Toad 1 1.19%
Sabretooth 3 3.57%
Havok 5 5.95%
Nightcrawler 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #76
LEX
No justice; just us.

Default Re: Which mutants should have been in X3?

It's a shame that Nightcrawler won't be addressed in this one. From what I've heard, a lot of people were amazed by the character in X2. Gah!

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:48 AM   #77
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'd say Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I always thought it would have been an awesome story line to deal with Mags' kids.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #78
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I just really would have liked to have seen the team growing over the course of the movies...

See the team pick up followers for the cause as they fight the good fight. Even if it could be speculated that he "never had the uniform" or what have you, I think it was made pretty clear at the end of X2 that Nightcrawler had become a part of the team. Being religious, he could have been the one to hold the memorial service for Jean (as, despite the fact that Storm would give the eulogy, there is usually a reverend or something there to "M.C." the whole thing, so to speak)

His acceptance of his mutation, despite it obviously making him an outcast, could have been a very important contrast to the likes of Rogue, who wants to take the cure. I think it's more impactful that way, than from say Storm or Wolverine, who could pass as normal humans in society, because they don't have any obvious mutations.

And it would have been an interesting arc, to see his pacifist beliefs challenged, and he has to decide between taking a stand and fighting for what he believes in, or sitting back and hoping that peace could work itself out.

I mean, sure, it sounds like a lot, but honestly, I think it could have been worked in there, and worked well within everything else we have in the film thus far. The absense of Gambit and Nightcrawler are 2 characters who I'm always going to see this movie and think "they should have been in", and despite the fact that this movie is going to be awesome, amazing, the best yet, it's always going to fall a bit short of what it could have been (in my opinion) because it didn't include a character it should have (Nightcrawler), and the character who would have made my X-Men experience complete (Gambit).

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #79
Abaddon
Watching

Well they had to make room for Beast.

Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #80
LEX
No justice; just us.

I agree completely with you, Nell. Nightcrawler should've been in X3. But we got Beast. So..

- Mort
Old 04-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #81
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
Well they had to make room for Beast.
I'm not a film maker...

But I think Nightcrawler's arc could have been done while still including Beast.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #82
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lex Luthor
I agree completely with you, Nell. Nightcrawler should've been in X3. But we got Beast. So..
You're right...

And behind only Gambit, Beast is my favorite member of the X-Men team (3rd favorite character overall behind Gambit and Magneto)... so I'll be stoked to see him in.

I'm more excited about Beast being in than I've expressed on this board.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #83
LEX
No justice; just us.

Yeah, we've been wanting to see Beast since X1 now and now finally, we will get to him get loose in the battle. And we also got Angel. If they don't do a scene with all Original Five members in it...

- Mort