Id like to see Unus fight Beast.

Exploding Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #27
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: Kill the mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
Neither Toad or Sabretooth is dead,especially seeing as they were in early drafts of X2.
Sabretooth landed on a boat. Toad was zapped to crap and landed in the water. He's a gonner. Gambit was also in drafts of X2, so were sentinels, but they didn't make it. So we can assume they died. Where else would they go anyways??? Why would they not return to Magneto???

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #28
Abaddon
Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
Sabretooth landed on a boat. Toad was zapped to crap and landed in the water. He's a gonner. Gambit was also in drafts of X2, so were sentinels, but they didn't make it. So we can assume they died. Where else would they go anyways??? Why would they not return to Magneto???
Because he was captured.

Toad and Sabretooth were supposed to be among the mutants brainwashed by Stryker.Toad was to have a scene fighting Nightcrawler

Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #29
chaseter
Bland User

Well they unfortunately didn't. So most people I know, including myself, logically assume they died after they got their @sses handed to them.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #30
Abaddon
Watching

Sabretooth wouldnt have died.

And Toad wasnt zapped.The rail his tongue was attached to was.Therefore,I like to think he survived and is wandering about,or perhaps being held captive.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #31
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:

And Toad wasnt zapped.The rail his tongue was attached to was.Therefore,I like to think he survived and is wandering about,or perhaps being held captive.
You don't think that the thousands upon thousands of volts that went through the pole didn't go though Toad's tongue??? Yea right...he was grounded and electricity effects all those that are grounded. He got a huge dose of ohms. Plus you can see sparks and electricity still coming out of him when he is flying towards the water.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #32
TNC9852002
Banned User

The X-Men movies are doing a good job of showcasing our favorites and the popular mutants, but they're also servicing a great deal to the comics by giving us mutants that some of might've forgotten and make them memorable and more interesting than the comics...It helps broaden the scope, IMO...

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #33
Abaddon
Watching

Quote:
You don't think that the thousands upon thousands of volts that went through the pole didn't go though Toad's tongue??? Yea right...he was grounded and electricity effects all those that are grounded. He got a huge dose of ohms. Plus you can see sparks and electricity still coming out of him when he is flying towards the water.

*covers ears*

LALALALALALALALALLA!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #34
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002
The X-Men movies are doing a good job of showcasing our favorites and the popular mutants, but they're also servicing a great deal to the comics by giving us mutants that some of might've forgotten and make them memorable and more interesting than the comics...It helps broaden the scope, IMO...

-TNC
i agree. one of my favorite things about the franchise is the random mutant cameos from 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and lower tier characters from the books. Artie, Siryn, Jubilee, Cypher, Quill, Arclight, Multiple Man, and various students at Xaivers - who would have thought to put them into a movie? sure some of them have their small fan base, but for the most part they're randomly selected choices in our view. they work to showcase the various power levels that mutant-kind can have. they serve a purpose to show the general audience that not all mutant power are as wowmazing as the X-Men, Brotherhood, or Stryker's bunch.

i say - keep 'em!

As I go deep into the funnel of love

Tumblr

Liz Lemon is my spirit animal
newwaveboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #35
theJust
Side-Kick

i dont think we have a choice in the matter.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 AM   #36
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing
Quill should have been Gambit...especially since he may turn traitor on Magneto at the end
I would have got rid of quill, replaced him with Gambit...... have it that you don't know Gambits part of the brotherhood in the beginning, he would run into rouge somewhere, be kinda flirty with her....... later towards the end, during the final battle, we see that gambit is part of the brotherhood...... then there's the big fight, maybe have Gambit fighting bobby, then all a sudden rouge appears, at first she is startled that Gambit is with the brotherhood, then all a sudden archlight attacks rogue, Gambit sees this, blinds bobby for a moment by exloding a card in his face, runs over and strikes down archlight, Rogue islaying there, looking at Gambit with confusion. she says "aren't you with them" and Gambit says with a smirk "things aren't always what they seem".............. later after the fight, after the brotherhood is defeated, the x-men want eliminate Gambit since he's the only one left standing, Rogue comes to his defense saying that he's not like the brotherhood, that he saved her life by killing archlight, the x-men don't like it, but they decide to let him be, even though they don't trust him.......................... I really think they should have done something along this line, it would inroduce him well to the X-world, plus if there is an x4 and it involves sinister, everything would be set up.............

JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #37
intensity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by newwaveboy87
i agree. one of my favorite things about the franchise is the random mutant cameos from 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and lower tier characters from the books. Artie, Siryn, Jubilee, Cypher, Quill, Arclight, Multiple Man, and various students at Xaivers - who would have thought to put them into a movie? sure some of them have their small fan base, but for the most part they're randomly selected choices in our view. they work to showcase the various power levels that mutant-kind can have. they serve a purpose to show the general audience that not all mutant power are as wowmazing as the X-Men, Brotherhood, or Stryker's bunch.

i say - keep 'em!
Just so you know, I'm not bashing you or anything- just stating some facts- Jubilee and Multiple Man have no place on your list of 'lower tier' characters, and to a lesser extent, neither does Siryn. Jubilee is one of the most recognizeable and more prominent X-Characters in the Marvel Universe- I don't want to go into a long drawn out history of Jubes and just how cool/important she is... since it would really take awhile. Multiple Man is currently one of the most popular characters, being a mainstay in the current X-Factor title.

I agree with you in that I really don't understand why Quill and Arclight are in this film... I've only heard of them or seen a picture of them once in my years of collecting X-Comics... I don't think they even qualify as 2nd rate characters... they are practically the bottom of the list and should be if you were a director/writer choosing which mutants should appear in the films. How come Psylocke is placed on brotherhood status briefly until she is killed off in this film? She's an X-Man. There are so many cool supervillains in the X-Men universe that could be in the film franchise instead of Archlight and Quill(who is actually a new new mutant in the comics,) like Blob, SAURON, Black Queen, Omega Red, Sinister, Black Tom Cassidy, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Brood, Mojo, Apocolypse, etc.

Also, on the topic of the x-students... there are literally dozens of students who've attended Xavier Institute in the comics... not once has there been a person named Jones(who can change the tv channel!) or X-Kid(who can make paper airplanes fly!) Why in the world are they in this film? The movie is crowded enough with X-Characters... why replace or take up time of deserving characters like Jubilee, Psylocke, Gambit with the likes of the made up no-named mutant kids? Gambit had his name appear on a computer screen! Wow that sure made me appreciate him even more! Jubilee's been in all three films, and she hasn't even received a power scene that made the final cut. As she likes to say, Lame.

intensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #38
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:

sabretooth as mutant regenoration powers just like wolverine, albeit not the same caliber, but seriously, he can survive a big fall

i also refuse to belive that ether archlight or quill will be of significant stature in the movies i have said before, i think the hierarchy goes

magneto
juggarnaut
mystique
pyro
sentinals

those are going to be the big 5 the the xmen have to worry about and the rest are just fillers

Last edited by L0ngsh0t; 04-13-2006 at 10:45 AM.
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #39
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002

-TNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwaveboy87

i say - keep 'em!
Agree with both the above

Old 04-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #40
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensity
Just so you know, I'm not bashing you or anything- just stating some facts- Jubilee and Multiple Man have no place on your list of 'lower tier' characters, and to a lesser extent, neither does Siryn. Jubilee is one of the most recognizeable and more prominent X-Characters in the Marvel Universe- I don't want to go into a long drawn out history of Jubes and just how cool/important she is... since it would really take awhile. Multiple Man is currently one of the most popular characters, being a mainstay in the current X-Factor title.

I agree with you in that I really don't understand why Quill and Arclight are in this film... I've only heard of them or seen a picture of them once in my years of collecting X-Comics... I don't think they even qualify as 2nd rate characters... they are practically the bottom of the list and should be if you were a director/writer choosing which mutants should appear in the films. How come Psylocke is placed on brotherhood status briefly until she is killed off in this film? She's an X-Man. There are so many cool supervillains in the X-Men universe that could be in the film franchise instead of Archlight and Quill(who is actually a new new mutant in the comics,) like Blob, SAURON, Black Queen, Omega Red, Sinister, Black Tom Cassidy, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Brood, Mojo, Apocolypse, etc.

Also, on the topic of the x-students... there are literally dozens of students who've attended Xavier Institute in the comics... not once has there been a person named Jones(who can change the tv channel!) or X-Kid(who can make paper airplanes fly!) Why in the world are they in this film? The movie is crowded enough with X-Characters... why replace or take up time of deserving characters like Jubilee, Psylocke, Gambit with the likes of the made up no-named mutant kids? Gambit had his name appear on a computer screen! Wow that sure made me appreciate him even more! Jubilee's been in all three films, and she hasn't even received a power scene that made the final cut. As she likes to say, Lame.
You make some good points. I've always been a bit split about the idea of using made-up characters in the movies. Mainly because there are hundreds of actual existing characters to choose from in the 40 years of comicbook stories. Although i can understand why they might have gone for simple, low-budget choices who enriched the movie universe and showed that not all mutants are powerful or dangerous.

During the night raid on the mansion in X2, they had intended to show Husk being grabbed by soldiers and then slipping out of her skin to try to esape. Maybe it was too costly to do that. I'd certainly have preferred to see Husk or even Wolfsbane (staying awake during a full moon) in that night raid scene.

This issues is always going to divide people.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #41
intensity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
You make some good points. I've always been a bit split about the idea of using made-up characters in the movies. Mainly because there are hundreds of actual existing characters to choose from in the 40 years of comicbook stories. Although i can understand why they might have gone for simple, low-budget choices who enriched the movie universe and showed that not all mutants are powerful or dangerous.

During the night raid on the mansion in X2, they had intended to show Husk being grabbed by soldiers and then slipping out of her skin to try to esape. Maybe it was too costly to do that. I'd certainly have preferred to see Husk or even Wolfsbane (staying awake during a full moon) in that night raid scene.

This issues is always going to divide people.
yeah, I felt that the raid on the mansion was too watered down for an X-Men movie... here you have a mansion full of superpowered teenagers, and only Colossus, Shadowcat, Iceman, and Siryn do something about it. It could have been the best scene in the movie. The X2 novel had Jubilee blasting a soldier through a wall, Paige husking to escape, wolfsbane running away... all of which would have been so awesome to see. Instead Paige and Wolfsbane aren't even in the film... and Jubilee's scenes were deleted, so in the final cut of the movie, Storm randomly mentions Jubilee's name when she and Nightcrawler find the kids.

intensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #42
phoenix_force
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t
sabretooth as mutant regenoration powers just like wolverine, albeit not the same caliber, but seriously, he can survive a big fall

i also refuse to belive that ether archlight or quill will be of significant stature in the movies i have said before, i think the hierarchy goes

magneto
juggarnaut
mystique
pyro
sentinals

those are going to be the big 5 the the xmen have to worry about and the rest are just fillers
cough...phoenix...cough

Old 04-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #43
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_force
cough...phoenix...cough
good catch

Old 04-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #44
formerlynorcal
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah, I felt that the raid on the mansion was too watered down for an X-Men movie... here you have a mansion full of superpowered teenagers, and only Colossus, Shadowcat, Iceman, and Siryn do something about it. It could have been the best scene in the movie. The X2 novel had Jubilee blasting a soldier through a wall, Paige husking to escape, wolfsbane running away... all of which would have been so awesome to see. Instead Paige and Wolfsbane aren't even in the film... and Jubilee's scenes were deleted, so in the final cut of the movie, Storm randomly mentions Jubilee's name when she and Nightcrawler find the kids.

I totally agree, this could have been one of the badass sence in X2 but noooooo. With what we're seeing of X3 and of everything I didnt like and thought they should have changed in X1 and X2, Bryan Singer is a ****ing retard.

formerlynorcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #45
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorcal
I totally agree, this could have been one of the badass sence in X2 but noooooo. With what we're seeing of X3 and of everything I didnt like and thought they should have changed in X1 and X2, Bryan Singer is a ****ing retard.
not really, considering he made two good X-Men movies, produces TV shows, directed part of King Kong, Directed the Ussual suspects, and not to mention makes more money in a month then any of us make in a year......... based on that, I don't think he's a retard

also don't forget, we got the left overs from superman returns, namely Ratner, maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I think his movies are average at best, watch the ussual suspects then watch Family Man, and tell me who' the better director.........

Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #46
The Comedian
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, in the commentary originally Jubilee was going to absorb the elctricity from a taser asnd blast it back at the guy (her powers were altered a bit in the movieverse it seems to be electric-based).

But I can't help but think how good this scene had the potential to be. When Colossus tells Wolverine he can help him, I was screaming in my head "YES DAMMIT!!! LET HIM HELP YOU! Just having Colossus help Wolvie fight the soldiers would have made the scene for me.

I was really dissapointed by this scene becasue there was a line in one of the trailers where Xavier says something along the lines of "I pity the person who goes into that mansion, looking for a fight". This got m excited that there was gonna be a big battle where all the x-kids would totally Own the soldiers when they tried to abduct them, instead it was barely a fight. So much wasted potential.

The Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #47
The Comedian
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
not really, considering he made two good X-Men movies, produces TV shows, directed part of King Kong, Directed the Ussual suspects, and not to mention makes more money in a month then any of us make in a year......... based on that, I don't think he's a retard

also don't forget, we got the left overs from superman returns, namely Ratner, maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I think his movies are average at best, watch the ussual suspects then watch Family Man, and tell me who' the better director.........
Six months ago, I would have agreed wth you, but almost everything that's come out has made me think that maybe Ratner was the right decision. Ratner at least knew how to direct action, which is a skill Singer didn't really have prior to X1.

Maybe we needed someone who would pull out all the stops to make an exciting film instead of someone using the franchise as a tool to push his own political agenda. And yes, I agree that Brian Singer overall is a better director, but every director's slill doesn't necessarily traslate to every genre of film. Rush Hour and the Usual Suspects are very different movies, but the skills needed to make Rush Hour are closer IMO to the skills needed for a superhero movie than the skills for a film like Usual Suspects are.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #48
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Comedian
Yeah, in the commentary originally Jubilee was going to absorb the elctricity from a taser asnd blast it back at the guy (her powers were altered a bit in the movieverse it seems to be electric-based).

But I can't help but think how good this scene had the potential to be. When Colossus tells Wolverine he can help him, I was screaming in my head "YES DAMMIT!!! LET HIM HELP YOU! Just having Colossus help Wolvie fight the soldiers would have made the scene for me.

I was really dissapointed by this scene becasue there was a line in one of the trailers where Xavier says something along the lines of "I pity the person who goes into that mansion, looking for a fight". This got m excited that there was gonna be a big battle where all the x-kids would totally Own the soldiers when they tried to abduct them, instead it was barely a fight. So much wasted potential.
Agreed agreed.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #49
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Agreed agreed.
I don't agree, I rather sit down and watch a complex, emotional, we written piece of cinema then a action movie........ but that's just me, I really do enjoy popcorn flicks, I just don't have those DVDs lined up with that of the Godfather, Alien, Goodfellas, Apocolpyse Now, Ussual Suspects, Fight Club, LOTR. ect.........

IMO I really love the x-men, and I would rather see an engaging story with well drawn out emotion then a specail effects movie, but that's just me like I said before, and I'm sure most people don't agree with me on here..... I just say, look at Batman Begins, then look at Batman Forever (I won't even bring up batman and robin, that's not fair), Begins is so much more engrossing, it has a great story, where as Batman Forever, which is not a terrible film, is all about the action...... I just don't want to see this happen the x-films the way it happened to the batman films..... People complained about the first batman when it came out, Joker was to flamboent, Vici Vale was never that big in the comics, but now when we look back on that series, what was the better film............ also, it's kinda wierd that the x-men series is almost pulling a batman, both series, for their first two installments had the same director, but when the third movie came to be, director change............. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and this turns out to be great.....

Old 04-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #50
The Comedian
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
I don't agree, I rather sit down and watch a complex, emotional, we written piece of cinema then a action movie........ but that's just me, I really do enjoy popcorn flicks, I just don't have those DVDs lined up with that of the Godfather, Alien, Goodfellas, Apocolpyse Now, Ussual Suspects, Fight Club, LOTR. ect.........

IMO I really love the x-men, and I would rather see an engaging story with well drawn out emotion then a specail effects movie, but that's just me like I said before, and I'm sure most people don't agree with me on here..... I just say, look at Batman Begins, then look at Batman Forever (I won't even bring up batman and robin, that's not fair), Begins is so much more engrossing, it has a great story, where as Batman Forever, which is not a terrible film, is all about the action...... I just don't want to see this happen the x-films the way it happened to the batman films..... People complained about the first batman when it came out, Joker was to flamboent, Vici Vale was never that big in the comics, but now when we look back on that series, what was the better film............ also, it's kinda wierd that the x-men series is almost pulling a batman, both series, for their first two installments had the same director, but when the third movie came to be, director change............. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and this turns out to be great.....
I'm not saying to throw out all plot and drama to substitute for action, what I m saying is to have a better balance on the two. Batman Begins had an intricate, well versed plot, but I didn't feel that it was lacking action, it had plenty, but the action advanced the plot.

I could see how what I said could come off as me wanting to throw awaw the script and just having the mutants throw down for 90 minutes, ut it's not. I feel that X1/2 could have used action as a plot device better than it did. Showing the x-kids put up a better fight against the soldiers would have given an indication of the potential power carried by mutants, even when they are younger and less trained. I felt that could have added an important element to the plot of X2 that was lacking. These children all ahve incredible powers, but were completely helpless against a dart.