Spec Spider-Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: New York Shooting?

I'm in Astoria.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #102
walternewell
Side-Kick

I hope they still do something in the Apple. Besides, I still have my petition going (see http://www.petitiononline.com/mrvl2099 or http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...d.php?t=224106 for details) and hopefully, I'll get the chance to talk to Sam Raimi again.

For those of you who don't know this, I actually met him by accident when they were filming "Spider-Man 2" over at Columbia University back in 2003. He was a very nice man to talk to, and he was even kind enough to send a production manager over to show me and my dad around where they were filming. That said, I'm anxious to see them filming in NYC again.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #103
walternewell
Side-Kick

Hey everyone, I just sent a message to the NYC Mayor's Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcasting asking them if filming is still on for "SM3" and, if so, when and where. Hopefully, I'll get a response from soon, and then we might have some answers.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #104
Jedi Master
Side-Kick

i cant wait to see some filimin by my area , i live in manhattan, hells kitchen (9th ave area)

Old 04-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #105
Dead Kitty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by walternewell
Hey everyone, I just sent a message to the NYC Mayor's Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcasting asking them if filming is still on for "SM3" and, if so, when and where. Hopefully, I'll get a response from soon, and then we might have some answers.
That's cool. Let's hope we get a good response.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:19 AM   #106
Nebins
Side-Kick

Keep us posted

Old 04-28-2006, 02:39 AM   #107
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master
i cant wait to see some filimin by my area , i live in manhattan, hells kitchen (9th ave area)
have you seee daredevil?

Old 04-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #108
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I checked theirs latest production list and theres zilch about SM3.

I think the marching band thing was the last straw for Sony - just my gut feeling. From what i read it was very hard and expensive to get a filming permit (Shutting down fifth avenue), so they took the action elsewhere.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #109
Visionary
Banned User

And rightfully so, New York is an expensive palace of evil...I love it here.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #110
Nebins
Side-Kick

So no filming in New York? I feel a bit cheated. How much of the other movies weren't filmed in New York?

Old 04-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #111
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise

Well the good thing (maybe only) about not filming in New York, which would be expensive, there would be more money around to spend on other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
Old 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #112
Visionary
Banned User

Both films had quite a bit of filming done in New York. We don't know for sure, but it's not looking like they'll be doing any filming here, ya never know.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #113
Dragon
No Way as Way

I was listening to a local radio station (Q104.3) on Friday and they were talking about a New York High School for reasons I don't know, because I was only half paying attention. But then they said, "And what's really cool is that their high school band will be appearing in Spider-Man 3". So it's possible they still might shoot some of that rumored "Spider-Man Day" or thel ike scene here in New York. Clearly they aren't using Cleveland for that.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 AM   #114
Sean Adisano
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I was listening to a local radio station (Q104.3) on Friday and they were talking about a New York High School for reasons I don't know, because I was only half paying attention. But then they said, "And what's really cool is that their high school band will be appearing in Spider-Man 3". So it's possible they still might shoot some of that rumored "Spider-Man Day" or thel ike scene here in New York. Clearly they aren't using Cleveland for that.
i was listening to that too. i forget what school they said, but i did know the school. it will be real dissapointing to me if thats all their shooting in N.Y, and you know their going to use the spyder-cam for some aerial city shots too, but i want to see some scenes with the actors. they got to give us that, a little if anything.

but whatever they are shooting here, i'll be there to get what i can from it.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #115
walternewell
Side-Kick

Okay, I saw the article that said that they already finished filming in Cleveland. Does that mean that they are finished filming the movie, or is there still a chance that they will do some filming in NYC?

By the way, I still haven't heard back from the Mayor's Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcasting, but I haven't given up hope yet.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #116
Nebins
Side-Kick

The movie is a year away. I'm sure there is still a lot of filming to be done.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #117
Sean Adisano
Side-Kick

^ of course. but why is the city being so stupid and making it very difficult in letting them film here in the city???thats what i want to know. otherwise they probably would have been here already or will be on their way to shoot here. angry much am i

Old 05-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #118
walternewell
Side-Kick

I share your frustration, Sean Adisano. Besides, I would like to be in on the action too, that way when I'm older, and my kids and grandkids see this movie, I can say to them, "I was there when they filmed it."

Also, I'm sure that if I can get Sam Raimi to sign my petition (linked at http://www.petitiononline.com/mrvl2099/petition.html if anyone's interested), I'm sure that I would really be in business.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #119
Visionary
Banned User

Quote:
Okay, I saw the article that said that they already finished filming in Cleveland. Does that mean that they are finished filming the movie, or is there still a chance that they will do some filming in NYC?

By the way, I still haven't heard back from the Mayor's Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcasting, but I haven't given up hope yet.
Why not just CALL them, filming in New York is pretty much public information, I believe they have to tell you if and when they're shooting a certain film in New York?

Last edited by Visionary; 05-02-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #120
Sean Adisano
Side-Kick

Quote:
I share your frustration, Sean Adisano. Besides, I would like to be in on the action too, that way when I'm older, and my kids and grandkids see this movie, I can say to them, "I was there when they filmed it."

Also, I'm sure that if I can get Sam Raimi to sign my petition (linked at http://www.petitiononline.com/mrvl2099/petition.html if anyone's interested), I'm sure that I would really be in business.
i would also like to be able to say that i was there during the filming, years from now to my kids...or whoever will listen, or cares. and count me in on your petition. i am signed and ready

Old 05-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #121
walternewell
Side-Kick

Thanks for the help, Sean, and by the way, Visionary, maybe I will give them a phone call, but not just yet, since I still have to take care of finals in the next few days.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #122
Visionary
Banned User

Very well then.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #123
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Wecome back Sean!!

Walter is this where you called, I got this link from a poster on imdb http://nyc.gov/html/film/html/permit...ing_home.shtml
They said this site will inform of where the permits are for what locations for filming.

Also got this from a poster on imdb, apparently this is the casting agency used for the Spider-Man movies. So far there isn't any casting calls.http://www.grantwilfleycasting.com/index.html

I haven't checked on any other agencies in NY.

I hoped I helped a little with our quest.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #124
giggs11uk
Side-Kick

http://www.grantwilfleycasting.com/index.html

they did casting for sp1 but it dosnt say anything about sp2 maybe they got a new casting agency

Old 05-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #125
Sean Adisano
Side-Kick

thanks tzarinna

Closed Thread