The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #101
JokerNick
Banned User

Default Re: Why no love and expectations for X3 from the media??

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
So you are saying that we should all hold hands now and chant 'X3 is doomed, X3 will suck, JokerNick is the next holy prophet and he has said it is so, and thus it will be so'. No thanks. We'll make our own minds up. This is the X-Men forum after all, what do you expect on here? Of course people are fans of the characters and have good hopes for the movie.

Come on! You have an agenda. A trolling agenda. You don't even sound like the sort of person who would like X1 and X2. I thought the trailers were great, if you didn't then maybe you can explain why, what was bad and how it was any 'worse' than what we saw in X1 and X2? Forget that Leno thing that was severely edited to show a Wolverine spotlight piece. Storm looks better, we have a sober Xavier monologue, we have great words from Magneto, we have emotional decisions, conflict and drama, we have the rise of the Phoenix from one of the comicbook world's most classic storylines ever, we have Beast and Angel at last, we have Iceman's power stepped up, we have the war Magneto forseshadowed back in X1.

Let's hear your evidence that this film will 'suck'. State your case. I want a detailed argument based on the characters, the story, the actors, everything. Show us you are in a position to make all these claims. Compare everything you have seen to X1 and X2. In detail.

You are trying to cause trouble. You hardly know who these characters are. I seem to remember you asking who certain people were in a previous post. You are trolling big time. Trying to stir up negativity with every piece of criticism you can find.
right there you proved you are a complete idiot...... the scene that leno showed, come on, white eyes in the back ground, red ones blinking on the ground, wolverine magically appearing behind a head that was rolling on the ground............ come on!!!! id on't remember X1's trailers, but X2's weren't that great........... by the way, I loved X2 and thought x1 was good, so don't sit there and say I'm trolling, I never have once been on the superman board, I'm on here and the spider-man boards, but mostly here......... your love of the material is giving you flase hope for the material we will see in the theater, Singer is a great director, and I wish Fox would have waited for him to return, or how about Foxc signing him to x3 when they had the chance, no the sat there doing nothing....... I love how you want all this comic crap to be on the film, guess what man, it wouldn't work, people would laugh at it, comic book are hard to translate to films, people more talented then you and I have tried, and failed......... look at Ang Lee, he's a great director, his heart was in the right place, but a movie like the hulk doesn't translate well

X-men the movies work because of the world we lived in, the movies focused on discriimination, that's a current topic that every right wing conservative too every left wing liberal could relate too, singer didn't make some flashy out there movie, he grounded it, and made it seem like it could actually happen, it was a hightered relatiy, not a fantasy movie....

there's other things that bug me on this movie too, cyclops for one, singer never killed off him, but the new team doing it now is going to, or it atleast it looks that way, Singer and Mardsen are friends, if Singer was in charge, this would have never happened...

and according to you, a somber xavier moment, those were in the first two movie too, magneto's war doens't look that impressive, a bunch of people fighting on a island, yeah HUGE WAR!!! and it's gonna last 20 minutes too......... that reminds me, the 103 minute running time, lets try to cram all this in a movie shorter then it's predissosor.......

o and the phoenix storyline, the fact that cyclops role won't be included in it, really makes me look forward too it, and hearing murdering of xavier, and probably magneto, these characters are the anchor bolts of the x-men univerese, we got Martin Luther King Jr, and Maclom X, any future movies would be pointless with both of them gone,

and what the **** are you talking about, me not knowing these characters??? what the hell have you asked me in the past, your lucky i'm responding to your last post, you are clearly a complete moron... going on about Vinnie Jones being a "cinema draw" maybe on your little island, and guess what, these movies are made for the U.S., they are produced by companies here and marketed over here more then any other country, 10 fold.. honeslty, Vinnie Jones, the Soccer Hoolagin from eurotrip, LOL

you notice too, in every post I write, i don't normally rip apart peoples opinion, I comment and debate them, but I respect them, I'm not stirring up trouble, if you think I am, maybe you should move to china, becuase you have shown that anyone with a different opinion then you "is causing trouble" and if this is your attitude in life, I feel bad, because you a clearly on the level of a child mentally, and pretty much any educated person will have a different opinion then your dumb ass

oh and by the way einstien, you never answered my question, you answered it with a question....... pussy.........

Last edited by JokerNick; 05-08-2006 at 05:33 PM.
JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #102
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
This is all nonsense really. Most people out there aren't aware of 'creative teams' moving, or even of directors changing.
Exactly. Most people I know couldn't tell you who directed the first two movies. But they're liked them and they're excited about the new one.

Quote:
That Newsweek article was irresponsible to be honest. And I shall be telling them so. They obviously haven't seen the trailers, they don't mention the star cast (Kelsey Grammer's superhero debut, as well as Vinnie's), they don't get the summary entirely right and what a bland summary it was.
Typical of Newsweek. They did the same thing when 'The Phantom Menace' opened, basing all of their advance reviews off the message boards on AICN. It was so bad that Ron Howard wrote them a letter (which they published) telling them to quit bashing little Jake Lloyd--especially since they hadn't seen the movie.

And Joker...it's going to be bad because of the Leno clip? Please. You know, most people didn't play it back 75 times for analysis. Some guy in the audience even yelled "Woohoo!" at the end of it when it aired. I think the majority of the population are fine with it, and the ones who weren't probably weren't going to see the movie anyway.

I have a friend who can't wait for the movie who has no interest in seeing the trailers. He said to me that he liked the first two enough that he doesn't need to see them. I have to imagine there plenty more people who feel the same way.

danoyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #103
Douces
Side-Kick

There is some really bad box office predicting going on in this thread...

60 million opening for X3?
Poseidon opening with $20 million on its way to $80-100 million??
DaVinci Code making less than $200 million???

Douces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #104
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
right there you proved you are a complete idiot...... the scene that leno showed, come on, white eyes in the back ground, red ones blinking on the ground
The white lights were searchlights. The comicbook Sentinels had a searchlight in their chest.

Quote:
Wolverine magically appearing behind a head that was rolling on the ground............ come on!!!!
Yep, it did look odd. They tell us it was massively edited. We'll see when the movie comes out. That was just one TV spot. There have been 11 spots and two trailers - you make no mention of those at all, strangely enough. You pick on the one dodgy trailer - and the editing did make it look bad - and thus prove you are searching for negatives like some sort of germ seeking out an open wound.

Quote:
id on't remember X1's trailers, but X2's weren't that great........... by the way, I loved X2 and thought x1 was good, so don't sit there and say I'm trolling, I never have once been on the superman board, I'm on here and the spider-man boards, but mostly here......... your love of the material is giving you flase hope for the material we will see in the theater
Yep, I have a love of the material. Which begs the question as to what regard you have for the material. I shall see the movie because I am a fan of the X-Men. I'm not a casual mainstream viewer who knows little of the X-Men apart from a vague memory of X1 and X2, I'm a fan, an enthusiast. I loved both previous movies (they weren't perfect in many ways, but nonetheless i enjoyed them) and to me, the evidence makes this one look as good if not better. I don't want to have your attitude of pissing over everything. i'll leave the doom and gloom on your doorstep.

Quote:
Singer is a great director, and I wish Fox would have waited for him to return, or how about Foxc signing him to x3 when they had the chance, no the sat there doing nothing....... I love how you want all this comic crap to be on the film, guess what man, it wouldn't work, people would laugh at it, comic book are hard to translate to films, people more talented then you and I have tried, and failed......... look at Ang Lee, he's a great director, his heart was in the right place, but a movie like the hulk doesn't translate well
Singer does seem to be a good director, he's stylish if a little restrained. I don't think he would have returned - he left because he was pissed off. Ang Lee tried too hard with Hulk, he became too cerebral with it... but it's still a great movie and although the build-up was too long, the action and CGI was amazing. It was just overly complex.

Quote:
X-men the movies work because of the world we lived in, the movies focused on discriimination, that's a current topic that every right wing conservative too every left wing liberal could relate too, singer didn't make some flashy out there movie, he grounded it, and made it seem like it could actually happen, it was a hightered relatiy, not a fantasy movie....
Yes, and X3 will be grounded too. No Shi'ar spaceships, no Phoenix devouring a sun, no fighting aliens on the moon. The saga has been well an truly grounded. And there is a strong socio-political theme with the cure, bringing discrimination right to the forefront. All these things you want - themes from society, grounded fantasy - they are ALL there. So why are you worried?????

Quote:
there's other things that bug me on this movie too, cyclops for one, singer never killed off him, but the new team doing it now is going to, or it atleast it looks that way, Singer and Mardsen are friends, if Singer was in charge, this would have never happened...
But Singer left, and then Marsden left, and we don't know what happened exactly, what 'parameters' were set for the character. Singer didn't make very good use of Cyclops in X2, you must remember that. And the seeds of Wolverine's feelings for Jean were blossoming already in X2. If Singer was doing X3, it would be different, but the fact that he left and that Marsden chose to join his project (Shawn Ashmore was also approached) created what we are seeing in X3. You can only guess at what would have happened if James Marsden had decided not to go to SR. Also, we do not yet know for sure what happens to Cyclops. There is no final definite answer on whether he lives or dies. No matter what any novel says, there is no real way of knowing until the movie comes out.

Quote:
and according to you, a somber xavier moment, those were in the first two movie too
Yes, that's my point. They are following the theme and tone of the previous movies. So why are you crapping your pants all the time?

Quote:
magneto's war doens't look that impressive, a bunch of people fighting on a island, yeah HUGE WAR!!! and it's gonna last 20 minutes too.........
The raising and moving of the entire Golden Gate Bridge doesn't look impressive? The rallying of a huge army of mutants and the marching towards Alcatraz doesn't look impressive? Beast leaping down on soldiers and Storm rising high in the air to attack with lightning and a tidal wave doesn't look impressive? The rumours of Phoenix destroying Alcatraz in a fiery frenzy of barbaric destruction isn't impressive? Are you sane? Are you on some sort of mind-numbing medication?

Quote:
that reminds me, the 103 minute running time, lets try to cram all this in a movie shorter then it's predissosor.......
It's been grounds for some concern, but I've never thought previous movies I've seen to be overly short. Elektra and FF didn't seem fantastic, but they didn't seem short (even if they were). We don't yet know the running time anyway. Whatever it is it won't deter me from seeing the movie. Nor will it deter the general public, unless it's an offputting three hours like Kong.

Quote:
and the phoenix storyline, the fact that cyclops role won't be included in it, really makes me look forward too it, and hearing murdering of xavier, and probably magneto, these characters are the anchor bolts of the x-men univerese, we got Martin Luther King Jr, and Maclom X, any future movies would be pointless with both of them gone,
Future movies would be pointless? So they are the only character we can ever have? What total rubbish. We've seen enough of Magneto for now. He may not be actually dead, he may simply be assumed dead. Cyclops is part of the Phoenix saga in this film - we know he wakes her, we know he makes her emerge from the water, beyond that we don't know. We don't know if he is dead. There is plenty of material for future movies. The public will get bored seeing the same thing, and fans too want to see other things - Hellfire Club, Havok, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Bishop, some of the other X-students. There are hundreds of other characters who deserve a moment in the spotlight. Open your mind.

Quote:
and what the **** are you talking about, me not knowing these characters??? what the hell have you asked me in the past, your lucky i'm responding to your last post, you are clearly a complete moron... going on about Vinnie Jones being a "cinema draw" maybe on your little island, and guess what, these movies are made for the U.S., they are produced by companies here and marketed over here more then any other country, 10 fold.. honeslty, Vinnie Jones, the Soccer Hoolagin from eurotrip, LOL
I didn't say Vinnie was a cinema draw, but he's good publicity material. Former soccer bad-boy goes on rampage as 'unstoppable' comicbook character. The tabloids will lap it up. And, by the way, I don't think you do know these characters very well - i've seen little evidence of it. You seem like you are attaching yourself to reasons to dislike the movie - Singer (who is not directing it), Superman (which you think is better), Cyclops (who you think will get a bad deal in X3). That's all you seem to go on about. You have an agenda, and are best suited to the trollfest of the AICN forums, so don't try to pull the wool over people'e eyes on here.

Quote:
you notice too, in every post I write, i don't normally rip apart peoples opinion, I comment and debate them, but I respect them, I'm not stirring up trouble, if you think I am, maybe you should move to china, becuase you have shown that anyone with a different opinion then you "is causing trouble" and if this is your attitude in life, I feel bad, because you a clearly on the level of a child mentally, and pretty much any educated person will have a different opinion then your dumb ass
Really? I can't see much evidence of this respect at all. You insulted me several times in your previous reply. Your own user title is 'trolling around', your name is JokerNick, you stated massive lies on here which you then had to retract as a friend's false spoilers, you are constantly posting alleged proof as to why this movie will fail. So don't try to pretend otherwise. The evidence is right in front of us. You want this movie to fail. You are a troll, as your own user title says.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #105
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do we need all the women to be 'hot'? Are all mutants supposed to be classically beautiful? Which is why they introduced Nightcrawler in X2 - David Hayter said it himself.

If we already have Famke and Halle sizzling on screen, and Rebecca sizzling in her own blue genes, then surely we don't want more and more supermodels on screen. This is a movie, not a Vogue convention. We need those with normal, or unconventional looks.

In any case, movie Callisto is a lot more stunning than the comicbook version!!!

Your argument appears as though you are floundering to find something to criticise.
Although insightful , this has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. Perhaps if you would have taken the time to scroll up a whole six posts you would see that I am against the changing of a character simply to make them more attractive . . . I'll even go one better and copy and paste my post for you, so you won't have to go back a page.

Here is my response to Godzilla2000 when he said that the changing of Callisto's looks was an improvement (which seems to go against your argument that not every character needs to be made a good looking mutant):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
The point is not to "improve" characters . . . Following that logic, why not have a male model play Peter Parker simply for the sake of "improving" him? It completely disregards the character, and then what's the point? Even moreso for a character like Callisto who's [ugly] looks actually served a purpose in explaining the actions of her character and the motivations of her people.
I agree with Bryan Singer and David Hayter's assessment that all mutants should not be good looking. The post to which you were responding, and took out of context, was a reply to MJB in which he stated that X3 will be good because "at least it has hot chicks . . . that Singer never would have hired" . . . to which I responded that Singer hired plenty of hot chicks, maybe ones even hotter than those featured in X3 (which is why I posted pictures so as to show MJB that the girls in the first two movies were not 'un-hot' or filmed 'un-hot') . . . which may even help your argument "that not all hot mutants need to be good looking" seeing as how we had so many from the first two--why add more to the third (especially when it inherently changes a character like Callisto who wasn't meant to be hot in the first place)?

It appears your arguments for criticizing me, rather than my posts, are floundering . . . as my posts are not trying to criticize the franchise, but rather defend the choices made in the first two films as well as the source material from which they come.

Last edited by BMM; 05-08-2006 at 06:31 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #106
Proteus-X312
Side-Kick

Quote:
if you guys wanna know the strangest thing, in an interview with stan lee. when asked about x3, all he did was say that he loved the first two x films, he thought that singer was incredible, he brought things to the screen that would seem silly if another director would have done it, and then he said, x3 should be good, but then he went off and talked about how he can't wait to see superman returns.....

Stan Lee is more excited about Superman then X-Men............. that right there should prove somethings up
I wouldn't think that anything is wrong by him saying that.If he favors Singer, than that's his opinion.Singer did a great job but it felt like it was his version of the X-Men and not exactly the X-Men we know from the comics.He held back a little too much.I've seen the new x-clips and judging from them I can say that Ratner will give us the X-Men movie fans have been waiting for.I have enough confidence in Ratner to say this.

Proteus-X312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #107
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
Although insightful , this has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. Perhaps if you would have taken the time to scroll up a whole six posts you would see that I am against the changing of a character simply to make them more attractive . . . I'll even go one better and copy and paste my post for you, so you won't have to go back a page.

Here is my response to Godzilla2000 when he said that the changing of Callisto's looks was an improvement (which seems to go against your argument that not every character needs to be a good looking mutant):

I agree with Bryan Singer and David Hayter's assessment that all mutants should not be good looking. The post to which you were responding, and took out of context, was a reply to X-Maniac (wrong name in there!) in which he stated that X3 will be good because "at least it has hot chicks . . . that Singer never would have hired" . . . to which I responded that Singer hired plenty of hot chicks, maybe ones even hotter than those featured in X3 (which is why I posted pictures so as to show X-Maniac (and in there) that the girls in the first two movies were not un-hot or filmed un-hot) . . . which may even help your argument "that not all hot mutants need to be good looking" seeing as how we had so many from the first two--why add more to the third (especially when it inherently changes a character like Callisto who wasn't meant to be hot in the first place)?

It appears your arguments for criticizing me, rather than my arguments, are floundering . . . as my posts are not trying to criticize the franchise, but rather defend the choices made in the first two films as well as the source material from which they come.
Umm.. what? Oh, okay, let's re-read it....

You have thrown me off course by inserting my name twice in that last section, making me responsible for wanting 'hot chicks' or something. I never use the phase 'hot chicks', so that can't be me!

As for Callisto...well... that's debatable for sure. Callisto's appearance has varied greatly since her first...errr... 'manly' demeanour... She is now much more attractive in the comics. Maybe they studied more recent depictions?

I think some characters are more attractive in the movies (Wolverine?), other are less of the muscled super-hunks of the comics (Magneto!), some could never be as repellent as in the comics (Toad!)....

But, yes, I see your point. Much about Callisto appears to have been changed. Arclight's attactiveness is more of an arguable point!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #108
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus-X312
I wouldn't think that anything is wrong by him saying that.If he favors Singer, than that's his opinion.Singer did a great job but it felt like it was his version of the X-Men and not exactly the X-Men we know from the comics.He held back a little too much.I've seen the new x-clips and judging from them I can say that Ratner will give us the X-Men movie fans have been waiting for.I have enough confidence in Ratner to say this.
Singer didn't want to hold back in the way that you say he did...Basically, FOX couldn't afford to give him as much money then as they've given Ratner now for this film..Alot of things just, couldn't be done, even within Singer's grounded realism (that a third X-Men would still be using)...

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #109
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

JokerNick,

Every movie that's been released thus far and will in the future has always been besotted with both positive and negative upshoots. The question is a matter of focus.

Superman Returns has received negative feedback just as X3 has.

As if these kind of things are precedent for how well a film will do, or how good (or bad) it is.

Your point being?

And by the way - again, the Sentinel clip was edited. It's a simple and indisputable piece of information, by which I can't believe you didn't grasp at especially that it was the only subject under scrutiny.

You're not doing yourself any favours if you're going to be selective in your line of reasoning, and an unnecessarily vindictive one at that.

Last edited by pyromaniac; 05-08-2006 at 09:19 PM.
pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #110
ororoandme
Storm Incarnate

Quote:
well that is the general feel about this movie, anytime I bring it up, people are like "eeehhh, I'll wait for the review", it's like most people know that the people who did the first two are doing superman returns, and when I bring up superman, people are excited about those films........

top 5 movie, money wise this summer, imo

Superman returns
Pirates
Cars
Da Vinci Code
Posiodan

x3 will be in the top ten, probably like 8th or so
I think X3 will do better than Poseidon and Cars for sure...Da Vinci will definitely give the mutants a run for their money....and the jury is still out on Superman. But I don't think X3 will be able to topple POTC2

ororoandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #111
ororoandme
Storm Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000
Poseidon will bomb I believe. I mean come on! How can they top Shelly Winters' underwater swimming scene from the original?
my thoughts exactly! That scene was inspiring, funny and heartbreaking all in the same time!

Old 05-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #112
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

X-Maniac, Joker Nick: Take it down a notch. Let's discuss this subject like mature adults, and keep the flaming out of the discussion.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #113
TNC9852002
Banned User

Poseidon isn't doing well in the reviews so far...I'm pretty sure that's gonna hurt Poseidon's long-time standing...

Over the Hedge is getting some mixed reviews, but I still expect it to do better than Poseidon..

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 05-08-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #114
ororoandme
Storm Incarnate

Quote:
true true, but come on people, I understand we are all fanboys of this franchise, but I ask someone, to show me where all this confidence is coming from, the trailers were ok, nothing great, and I'm sorry, that clip on the leno show was bad, just bad, and no, I'm not trying to get your panties in a bunch, it's just that people here get more deefensive about this movie then anything else, i could draw a pic of muhamad riding a bomb, and get a more civilized response
As stated by the screenwriters on thexverse.net, the Leno clip was a edited bit to show Wolverine's prowess in the Danger room...that clip is not the exactly how it happens in the movie, it's jsut bits and pieces. Just stating what I read in the xverse forums.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #115
Supreme Power
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCharlieX
And the folks who saw rush hour are... popcorn movie fans... action top priority.
Umm, no all of them are not.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #116
Supreme Power
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameq
Because its Superman. Ever since part II, fans and the general audience have always wanted more of the blue bomber. I'm no huge fan of the character, but even I felt a tingle of excitement and anticipation seeing both trailers and hearing that now infamous score once again. It's almost like the Star Wars thing; you just know it's STAR WARS. From there the anticipation builds as you're quickly reminded of your fondness for the films.

I wish I could say the X-men trailers made me feel that way. I don't know, I get this feeling that X3 is not so much in a crowded field, but quite possibly in over its head this summer. Ratner really needs to hit a grand slam with this film. X3 will have no staying power if it's not great.
I felt the oppposite way about that superman trailor for some reason.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #117
TNC9852002
Banned User

Anyone else hoping that See No Evil actually turns out okay?...

I'd hate to see another movie with an WWE "superstar" to turn garbage..

-TNC

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #118
GNR
worships John Matrix.

screw the media.

GNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #119
Sun_Down
Groovy

I think the 103 minute runtime, unconfirmed though it may be, is producing a lot of bad buzz on the internet.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #120
Supreme Power
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002
Anyone else hoping that See No Evil actually turns out okay?...

I'd hate to see another movie with an WWE "superstar" to turn garbage..

-TNC
Yes I am TNC.
But, I happen to like the Rock.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #121
TNC9852002
Banned User

I think the only people that are having issues with the supposed running time are the die-hard X-Men fans...I work at a movie theater and I find it that alot of people (the general audience) seem to appreciate movies that aren't too long...Especially those with large families..

OT: I couldn't believe that Lucky Number Slevin was only 108 minutes when I watched it the first time...

-TNC

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #122
Mar420x
Banned User

well fox might not have paid their bills that maybe a reason for low media expectations. i really dont have a problem if the movie is long or short because it truly matters if the story is good or not. im betting it will b eXcellent.

Mar420x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:11 AM   #123
MJB
Side-Kick

Quote:
but alonyg with the office, he has become a draw in the comedy field, jsut like vaughn, why do you keep putting these guys into superhero roles, most big actors are draws in different genres, not all of them...... you wouldn't be able to take an Owwn , Stiller, Ferrell, carroll seriuosly is they did a seriuos role, just like no one could take afflect seriuosly as a superhore, nonetheless, Vaugn is a draw in the comdey genre and he will make money.........
I'm not trying to put them in superhero catagories. I'm saying the definition of a an Alist box office draw is someone like Tom cruise. Tom Cruise could've starred in Wedding Crashers and not only would it have been successful it would made more cause cruise was attached. It's not really a whole lot of mega stars on the level with cruise. Will Smith, Brad Pitt, and Harrison Ford(when he was working on a regular basis) come close. For females it probably Just Julia Roberts. Owen Wilson while good in his comedy flms tried his attempt at action with that fighter Jet movie a few years back, and that failed.

I understand where you're coming from. Guys like Vaughan, Stiller, and Carrell(Not a 100% sold on Carrell, he only had one hit where he was the lead i'll wait for his next 3 -4 flicks before i back him as a draw) are respected in their comedy element and can be a draw depending on the movie, but otherwise try sticking any of those guys in a Mission Impossiable or Bourn Idenitity type project and see what happens.

MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:24 AM   #124
MJB
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCharlieX
Actually... everyones not waiting for singer to return. Many are just crossing fingers and hoping fox didnt choose a less than stellar team for this film without the right mindset, as they couldve easily done so. It could take 5 years... the point is... get quality done. I can wait.

It remains to be seen if "rescue " is the word.

That's just it, FOX did bring on board a less then impressive team. Fox had the chance to bring on board a good creative team, and what do they do? They hire the guy who wrote XXX2, part of F4 Catwoman and Charlie Angels 2. They also stick with Penn, who probably contributed some good material in the previous films, but he was part of a writing team. His work on Elektra has me concerned. I was half expecting Akiva Goldsman to show up somewhere on the production team. As for Director i have no problem with Ratner, but Fox could've got someone better, like Alex Proyas, Paul Greengrass, Doug Limon or Luc Besson or a them dudes that directed Harry Potter 3 & 4. Alfonso Cuarón and Mike Newell, but nope they got Ratner, a man who's competant and will shoot the film good and to the letter of the script. So that's why I say I hope the script is good or otherwise X3 is screwed.

MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 AM   #125
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let's wait for the actual box office takings and not make massive estimates.

It almost looks like you want this film to fail. Let me sharply remind you that Bryan chose to leave and do Superman and that without Brett stepping in, we wouldn't have an X3 at all.

Whose side are you on? It seems to me like you like to start trouble and then back off and watch the sparks fly. The phrase 'trolling around' under your screenname looks very appropriate. I don't think you should be believed or trusted one bit.
Wow, wtf? I dont think theres any need for an Stalinist inquisition....