No He acts dumb! can here hus accent!! 10 10.87%
meh, its ok i guess 22 23.91%
I dunno.... 15 16.30%
Yes, i like it, its a different kinda wolverine 45 48.91%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #26
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do You Like The Way He Acts?!!?!?!?!

I find its kinda like a canadian accent lol

Old 04-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #27
tonytr1687
Side-Kick

The problem with his voice isn't the accent. Part of it is the acting, part of it is his voice DOES sound different from the previous films. In X1 and X2 his voice was gruffer and more natural. In this clip Hugh seems like he's trying too hard to sound cool and rebellious. Some of you may not notice a difference b/c you're too busy jacking off to the fastball special and Sentinel, but if you cared to admit things arent looking good you'd see that the tone of this scene was very different from the the first two. And not for the better. I mean "dont get your panties in a bunch!" How cliche and corny is that? And dont say "well this is a comic-book flick" because the first two films had no cheesiness or campiness at all, except for Storm's one bad line in X1. Lets just hope the music and effects are fixed for the final film. It wont save the scene entirely, but it'll help. Anyone who says the Colossus effects are good are either naive or a serious apologist.

Last edited by tonytr1687; 04-29-2006 at 03:44 PM.
tonytr1687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #28
phoenix_force
Side-Kick

i think he sounded awful in the danger room clip

Old 04-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #29
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytr1687
The problem with his voice isn't the accent. Part of it is the acting, part of it is his voice DOES sound different from the previous films. In X1 and X2 his voice was gruffer and more natural. In this clip Hugh sounds like he's trying too hard to look cool and rebellious. Some of you may not notice a difference b/c you're too busy jacking off to the fastball special and Sentinel, but if you cared to admit things arent looking good you'd see that the tone of this scene was very different from the the first two. And not for the better. Lets just hope the music and effects are fixed for the final film. It wont save the scene entirely, but it'll help. Anyone who says the Colossus effects are good are either naive or a serious apologist.

Is that really necessary? Some people actually like the film. Get off the insults, k? It's not helping your cause at all. Get over it that folks don't dislike the scene as much as you seem to.

Jan Irisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #30
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
The problem with his voice isn't the accent. Part of it is the acting, part of it is his voice DOES sound different from the previous films. In X1 and X2 his voice was gruffer and more natural.
Like it is in the trailer you mean? ("you know sometimes when you cage the beast...the beast gets angry.") He sounded pretty gruff there methinks...

Quote:
In this clip Hugh seems like he's trying too hard to sound cool and rebellious.
Hugh was fine...he's proved time and time again that he GETS this character, why are you doubting him over 58 seconds of footage?

Quote:
Some of you may not notice a difference b/c you're too busy jacking off to the fastball special and Sentinel, but if you cared to admit things arent looking good you'd see that the tone of this scene was very different from the the first two. And not for the better. I mean "dont get your panties in a bunch!" How cliche and corny is that? And dont say "well this is a comic-book flick" because the first two films had no cheesiness or campiness at all, except for Storm's one bad line in X1. Lets just hope the music and effects are fixed for the final film. It wont save the scene entirely, but it'll help. Anyone who says the Colossus effects are good are either naive or a serious apologist.
Who are you to call out people on "jacking off" on the fastball special and Sentinel? We're not the ones *****ing about a 1 minute clip and an actors ability to portray a character he's played for 2 movies already...

Last edited by LostSon88; 04-29-2006 at 04:07 PM.
LostSon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #31
BHD
Welcome to my world

his lines represented wolverine better, but his delivery was a little flat

BHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:10 PM   #32
Avalanche
Side-Kick

No objections to his accent, but I didn't like the way he just strolled out into the battlefield, screeching lasers shotting off all around. It came across as too casual, even for Wolverine.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #33
Redd_Angel
ooh la la!

i say we give hugh a break. (poor hugh) ... although he's the MAIN star of this film, we shouldn't judge the entire film based on his accent. when the movie Wolverine comes out, then judge him all you want.

"You and me, Jeannie. You and me in a blaze of glory." - Logan (New X-men #148)
"I came for Jean. I'm not leaving here without her."
Jean: You will die for them? Logan: No, not for them. For you... Jean: Save me. Logan: I love you. *snikt*
Redd_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #34
Halcohol
Suit up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche
No objections to his accent, but I didn't like the way he just strolled out into the battlefield, screeching lasers shotting off all around. It came across as too casual, even for Wolverine.
I'm sure Wolverine wouldn't walk into the Danger Room ready for action when it's just a simple training exercise for the new kids... the fact that he seems so careless only reinforces the notion that a REAL X-Man shouldn't have any trouble with a mere Sentinel.

As for the accent, I thought the most noticeable time you could hear his Aussie background was in X1 when he says "Look, kid, I don't need advice on auto safety..."

I think that clip might have just been a bit TOO spoilery for me... bah.

Halcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #35
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

is accent really that important?
as long as he is a good Wolv, no probs for me. I already have trouble understanding English, why would i care about a ******* accent...

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #36
PikaZeroX
Side-Kick

Where's the "He acts and sounds exactly like he does in the first two movies, and you babies need to stop nitpicking" option?

PikaZeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #37
Redd_Angel
ooh la la!

^lol!!

"You and me, Jeannie. You and me in a blaze of glory." - Logan (New X-men #148)
"I came for Jean. I'm not leaving here without her."
Jean: You will die for them? Logan: No, not for them. For you... Jean: Save me. Logan: I love you. *snikt*
Redd_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #38
gregtestagent
humblevaudvillianveteran

Personally, I still don't like the guy they picked for Wolverine. Jackman should stick to chick flicks, B-movies (in general), and the Oklahoma musical.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #39
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
You know they're in the Danger Room, right?

Old 04-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #40
StylishHokie21
Side-Kick

Quote:
The problem with his voice isn't the accent. Part of it is the acting, part of it is his voice DOES sound different from the previous films. In X1 and X2 his voice was gruffer and more natural. In this clip Hugh seems like he's trying too hard to sound cool and rebellious. Some of you may not notice a difference b/c you're too busy jacking off to the fastball special and Sentinel, but if you cared to admit things arent looking good you'd see that the tone of this scene was very different from the the first two. And not for the better. I mean "dont get your panties in a bunch!" How cliche and corny is that? And dont say "well this is a comic-book flick" because the first two films had no cheesiness or campiness at all, except for Storm's one bad line in X1. Lets just hope the music and effects are fixed for the final film. It wont save the scene entirely, but it'll help. Anyone who says the Colossus effects are good are either naive or a serious apologist.
I don't get it. His voice sounded the same to me. I'll agree with you on the Colossus effects, but there was campiness in the other two movies. This scene is no different.

StylishHokie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:01 PM   #41
Super Flight
Side-Kick

Ahhh! stop posting!! LOL,understand i was half asleep when i made this thread,
I was cranky as bed wetting children!
The Polls are Flawed We did Not Win Flordia!
KHHHOOOOOOOOOONN!!!!!!!
I just pwned the man in my mirror......

Last edited by Super Flight; 04-29-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Super Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #42
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

tonytr1687,

Find a better way to articulate your opinion of matters without insulting/alienating your peers on this board. That was unnecessary and crass.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #43
SANTANA SANCHEZ
Side-Kick

He was just crap in that clip. Hugh and Ratner have made Wolverine into a one liner whore.

SANTANA SANCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #44
Super Flight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANTANA SANCHEZ
He was just crap in that clip. Hugh and Ratner have made Wolverine into a one liner whore.
that was unnecessary and crass

Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #45
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANTANA SANCHEZ
It was one clip, a clip set in a combat situation no less. It in no way represents the rest of the film.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #46
SANTANA SANCHEZ
Side-Kick

I really hope you are right, Sun Down. I really am.

SANTANA SANCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #47
migs
the robot king

everyone that disliked the campy nature of this clip, remember that with the seriousness of the theme of the movie, it's likely that this will be one of the only scenes that can get away with it/

Old 04-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #48
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Quote:
come on man, he crapped his pants when the bus flew past him.

300Rise of an Empire|Captain America The Winter Soldier|The Amazing SpiderMan 2|Godzilla|X-MenDays of Future Past|TransformersAge of Extinction|Dawn of the Planet of the Apes|Guardians of the Galaxy|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
SingItWithMeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #49
Super Flight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by migs
everyone that disliked the campy nature of this clip, remember that with the seriousness of the theme of the movie, it's likely that this will be one of the only scenes that can get away with it/
exactly, thats why this thread should die

Old 04-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #50
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Quote:
Who in their own state of mind be jacking off to X-men clips and the entire movies, eh bub? Who would even think about doing something like that- especially during the fastball special? Like who has the time to jack off to something like that? Next time, take the intiative of thinking before you say something thats not tolerable on these boards. Cause its only gonna get u into trouble down the road. Hell, if the clip was that bloody f ***ing terrible, I would have said it but I thought it was a good clip. Not what I was expected but again it was good nonetheless. And who are you calling some of us naive or a serious apologist? Sure the SFX shots aren't finished but for those who have said the Colossus effects were good, good for them and thats their opinion. They see what they see not because of what others thought or how they saw it. If u say Hugh was trying too hard to sound cool and rebellious, I don't have to take your word for it cause my mind has already made up of what I saw within the context of the clip. I mean we've got a month left until the movie comes out. So why don't we just wait and see how the movie goes after we've all seen it. Cause nit picking about this and that about a 1 min clip doesn't do anyone good. we havn't seen much of everything that'll be in the movie. So I say, we wait and judge it for ourselves. Its too early.

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote