The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #26
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Default Re: Le sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay
The thing is, Gambit doesn't HAVE to be some frontline character like Nightcrawler or Beast. A supporting role works well for him, and also allows them to expand on his character should they make a 4th movie.

Anyways, who says he will be in should there be a 4th movie? The talk after X2 was if they made a 3rd movie, we WOULD see him them. This is the 2nd time now we've been told "he'll be in the next one"

And no, I won't be pleased, because come X4, he still won't be used properly. He'll be used as Wolverine's replacement, and be fighting alongside X-Men: The Lizzie McGuire Years, because they couldn't get any of the actors back, ditched all the characters that matter, and have a core of Kitty, Iceman, Gambit, and Jones.
1. Well thats just too bad. It seems the writers want him as a frontline character. Deal with it.

2. How many times does it have to be said? It seems they did want him for X2 and X3 BUT THERE JUST WASN'T ROOM TO GIVE HIM THE ROLE THEY HAVE IN MIND FOR HIM.

3. What?? He so you want him in a movie yet your automatically assuming he will suck anyways even if he is given top character treatment?? There is just no pleasing you I give up...lol.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #27
LEX
No justice; just us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerko89
Yeah it should, it will help keep alive the official gambit thread.
Exactly.

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #28
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue
1. Well thats just too bad. It seems the writers want him as a frontline character. Deal with it.

2. How many times does it have to be said? It seems they did want him for X2 and X3 BUT THERE JUST WASN'T ROOM TO GIVE HIM THE ROLE THEY HAVE IN MIND FOR HIM.

3. What?? He so you want him in a movie yet your automatically assuming he will suck anyways even if he is given top character treatment?? There is just no pleasing you I give up...lol.
1. How does putting him in as a cameo or supporting role now stop them from doing that should future movies happen? And in the meantime, it gives us fans an oppourtunity to see our favorite character (and one of the most popular X-Men characters period, so he's a general fan favorite too) should there not be another movie.

2. It's called dropping the ball. Certain priorities should have been established when adding new characters. Nightcrawler was an already established character, he should have been a priority. Gambit has been promised to us since the Last Supper, he should have been a priority. Angel and Beast have been in the plans since the beginning, they should have been priorities (and were). Characters like Colossus and Kitty, as great of additions as they may be (and I love Colossus) shouldn't have been a priority. Quill, Arclight, Multiple Man, and Psylocke, shouldn't have been a priority. I do honestly feel the priorities got mixed up when it came to character selection in this movie.

3. I want to see him in a movie, but I want to see him fighting with the X-Men, not the X-Babies. Gambit is not Wolverine's "replacement", which is exactly what they are saving him for, when they can't get Hugh Jackman back for anymore movies. And I wanna see Gambit fighting next to Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Angel, Colossus, Nightcrawler, not Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and Squid Boy. He should be part of the real team, not part of the makeshift team they have to come up with because they ran the franchise into the ground, couldn't get actors back, and had to get a whole new cast of characters.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #29
berzerko89
Side-Kick

wow... that was long.

berzerko89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:52 AM   #30
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lex Luthor
Exactly.
The Q&A is about more than just Gambit. Click the link, read the Q&A, and talk about any of her other comments if you're not enjoying this being a Gambit thread.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 AM   #31
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I personally dont think Kinberg has been honest about a lot of things he has said on the xverse.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #32
berzerko89
Side-Kick

well... he has his restrictions due to his contract w/ fox... and he cant reveal entirely everything and i doubt that he'd make up things. but as the saying goes " anything is possibe " im guessing that we're in for a SHOCKing surprise.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #33
LEX
No justice; just us.

Quote:
The Q&A is about more than just Gambit. Click the link, read the Q&A, and talk about any of her other comments if you're not enjoying this being a Gambit thread.
Right. Reading it now.

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #34
aaron
bullet in your face

Quote:
X2 hit theatres on May 2, 2003, and wasn't released to DVD until November 25, so the X-Men movies have precedence of waiting for a long period of time before releasing the DVD.

Which sucks, because the wait from theatre to DVD was much more painful for me with X2 than the wait for it to hit theatres...

And it will be the same this time around I don't wanna wait until December.

Speaking of December, where did you hear December, kol?
i was on a dvd site, and i searched for x-men and x-men 3 was on the list, i think it said its coming out 12th of december, which is the smartest thing for fox, just before christmas

aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #35
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Wasn't there a Gambit casting thread? Now the official Gambit thread?

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:00 AM   #36
berzerko89
Side-Kick

it will be a major blockbuster like the previous films no doubt about it.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:02 AM   #37
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
1. How does putting him in as a cameo or supporting role now stop them from doing that should future movies happen? And in the meantime, it gives us fans an oppourtunity to see our favorite character (and one of the most popular X-Men characters period, so he's a general fan favorite too) should there not be another movie.

2. It's called dropping the ball. Certain priorities should have been established when adding new characters. Nightcrawler was an already established character, he should have been a priority. Gambit has been promised to us since the Last Supper, he should have been a priority. Angel and Beast have been in the plans since the beginning, they should have been priorities (and were). Characters like Colossus and Kitty, as great of additions as they may be (and I love Colossus) shouldn't have been a priority. Quill, Arclight, Multiple Man, and Psylocke, shouldn't have been a priority. I do honestly feel the priorities got mixed up when it came to character selection in this movie.

3. I want to see him in a movie, but I want to see him fighting with the X-Men, not the X-Babies. Gambit is not Wolverine's "replacement", which is exactly what they are saving him for, when they can't get Hugh Jackman back for anymore movies. And I wanna see Gambit fighting next to Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Angel, Colossus, Nightcrawler, not Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and Squid Boy. He should be part of the real team, not part of the makeshift team they have to come up with because they ran the franchise into the ground, couldn't get actors back, and had to get a whole new cast of characters.
1. I am not one of the writers so quit asking me questions about the writing of characters...haha. I am just telling you what the most likely case is. They are saving him for a big opening sequence, big and integral part, etc. But beleve what you want that is up to you. Just telling you my perspective on the whole situation.

2. It is just hard choosing whether characters should be in or out considering the huge cast and character list. You can't please everyone in 2 hours with so many characters. The ball was dropped on alot of things because they had no choice. And all I can say is they don't want a blink and miss cameo of Gambit that will just be ignored in a future movie.

3. Well your one of those people who thinks recasts and sequels past 3 automatically mean suckage right?? No use arguing here because you already have decided that. I personally feel the franchise can goe through those stages and still maintain quality.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:04 AM   #38
Hugh'sMrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
(also goes to show that Simon Kinberg isn't being completely honest when he says that Gambit was never really a part of the movie, considering that people actually read for the part)
OMG! One of the people connected with this production wasn't completely honest!

I seriously doubt that's the only thing they've BS'd about.

Hugh'sMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #39
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
TXV: Finally, Channing Tatum said recently that you asked him to come to Vancouver and he read twice for a role in the third film that was ultimately cut. Can you tell us who you had him read for?

LSD: Channing actually read in Los Angeles, not in Vancouver, during our casting process. And he read for Gambit when we thought Gambit might be in the movie.

The tease, the broken promises, the lies, my heart keeps on breakin'... he was in, why did they have to cut him?

(also goes to show that Simon Kinberg isn't being completely honest when he says that Gambit was never really a part of the movie, considering that people actually read for the part)

http://www.thexverse.com/interviews/311.shtml

^ You can find the rest of the interview with Lauren Shuler Donner at this link to the xverse. It's not the "X-Men 7, 8, 9, 10" one (I don't think it's been posted)
There were no lies, no promises...Kinberg and Penn have always said that Gambit never made it far into the early scripts...

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #40
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002
There were no lies, no promises...Kinberg and Penn have always said that Gambit never made it far into the early scripts...

-TNC
Yeah I mean he was considered, tryed to be fitted into the story, and thrown around during pre-production but he never was actually part of any script was he??

Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #41
ljr
Side-Kick

Ah man we could have had gambit-damn fox.I was watching channing tatum the other day in She's the man(yes I admit it I watched the film and liked it-oh the shame.lol) and I thought he was hot-they should consider him for x4 or the gen-x spin-off.

ljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #42
aaron
bullet in your face

you think everyones hot ljr! lol

aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #43
ljr
Side-Kick

No I just think good looking guys are hot,and channing is hot.He would have made a good gambit to anna's rogue,ahhh the missed oppitunites.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #44
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd Rautha
Actually I reckon Gambit, Cannonball and Avalanche (from AICN's Prison Break scene) were replaced by Arclite, Multipleman, and probably Psylocke as well...

I can see that.
What a trade. Bleh.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #45
ljr
Side-Kick

LOL,got to agree.I love your name-where you one of those kids who ate the paste in class?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #46
MoiBijou
Side-Kick

I don't like that boy as Gambit, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I've always thought they wanted to keep Gambit for a fourth movie if Jackman doesn't want to be Logan again. Bada$$ for bada$$... what I think is completely stupid because they're different characters with different personalities, and I'd like to see my two favorite characters -three if we count Storm- interacting in a movie.

*sigh* I have the feeling that they haven't been honest with us in several things, but this is a business and they have to protect their interests. At least we know they had the idea of putting the character into the movie, though they dropped it eventually.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #47
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljr
LOL,got to agree.I love your name-where you one of those kids who ate the paste in class?
Heh, no. It's a classic Marvel villain. Who..shoots glue.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #48
ljr
Side-Kick

Ah I have no idea who that is,purely a x men fan.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #49
PhoenixRisen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON
I personally dont think Kinberg has been honest about a lot of things he has said on the xverse.
I dunno about the "a lot" part but I think he is deliberately keeping a few surprises in store and playing a few practical jokes on die-hard fans, and his logic behind why Gambit couldn't be in the movie seemed a little shaky. What would be wrong with a cameo? With a big mutant war at the end, and this being "the last" of the franchise, I would expect them to pull out all the stops, so I think Gambit might show up and give Rogue a quick wink and "Bonjour, Chere!"--after all it would further her arc by making her realize there are other fish in the sea besides Bobby. But who knows?!?! I half-expect Nightcrawler to show up for a sec too!!
P.S. I would love it if she would wink back and say, "Hi, Sugah!"

Last edited by PhoenixRisen; 04-11-2006 at 09:07 AM.
PhoenixRisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #50
ljr
Side-Kick

It's been confirmed rogue won't say sugah.