The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Default Re: Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
lol. Yeah, you're right, the whole symbiote/"dark" Peter/revenge angle/Venom element wasn't really intertwined throughout the entire story at all. Just some extraneous thing added in on a lark
Yea it fitted. I'm saying that Rami was not forced by the studio to do Venom. Only introduce the symbiote.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #52
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Where did you get this information? By all accounts, Avi Arad pressured Raimi into including the "fan favorite" Venom (look at any interview with Arad around this time). Sam even came out a couple years ago saying such. I remember posting the interview last year.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #53
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Raimi was forced to use Venom;

Quote:
I had never read Venom in the comic books, since they came after my time. Because of that, I didn't have a natural inclination toward him. And when I read those comics, at [producer] Avi Arad's urging, I didn't understand where Venom's humanity was. I know that kids think he looks cool, and they think he's a good villain for Spider-Man. I actually didn't. What was it about Peter's own makeup that this villain represented some weaker or darker side to? Just looking like a dark version of him is not enough for me. The more I read [Venom stories], the less interested I became. But then Avi said, ''Look, you've got to be less selfish. You've got to learn what it is these kids love about Venom.'' So I tried to open my mind up. Then Alvin developed a character that I did understand, and did appreciate.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037557,00.html

He admitted he had no creative control over Spider-Man 3 back when Spider-Man 4 was a go:

Quote:
"They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually. But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn't really have creative control, so to speak."
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...al-creati.html

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 09-03-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #54
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Thanks! Raimi is dead on as far as Venom goes. Smart guy. Thanks a lot Avi!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #55
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Raimi was forced to use Venom;

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037557,00.html

He admitted he had no creative control over Spider-Man 3 back when Spider-Man 4 was a go:

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...al-creati.html
Yes but only the symbeote. He didn't want to have two films with the symbeote so he wanted to get it over and done with.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #56
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Thanks! Raimi is dead on as far as Venom goes. Smart guy. Thanks a lot Avi!!!!!!
Agreed. I never liked Venom. I think he's one of the weakest villains in Spidey's rogues gallery. His whole motivation for hating Spidey is pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Yes but only the symbeote. He didn't want to have two films with the symbeote so he wanted to get it over and done with.
Where is your source for this? Because this is the first I've heard of it.

- The Joker
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #57
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I didn't say he couldn't, but most of the problems come from scenes in the script that he should have asked to be changed, it wasn't exactly like he thought it was cool to incorpurate emo Peter
If I heard the studios forced him to have a street-dancing Peter scene where he finds out he can finger-gun girls, then I can start feeling for Raimi. But all that crappy scenes feel, look and smell like the classic Raimi in SM1 and SM2.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #58
flower
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
If I heard the studios forced him to have a street-dancing Peter scene where he finds out he can finger-gun girls, then I can start feeling for Raimi. But all that crappy scenes feel, look and smell like the classic Raimi in SM1 and SM2.
exactly. there is no way the studio forced him to do this:

this is classic Raimi camp

Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #59
Lord
All Mighty

He directed it and had fun doing so, doesn't mean he was the one who wrote it or put it there

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #60
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower View Post

I love it.

The campy flourishes and eccentricities were the LEAST of the problems that this film had (though everyone zeroes in on them as though they're the root of the problem).

The fact is, that Raimi had written a script with his brother, Avi came in late in the game, forcing him to include Venom and he had to re-write the script in a hurry- and the result is what we got. Imagine writing a 30 page research paper and then the teacher tells you, the day before it's due that they've changed their mind and that you need to completely re-do it to include an extra element that you've done no research on. The end result isn't going to be stellar. Raimi got the raw end of the deal on this one.

Last edited by Vid Electricz; 09-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #61
Green Goblin

SM3 just felt like a werid movie with Tobey Maguire in it.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #62
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:
I love it.

The campy flourishes and eccentricities were the LEAST of the problems that this film had (though everyone zeroes in on them as though they're the root of the problem).

The fact is, that Raimi had written a script with his brother, Avi came in late in the game, forcing him to include Venom and he had to re-write the script in a hurry- and the result is what we got. Imagine writing a 30 page research paper and then the teacher tells you, the day before it's due that they've changed their mind and that you need to completely re-do it to include an extra element that you've done no research on. The end result isn't going to be stellar. Raimi got the raw end of the deal on this one.

We are T. H. E. M.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #63
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower View Post

Worse: that wasn't even close to the campiest in the film.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #64
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
It was, just without Venom being in it. He had the option of only the symbeote.
The sooner you remove that crap, the better

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #65
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
I love it.

Wow, I actually agree with you on this one, Vid.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #66
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
False.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
False.
Mr Dent begs to differ

Old 10-15-2013, 02:46 AM   #68
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
I love it.
I guess someone has to love the ugly ginger cousin of the family

Old 10-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #69
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

There was no reason bump this thread, and I am thus closing it. Please do NOT resurrect 5-10 year old threads for absolutely no reason. That is trolling.

Closed Thread