Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Returns

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #2576
Oldguy
Banned User

Default Re: Official New Superman Returns Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderDaniel
WTF is your problem, OLdguy? Routh looks great as Superman, muscle suit or not...
What can I say? I'm allergic to bull****, so when ever Matches pops up I'm sure to follow.

But I apologize, I realize how upsetting it is for you all to hear criticisms of your beloved movie project. I should be more condiderate.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #2577
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy
What can I say? I'm allergic to bull****, so when ever Matches pops up I'm sure to follow.
It's good that you follow me around if you're allergic to bull****. I clear that out most of the time.

Quote:
But I apologize, I realize how upsetting it is for you all to hear criticisms of your beloved movie project. I should be more condiderate.
Correct. You should condider more often.

FUTURAMA RETURNS! 2008 ON COMEDY CENTRAL!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #2578
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchesMalone
..Correct. You should condider more often.
Savour it Matches, my spelling is the only thing you ever get to correct.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #2579
GothicPowerMix1
Banned User

Quote:
Except Reeve wore a tissue thin leotard and Routh is wearing a molded, padded muscle suit. Other than that, they were the same size fer sure.

I would've added a roll eyes smiley at the end, but they just don't seem to want to work for me no mo.

But of course who needs reason and observation when Matches' opinion will suffice.

Go ahead Matches, tell me how again how awsome SR is and how much I enjoyed it. I mean why stop at filling in the blanks with Routh's physique?
If all your going to do is talk **** about any & everything possible about SR why bother posting here ? Sure I know everyone has a different opinion but

(you seem to be posting here just so you can talk **** about any & everything about this Movie no matter what.) People get banned for that

Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #2580
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
And your stupid "insult" about being allergic to bull****, so you follow me around. Which doesn't even seem to make sense. But I'll always enjoy being your Happy Gilmore.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #2581
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnsk
If all your going to do is talk **** about any & everything possible about SR why bother posting here ? Sure I know everyone has a different opinion but

(you seem to be posting here just so you can talk **** about any & everything about this Movie no matter what.) People get banned for that
You know the sooner people accept the notion of restricting expression based on "negativity", the sooner free speech will die.

Good work, keep it up. Corporate owned governments (who else do you think pays campaign funds?) of the world applaud your intolerance.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #2582
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
And your stupid "insult" about being allergic to bull****, so you follow me around. Which doesn't even seem to make sense...
You spew bull****, hoping to pass it off as fact, and I feel compelled to clarify. Not really that difficult a concept.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #2583
GothicPowerMix1
Banned User

Quote:
You know the sooner people accept the notion of restricting expression based on "negativity", the sooner free speech will die.

Good work, keep it up. Corporate owned governments (who else do you think pays campaign funds?) of the world applaud your intolerance.

Its not just about "negativity" If you did not like One or Two things thats one thing. But you hate any & everything about this Movie & you take any & every chance to bash just about everything about this Movie & also you seem to compare Christopher Reeve to Brandon Routh any & every chance you get. Makes me wonder if your a certain user under a New Name.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #2584
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
You spew bull****, hoping to pass it off as fact, and I feel compelled to clarify. Not really that difficult a concept.
No, you are trying to refute my opinion. Which is patently impossible.

Like I said, if you can't tell the difference between qualitative and factual statements without useless descriptors like "IMO", I'm not inclined to even talk to you.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #2585
Majestic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except Reeve wore a tissue thin leotard and Routh is wearing a molded, padded muscle suit. Other than that, they were the same size fer sure.

I would've added a roll eyes smiley at the end, but they just don't seem to want to work for me no mo.

But of course who needs reason and observation when Matches' opinion will suffice.

Go ahead Matches, tell me how again how awsome SR is and how much I enjoyed it. I mean why stop at filling in the blanks with Routh's physique?
The funny thing is, the people that have met Routh say he is huge around 6'4 and last time I checked that is not small. Why don't you read the report by Quint at aint it cool news to help you get some more facts that you are so eager to have. And last time I checked people do not walk around in a muscle suit! It is a suit to enhance the physique he already has.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #2586
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic
The funny thing is, the people that have met Routh say he is huge around 6'4 and last time I checked that is not small. Why don't you read the report by Quint at aint it cool news to help you get some more facts that you are so eager to have. And last time I checked people do not walk around in a muscle suit! It is a suit to enhance the physique he already has.
It's falling on deaf ears. He simply doesn't like how Routh looks. That's fine. No harm done.

I'm just sad that he's eaten a big batch of flame-o's instead of actually bringing some intelligence back from his sojourn.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #2587
skruloos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes but what use is free speech if it's just used to spew endless bile? That doesn't add anything into the world any more than mindless praise. Free speech also covers people being ignorant and racist. It doesn't make it right.
There's a fine line between complaining and constructive criticism. One actually addresses the issue and tries to do something about it. The other is just prattle.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #2588
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruloos
Yes but what use is free speech if it's just used to spew endless bile? That doesn't add anything into the world any more than mindless praise. Free speech also covers people being ignorant and racist. It doesn't make it right.
There's a fine line between complaining and constructive criticism. One actually addresses the issue and tries to do something about it. The other is just prattle.
Sorry, but I have to back Oldguy here. He is completely free to spew as much as he wants, as long as he observes the TOS of the forum.

We can't restrict speech because we don't like it or don't think it's constructive. That negates the entire concept of freedom.

It's not a matter of right or wrong. It is simply somebody's opinion.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #2589
skruloos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry, but I have to back Oldguy here. He is completely free to spew as much as he wants, as long as he observes the TOS of the forum.

We can't restrict speech because we don't like it or don't think it's constructive. That negates the entire concept of freedom.

That's fine. I understand that people have a right to be stupid and to spew stupidity. After all, if ignorance is bliss and everyone has a right to pursue happiness, then they can be as ignorant as they choose. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Ignorance should not be an excuse.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #2590
ARBH
Side-Kick

Quote:

Spoken like a real "arch-nemesis". I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #2591
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnsk
Its not just about "negativity" If you did not like One or Two things thats one thing. But you hate any & everything about this Movie & you take any & every chance to bash just about everything about this Movie & also you seem to compare Christopher Reeve to Brandon Routh any & every chance you get. Makes me wonder if your a certain user under a New Name.
Now here's some universal constants I'm aware of:
1) an object falls to earth at a rate of acceleration of 9.8 m/s, wind resistance notwithstanding.
2) In a vacume, light travels at 300,000 km/s (approx)
3) At sea level, water boils at 100 degrees celsius.

What I was not aware of was your proposal.
4) Negative feedback is intolerable after one or two aspects of any critique should prove to be ctitical. Upon realization of the saturation of negativity (shown here as R=S%N), feedback must be eliminated in order to prevent discomfort.

What I can't still figure out is, why is your comfort lvl more important than my desire to express myself? Bearing in mind, as Einstien put it, there is no preferred point of reference.

Conversely you would argue, why is my desire to express more important than your comfort lvl?

To which I would remind you that your comfort doesn't have any bearing on my expression. Unlike you, I don't care if you are comfortable with the movie thus far. I don't need you to agree with me to enjoy my expression. From my point of view, people who do believe SR will be great don't cause me any discomfort. I don't mind disagreeing with them.

Unfortuneatly you cannot say the same, your state of being requires conformity. You cannot enjoy your belief (that SR will be great) unless you are surrounded by those who share, and thereby reinforce your belief. However, opposing views cause you discomfort, perhaps the solace of conformity does not protect you from feeling insecure about your beliefs.

In order to quash the insecurity and protect the belief, you seek to silence the source of contradiction. You deem it innapropriate behavior. You claim that it causes you personal injury in the form of unrest or discomfort. You attempt to redefine opposing views as criminal acts perpetrated by people who should possibly face some form of punishment/rehabilitation.

Of course when I say you, I'm refering to anyone reading this who thinks "negative" opinions are innappropriate, at any lvl of saturation.

Anyways, co-habitation of opposing views is already possible, the only obstacle is one participant's desire for dominance. So all we need to do to get along is for you to relenquish your desire to suppress any opinions you disagree with.

I mean, it's not like you're a fascist or anything, right?

Old 04-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #2592
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

Wow, you cling to your right to "expression" like a drunkard clings to his bottle.

Just because you can, should you? You're one of those people that *****es about the weather, goes outside, and then comes back inside to ***** again, I take it. And then on top of it you antagonize those that happen to like the weather.

You seem to really relish when you cause an uproar. I think they have a word for that.

Instead of granting yourself unrestricted 'do as you please', why not simply hold your tongue so as to not cause so much strife on this board? Are you so egotistical that you think you should be able to do whatever you want just because you can?

Old 04-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #2593
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruloos
Yes but what use is free speech if it's just used to spew endless bile?
To you it's endless bile skruloos, to others it's well founded criticisms.

Some people agree with me, they don't like Donner redux, ck model Routh in his padded rubber fetish suit, Jason, Richard, or Kitty Kowalski.

That's the whole point of freedom of speech skruloos, one side NEVER gets to define "bile".

Welcome to the human race.

Last edited by Oldguy; 04-06-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #2594
Mentok
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now here's some universal constants I'm aware of:
1) an object falls to earth at a rate of acceleration of 9.8 m/s, wind resistance notwithstanding.
2) In a vacume, light travels at 300,000 km/s (approx)
3) At sea level, water boils at 100 degrees celsius.

What I was not aware of was your proposal.
4) Negative feedback is intolerable after one or two aspects of any critique should prove to be ctitical. Upon realization of the saturation of negativity (shown here as R=S%N), feedback must be eliminated in order to prevent discomfort.

What I can't still figure out is, why is your comfort lvl more important than my desire to express myself? Bearing in mind, as Einstien put it, there is no preferred point of reference.

Conversely you would argue, why is my desire to express more important than your comfort lvl?

To which I would remind you that your comfort doesn't have any bearing on my expression. Unlike you, I don't care if you are comfortable with the movie thus far. I don't need you to agree with me to enjoy my expression. From my point of view, people who do believe SR will be great don't cause me any discomfort. I don't mind disagreeing with them.

Unfortuneatly you cannot say the same, your state of being requires conformity. You cannot enjoy your belief (that SR will be great) unless you are surrounded by those who share, and thereby reinforce your belief. However, opposing views cause you discomfort, perhaps the solace of conformity does not protect you from feeling insecure about your beliefs.

In order to quash the insecurity and protect the belief, you seek to silence the source of contradiction. You deem it innapropriate behavior. You claim that it causes you personal injury in the form of unrest or discomfort. You attempt to redefine opposing views as criminal acts perpetrated by people who should possibly face some form of punishment/rehabilitation.

Of course when I say you, I'm refering to anyone reading this who thinks "negative" opinions are innappropriate, at any lvl of saturation.

Anyways, co-habitation of opposing views is already possible, the only obstacle is one participant's desire for dominance. So all we need to do to get along is for you to relenquish your desire to suppress any opinions you disagree with.

I mean, it's not like you're a fascist or anything, right?

This is why I like you OLDGUY... you always give that little bit extra in your posts

Old 04-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #2595
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

At least Oldguy keeps it alive when there's no news....

Old 04-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #2596
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:

Matches, I LOVE to hate you on so many levels...don't ever change.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #2597
ARBH
Side-Kick

That is the great thing about message boards, you can post you opinions and feelings on a certain subject, and there is always someone who will tell you that you are wrong. It is a personal opinion and does not necessarily require a response, nor can a persons opinion be wrong. No one is stating anything as fact here. Take it at face value and move on.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #2598
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeMGS
...Just because you can, should you?
Why else draw breath?

It's unfortunate I wasn't around here during BB pre-production. I was quite a keener then.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #2599
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

Quote:
Why else draw breath?

It's unfortunate I wasn't around here during BB pre-production. I was quite a keener then.
Well, if your breath offends just as easily as the words that are carried upon it, perhaps you should cease that as well.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #2600
skruloos
Side-Kick

Quote:
To you it's endless bile skruloos, to others it's well founded criticisms.
Well founded criticisms if they are supported. Otherwise they are just complaining. And it doesn't matter if people agree or not. There are two ways of expressing negativity. One is intelligent and supported. One is not.

Quote:
Some people agree with me, they don't like Donner redux, ck model Routh in his padded rubber fetish suit, Jason, Richard, or Kitty Kowalski.
That's fine. I've never asked people to love those things as long as they had reasoned out opinions and not just spewing crap for the sake of spewing crap.

Quote:
That's the whole point of freedom of speech skruloos, one side NEVER gets to define "bile".
It's not about sides. You don't have to like the progress of the movie to see when comeone who is complaining is just complaining without any reasoning behind it. I feel the same way about mindless praisers. They spew bile (albeit in a positive way) but don't necessarily reason through their arguments and opinions.

Quote:
Welcome to the human race.
Ah yes. Silly me for dreaming of a society that values reasoning and supported opinions.

Closed Thread