The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #51
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.E.H.Z.E.B
The Capt. has spoken!


... as if it matters.

And in a thread about "Civility" . How ironic.

How I forgot not to invoke the wrath of Aramis in the 3 Muskateers of SHH wannabee mods.


__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #52
Steelsheen
Iconic
 
Steelsheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,057
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider
I wonder whether it's my age that made Routh a hard sell for me,last time we had a superman i was a kid so he was a man to me,it's odd having supes and Lois younger than i am
hmm... now that you've pointed that out.....

..... nah, there's just something about them two that doesnt quite make them the obvious choice for their roles. its the elusive "presence" dude. Superman and Lois Lane is more than the costume and the steel glance. unfortunately with these pair unless we see them in action we dont get that "presence". its not just you or i, lots of people i know in RL have seen the posters, tv spots and trailers and they're still not sold on teh current Supes . but they'll watch the movie because hey-- its Superman.

__________________

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH


Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

avatar by Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #53
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

And to you so called "GAM members".........

You want civility but all many of you have done with your suck ups and quest for internet chumminess, is to create divides and lack of civility most of the time.

Also, may I point out that "gangs" such as this "GAM" idiocy are forbidden on these boards with a reminder a couple of days ago from an Admin / Mod (below)...

Quote:
Dew K. Mosi

Re: Recruitment for the GLA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, I guess you all don't remember that I banned all gangs from these boards...
Shadaloo knows better than to have gang threads. Perhaps you should learn by their example.
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...&postcount=200

So before people aask for civility and this is by no means any dig at Showtime because I think he is quite a neutral sort of chap, people like MEHZEB need to knock off the snide crap and then maybe we'll all get along better anyway.

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #54
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,249
Default Re: The Art of Civility

^^^^^^Ive spoken to Dew,she has no issue with GAM and it's not like anyone is doing anything to hurt the board,i swear Villa for an older guy who was a cop you fly off the handle quicker than anyone around here

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #55
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider
^^^^^^Ive spoken to Dew,she has no issue with GAM and it's not like anyone is doing anything to hurt the board,i swear Villa for an older guy who was a cop you fly off the handle quicker than anyone around here

Get her to post here then if she so endorses it. As far as I see, she banned gangs.

There has been many a thread with people kissing ass to literally join up for this nonsense. It has also ruined many a good thread.

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #56
nosebleed.
Banned User
 
nosebleed.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 9,792
Default Re: The Art of Civility

there's gangs on shh? how very depressing.

nosebleed. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #57
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,249
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
Get her to post here then if she so endorses it. As far as I see, she banned gangs.

There has been many a thread with people kissing ass to literally join up for this nonsense. It has also ruined many a good thread.
Ive spoken to her in PM's and posted with her and Drak in many threads so im not hiding my sig from her but if you want to report it to her go right ahead,three letters and a bit of fun is all it is

Please show me a thread where anyone is stupid enough to kiss anyones ass to join a net group that's only benefit is putting three letters in your sig

We also have GSAC and DOSV if you want to wipe them all out but what about you and your flying off at ppl like you just did at Mehzeb ? i mean a guy your age and intelligence couldn't see that as just a joke ? you are always serious as a heart attack for some reason

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #58
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,249
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosebleed
there's gangs on shh? how very depressing.
I don't see how that word has come to be used I argue with all the members of GAM and don't defend them when they are debating so not much of a gang

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #59
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Indeed, a man of my intelligence knows damn well what a comment that contains a mad smiley, is meant for, in context. Or is it some kind of Indian joke that got lost into English ? I dont think so.

You see thats the crap with this GAM stupidity - you back each other up, when your failing on your arse with no good reason of winning that argument.

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #60
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,249
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
Indeed, a man of my intelligence knows damn well what a comment that contains a mad smiley, is meant for, in context. Or is it some kind of Indian joke that got lost into English ? I dont think so.

You see thats the crap with this GAM stupidity - you back each other up, when your failing on your arse with no good reason of winning that argument.
That's not the mad smiley,it's the embarrasment smiley
you are blowing all this way out of proportion and i don't back anyone cos they have 3 letters in their sig,i just thought you yet again flew off the handle over a harmless joke like you did that night when the guy said your thread title was misleading

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #61
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

In your opinion. Smiley or not, I can read and it it is certainly no joke but a personal attack.

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #62
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
Indeed, a man of my intelligence knows damn well what a comment that contains a mad smiley, is meant for, in context. Or is it some kind of Indian joke that got lost into English ? I dont think so.

You see thats the crap with this GAM stupidity - you back each other up, when your failing on your arse with no good reason of winning that argument.
Dude, this is the mad smiley:
This is the pompous, smartass smiley:

There's a difference. And this may be written down as another one our so called encounters. I'd term this experience as an educational one. I'm learning quite a bit about you. Your problems with certain posters here. The way you label us as "wannabe mods" and the way you attack us for living a little and having a little fun. Well. It's been educational. Most certainly.

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #63
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
In your opinion. Smiley or not, I can read and it it is certainly no joke but a personal attack.
If I wanted to attack you, I would have directly. No need for any side-talk. I'd say it straight up. That's one thing you could be sure of.

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #64
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,249
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
In your opinion. Smiley or not, I can read and it it is certainly no joke but a personal attack.
an attack ? a bit sensitive perhaps ? and what about your attacks ?

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #65
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.E.H.Z.E.B
Dude, this is the mad smiley:
This is the pompous, smartass smiley:

There's a difference. And this may be written down as another one our so called encounters. I'd term this experience as an educational one. I'm learning quite a bit about you. Your problems with certain posters here. The way you label us as "wannabe mods" and the way you attack us for living a little and having a little fun. Well. It's been educational. Most certainly.
Yes, your sub-concious speaks for you there.

May I remind you that you may have disagreed with my initial remark for which you have every right in the world, to defend / oppose as you see fit. But to attack the person because you cannot debate shows simply that you do not have the arsenal to do so.

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #66
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider
That's not the mad smiley,it's the embarrasment smiley
you are blowing all this way out of proportion and i don't back anyone cos they have 3 letters in their sig,i just thought you yet again flew off the handle over a harmless joke like you did that night when the guy said your thread title was misleading
There's no point arguing with him. He just hates everyone who wants this place to be better. Just because you say something like, "This thread is in the wrong forum" or "This is gonna get closed" in his mind, you are a 'wannabe mod'. Just because you make a thread like this about civility, it automatically becomes inconsequential because a mod did not start it. I think in his mind, the mods are the only real posters in the forum, and the rest of us are just here to read the posts without ever intervening in anything.

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #67
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.E.H.Z.E.B
If I wanted to attack you, I would have directly. No need for any side-talk. I'd say it straight up. That's one thing you could be sure of.

Oh and you did, I read it. Or is your english not up to scratch yet ?

Your english is fine and you damn well know what you said.

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #68
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
Yes, your sub-concious speaks for you there.

May I remind you that you may have disagreed with my initial remark for which you have every right in the world, to defend / oppose as you see fit. But to attack the person because you cannot debate shows simply that you do not have the arsenal to do so.
I don't want to argue with you about anything. We've been down that road before. It's just not worth it. Although sometimes I want to jump in and have a good 1-2 with you, as strictly gentlemen ofcourse, but I wouldnt want to put myself through what many posters have already been through. You'll be surprised how many people have you on ignore in this forum. And as far as arsenal goes... well, I don't like to brag... so let it go.

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #69
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
Oh and you did, I read it. Or is your english not up to scratch yet ?

Your english is fine and you damn well know what you said.
I know what I said. I dont know what you read. See the difference?

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #70
Captain Villa
Side-Kick
 
Captain Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.E.H.Z.E.B
I don't want to argue with you about anything. We've been down that road before. It's just not worth it. Although sometimes I want to jump in and have a good 1-2 with you, as strictly gentlemen ofcourse, but I wouldnt want to put myself through what many posters have already been through. You'll be surprised how many people have you on ignore in this forum. And as far as arsenal goes... well, I don't like to brag... so let it go.
You cant brag, because you cant, it is evident that you cannot debate without a personal attack.

You have had every chance to retract / apologise / mis-context the initial post but no, you pursue it with more insults because thats all you are capable of.

You even do more of the above again !!

As for you being a "wannabe mod", would you like me to pull up all your campaigning threads and posts ?

__________________
-------------------
Thank you to Kakarot for my avatar.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #71
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,249
Default Re: The Art of Civility

This isn't what Showtime started this thread for
Villa if you feel so strongly about a sarcastic jab then report him and be done with it,if you want GAM and what not removed then PM Dew and I'm sure she will sort it one way or another
But if you 2 want to argue why not do it in PM's b/c one harmless joke has turned into a battle and is killing the purpose of his thread

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #72
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa
You cant brag, because you cant, it is evident that you cannot debate without a personal attack.

You have had every chance to retract / apologise / mis-context the initial post but no, you pursue it with more insults because thats all you are capable of.

You even do more of the above again !!

As for you being a "wannabe mod", would you like me to pull up all your campaigning threads and posts ?
You want an apology? Okay. I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I didn't know I warranted such strong emotions. The usage of two exclamation marks. Whoa. You must really be pissed. And as for me being a "wannabe mod"... sure. Go ahead. Pull up my campaigning threads. I'd like my celebrity status to be active again. Thanks for the idea Vill, your a real pal

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #73
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider
This isn't what Showtime started this thread for
Villa if you feel so strongly about a sarcastic jab then report him and be done with it,if you want GAM and what not removed then PM Dew and I'm sure she will sort it one way or another
But if you 2 want to argue why not do it in PM's b/c one harmless joke has turned into a battle and is killing the purpose of his thread
Yeah well. I'm sorry Hunter. I should've known he'd react this way. He's always been hostile towards certain posters. Forgot I was one of them. Won't happen again.

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #74
DvilDog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: texas
Posts: 1,127
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Ummmm. Howdy guys. *wave*

DvilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #75
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator
 
M.E.H.Z.E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bloodshed Valley
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: The Art of Civility

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvilDog
Ummmm. Howdy guys. *wave*
Hey. *waves back*

__________________
MESS WITH THE BE$T : D1E L1Ke THE Re$T
The Nightmare is just Beginning...

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.