The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #26
DarkYoda
Side-Kick

Default Re: IGN Article X3: Villainy of Magneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down
I just got a flash of Beast pouncing on Apocalypse in that XML2 cutscene. Beast v. Magneto is definitely sounds awesome.
That was a great cutscene. Too bad Beast got his ass kicked.

DarkYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #27
Storm22
Side-Kick

Dark Beast is SOO annoying when you have to fight him in XML2, he spin kicks all over the place, you just have to keep running!

Old 05-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #28
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMetalhead
That makes me think that the cure won't last long and may even further evolve mutants.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #29
ginny_weasley
Geek

Magneto will have no remorse when he uses his metal-manipulating abilities to capture Wolverine, slam him into the ground, and twist him around in the dirt. And Wolverine's painful screams won't bother him in the slightest.

^^^Sweet!

"But of course we don't know, this cure being a new thing, how long it's going to last."

^^^yipes!

Magneto's secret lair, briefly glimpsed in X-Men, is back in The Last Stand. Producer David Gorder says, the underground ediface was "modeled after Magneto's lair in the first film." The location doesn't play a big part in the movie, but "a small bit of action takes place [there]" and "it's a location that's key."

^^^hmmmm....thoughts?

C2:Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
Bitter about Cyke? Make it known on this petition
ginny_weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
Electrix
Side-Kick

Maybe Mystique gets one of the first batches of the cure and it only lasts a matter of hours. Magneto rejects her but she turns back into her normal mutant form and comes back and kicks his ass..

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #31
Pyrox
insatiable

I'd love for that to happen!

Pyrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #32
ginny_weasley
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix
Maybe Mystique gets one of the first batches of the cure and it only lasts a matter of hours. Magneto rejects her but she turns back into her normal mutant form and comes back and kicks his ass..
That would rock.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #33
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:

And what would Mystique do on his own? (I mean, if she leaves Magneto)

*thinking -> She Joins the Xmen, She Joins Wolverine in the spin off*

Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #34
WorthyStevens
Green Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon

And what would Mystique do on his own? (I mean, if she leaves Magneto)

*thinking -> She Joins the Xmen, She Joins Wolverine in the spin off*
Mystique is a her, not him.

But, if that happens, I would like to think she remains rogue for throughout the movie. Perhaps take the form of Callisto or Juggernaut, as the final battle draws to a close, to get closer to Magneto, and then take revenge of Magneto.

"OFF TO WORK"

- T (TOBIAS)
WorthyStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #35
ginny_weasley
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthyStevens4
But, if that happens, I would like to think she remains rogue for throughout the movie. Perhaps take the form of Callisto or Juggernaut, as the final battle draws to a close, to get closer to Magneto, and then take revenge of Magneto.
hmmm, I like that idea....Mystique is very fond of disguising herself as other folks to get close to what/who she needs to...

Old 05-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #36
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick

that COULD explain the different hairstyle? maybe after the cure wares off she goes good and lets her hair down a little bit i definatly see it happening.... i mean she can be bad and still kick magnetos ass...

Old 05-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #37
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
That's what you get from learning english watching Schwarzenegger's movies
Quote:
Imagine that: The final battle, Magneto is invincible, the X-Men almost defeated, and then someone sneaks behind him and attacks. The audience is crazy to see Cyclops is not really dead and heroically saves the day, until Mystique morphs back to her original self.

Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #38
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007
"Brett Ratner has a favorite. It's when the supervillain first crosses paths with Beast, played by Kelsey Grammar. "

thats what im talkin bout..... i really think beast will be a break out hit
I was tottaly surprised that Kelsey Grammer was picked for Beast. Look at him he's over 6 feet tall and really sounds like Proffessor Mccoy. Good call whoever casted him, good ****ing call.

ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #39
Electrix
Side-Kick

Matthew Vaughn cast Kelsey as Beast apparently...

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #40
EmmaInDoubt
Side-Kick

good stuff

EmmaInDoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #41
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytr1687
Sorry but after X3 Magneto should be gone, or at the least have a very small part. You can make characters like the Hellfire Club and Apocalypse interesting...you just have to change them a bit from the comics. And Sinister does have a history with two characters: Cyclops and Jean. Thats why I dont want to see them die.
Yea, but Sinister's story line is so sci-fi and comic booky. I like how the X-Men have been adapted into a more modern enviroment and have been brought down a notch. I don't want to see clones and alternate timelines and junk in these X-Men films.

Hellfire Club is so generic. In every Marvel database I can find it says " The Hellfire Club wishes to DOMINATE THE WORLD by economic and politic means". Dominate the world? The X-Men, in these films, aren't superheroes. They're not in it for the glory and the recognition, which they obviously don't recieve. They are trying to save mutants from extinction.

If Sinister is too out there for these films, Apocalypse is way to sci-fi. An ancient Eygptian mutant merged with futuristic alien technology? I think not...

Magneto, however has already been established in these films as a recurring enemy with a lot more to him than those other villains could possibly wish to be. Magneto is the very opposite of the X-Men. They believe in mutant prosperity, while he believes in supremacy.

If I were to consider villains, however, I would have Graydon Creed and the FOH as the villains along with Bastion and Project Wideawake. Maybe even the Legacy Virus. However, Magneto would have to be there too.

In past films, the government has taken indirect approaches at solving the mutant problem. This time, they realize that in order to eliminate them, they must actually eliminate them. Creed conspires against the nation by allowing the virus to be released and for Bastion to take his army and terrorize 1000s of innocent mutants.

Magneto should be there, like always, acting as homo superior's savior.

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #42
LMason
Side-Kick

From another place:
AP: What's Magneto up to this time in X-Men.

McKellen: I do like this story, because this begins in the Oval Office with the president having just appointed a minister for mutants. It's Kelsey Grammer painted blue, as it turns out. And then they discover a cure for mutancy. Think of the dilemma that minister is put in, at the heart of the establishment and the heart of the capitalist world. We've got to peddle the lie that we're all the same so we all buy the same products. That's why they don't like openly gay people on TV. We upset the view that we're all the same. What is Magneto going to say about that? Well, what everybody should say. Not on your life! There are people who think you can cure homosexuality. Scientologists will tell you they can cure you. They can CURE you! Well, Magneto suddenly became an easy part to play.

AP: Because you could relate to that notion, people saying they're going to cure your ``aberration.''

McKellen. Yes. And as he says, ``We are the cure.'' Great stuff.

LMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #43
phizzul
Side-Kick

i cant wait for the mags/beast scene, they are going to meet, knowing that they are on opposing sides of a battle, but they are both intelligent, i think we will see some well articulated arguement from both ends. im excited

phizzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #44
marvelgeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007
that COULD explain the different hairstyle? maybe after the cure wares off she goes good and lets her hair down a little bit i definatly see it happening.... i mean she can be bad and still kick magnetos ass...
LOVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
That's what you get from learning english watching Schwarzenegger's movies

Imagine that: The final battle, Magneto is invincible, the X-Men almost defeated, and then someone sneaks behind him and attacks. The audience is crazy to see Cyclops is not really dead and heroically saves the day, until Mystique morphs back to her original self.
Well that'll just be cruel! Toying with poor cyke-fans hearts everywhere... The rest is good though

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMason
From another place:

AP: What's Magneto up to this time in X-Men.

McKellen: I do like this story, because this begins in the Oval Office with the president having just appointed a minister for mutants. It's Kelsey Grammer painted blue, as it turns out. And then they discover a cure for mutancy. Think of the dilemma that minister is put in, at the heart of the establishment and the heart of the capitalist world. We've got to peddle the lie that we're all the same so we all buy the same products. That's why they don't like openly gay people on TV. We upset the view that we're all the same. What is Magneto going to say about that? Well, what everybody should say. Not on your life! There are people who think you can cure homosexuality. Scientologists will tell you they can cure you. They can CURE you! Well, Magneto suddenly became an easy part to play.

AP: Because you could relate to that notion, people saying they're going to cure your ``aberration.''

McKellen. Yes. And as he says, ``We are the cure.'' Great stuff.
Awesome find, awesome interview and most of all Awesome Ian!

Last edited by marvelgeek; 05-11-2006 at 07:35 AM.
marvelgeek is offline   Reply With Quote