! You're joking, right? Ratner can't direct a good movie with good script. I hope he stay away from Superman. And how you know he cab fix what Singer did wrong with X-Men? For all we know, Ratner barely got involve with the script, so your point is incorrect. Even if he got involve, I doubt it would be good. I mean Ratner direct music videos too for God's sake!!

Old 02-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #41
dr collossus
I've been expecting you

Don't judge Nightwing - wait till you see X3.

Regards,

Happy member of DoRv: Defenders of Ratner's Vision

Old 02-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #42
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

HAHAHA!! Ratner is "fixing" X-Men??? HAHAHA!!!

Happy member of DoRV : Derider of Ratface's Vision

SolidSnakeMGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #43
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Joss Whedon.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #44
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

Hell, get Donner back if Singer can't. Imagine that 'circle is now complete' scenario!

Old 02-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #45
Star&BucWild

Quote:

Alternativley...James Cameron, who is a fantastic sci-fi director. David Fincher...just because he's David Fincher. Or Peter Jackson who knows how to make epics.
EXACTLY! Ratner for Superman Sequel Could care Less if singer Comes back even if This Movie Did well! Superman the Movie Did Great and Donner didnt Come back, this is one of those times where i Pray History Repeats itself in Terms of Singer NOT Returning! even if the Movie is a Hit!

Old 02-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #46
Star&BucWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeMGS
HAHAHA!! Ratner is "fixing" X-Men??? HAHAHA!!!

Happy member of DoRV : Derider of Ratface's Vision
ratner has Fixed xmen, for once an xmen movie doesnt Look like TOTAL Crap like the last two!

Old 02-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #47
Star&BucWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1977
LMAO! You're joking, right? Ratner can't direct a good movie with good script. I hope he stay away from Superman. And how you know he cab fix what Singer did wrong with X-Men? For all we know, Ratner barely got involve with the script, so your point is incorrect. Even if he got involve, I doubt it would be good. I mean Ratner direct music videos too for God's sake!!
and Singer cant Direct two xmen films, he proved it with Crappy x-men Films he made! Ratner was Directing way before singer moron, and singer Could NOT direct a Good action scene to save his worthless life!

Old 02-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #48
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

So you're saying X3 doesn't look like crap? If I smoke the same thing you do, can I see X3 BEFORE IT COMES OUT too?

Quote:
and singer Could NOT direct a Good action scene to save his worthless life!
Many, MANY people disagree with you.

It's hard to take the opinion of someone that compares two VERY GOOD movies to a third movie THAT ISN'T OUT YET. I think you're the moron here, Ratnerfan.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:37 PM   #49
Star&BucWild

actually MANY People agree with me,your the moron thats Been Smoking too much Crack, and its REALLLY bad crack if it makes u even Consider The first two x-movies as Actually good, lay off the Drugs Crackhead, x3 looks way better.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #50
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star&BucWild
actually MANY People agree with me,your the moron thats Been Smoking too much Crack, and its REALLLY bad crack if it makes u even Consider The first two x-movies as Actually good, lay off the Drugs Crackhead, x3 looks way better.
Actually, a sign of habitual crack use is the inability to master proper capitalization.

Oh, here's some stats for you (if you can actually comprehend numbers and what they mean):

X-Men
Budget: $75,000,000
US Total Gross: $158,000,000 (oh, if that's too many zeros for your feeble mind to grasp, that's in millions)

Rotten Tomatoes: 80% positive
IMDb: 7.3/10

X-Men 2
Budget: $110,000,000
US Total Gross: $215,000,000

Rotten Tomatoes: 87% positive
IMDb: 7.9/10

I think the only people that agree with you are the ones who provide you with your very bad crack. Perhaps you should consider new vendors.