The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Who's mutant power will be more useful for the final battle in x3
Storm 117 66.48%
Iceman 19 10.80%
Colosuss 14 7.95%
Shadow Cat 7 3.98%
Wolverine 12 6.82%
Beast 7 3.98%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #51
Electrix
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who's mutant power will be useful during the final battle of x-men in x3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command
That would be Storm, tidal waves, lighting, looks like Halle Berry.
Haha! If the powers dont work just strip!

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #52
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Default Re: Who's mutant power will be useful during the final battle of x-men in x3?

Exactly!!

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #53
chaseter
Bland User

Phoenix will rule the show and nobody but herself will be able to stop her. Jean will go good during the final battle and turn it around for the X-Men.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #54
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterparty
I think Storm is considerably overrepresented here. She has command of the elements, but she is otherwise physically frail. I've always considered her to be a lesser version of Thor. I am fairly certain that Magneto's polarized shields are for the most part immune to lightning, for that matter.

Ironically enough, the greatest threats to Magneto are likely to be the youngest X-Men: Rogue, Iceman, or Kitty.
Magneto can absorb lightning or deflect it. Electricity merely boosts his magnetism, as it does in realworld science. He's sent Storm's lightning flying back at her, and absorbed lightning to recharg himself. Movie Magneto won't be that awesomely powerful, but could probably shield himself from lightning.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #55
Exploding Boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthyStevens4
Storm. Her fogs could be most useful in confusing and separating her enemies.
And her team mates.

Last edited by Exploding Boy; 03-30-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Exploding Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #56
Exploding Boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterparty
My vote goes with Dr. Henry McCoy.

Hank's being introduced into the film and will probably play a vital role in the solution to the "mutant cure" plot, if it is anything like the Astonishing X-Men storyline on which it appears to be loosely based. The guy is a genius on level with Reed Richards, I would argue. Plus he's the new big addition, along with Angel and Kitty.
I would be sweet to see him fight like he fought Wolvie in Astonishing.

Exploding Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #57
BMM
Side-Kick

I think Rogue could be one of the most useful fighters if she were skilled in the use of her power . . . especially if she absorbs everyone elses abilities and is able to manipulate them effectively. She's done something similar a couple of times in the comics. She's practically the entire team rolled into one person, when she wants to be.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #58
XUniverse

Rogue

Old 03-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #59
X-Gal123
Side-Kick

Well Rogue would be the best because Kitty could get her close to anyone and everyone so she would be like a one woman army. Since Rogue isn't an option, Storm.

Storm can take out the most people with her wide ranged attacks. Wolverine can take out people fast too, but they are fighting Magneto so like five minutes into the battle he would be useless. Same with Collosus. Iceman and Kitty aren't that great because they are inexperienced and they wouldn't be as ruthless. Beast can only hurt so many people at a time. So the most powerful from the options is Storm.

On the Brotherhood side Phoenix because she is basically the most powerful thing in the Marvel universe.

Avatar courtesy of Mr Lex Luthor

Last edited by X-Gal123; 03-30-2006 at 08:03 PM.
X-Gal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #60
GreatWhiteWhale
Side-Kick

Storm, by far.

I mean, who really needs the X-Men? She could just create a bunch of tornadoes and knock everyone to hell.

Kitty could be cool too; running through everyone, 'phasing' theyre brain-waves, or whatever clever 'scientific' use of her powers they're always harping on about.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #61
jmao
Pot Head

i said beast cause hes furry like kitties

jmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #62
Neto Magnus
Banned User

I say Mag-effin-neto!

but what about Phoenix?

Neto Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #63
gambitfire
Banned User

i think its shadowcat because she's a heartbreaker. OH BAM DOUBLE MEANING!!! LMAO

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #64
LEX
No justice; just us.

Storm, of course. Duh. She can conjure tornadoes, tidal waves, deadly hails, etc etc. Kitty comes in a close second and Wolverine in third. I know, but Kitty can phase and she can just easily rip out the hearts. Ta-da.

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:45 PM   #65
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

I would agree with Lex luther on those 3

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:55 PM   #66
Halcohol
Suit up

I think Storm is being over-hyped for this movie. Sure she'll be throwing lightning bolts around, yes she can fly, and yes, she can whip up some wind & rain, but I doubt we'll see her going full-fledged blizzard on people, because that would really make Iceman's powers visually redundant.

Oh, and we see a splash of water going to hit a bunch of people, and everyone starts calling it a 'tidal wave'. It's not like she'll be doing it over and over again.

I think, while Storm is flying and causing mass destruction, she'll be busy leading the team (hopefully giving orders, just like Cyclops in X1). Beast and Wolverine will be scrappin', and I can't wait to see Hank in action, bouncing from shoulder to shoulder and generally kicking people in the face

Meanwhile Colossus will be throwing people left and right while Iceman zips around on his slide freezing people. The only person I'm concerned about seeing in the final battle will be Kitty, but I'm sure they've come up with some clever ways to show her powers being used offensively, or else they wouldn't have included her.

I can't wait for May 26

Halcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #67
gambitfire
Banned User

i want to see her phasing into the ground and popping up places.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #68
LEX
No justice; just us.

Oh, you can choose the bad guys? Well, in that case, cross out Kitty. I think Phoenix would be useful. She's the Phoenix. Enough said.

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #69
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Cyclops'...............................

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #70
gambitfire
Banned User

::sighs:: let us never speak of he who will not be there.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #71
Spikey
Side-Kick

A mix between Storm and Iceman...

Storm with the tidal waves and then Iceman freezes them.

Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #72
jmao
Pot Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey
A mix between Storm and Iceman...

Storm with the tidal waves and then Iceman freezes them.

storm can freeze people too

Old 03-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #73
RagingTempest
Side-Kick

Storm, she will be the strongest of the X-men in this movie, since Cyclops won't be leading and Jean is all evil. Iceman is second, then Wolverine, then Colossus, then Kitty, Beast, and so on...

RagingTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #74
jmao
Pot Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lex Luthor
Storm, of course. Duh. She can conjure tornadoes, tidal waves, deadly hails, etc etc. Kitty comes in a close second and Wolverine in third. I know, but Kitty can phase and she can just easily rip out the hearts. Ta-da.

lol as much as id like to see this movie turn into a slaughter fest, kitty pulling hearts out is not gonna happen... even wolverine slashing people doesnt seem to draw much blood... sucks...

if the world truly had mutants in it, thered be so much more bloodshed

Old 03-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #75
RagingTempest
Side-Kick

I think they keep the X-men films and Spider-man films PG-13 for the kid fans.

RagingTempest is offline   Reply With Quote