The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Do you want Grace to be Venom?
Hell No! Don't make that little bastard Venom. 60 36.59%
Yes, make him Venom. 104 63.41%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #76
SsM
Hope Burns Bright!
 
SsM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 16,258
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

hey, Thanks ;x I figured i would finally join the boards :x Nice to be welcomed. I remember visiting the hype when Spider-Man 1 was in production. I remember watching that countdown clock heh....

SsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #77
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.
 
WeaponXProject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Sorry guys, Topher is. In an interview with Kristen Dunst she stated that Topher was Venom and Haden Church was Sandman. I can expect that through CGI they will make Venom much bigger than Spiderman and that Topher is probably not capable of doing martial arts. Dont worry guys...he'll do fine as Venom.

WeaponXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #78
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer
SHH! Administrator
 
Cmill216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Thames House
Posts: 23,501
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponXProject
Sorry guys, Topher is. In an interview with Kristen Dunst she stated that Topher was Venom and Haden Church was Sandman. I can expect that through CGI they will make Venom much bigger than Spiderman and that Topher is probably not capable of doing martial arts. Dont worry guys...he'll do fine as Venom.
What does that have to do with him being Venom?

__________________

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #79
SsM
Hope Burns Bright!
 
SsM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 16,258
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

She said that lizard was going to be in 2 and only connors was in it and he only had a few minutes of screentime. If he is eddie I personally wouldnt mind it. I just dont want venom yet. I would be ok with a cameo at the end, I dunno venom on the big screen thinking about it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth


Last edited by SsM; 03-23-2006 at 03:21 PM.
SsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #80
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,324
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

[quote=venom4life]So lemme get this straight, just cause a person is bulked up means they're stupid, as in meathead? So lemme get this straight, it's crap to have someone a a bit bigger then Tobey is probarbly unrealistic and stupid right? Gee, they got Norman and Otto dead on, hell even good ol Flint is dead on. As well as Harry, but no, let's cast nacho chip-thin gopher as Eddie Brock? Nobody has ever said that Brock has to be a gigantic man with muscles bigger then the hulk, no, nobody wants that. No were getting wafer thin VINO. But hey, the Venom fans as you call us, are concerned about their favorite villain.

I'm thrilled that Venom is finally going to appear, but im not so thrilled that VINO is going to take his place. Brock has always been an intimidating man, but nope, if were to say that, we'd be wrong. No we're not allowed to defend a character that we are fans of, nope. I suppose we're all ****ing idiots then, right?[quote]

You said it. j/p

So once again we're talking about Topher Grace as Eddie? Well I'm going to say what I've always said. I'm open to Grace as Brock and refuse to shoot him down. However, the longer this silence from Sony and co. goes on the worse it will get. They are making things worse for themselves because they are coming across as being afraid to publicy admit who Grace is and show some official pictures of him.

Stalling on official confirmation will hurt Grace and I fear that THIS is what will kill Grace's chance to shine as Eddie. Sony need to show some faith in Grace and get behind him. It's a disgrace how they've handled things.


Last edited by TheFuture; 03-23-2006 at 03:34 PM.
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #81
SsM
Hope Burns Bright!
 
SsM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 16,258
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

[quote=TheFuture]
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom4life

So once again we're talking about Topher Grace as Eddie? Well I'm going to say what I've always said. I'm open to Grace as Brock and refuse to shoot him down. However, the longer this silence from Sony and co. goes on the worse it will get. They are making things worse for themselves because they are coming across as being afraid to publicy admit who Grace is and show some official pictures of him.

Stalling on official confirmation will hurt Grace and I fear that THIS is what will kill Grace's chance to shine as Eddie. Sony need to show some faith in Grace and get behind him. It's a disgrace how they've handled things.
I aggree whole heartedly with what you say. Their attempts to build up suspense for the unveiling may end up being the downfall for the character and the actor thats going to play the character. But really... I dunno I'm not as enthusiastic about the movies as I used to be when i was in HS when sm1 came out. I used to be unable to wait for anything. Now a days Im alot more patient so... we will see.


Last edited by SsM; 03-23-2006 at 03:45 PM.
SsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #82
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer
SHH! Administrator
 
Cmill216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Thames House
Posts: 23,501
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

They're holding it back cause they don't feel like laying all their cards on the table yet. They have every right to "wait this long". We've got a whole year before this film comes out. They created buzz with the Sandman pic back in October/November. They created even MORE buzz in February with the black costume pic. Don't look for anything new for at least another month or two. Just be patient, people.

__________________

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #83
Symbiotica
Side-Kick
 
Symbiotica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Down among the madmen at Arkham Asylum...
Posts: 10,366
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture
However, the longer this silence from Sony and co. goes on the worse it will get. They are making things worse for themselves because they are coming across as being afraid to publicy admit who Grace is and show some official pictures of him.

Stalling on official confirmation will hurt Grace and I fear that THIS is what will kill Grace's chance to shine as Eddie. Sony need to show some faith in Grace and get behind him. It's a disgrace how they've handled things.
This part at least is an extremely accurate assessment; right now Sony is doing themselves damage by not confessing what's what.

If he's someone else, abate fan-person ire by telling us who he really is, so the extreme fury felt by a pretty good bit of the fanbase can subside into enthusiasm - or at least a willingness to see more before rendering judgement.

If he is in fact Venom, sooner or later guess what? They're going to have to admit it, I am not sure what this stalling is going to accomplish. Admit it, reveal the costume [unless that's already been done, and there's a good chance that is so.... +/- Spider-Man], show people willing to accept the idea WHY this is such a great thing.

People disgusted by the idea can write the thing off, everybody happy.

[I have a feeling Sony knows that the instant they reveal, the fanpeople equivalent of nuclear warfare is going to break out... which raises the question of WHY they'd want to tick off their target audience to begin with, but c'est la vie. Thankfully they are not gambling with MY half-billion dollars.]

__________________
For innate cruelty of deed, no animal can surpass Woman.- Ragnar Redbeard
Symbiotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 PM   #84
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
This part at least is an extremely accurate assessment; right now Sony is doing themselves damage by not confessing what's what.

If he's someone else, abate fan-person ire by telling us who he really is, so the extreme fury felt by a pretty good bit of the fanbase can subside into enthusiasm - or at least a willingness to see more before rendering judgement.

If he is in fact Venom, sooner or later guess what? They're going to have to admit it, I am not sure what this stalling is going to accomplish. Admit it, reveal the costume [unless that's already been done, and there's a good chance that is so.... +/- Spider-Man], show people willing to accept the idea WHY this is such a great thing.

People disgusted by the idea can write the thing off, everybody happy.

[I have a feeling Sony knows that the instant they reveal, the fanpeople equivalent of nuclear warfare is going to break out... which raises the question of WHY they'd want to tick off their target audience to begin with, but c'est la vie. Thankfully they are not gambling with MY half-billion dollars.]

"Damage"???? From whom? You SERIOUSLY believe that the majority of this film's mainstream audience gives a rat's ass WHO is playing Venom?

I'd estimate that at least 90% of the folks who have seen the first two movies don't even READ the comics.

Why would they care?

And some of you really believe that Sony is somehow "afraid" to admit who Grace is playing?

That has to be the funniest damn thing i've ever read on these boards in six years.

__________________
The poster formerly known as "CaptainStacy"...
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #85
Obi-Ron
Deal with it
 
Obi-Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Flying blind on a rocket cycle
Posts: 12,033
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

"Fan-person ire" = people talking about the movie = free advertising

__________________
Team Superman
Obi-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:29 AM   #86
Symbiotica
Side-Kick
 
Symbiotica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Down among the madmen at Arkham Asylum...
Posts: 10,366
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy
"Damage"???? From whom? You SERIOUSLY believe that the majority of this film's mainstream audience gives a rat's ass WHO is playing Venom?

I'd estimate that at least 90% of the folks who have seen the first two movies don't even READ the comics.

Why would they care?

And some of you really believe that Sony is somehow "afraid" to admit who Grace is playing?

That has to be the funniest damn thing i've ever read on these boards in six years.
So riddle me this: If just any old person will do, if no one cares about even a little accuracy with who's cast, if they don't care if the movie's plot is even remotely related to the comics, then I want to know two things....

1. Why did the Catwoman movie flop resoundingly and

2. Why did the first two Spidey movies, which for the most part were extraordinarily well-cast and had storylines at least in the same universe with classic storylines, do so well?

And yes, I have been wondering for a while now about Sony's reticence about Grace. Were they reticent about revealing who Alfred Molina was cast as? No. Yet here, we're hearing a resounding silence.

Why is that? [and no, I'm not buying "hype! They're building hype!" for even an instant.]

These are serious questions, not sarcastic ones. If the fanbase's opinion does not matter, then Catwoman should have been an off-the-charts hit. And so should Daredevil, for that matter; not to hint that DD is anywhere near as bad as CW. Elektra should have been a runaway.

__________________
For innate cruelty of deed, no animal can surpass Woman.- Ragnar Redbeard
Symbiotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:23 AM   #87
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
So riddle me this: If just any old person will do, if no one cares about even a little accuracy with who's cast, if they don't care if the movie's plot is even remotely related to the comics, then I want to know two things....

1. Why did the Catwoman movie flop resoundingly and
Because it was a bad movie. Filled with poor acting, intollerable dialogue, a plot that had as many holes as your average piece of Swiss Cheese, and some of the worst direction you could ever find this site of Uwe Boll. CINO could've featured Selina Kyle to a T and it still would've been trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
2. Why did the first two Spidey movies, which for the most part were extraordinarily well-cast and had storylines at least in the same universe with classic storylines, do so well?
Because those two films were almost the exac opposite of CINO; they had strong stories and dialogue, (as you said) some really great casting, and quality direction to back it up as well. In short, they were good movies, and thusly, were successful. CINO was - not just a bad adaption - a bad movie, and that, among other things, is why it failed so horribly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
And yes, I have been wondering for a while now about Sony's reticence about Grace. Were they reticent about revealing who Alfred Molina was cast as? No. Yet here, we're hearing a resounding silence.
There's a distinct difference however; Molina was SM2's main villain - Venom, by all accounts, is not. He's sharing the screen with Sandman, who, like Molina, was never that much of a mystery from the general public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
Why is that? [and no, I'm not buying "hype! They're building hype!" for even an instant.]
Honestly, I don't know. Honestly, I don't care. Keeping secrets is not all that unusual for feature films, if you'll notice. Batman Begins kept its little secrets, Superman Returns kept its little secrets, I can't see why you'd be all that surprised that Spider-Man 3 is doing the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
These are serious questions, not sarcastic ones. If the fanbase's opinion does not matter, then Catwoman should have been an off-the-charts hit. And so should Daredevil, for that matter; not to hint that DD is anywhere near as bad as CW. Elektra should have been a runaway.
No, they shouldn't have. Don't confuse adaptation with overall quality of filmmaking. Y'know, look at Blade. Completely different from the comics, and it was perfectly successful.

Look at the Batman '89, again quite different from the comics, and yet still, it was highest grossing comic book movie ever for over a decade.

X-Men wasn't that faithful. There's dozens of discussions over the misuse of key X-Men characters.

Even Superman: The Movie made some giant divations from the comics at the present time - the largest definitely being the shifting of Lex Luthor from a Mad, but brilliant scientist, into an apparently evil real estate tycoon.

So there's four franchises that made some definite changes from their comic sources, and were still both critically and financially successful. Why? Because they were, first and foremost, good movies.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.

Last edited by CConn; 03-25-2006 at 05:33 AM.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:53 AM   #88
Visionary
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 16,080
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Hahaha...Sony scared of a few idiotic geeks, whom they know are going to be in theaters on May 4, 2007 regardless, hahaha...freakin' hilarious...you people seriously keep me laughing!

I guess you never heard of the "THE GREAT ORGANIC WEB-SHOOTERS DEBATE," eh? More than 1.5 Billion dollars later and organics are still in the film. Yeah, they're horrified of you fanboys.

They can care less about your ******ing, because you're a ticket already sold.


Last edited by Visionary; 03-25-2006 at 05:22 AM.
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:27 AM   #89
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,513
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary
Hahaha...Sony scared of a few idiotic geeks, whom they know are going to be in theaters on May 4, 2007 regardless, hahaha...freakin' hilarious...you people seriously keep me laughing!

I guess you never heard of the "THE GREAT ORGANIC WEB-SHOOTERS DEBATE," eh? More than 1.5 Billion dollars later and organics are still in the film. Yeah, they're horrified of you fanboys.

They can care less about your ******ing, because you're a ticket already sold.
^

__________________
ASM3:Kraven/Venom
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=219

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #90
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotica
So riddle me this: If just any old person will do, if no one cares about even a little accuracy with who's cast, if they don't care if the movie's plot is even remotely related to the comics, then I want to know two things....

1. Why did the Catwoman movie flop resoundingly and

2. Why did the first two Spidey movies, which for the most part were extraordinarily well-cast and had storylines at least in the same universe with classic storylines, do so well?

And yes, I have been wondering for a while now about Sony's reticence about Grace. Were they reticent about revealing who Alfred Molina was cast as? No. Yet here, we're hearing a resounding silence.

Why is that? [and no, I'm not buying "hype! They're building hype!" for even an instant.]

These are serious questions, not sarcastic ones. If the fanbase's opinion does not matter, then Catwoman should have been an off-the-charts hit. And so should Daredevil, for that matter; not to hint that DD is anywhere near as bad as CW. Elektra should have been a runaway.

See Cconn's post directly below yours for all your answers. He sums it up quite nicely.

__________________
The poster formerly known as "CaptainStacy"...
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #91
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary
I guess you never heard of the "THE GREAT ORGANIC WEB-SHOOTERS DEBATE," eh? More than 1.5 Billion dollars later and organics are still in the film. Yeah, they're horrified of you fanboys.
'nuff said.

__________________
The poster formerly known as "CaptainStacy"...
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #92
Pagrebo
Side-Kick
 
Pagrebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hawaii... beachfront... so hate me!!
Posts: 1,256
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn
Because it was a bad movie. Filled with poor acting, intollerable dialogue, a plot that had as many holes as your average piece of Swiss Cheese, and some of the worst direction you could ever find this site of Uwe Boll. CINO could've featured Selina Kyle to a T and it still would've been trash.
Because those two films were almost the exac opposite of CINO; they had strong stories and dialogue, (as you said) some really great casting, and quality direction to back it up as well. In short, they were good movies, and thusly, were successful. CINO was - not just a bad adaption - a bad movie, and that, among other things, is why it failed so horribly.
There's a distinct difference however; Molina was SM2's main villain - Venom, by all accounts, is not. He's sharing the screen with Sandman, who, like Molina, was never that much of a mystery from the general public.
Honestly, I don't know. Honestly, I don't care. Keeping secrets is not all that unusual for feature films, if you'll notice. Batman Begins kept its little secrets, Superman Returns kept its little secrets, I can't see why you'd be all that surprised that Spider-Man 3 is doing the same.
No, they shouldn't have. Don't confuse adaptation with overall quality of filmmaking. Y'know, look at Blade. Completely different from the comics, and it was perfectly successful.

Look at the Batman '89, again quite different from the comics, and yet still, it was highest grossing comic book movie ever for over a decade.

X-Men wasn't that faithful. There's dozens of discussions over the misuse of key X-Men characters.

Even Superman: The Movie made some giant divations from the comics at the present time - the largest definitely being the shifting of Lex Luthor from a Mad, but brilliant scientist, into an apparently evil real estate tycoon.

So there's four franchises that made some definite changes from their comic sources, and were still both critically and financially successful. Why? Because they were, first and foremost, good movies.
Any Questions?????

__________________
Bring back Visionary... without him you are all blind!!!
Pagrebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #93
Symbiotica
Side-Kick
 
Symbiotica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Down among the madmen at Arkham Asylum...
Posts: 10,366
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

I left comparisons to the Batman, Superman and X-franchises out of my equation for a specific reason: my real question [despite my references to S-M1 and 2] is not, what makes good films successful - we have a pretty good idea of that - but what makes bad ones unsuccessful?

Can we truly do any old thing we want and be 100% assured the public will accept it?

Was Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor really that great of an idea?

Is this:


... really that great of an idea in its turn? I laughed out loud when I saw that.

As for this idea that Sandman must be the main villain here since his identity has already been revealed, there's really nothing I can say that hasn't been said before. Enjoy your movie, people.

__________________
For innate cruelty of deed, no animal can surpass Woman.- Ragnar Redbeard
Symbiotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #94
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Symbiotica, using crappy manipulated photos does not legitimize your arguments.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #95
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,324
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary
Hahaha...Sony scared of a few idiotic geeks, whom they know are going to be in theaters on May 4, 2007 regardless, hahaha...freakin' hilarious...you people seriously keep me laughing!

I guess you never heard of the "THE GREAT ORGANIC WEB-SHOOTERS DEBATE," eh? More than 1.5 Billion dollars later and organics are still in the film. Yeah, they're horrified of you fanboys.

They can care less about your ******ing, because you're a ticket already sold.
Well mate, "I'm not an idiotic geek" as you put it. Hell, I never read a comic in my life. I like the 90s animated series and the Films, that's it. I simply have a gripe with Sony due to what I see as ill-treatment of Topher Grace. And of course I'm a ticket already sold, just as you are and everybody ****ing else, so I don't understand why you even say this.

Can I ask you a question Visionary? Why is it that everytime I enter a thread I'm always greeted by sarcasm in your posts. Why is it that you go from thread to thread insulting people and never contribute anything to a thread. All I see you do is provoke people and ruin a thread.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:18 PM   #96
Abaddon
Watching
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Riding an elephant in a snake
Posts: 38,941
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

I voted yes out of spite.

Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #97
Visionary
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 16,080
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture
Well mate, "I'm not an idiotic geek" as you put it. Hell, I never read a comic in my life. I like the 90s animated series and the Films, that's it. I simply have a gripe with Sony due to what I see as ill-treatment of Topher Grace. And of course I'm a ticket already sold, just as you are and everybody ****ing else, so I don't understand why you even say this.

Can I ask you a question Visionary? Why is it that everytime I enter a thread I'm always greeted by sarcasm in your posts. Why is it that you go from thread to thread insulting people and never contribute anything to a thread. All I see you do is provoke people and ruin a thread.
Put me on your 'Ignore List,' Mr. Thin-Skin, problem solved.

And I only call you exactly what you are.

Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #98
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,324
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary
Put me on your 'Ignore List,' Mr. Thin-Skin, problem solved.

And I only call you exactly what you are.
I simply don't like your attitude at times Visionary, no point in putting you on my 'ignore list' for that.

And wow, being called an idiot by someone across the atlantic on the internet really gets to me.

Back on topic, the reason why I am dismayed at Sony's handling of things is simple: Willem Defoe, Alfred Molina and Thomas Hayden Church all recieved little to no criticism after being cast in their respective roles. However, Topher Grace has been relentlessly abused and attacked and Sony don't know how to respond. I hope Topher has a relaxed personality because if I was in his shoes I would feel awfully pissed off.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #99
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture
I hope Topher has a relaxed personality because if I was in his shoes I would feel awfully pissed off.
Considering the pay check, I wouldn't be.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #100
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,324
Default Re: How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
Considering the pay check, I wouldn't be.
The man could hit the ground crashing and burning before the film even comes out. Say if every fan was like Symbotica(I'm not attacking Sym), the theaters would be empty due to anger of Tophers casting. That's a bombed film and a ruined career for Grace. Somehow one paycheck wouln't console me.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.