The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Rabid_Rust
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 64
Default Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Am I the only one who's getting nervous about this movie? I really don't think it's gonna work. At first, it sounded awesome, but when I got to thinking about it... I really think it's gonna flop.

I mean, for one I think they have to many villains. GG2/Hobgoblin, Sandman and whoever Topher Grace is gonna be. I mean, that's alot of explaining for one film. They have to tell us where The Sandman came from, where he got his powers, and why he's using them for evil. Same thing with Topher, then Spideys gotta beat atleast one of them. And let's assume for a moment, that Topher is indeed going to play venom. Well, there's another batch of explaining that has to be done. Why Eddie hates Peter/Spiderman, where the symbiote comes from, why does it affect Peter the way it does, whatever. On top of all of this, Peter has to handle Harry, and his realationship with MJ... which reminds me, arn't they also gonna throw Gwen into the film!?!?

Another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but is sandman really that great of a villain? I mean, he doesn't seem like that much of a threat to me. Like, the Green Goblin was a threat to Peter's loved ones, plus he was just plain dangerous and destructive, putting alot of people in harms way during the fights. Doc Ock was a threat to the whole city, but Sandman? what does this guy do? Rob Banks?

Those are just a few of my concerns for the upcoming film. Anyone want to share some of there own? Maybe tell me a little bit about the sandman, etc.

Rabid_Rust is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
mrmarvel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Rust
Am I the only one who's getting nervous about this movie? I really don't think it's gonna work. At first, it sounded awesome, but when I got to thinking about it... I really think it's gonna flop.

I mean, for one I think they have to many villains. GG2/Hobgoblin, Sandman and whoever Topher Grace is gonna be. I mean, that's alot of explaining for one film. They have to tell us where The Sandman came from, where he got his powers, and why he's using them for evil. Same thing with Topher, then Spideys gotta beat atleast one of them. And let's assume for a moment, that Topher is indeed going to play venom. Well, there's another batch of explaining that has to be done. Why Eddie hates Peter/Spiderman, where the symbiote comes from, why does it affect Peter the way it does, whatever. On top of all of this, Peter has to handle Harry, and his realationship with MJ... which reminds me, arn't they also gonna throw Gwen into the film!?!?

Another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but is sandman really that great of a villain? I mean, he doesn't seem like that much of a threat to me. Like, the Green Goblin was a threat to Peter's loved ones, plus he was just plain dangerous and destructive, putting alot of people in harms way during the fights. Doc Ock was a threat to the whole city, but Sandman? what does this guy do? Rob Banks?

Those are just a few of my concerns for the upcoming film. Anyone want to share some of there own? Maybe tell me a little bit about the sandman, etc.
Well, I do share a bit of your concern, but not so dramatically. I think suddenly of Batman and Robin with several villians (Woodrue, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Poison Ivy...those are the ones I can remember), there are too many villians to contain in one film and maintain the (somewhat) integrety we have had from the last two films. I think it is a bit of a tease as well to have Kurt Conners mentioned for a third time, and no payoff. Why cast additionals when we could throw in half of the Sinister Six (Terrible Three?) in this movie. i mean, the symmetry works.

As to how to do things, since we have connors...he works with Sandman and gives him his serum...figure some sort of student/teacher relationship or something. As far as Venom, maybe a cop out with OsCorp again....sounds like it would make sense.

 
Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
Spencer9
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 655
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

I think that Venom will be a cliffhanger so it can easily happen. Don't worry, they probably will do fine..

__________________
Spiderman 3 - Venom,Sandman,Green Goblin 2
Spencer9 is offline  
Old 03-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
Matt Murdock
[C]ured.
 
Matt Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,085
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

venom will be ok but sandman may just be a bridge too far.

__________________
Connections are for airports.
[H]
Matt Murdock is offline  
Old 03-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
choopy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

i think a cliffhanger with Venom is definately a possibility since (and i realize that the movies aren't exactly going along with the comic, but since the entire premise is taken from the comics, that is really the only thing we have to go on...) venom sticks around for awhile if i remember correctly- always hanging around in the background somewhere.

they might be able to pull off multiple baddies if they keep the entire second half of the movie fast-paced baddie after baddie. or if he just gets rid of a few of them early on...

 
Old 04-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
MrSelfDestruct
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I live in a giant bucket!
Posts: 195
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

I think that the main point of the movie will be Peter dealing with the symbiote and his relationships with Harry and MJ, and Brock and Sandman will just be a major pain in the a**. IMO, Sandman will just be visually really effing cool and won't become a major threat until he supposedly teams up with Venom, if that even happens.

MrSelfDestruct is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #7
pgagolf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

raimi's a good director...im sure he has a good idea up his sleeve

 
Old 04-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #8
Visionary
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 16,080
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Damn, just reading your worries, makes me want to see this film even more. Can't wait.

Visionary is offline  
Old 04-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!
 
javi1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 4,393
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Rust
Am I the only one who's getting nervous about this movie? I really don't think it's gonna work. At first, it sounded awesome, but when I got to thinking about it... I really think it's gonna flop.

I mean, for one I think they have to many villains. GG2/Hobgoblin, Sandman and whoever Topher Grace is gonna be. I mean, that's alot of explaining for one film. They have to tell us where The Sandman came from, where he got his powers, and why he's using them for evil. Same thing with Topher, then Spideys gotta beat atleast one of them. And let's assume for a moment, that Topher is indeed going to play venom. Well, there's another batch of explaining that has to be done. Why Eddie hates Peter/Spiderman, where the symbiote comes from, why does it affect Peter the way it does, whatever. On top of all of this, Peter has to handle Harry, and his realationship with MJ... which reminds me, arn't they also gonna throw Gwen into the film!?!?

Another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but is sandman really that great of a villain? I mean, he doesn't seem like that much of a threat to me. Like, the Green Goblin was a threat to Peter's loved ones, plus he was just plain dangerous and destructive, putting alot of people in harms way during the fights. Doc Ock was a threat to the whole city, but Sandman? what does this guy do? Rob Banks?

Those are just a few of my concerns for the upcoming film. Anyone want to share some of there own? Maybe tell me a little bit about the sandman, etc.
well seeing as sam raimi is a spiderman fan, and he did such a good job with the first two, i think hes doin all this more to end the trilogy with a bang than geeking out and putting in as much as he can. look at Batman Begins- you had Ra's al Ghul, Ubu, Carmine Falcone, Scarecrow, and Mr. Szasz (sp?). even though half the villains were cameos, they all played a part in the story and it all fit perfectly. im sure Sadman, Harry, and Toper Grace will all do whats necessary for the film.

i am surprised hes bringing in Gwen Stacy. i dont know what kind of part shes gonna play when MJ basically already did Gwen's most famous scene.

javi1024 is offline  
Old 04-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #10
Amm-arD
Side-Kick
 
Amm-arD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Unknown
Posts: 470
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Just trust Raimi. He wont let us down!

Amm-arD is offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
Spiderpig
crispy around the edges
 
Spiderpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 865
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Too much thinking. Remove brain and wait 1 year.

Spiderpig is offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
Cyclops
Side-Kick
 
Cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a hotel room with my retarded younger brother.
Posts: 35,972
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

You're not allowed to think anything negative about this movie or certain people will try to tear you apart! Get yourself a lobotomy, and make sure that they take the part of your brain that thinks negative thoughts!

__________________
"Hey Earl. Who would win? Muppets or He-Man?"
"Just He-Man or the Masters of the Universe?"
"Just He-Man."
"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,918
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You're not allowed to think anything negative about this movie or certain people will try to tear you apart! Get yourself a lobotomy, and make sure that they take the part of your brain that thinks negative thoughts!
They can't do that now, can they?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,329
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

What did you do, Lord, search through the depths of the Hype to find this thread lol?

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,482
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Lord, are you the Necromancer?

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amm-arD View Post
Just trust Raimi. He wont let us down!


Nothing can go wrong.

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

And we know the outcome all these years later

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,734
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Such an old thread lol, but hey, looks like the OP was on the money.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
blake c
Side-Kick
 
blake c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 876
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

It kind of makes me sad reading this thread, I feel like I just went back in time and knew the disappointing future.

__________________
"You was wrong about us being in different paths,we're not in different paths,you're my path and you always are gonna be in my path"
blake c is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #20
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake c View Post
It kind of makes me sad reading this thread, I feel like I just went back in time and knew the disappointing future.
I assume it was the bumper's purpose.

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

LOL Imagine if I went back in time and told people what happened

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
LOL Imagine if I went back in time and told people what happened
Banned for trolling.

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #23
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,812
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Pretty much the same kinds of threads we still see in TDKR forum.

__________________
We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Were people nervous about TDKR?

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #25
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,918
Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Some were, while i was a major nolanite back then (and still am to a certain extent), having loved his other Batman films, nothing in the trailers or released images sold me on it, i walked in expecting a major let down, which is possibly one of the reasons why i enjoyed it so much. Along with Prometheus i don't get the criticism because i didn't get the hype in the first place.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.