The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Which villian should be set up for the sequel?
Brainiac 57 56.44%
Doomsday 9 8.91%
Darkseid 7 6.93%
Bizarro 2 1.98%
General Zod 7 6.93%
Parasite 4 3.96%
Metallo 14 13.86%
Other (Please State) 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2006, 04:27 AM   #51
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Which Villian Should Be Set Up For The Sequel In This Movie?

I would say Brainiac and/or Mettallo.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:02 AM   #52
dark_b
Side-Kick

well spacey confirmed that he will be in the sequel. so i guess a team-up with lex and a supervillain.

Last edited by dark_b; 03-26-2006 at 05:28 AM.
dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #53
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triano
i'd like to see parasite done well, too, but they'd have to tweak his origin too to put him with someobdy else. who, i don;t know...who WOULD work well with parasite?
You're a fool with bad grammar. Why exactly would they have to make another character into the Parasite? What possible reasoning do you have for that?

I don't want Zod to appear in a sequel or to be hinted at in this movie, though I would love for many other villains to be set up in this movie (that doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to show up as villains in sequels afterall. Just show their alternate ID's, ala Dr. Connors in Spider-man 2). Show Hank Henshaw (the Cyborg Superman) as the pilot of the space shuttle that Superman saves, show Alex Trent (Bloodsport), John Corben (Metallo), Rudy Jones (the Parasite), Kitty Faulkner (Rampage), Dr. Killgrave, whoever.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #54
Naite22
Side-Kick

The ending of Superman Returns shouldn't have the USUAL cliffhanger ending, like in all other superhero movies! A villain should definitly be hinted at through out the movie, but not at the very end, like in all others.. RETURNS should end with the beautiful shot of Supes flying in space and looking into the camera smiling just as he flies past.. RETURNS should end with an epic feel.. the world has gotten back their savior! It should be a good satisfying ending. When you're walking out of that theater you should be thinking of what an amazing film you've just seen, not speculate over who might be the villain in the 3 YEARS AWAY SEQUEL!...

Last edited by Naite22; 03-26-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Naite22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #55
Kane

Quote:
i'm sorry, but that's not going to happen in ANY film. it's way too convoluted, outside superman's range, and, frankly, ridiculous to be in a serious superman film. it's a nutty story about an extra-dimensional dictator with heat vision and rock skin and flying rock monkeys for pets on a volcano planet with...i mean, come on. george lucas would have trouble putting something this OUT THERE in a star wars film, nevermind a superman movie.
Well George Lucas has a lack of vision nowadays. Superman could easily be described as a 'nutty convoluted' character too but through the process of developing this motion picture; he becomes real.

Quote:
and how about the logistics of the story? how does he get there? WHY? is manheim and intergang a part of it? how long IS this movie, 5, 6 hours long?
This is how I'd handle the story. No intergang or manheim, just like SR the storyline can be reinvented and tweaked to work on its own.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...7&postcount=16

I'd say Darkseid is a pretty central and popular Superman villian. Hes also one of the most challenging and twisted foes Superman has ever faced. Hes an actual match for Superman in battle too as his Omega Rays could potentially do serious damage to Supes. I could really see Michael Clarke Duncan playing him (he has the voice) and bringing the character to life.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #56
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
The New Gods aare too much for one movie, there will be 3 films, any more than that is too many IMO
The new god story can work. The animated series introduced them over the span of a 2part episode remember? They basically just gave a vague backstory to the New Genesis/Apololips conflict.

3 movies at most? Ridiculous. Im confident there will be way more beyond a trilogy if SR is successful. The same with Batman Begins....both could last for several movies and I think Routh and Bale would be ready to do them if the scripts are good.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #57
Kane

Quote:
i think it would be nice to have the braniac story next, however they would do it, whether it be the STAS method, of braniac being kryptonian and having a great deal to do with that planet's destruction or a pre-crisis-inspired tale with a brand new take (the one i'm hoping for), i think braniac and lex and MAYBE metallo (like the one guy said) because of the obvious leap in tech that it would take to put a guy's brain into a machine body with a kryptonite heart...yeah, braniac.

i'd like to see parasite done well, too, but they'd have to tweak his origin too to put him with someobdy else. who, i don;t know...who WOULD work well with parasite?
Hmmm Parasites in the video game too so I dont know if he'll be a strong villian to use.

They shouldnt tie Brainiac with Krypton, STAS did it to make Brainiac into a composite character with Eradicator. I'd say they should do an adaption of the classic Vril Dox story.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #58
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis Superman
The new god story can work. The animated series introduced them over the span of a 2part episode remember? They basically just gave a vague backstory to the New Genesis/Apololips conflict.

3 movies at most? Ridiculous. Im confident there will be way more beyond a trilogy if SR is successful. The same with Batman Begins....both could last for several movies and I think Routh and Bale would be ready to do them if the scripts are good.

you have to undertsand I'm a New gods whore and I feel they deserve their own movie.

It doesnt matter if a villain is in a video game, in fact that will probably make people want to see those villains in the movies even more.

I have strong feeling Metallo will be set up for the sequel, and Brainiac for the third (Though he should just be called Vril Dox as IMO Brainiac would be al aughable name to the general public)

And if there is a fourth then I'd love to see Mongul

Old 03-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #59
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't remember a Metallo rumor?

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #60
Kane

The only problem with the character already appearing in the SR video game is you already see a storyline featuring him and see Brandon Routh's Superman defeating him.. It takes away alot from the movie if hes the lead villian.

We also see Metallo's mecha-type giant robot in the game too. I dont think Spiderman ever used any of it's extra villians they put into the video games for the movies.

Not that I wouldnt mind Metallo, but it would be pretty boring to me if Ive already faced him off in the game. Brainiac seems the best choice.

For some reason, if Singer has creative control for future films, I could see him using Bizzaro ...humanizing the character and making him into some King Kong type that the audience develops sympathy for.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #61
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029
I don't remember a Metallo rumor?

There were a lot of rumors that john Corben/Metallo would be in this film during the early stages of Dan and mike writing it

Old 03-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #62
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

Quote:
The only problem with the character already appearing in the SR video game is you already see a storyline featuring him and see Brandon Routh's Superman defeating him.. It takes away alot from the movie if hes the lead villian.

We also see Metallo's mecha-type giant robot in the game too. I dont think Spiderman ever used any of it's extra villians they put into the video games for the movies.

Not that I wouldnt mind Metallo, but it would be pretty boring to me if Ive already faced him off in the game. Brainiac seems the best choice.

For some reason, if Singer has creative control for future films, I could see him using Bizzaro ...humanizing the character and making him into some King Kong type that the audience develops sympathy for.

So if they put Darkseid in the game you wouldnt want him in the movie?

Old 03-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #63
Kane

Quote:
you have to undertsand I'm a New gods whore and I feel they deserve their own movie.
Ya I dont see that happening. Superman is probably the best outlet to deal with them or at least introduce them.

Off topic here, I dont even think a Green Arrow movie would fly right away (given the similarities to Batman) so they best way to deal with him is to introduce Oliver Queen (before becoming GA) in the GL movie. If his character is popular with the audience, then they'll know that a GA movie would fly featuring him.

I think Darkseid would be a very popular villian if used. I mean the entire DCAU ended in a final battle between him and Superman. Theyre pretty intergrated to each other from a public prespective. His interactions with Luthor were pretty priceless too.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:35 AM   #64
Kane

Quote:
So if they put Darkseid in the game you wouldnt want him in the movie?
Exactly. I wouldnt. But I think they were smart enough not to, they didnt really use any major powerhouse villians in this game....Metallo, Parasite, Cadmus Creatures etc Almost seems like the usage of characters not strong enough to support an entire movie based around them.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #65
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

Quote:
Exactly. I wouldnt. But I think they were smart enough not to, they didnt really use any major powerhouse villians in this game....Metallo, Parasite, Cadmus Creatures etc Almost seems like the usage of characters not strong enough to support an entire movie based around them.

If you want the game to be any fun, those characters, should be in the game AND a movie, imagine seeing a live action fight of what you did in the game, the appearance in a game will increase the villains profile and make people want those characters in a film. Also IMO a Lex and Metallo working together is easily strong enough to supprt a film

Old 03-26-2006, 09:52 AM   #66
Kane

Um the characters of the second movie will obviously appear in the game for the second movie...

Were still dealing with the game for the first movie.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #67
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

Quote:
Um the characters of the second movie will obviously appear in the game for the second movie...

Were still dealing with the game for the first movie.

more than the charcters that apear in this film will be in the game, and it seems like you dont want any game to have good villains coz then that would ruin future movies to you, which makes no sense to me

Old 03-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #68
Kane

Erg no listen. The major villians should appear first in the movie and then in the subsequent game associated with that movie. All the secondary villians in the games should be ones not intended for usage in the films.

I wouldnt mind Metallo appearing in the game for the sequel if hes IN the second film....but appearing in the first, way before the sequel, kinda takes alot of the excitement out of seeing how he would appear in the sequel movie for me.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #69
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

I got ya now, but for me personally it's reversed. seeing them in the game would make me want to seee them even more on screen

Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #70
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
There were a lot of rumors that john Corben/Metallo would be in this film during the early stages of Dan and mike writing it
I remember that, but don't remember any during production. Unless my Richard White theory comes true.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #71
Il_Siciliano
The Nembo Kid Mafia

Braniac is the obvious choice. Metallo is a side-villain at best.
This will NEVER happen. But I'd love to see:
(second movie) Luthor is dealing with an alien dictator (Darkseid? Mongul?) to ensure that he (the alien) can take over the earth, letting Luthor rule as a "puppet-king". The alien is far away, and in the meantime Luthor must get rid of Superman to make the invasion easier. He does this by using some sort of technology/robot/enemy supplied by the alien (Braniac? Doomsday?). Epic battle, Superman wins, but barely and is horribly weakened. He flies in to face Luthor who is staring into a screen completely awestruck.
Luthor "What have I done..."
Superman looks up into the sky. His face contorts into somthing resembling true fear.
Cut to outer space. An IMMENSE array of nasty looking spacecrafts hovers just out of the atmosphere.
The invasion begins.

(Movie three) Superman is defeated at the beginning, being weakened by his battle in movie 2. Aliens take over, cover the sky (sun can't get through).
Luthor works on technology that can pierce through the sun shield so that Superman can regain his powers. He succeeds. Superman fights alien invaders. Basically Independence Day with Superman.

I'd like that.

Il_Siciliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #72
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

^Sounds cool.

I like the idea of Braniac and Lex using Metallo as a physical force.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #73
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

I want Brainiac to be the main villain in sequel.

I hope Singer will include it in next movie.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #74
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

It's possible.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #75
Il_Siciliano
The Nembo Kid Mafia

I think that if he does he should not call him Braniac. An alien has no business having a name like Braniac in 21st century movies. If he wants to call him Braniac he must be a computer created on earth, some highly publicised-ultratech new computer which nasa (or whoever) has been working on for ages. Now it is released, and a new prosperous age for humnity can commence. But the computer is posessed by the consciousness of an alien, Vril Dox, who uses Braniac to blablablabla, among other things, to create Metallo. This was made possible by Luthor, who hacked into Braniac, opening a gateway for Vril to go through, in return for special privileges once the world conquest has succeeded.
Vril is the vanguard of a full-on invasion by some intergalactic mofo like Darkseid. Who invades in movie III.
This way we get Darkseid using Braniac using Metallo thanks to the aid of Lex, who also helps Superman in movie 3.

(this is all referring to my previous post, on page 2 in this thread)

Il_Siciliano is offline   Reply With Quote