Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Returns

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #2601
Oldguy
Banned User

Default Re: Official New Superman Returns Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruloos
Well founded criticisms if they are supported.
How convienient for you then that any criticism you disagree with is unfounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruloos
Ah yes. Silly me for dreaming of a society that values reasoning and supported opinions.
Oh please, you dream of a society where everyone agrees with you, and those who don't are found guilty.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #2602
skruloos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARBH
That is the great thing about message boards, you can post you opinions and feelings on a certain subject, and there is always someone who will tell you that you are wrong. It is a personal opinion and does not necessarily require a response, nor can a persons opinion be wrong. No one is stating anything as fact here. Take it at face value and move on.
No. You're wrong.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #2603
skruloos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy
How convienient for you then that any criticism you disagree with is unfounded.
No. There have been many instances where other posters, you included, have provided well supported opinions. There are also times where you spew nothing but bile as well as a lot of other posters. There is a difference between the two.

Quote:
Oh please, you dream of a society where everyone agrees with you, and those who don't are found guilty.
Do you not know how to read? There have been many instances with people like hunter-rider or lujho who can post well thought out criticisms and I applaud them despite my disagreeing with them. Not all praises are created equal, nor ar all criticisms. Some hold more weight and deserve more respect than others.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #2604
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why else draw breath?

It's unfortunate I wasn't around here during BB pre-production. I was quite a keener then.
Ah, and yet Batman Begins was such a rehash of Batman '89...

Don't get me wrong, I loved it...but there it is. Batman..uh, begins. Evil villain plot to poison the people of Gotham. Big rescue capped off with Batmobile chase to the cave, where Batman reveals the villain's plot to the female lead and gives her the antidote to the poison. Final confrontation between Batman and villain, including fight with lackeys as distraction. Final scene introduces bat-signal and Batman's friendship with the 5-0.

Now, granted, Begins did it 100% better (except for the final act and Katie friggin Holmes). But it was so incredibly similar to '89 that I was shocked. Right down to the same damn suiting up sequence at the same damn place in the film. And don't get me started on Batman revealing himself to the obligatory female lead (Superman needs Lois - Batman doesn't need any females). Or the lame kid sequence (don't bring up the kid in SR - I know, I know). And the idiotic outro of Scarecrow. And Katie Holmes. And Katie Holmes.

In fact, if Katie Holmes can't distract you from enjoying Batman Begins, then Parker Posey sure isn't going to distract from SR.

FUTURAMA RETURNS! 2008 ON COMEDY CENTRAL!

Last edited by MatchesMalone; 04-06-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #2605
MatchesMalone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Matches, I LOVE to hate you on so many levels...don't ever change.
I wish I could quit you.

You know what, screw all this Superman crap. Let's go watch Snakes On A Plane.

FUTURAMA RETURNS! 2008 ON COMEDY CENTRAL!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #2606
Mentok
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchesMalone
I wish I could quit you.

You know what, screw all this Superman crap. Let's go watch Snakes On A Plane.
ROFL.

Funny on so many levels.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #2607
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Singer has said there's no padding in the suit. I'll take his word on it. What reason does he have to lie? And even if there is padding, it's probably no where near as extensive as most make it out to be. It certainly isn't a "muscle suit".

Look, you can call bs all you want Oldguy, but you're bsing yourself if you're gonna go and say the suit is padded and full of fake muscles when you have no proof.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #2608
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

It's good to have OldGuy back on so many levels. Gotta love the point counter point. New photo definately shows that Routh has the look of Superman, musclesuit or not.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #2609
Superman4ever
Side-Kick

This is AWESOME!

Old 04-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #2610
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Very cool pic

Old 04-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #2611
SuperDaniel
Banned User

I want to see the trailer!!!!!!!!! aAAAAAA!!

Old 04-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #2612
Mentok
Side-Kick

Sweet

And you posted it in the wrong thread first

Old 04-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #2613
Mentok
Side-Kick

Kills all the stupid 'Oh no! Singer is using a CG cape because the real cape was too heavy' and 'Routh is too weak for the flying scenes, he needs extra wires to help him' crap.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:24 AM   #2614
Superman4ever
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok
Sweet

And you posted it in the wrong thread first

Wha? What are you talking about?

Old 04-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #2615
Superman4ever
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok
Kills all the stupid 'Oh no! Singer is using a CG cape because the real cape was too heavy' and 'Routh is too weak for the flying scenes, he needs extra wires to help him' crap.
Yup! And they conveniently forget the fact that in the other green screen pic there is no way to actually have the cape MOVE with all those wires going thru it.

Same thing with Batman Begins...before the move opened it was the worst suit ever ('why can't it be grey and blue'? or 'teh puffy'). Now Nolan is a genius!

Old 04-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #2616
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it Mentok. I love seeing the doubters getting pwned.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:03 AM   #2617
IT is Batgirl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman4ever
This is AWESOME!

FYI, Younis completely removed my "brandonrouth.com" watermark so he has seriously pissed me off.

This picture is a BRANDONROUTH.COM exclusive.

Last edited by IT is Batgirl; 04-07-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #2618
Scooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite
Singer has said there's no padding in the suit. I'll take his word on it. What reason does he have to lie? And even if there is padding, it's probably no where near as extensive as most make it out to be. It certainly isn't a "muscle suit".

Look, you can call bs all you want Oldguy, but you're bsing yourself if you're gonna go and say the suit is padded and full of fake muscles when you have no proof.

Quote:
Routh, a soap opera veteran, called the physical process of donning the famed suit "humbling and sometimes painful," because of the rigors involved, but he lauds the under-armor and fake musculature. "I recommend it for everyone. Who needs the gym, right?"
http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/c...op-blurb-right

There was also an interview in issue 172 of Wizard magazine in which the suit's designer, Louise Mingenbach, details the "padding" used throughout filming. I don't have an excerpt or link, but I'm sure someone can corroborate this for you.

So, yes, it is there, from what we can tell. Now you know.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:28 AM   #2619
Scooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT is Batgirl
FYI, Younis completely removed my "brandonrouth.com" watermark so he has seriously pissed me off.

This picture is a BRANDONROUTH.COM exclusive.
Weak-sauce.

Last edited by Scooter; 04-07-2006 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #2620
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

The way Oldguy talks, you'd think he's wearing another Keaton suit. If the padding there is to recover the definition lost in the tights, it's not the same thing. I mean, this material seems to be a bit thicker than spandex, so it's not surprising that muscle definition is hard to make out through it all.

I admit, I may have jumped the gun saying there was no padding at all, but at this point I'm sick of the constant negativity. Picking on all these minor details gets a little old you know.

I know it's silly to give a **** about other people's opinions and letting it affect your own, but sometimes it's pretty freakin hard. What fun is it when you like something that everyone else hates? I would have thought more people would have been happy with the recent developments in this Superman movie project, but noooooo, nothing's ever good enogh. Sheesh.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 AM   #2621
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman4ever
This is AWESOME!

hmm. his face xpression seems to say: "im a hot shot"

300Rise of an Empire|Captain America The Winter Soldier|The Amazing SpiderMan 2|Godzilla|X-MenDays of Future Past|TransformersAge of Extinction|Dawn of the Planet of the Apes|Guardians of the Galaxy|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Old 04-07-2006, 02:03 AM   #2622
Scooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite
The way Oldguy talks, you'd think he's wearing another Keaton suit. If the padding there is to recover the definition lost in the tights, it's not the same thing. I mean, this material seems to be a bit thicker than spandex, so it's not surprising that muscle definition is hard to make out through it all.
It seems pretty discreet, though he's probably a lot better off with it, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
I admit, I may have jumped the gun saying there was no padding at all, but at this point I'm sick of the constant negativity. Picking on all these minor details gets a little old you know.
You're just gonna' have to get over that...because, frankly, nobody really cares how sick you are in that respect.

Quote:
I know it's silly to give a **** about other people's opinions and letting it affect your own, but sometimes it's pretty freakin hard. What fun is it when you like something that everyone else hates?
Yeah, if some amonymous person's opinion is affecting you to the point of not being to able to like SR, you might have some more serious issues...

Quote:
I would have thought more people would have been happy with the recent developments in this Superman movie project, but noooooo, nothing's ever good enogh. Sheesh.
Personally, I'd have though more people would be unhappy with what we've seen so far. Go figure, right?

Old 04-07-2006, 02:13 AM   #2623
dark_b
Side-Kick

i am happy that we got a new behind the scene pic. to bad i dont like it. i dont like the pose.

they again didnt put out the shoulder pads. and they said they will. i really dont know. i hope in close ups they will put the shoulder pads out.

this scene must be very interesting. we all know how they are filmiing flying scenes. this must be a take off or a landing. or some spining.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:28 AM   #2624
Oldguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b
i am happy that we got a new behind the scene pic. to bad i dont like it. i dont like the pose.

they again didnt put out the shoulder pads. and they said they will. i really dont know. i hope in close ups they will put the shoulder pads out.

this scene must be very interesting. we all know how they are filmiing flying scenes. this must be a take off or a landing. or some spining.
I hope it isn't noticable either.

Rubber Muscles.

Donner Hommage.

The Kid.

How ever do people sleep at night?

Brrr......

Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 AM   #2625
Sverdlovski
Side-Kick

Nice. Now we just need David33 and Fatboy Roberts to come back...

"I will probably be killed for this, but I did see a still of Nic Cage dressed in the black Spandex suit with a big silver `S' and long, stringy rock-musician hair ... it is an image of such macabre, gothic horror." - Kevin Burns
Closed Thread