The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

Old 06-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Zombie-tastic
Side-Kick

Default Infiltration Opinions...

So, we are on issue #5 and not much has happened. How do they do it? I personally think that it's the movie-esque panels that are usually pretty cool. For example: Issue #5 where Hunter is reaching for Verity. A complete movie shot, but nicely done.

Even though the series is going a bit slow, I reallly like it. Hopefully it will pick up a little bit after the initial story arc.

And Megatron looks pretty decent too.

Zombie-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Infiltration Opinions...

It's just too slow forbuild-up to something that's just not very exciting.

I mean, 5 issues (6, if you count #0) and it's all going to lead up to "Hey, look, it's Optimus Prime!"

Just doesn't seem worth it.

It's the polar opposite of what Dreamwave was doing, though. Dreamwave was all about tossing in as many robots and as many fanwank Easter Eggs as humanly possible. It got tiresome and stupid after a while.

Infiltration has been taking it sloooooowwwwwww...too slow, and tell a "story" in 6 issues that could've been covered in 3 or less.

The only really good thing about Infiltration's turtle-approach is the character depth. Ratchet's got the best character-representation since his Marvel comic days and I've really come to love him all over again. Runabout and Runamok have never been more interesting. Ever.

The humans...well, they've got depth...but I'm not sure I like it. In fact, I friggin HATE Verity. Hate her guts. Hopefully she'll mellow out at some point. So far "Infiltration" should've been titled "Annoying B**ch, co-starring the Transformers".

While Dreamwave was bad on one end of the spectrum, Infiltration has been irritating on the other end. Some middle ground would be nice.

Stormbringer looks to bring things in that direction.

Infiltration hasn't been "god awful", it's just too little content spread over too many issues leaving you feeling somewhat empty.

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Zombie-tastic
Side-Kick

agreed. i just hope that it speeds up after the first arc.

Zombie-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
Effect
Newtype

I've been hearing how slow Infiltration has been and well boring. How have the sales been compared to what Dreamwave was putting out? Is the comic in danger of being canceled or does the publish not mind low sales?

Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #5
DrSpengler
Side-Kick

Well, Dreamwave's Transformers #1 debuted at the top of the charts.

Infiltration and Beast Wars have been consistently remaining in the top hundred, but that's about it.

It's not under threat of cancellation. At least, not yet.

What killed Dreamwave was that they were relying 100% on Transformers to make money. They were flooding the market with titles (at one time there were about 6 different Transformers comics out) and they had nothing else but a few other licensed comics to fall back on.

IDW, on the other hand, has a wide aray of popular titles (including the 30 Days of Night series) so if or when Transformers sales start to slump badly, they'll be able to keep the title afloat with revenue from another book.

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
Destructicus
Side-Kick

I think it is okay but could be better. Verity needs to be stomped on by megatron. Verity needs the same treatment that happened to the frist two humans seen in the dreamwave Transformers issue one. Then I will be happy. I did like how some of the other autobots got the spot light instead of the same old ones and Megatron destroying his fellow Decepticons wasnt a bad way to end issue 5 either.

Brokebat Mountain.
Destructicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
Longbow_Hunter
Side-Kick

am personally enjoying it,i dont mind the slow pace of the storyline either.its not as great as dreamwave's stuff thou.The only thing that bothers me is that it seems more focused on the humans than the transformers.

Longbow_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote