The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #51
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Why no love and expectations for X3 from the media??

Just remember everyone, this is all something started by someone called JokerNick whose name has 'trolling around' under it and whose last set of troublemaking spoilers were proved to be totally fake - allegedly a 'friend' set him up. Just remember that when considering this thread. JokerNick likes to start trouble, then step back and watch the fireworks.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #52
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
x3 will make 60 mill it's first weekend.........
it will drop the next weekend to about 18 million
then it will fall down as the summer movie com out
in the end it wills struggle to bring in 140 million
you can disagree all you want, box office numbers are down
and don't for one minute don't think people don't know about ratner directing this, in my local paper, it has been written about atleast 4 times in the past 5 months, we had a big movie preview a week ago, under x3, it says rush hour direct brett ratner taking the director spot, intail thougts: wait till DVD......... that's what it said about X-3

Huh?!?!?!

No offense, but you ain't making sense there brah. 99.9% of the general moviegoing public don't know that there has been a change in directors--and won't care either. The remaining 1% is comprised of fanboys--who represent a mere drop in the bucket.

If the reviews and film is strong X3 will be a MONSTER this summer. The buzz right now is very, very positive.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #53
WorthyStevens
Green Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strikez!
Huh?!?!?!

No offense, but you ain't making sense there brah. 99.9% of the general moviegoing public don't know that there has been a change in directors--and won't care either. The remaining 1% is comprised of fanboys--who represent a mere drop in the bucket.

If the reviews and film is strong X3 will be a MONSTER this summer. The buzz right now is very, very positive.
Every person I've spoken to about the movie really wants to see it.

"OFF TO WORK"

- T (TOBIAS)
WorthyStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #54
PhoenixRisen
Side-Kick

LOL Just wait til Cannes...hehe
#1=X3
the rest who cares!!

Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #55
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameq
Ratner really needs to hit a grand slam with this film. X3 will have no staying power if it's not great.
I am rooting for both movies, but staying power can also be being memorable. Ratner has decisions he must make.. it can make this film a classic or be forgotten in 5 years.

Last edited by XCharlieX; 05-08-2006 at 04:03 PM.
XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #56
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthyStevens4
That made me laugh. No offense Nick.

There's so many factors working in X3's favor.

3 little words: Memorial Day Weekend. Add in the fact that there's great anticipation for this movie (and believe me, there is) and also that it's the only film premiering that week, and you've got a jackpot.
and that's a huge factor that's a plus for them, it's great.......... but they also have alot going against them, you know too worthy, that I love x-Men, I'm just not anticpating the next citizen kane of movies like other poeple are, the new posters on this site too are complete idiots btw.... anyways here are my list of factors against this film (and i think if this movie is bad, I think we should hope it does "ok", that way a sequel isn't avoided, but maybe we get a new team to make the next film)

1. Da Vinci Code is opening the weekend before X3, but I think that people are going to be seeing this movie heavly the next week, X3 will still take first place, but da vinci code will be no.2

2. The Break-Up comes out the following week, laugh all you want, but this movie will make some money, it will get the female crowd, so this will be the date movie of the early summer (many of you guys on here might not know what a date is, so look it up before you rant)

3 The Omen........ this will make a decent amount of money, hense the amittyvill remake and texas C.M. remake

4. Cars........ it's a pixar movie, a gaurenteed 200 million

5. the next weeks are slow, and x3 will make some money, but you have to remember, school is out, and plenty of parents will be taking their kids to repeats of Cars, and the new Garfield movie will be coming out, like I said, laugh all you want, but these movies do make decent money

6. superman returns will kill the box office, it will cash in 70+ million it's first weekend, and if the reviews are good, it will be higher and it will make decent money the rest of the summer. He's the most recognizable comic hero ever, he will draw fans of all ages

7. we got pirates, and posiadon after that, these movies will make great money, Pirares will make easly 90+ million it's first weekend, and if it doesn't pull a Matrix, it could easly be the number 1 movie of the summer, it's going to be either that or superman.......

but you know what, you could easly make a list with counter points for x-men, but people, there is a reason the media isn't gushing after this film, there have been bad reports about this movie, you can beleive that or not, it's your choice, I'm just saying, don't hold your breath

JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #57
MJB
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
It seemed irresponsible in its presentation. How were the top films decided? On what quantitative evidence? And the addition of those little snippy 'nagging thoughts' asides to the other films, as though the fact that Brett stepped in to rescue the movie was not a good thing! Bryan abandoned X3, let's not forget that. The trailers all look good (did the article mention that, no!).

Kelsey and Vinnie are certainly worthy of publicity and will be names people know. It's an amazing turnaround for Kelsey to go from Frasier to a classic comicbook character.

The summary was bland and bad. No mention of a final conflict, no mention of the power of evolution at its terrifying peak (Phoenix). It was not a good representation of the movie.

I consider Brett to be rescuing this franchise and doing us a favour. Let's not forget all the amazing things we've seen so far in the trailers and TV spots that are all over the place. This movie has potential to be great. The reviewer chose to focus on negatives and make it sound bland.
Amen. I'm not going to lie, cause I'm worried as i've said many times about Simon Kinberg taking up the writing duties. I'm not so much concerned with Penn as much as Kinberg. The writers are my main fear. Even with that being said I think X3 looks better from the previews i saw then the stuff that Singer did. Well know soon if X3 is a quality film. My personel opinion and i've never said it until now. I think for me at least that I'm going to be disappointed due to the story. I'm fine with ratner as director.

At least we get some hot chicks. Would Dania Ramirez be as hot looking if Singer was at the helm? No, she wouldn't have even been cast, and the girls playing arclight and psylocke. Halle looks better too. One thing I've noticed about Superman is that Singer have managed to make Kate Boswroth look unattractive, especially with that horrible wig.

MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #58
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Just remember everyone, this is all something started by someone called JokerNick whose name has 'trolling around' under it and whose last set of troublemaking spoilers were proved to be totally fake - allegedly a 'friend' set him up. Just remember that when considering this thread. JokerNick likes to start trouble, then step back and watch the fireworks.
what did i start, i stated what Stan Lee said, go check out the mag if you don't beleive, go to their website, maybe they have excerps of it........... and no I don't like to cause trouble, it seems thats your agenda...... and before you start acting like Greengrass, and documenting what you think happened, why don't you go read my past posts, you got the story tottally wrong

Old 05-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #59
_BB_
Im a GIRL

Dreamwatch have predicted $200million US domestic and $400million worldwide

_BB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #60
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
It seemed irresponsible in its presentation. How were the top films decided? On what quantitative evidence? And the addition of those little snippy 'nagging thoughts' asides to the other films, as though the fact that Brett stepped in to rescue the movie was not a good thing! Bryan abandoned X3, let's not forget that. The trailers all look good (did the article mention that, no!).
FOX had the option to continue X3 with or without Singer . . . this has been stated numerous times . . . as well as the fact that Singer wanted to do another film between X2 and X3 (after having devoted 7 years of his life to establish this successful franchise, from which there might not even be an X3). Singer has stated that he would have like to have done both films--I would hardly call that abandonment.

Quote:
Kelsey and Vinnie are certainly worthy of publicity and will be names people know. It's an amazing turnaround for Kelsey to go from Frasier to a classic comicbook character.
I wouldn't call Vinnie Jones a household name people know or one worthy of drawing in mass crowds to a theater. He is known for playing background characters.

Quote:
The summary was bland and bad. No mention of a final conflict, no mention of the power of evolution at its terrifying peak (Phoenix). It was not a good representation of the movie.
FOX's official summary regarding the plot for X3 is that a cure for mutancy via a pharmaceutical company has been found--there is no mention of evolution at its terrifying peak (via the Phoenix) anywhere in anything . . . at least not coming from FOX (which I think is one of their bigger mistakes), so no blame can go to Newsweek.

Quote:
I consider Brett to be rescuing this franchise and doing us a favour. Let's not forget all the amazing things we've seen so far in the trailers and TV spots that are all over the place. This movie has potential to be great. The reviewer chose to focus on negatives and make it sound bland.
I would hardly classify one of the most successful comic book franchises ever, as one that needs saving.

Last edited by BMM; 05-08-2006 at 04:13 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #61
SilentType
Banned User

I don't see posidon doing anything at the BO. I also think that X3 and Supes are on pretty equil ground right now.

SilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #62
Knightsaber Priss
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BB_
Dreamwatch have predicted $200million US domestic and $400million worldwide
Are they usually pretty accurate in their predictions?

"I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." Frodo Baggins - Fellowship of the Rings

I have changed. Things that I once wanted are now but a distant memory forever cloaked in the shadows of the twilight of the past.
Knightsaber Priss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #63
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Huh?!?!?!

over pirates, and superman, don't think so........ you confident in your opinion, and that's awesome, but to think the x3 will out do superman and pirates is very far fetched. believe it or not, many people do know what happened to Singer, that there is a new team behind x3........ I've shown so many people the teasers for the film, and the reactions ussualy center around "cheesey", that D.R. scene was the one I got the most comments like that from, and i wish you knew me, because people at my work are sick of hearing me talk this film up..... the general reaction I'm getting is people are more excited for Pirates and Superman....... Superman is an icon, and I loved that trailer, it looked great. the x3 trailer looked good too, I'm just not convinced on it yet,

Old 05-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #64
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
The reviews can be strong and this film can still be bad.. how? If you lower the expectation to "this is an action fest, im going to go along with it" you dont care if it has less storytime. Hence you get a lot of good reviews, but for the wrong reasons. Positive reviews are just as tellign as negative.

You want the movie to get good reviews for the very reasons the previous were. When it falters is the slipping point of a franchise often.

Last edited by XCharlieX; 05-08-2006 at 04:29 PM.
XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #65
JokerNick
Banned User

I consider Brett to be rescuing this franchise and doing us a favour. Let's not forget all the amazing things we've seen so far in the trailers and TV spots that are all over the place. This movie has potential to be great. The reviewer chose to focus on negatives and make it sound bland

that right there is the DUMBEST comment I have ever read, you made everyone who read that lose some of their IQ........ needs rescuing???? from what??? the last movie made over 200 million and spawned a sequel, really sounds like a movie that needs to be saved...........

sorry, but if you had it your way, this movie wouldn't even be released, Singer grouned the film in reality and put it in context so people everywhere could relate to what was happening........ putting giant purple robots, outspace aliens who walk on talans are use the x-man as a tv show, or having a god like bird take host to a mutant and give them the power to destroy the world, would not work on film, people would say it's stupid, childish and "whats the point"........ but your right, this franchise needs to be saved, LOL

Old 05-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #66
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB
Amen. I'm not going to lie, cause I'm worried as i've said many times about Simon Kinberg taking up the writing duties. I'm not so much concerned with Penn as much as Kinberg. The writers are my main fear. Even with that being said I think X3 looks better from the previews i saw then the stuff that Singer did. Well know soon if X3 is a quality film. My personel opinion and i've never said it until now. I think for me at least that I'm going to be disappointed due to the story. I'm fine with ratner as director.

At least we get some hot chicks. Would Dania Ramirez be as hot looking if Singer was at the helm? . . .
Callisto isn't supposed to be hot, and Singer gave us Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn, and Halle Berry--all of whom trump the likenesses of Arclight and Psylocke.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #67
SilentType
Banned User

Quote:
believe it or not, many people do know what happened to Singer, that there is a new team behind x3........
If you went out on the street and interviewed people, most wouldn't even know who Singer is.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #68
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentType
If you went out on the street and interviewed people, most wouldn't even know who Singer is.
that's true, but people know his work
and that's most important,

Old 05-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #69
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
Callisto isn't supposed to be hot, and Singer gave us Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn, and Halle Berry--all of whom trump the likenesses of Arclight and Psylocke.
not to mention there spot on casting of Hugh Jackman, Ian, and Patrick........... yes singer was a hack..........LOL

Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #70
_BB_
Im a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000
Are they usually pretty accurate in their predictions?

I dunno, its usually a very reliable magazine but they have put davinci code at getting $300mil domestic and $600mil worldwide which is just slightly more than what they predict for POTC2 and Superman Returns however they have predicted POTC and SR to be the better movies overall giving them an 8 and a 9 while davinci a 7, the same as they give X3.

We will soon see how reliable their predictions are when davinci code opens. Tehy could have it spot on though, theres a lot of hype surrounding the movie because of the book and the courtcase and that will bring in the public to see it but that doesnt necessarily mean its going to be a good movie. IMO it looks rather bland...

_BB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #71
SilentType
Banned User

Quote:
that's true, but people know his work
and that's most important,
What?
If they don't know who he is, how would it have any effect on BO?

Old 05-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #72
MJB
Side-Kick

Quote:
and that's a huge factor that's a plus for them, it's great.......... but they also have alot going against them, you know too worthy, that I love x-Men, I'm just not anticpating the next citizen kane of movies like other poeple are, the new posters on this site too are complete idiots btw.... anyways here are my list of factors against this film (and i think if this movie is bad, I think we should hope it does "ok", that way a sequel isn't avoided, but maybe we get a new team to make the next film)

1. Da Vinci Code is opening the weekend before X3, but I think that people are going to be seeing this movie heavly the next week, X3 will still take first place, but da vinci code will be no.2

2. The Break-Up comes out the following week, laugh all you want, but this movie will make some money, it will get the female crowd, so this will be the date movie of the early summer (many of you guys on here might not know what a date is, so look it up before you rant)

3 The Omen........ this will make a decent amount of money, hense the amittyvill remake and texas C.M. remake

5. the next weeks are slow, and x3 will make some money, but you have to remember, school is out, and plenty of parents will be taking their kids to repeats of Cars, and the new Garfield movie will be coming out, like I said, laugh all you want, but these movies do make decent money

6. superman returns will kill the box office, it will cash in 70+ million it's first weekend, and if the reviews are good, it will be higher and it will make decent money the rest of the summer. He's the most recognizable comic hero ever, he will draw fans of all ages

7. we got pirates, and posiadon after that, these movies will make great money, Pirares will make easly 90+ million it's first weekend, and if it doesn't pull a Matrix, it could easly be the number 1 movie of the summer, it's going to be either that or superman.......

but you know what, you could easly make a list with counter points for x-men, but people, there is a reason the media isn't gushing after this film, there have been bad reports about this movie, you can beleive that or not, it's your choice, I'm just saying, don't hold your breath

None of know how well X3 will turn out, but i do know that i can raise counter points for the movies you've chosen to shine a light on.

The Break Up? Yeah that's going to be a huge winner because of Anniston. Oh wait a second um wasn't she like in three of four big movies earlier this year? What were they? Derailed, Something with Kev Costner and two more i that I can't remember. Yeah those movie really raked in the cheese. If anything will be the saving grace it's going to be Vince Vaughan and even he's not that big of a draw with out his crew to make the film whole, but we'll have to see.

The Omen is FOx so does it really count? I'd give at around 80 million tops domestically.

Cars: I can agree with you on that

POTC: It's freash and different then the standard formula. It'll do well and quite possiably number 1 for the summer if not the year.

Posiden: Um I'm not sold on this. I see 20-25 million opening weekend for the Stealth star Josh Lucas. Looks good, but I see a 120 million tops domestic

Superman: Will have a strong opening, but could fall quickly despite all the hype it's going to get when people see it's nothing more then a rehash with todya's fx ala King King. Singer has brought 0 new to the table with the exception of Supes having a son. I betting supes will be the number 1 flick of the summer personally, but i had to list what's working against the film.

Davinci Code: jury's still out on how well it'll do. Despite being a successful book i have little interest in this film as do a lot of other people. Not a huge fan of Ron Howard. Hanks is good and if i see it it'll be due to him. I think it'll do well. Probably take in 175 million overall, but then it could pull a passion of the Christ if the hype works.

X3: so many it seems are rooting for this film to fail, which i've noticed more and more as the release date zooms in. is there something to fear from the xmen? Is WB worried. Although i see no threat for SR and POTC since the their release dates are a good enough away apart for them to rake in some cash. WB has a lot of power in the entertainment media. I've seen nothing blandness and negativeity from the media so far or no press at all. I'm really hoping this turns out good if for no other reason then to make the haters eat crow. Some do have a cause to be alarmed, but none of us have seen the movie.

MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #73
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentType
What?
If they don't know who he is, how would it have any effect on BO?
because they won't use his name, it will be "the director of X2" or something like that, that's the way it always is unless your last name is speilberg

Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #74
WorthyStevens
Green Man

Quote:
Opening weekend for DVC will be huge.

But, X3 hurting DVC is more likely than DVC hurting X3, since X3 is the newer movie.

Quote:
True. And I'm a Vince Vaughn fan, so I'm looking forward to that movie.
But since The Break-Up is a date movie, it won't hurt X3 as much since they mostly have different audiences.

Quote:
National Treasure managed to do just fine competing with The Incredibles.

Quote:
Also, remember X3 will probably have made most of it's money before 'Cars' or 'Garfield 2' comes out.

Quote:
Superman and X3 are a month separate from eachother. Neither will affect eachother's box office.

Quote:
True, but POTC2 has some pretty high expectations, seeing as it made over $300 million in the States alone. Not to say X3 doesn't have high expectations, but it'll be easier for X3 to make more than it's predecessor.

Quote:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith did as well, I believe. And look how that movie turned out.

"OFF TO WORK"

- T (TOBIAS)
WorthyStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #75
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB
None of know how well X3 will turn out, but i do know that i can raise counter points for the movies you've chosen to shine a light on.

The Break Up? Yeah that's going to be a huge winner because of Anniston. Oh wait a second um wasn't she like in three of four big movies earlier this year? What were they? Derailed, Something with Kev Costner and two more i that I can't remember. Yeah those movie really raked in the cheese. If anything will be the saving grace it's going to be Vince Vaughan and even he's not that big of a draw with out his crew to make the film whole, but we'll have to see.

The Omen is FOx so does it really count? I'd give at around 80 million tops domestically.

Cars: I can agree with you on that

POTC: It's freash and different then the standard formula. It'll do well and quite possiably number 1 for the summer if not the year.

Posiden: Um I'm not sold on this. I see 20-25 million opening weekend for the Stealth star Josh Lucas. Looks good, but I see a 120 million tops domestic

Superman: Will have a strong opening, but could fall quickly despite all the hype it's going to get when people see it's nothing more then a rehash with todya's fx ala King King. Singer has brought 0 new to the table with the exception of Supes having a son. I betting supes will be the number 1 flick of the summer personally, but i had to list what's working against the film.

Davinci Code: jury's still out on how well it'll do. Despite being a successful book i have little interest in this film as do a lot of other people. Not a huge fan of Ron Howard. Hanks is good and if i see it it'll be due to him. I think it'll do well. Probably take in 175 million overall, but then it could pull a passion of the Christ if the hype works.

X3: so many it seems are rooting for this film to fail, which i've noticed more and more as the release date zooms in. is there something to fear from the xmen? Is WB worried. Although i see no threat for SR and POTC since the their release dates are a good enough away apart for them to rake in some cash. WB has a lot of power in the entertainment media. I've seen nothing blandness and negativeity from the media so far or no press at all. I'm really hoping this turns out good if for no other reason then to make the haters eat crow. Some do have a cause to be alarmed, but none of us have seen the movie.
I agree with most of your assessments . . . I don't think Poseidon will do too well either . . . of all the big summer blockbusters, I think it will probably do the worst.

I disagree about the Break-Up though. Yeah, Aniston's other films were bombs, but this one puts her back in her successful comedic good-girl role coupled with the media frenzy it will bring via the Angelina-Brad-Jennifer-Vince mess.