The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 06-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #1
pspring5
Side-Kick

Default Possible Sequel Villain?

Does anyone think that richard could be superman's next villain in a sequel? I guess in order to justify Lois picking Supes over him. Because that would be messed up if Superman ended up breaking them apart. I wouldnt be surprised if they turned him into metallo.

pspring5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Possible Sequel Villain?

LOOOL

Cant believe that someday someone would make this stupid thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Way too early to tell.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
MoviesKickAss
Banned User

I higihly doubt this will happen. Since Richard is supposed to be the CLOSEST thing a Human ever will be to Superman but with no Powers. If anything at the most I see Richard stepping aside & him & Lois staying Friends for Jason. With the way Richards Character has been discribed your not giving him enough credit

MoviesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

In one of the interviews Marsden mentions this in a list of possibilities for the character.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
SuperDaniel
Banned User

i`D love to see Richard having a plane accident and LEX makes him metallo!

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
pspring5
Side-Kick

if you watched the clips, the ones with richard in it. richard is obviously jealous. he's bothering lois about it. btw cinemaman, yeah this is far-fetched but its not stupid. shut up.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
Fatboy Roberts
Side-Kick

There's a whole forum dedicated to possible sequel stuff about two forums under this one. Plenty of discussion there.

Fatboy Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #9
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring5
if you watched the clips, the ones with richard in it. richard is obviously jealous. he's bothering lois about it. btw cinemaman, yeah this is far-fetched but its not stupid. shut up.
You cant tell me what I have to do

Also, Richard is pretty nice guy, he cant be villian.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #10
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Alright guys, break it up.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #11
pspring5
Side-Kick

damn forget it some other genius already posted this in the sequels thread. sorry.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #12
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

if he is they need to beat spiderman to the punch before jj jameson becomes the wolf. otherwise making richard a boyfriend looks like a legit ripoff

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #13
Triligors
Banned User

FROM SUPERMAN RETURNS: THE OFFICIAL GUIDE-

'Richard White is a new character in the Superman canon, so where does he go from here? Marsden confesses that he doesn't know what may lie in store, but specultates that the seeds planted in Superman Returns could allow the character to go in any direction in subsequent films: "He could do a '180 and become a villain," says Marsden, "because this jealousy [of Superman] crescendos. Or it can be something they [continue to] struggle with." '

Triligors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #14
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

So you are saying that Richard can be turned into Metallo by Lex? But where is Corben?

And as I know, Richard is very nice guy, doubtful he will be villian for sequels.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #15
SuperDaniel
Banned User

**** Corben. He`s never been a good character in the comics. Richard White to become Metallo would be perfect, in my opinion.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #16
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

But how would Lex turn him into Metallo? And why Richard will be against Superman?

Maybe because there will be some accident and Richard will be angry, because Supes didn't save him, because Supes choosed to save Lois?

Old 06-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
Triligors
Banned User

Here's how:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Lois Lane still obviously has feelings for Superman. As seen in the scene ontop of the Daily Planet building. She acts as though she has no interest and is still faithful to Richard- but, then can't help the fact that she DOES still have feelings for him.

Possible sequel route: Richard becomes jealous. Superman seems to be taking over and Richard is left on the side lines. He could easily take a turn towards the dark side.

Marsden is 100% right. 'Seeds' are planted throughout Superman Returns that could create a number of possibilities.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #18
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triligors
Here's how:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Lois Lane still obviously has feelings for Superman. As seen in the scene ontop of the Daily Planet building. She acts as though she has no interest and is still faithful to Richard- but, then can't help the fact that she DOES still have feelings for him.

Possible sequel route: Richard becomes jealous. Superman seems to be taking over and Richard is left on the side lines. He could easily take a turn towards the dark side.

Marsden is 100% right. 'Seeds' are planted throughout Superman Returns that could create a number of possibilities.
Well, I think accident will be better than your version. Richard thought that Supes would save him, but he choosed Lois. And then Richard knows that Lois is with Kent and that Kent is Supes. So then Lex finds him and turns Richard into Metallo.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #19
Lightning54SC
Banned User

i like this my idea....

1. Superman Returns - Lex
2. Superman Returns II - Brainiac (holding Kandor and tricking Kal-el would be sweet)
3. Superman Returns III - Superman goes to resuce Kara-el from Darksied when ZOD comes to earth to rule... superman nabs Kara and takes off back to earth after defeating Darksied and comin back to a ZOD ran world... superman takes on zod to end the trilogy!!!

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #20
pspring5
Side-Kick

richard would be the perfect villain but i got the vibe in the martha and clark scene when clark was telling martha it was a graveyard blah blah blah and martha says, its a big universe, you never know who's out there, i got the vibe that convo could lead to a braniac emergence.

lightning you have to remember that there is a budget. making a darkseid would be too expensive. making another planet wouldnt be that appealing. the direction of this movie is chick flick oriented, not really going for that superman fan.

Last edited by pspring5; 06-15-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #21
Triligors
Banned User

Richard loves Lois. He would rather risk his life in order for Lois to live. Take this from somebody that knows ALOT about this movie. The end shows that if Superman saved Richard instead of Lois, Richard would be resentful towards him for saving his life and not saving Lois. Thus, the thing that can push him over the edge is losing Lois- he loses Lois, we don't know how he would react. We already know that he's willing to risk his life for her- to lose her, might send him over the edge.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #22
stej247

I want Doomsday.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #23
'N'
Banned User

i always felt that a braniac as the brains and doomsday the braun kinda team-up and of course bizaro i think singer could would some sort of dramatic thing with him, i love bizaro

'N' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #24
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triligors
Richard loves Lois. He would rather risk his life in order for Lois to live. Take this from somebody that knows ALOT about this movie. The end shows that if Superman saved Richard instead of Lois, Richard would be resentful towards him for saving his life and not saving Lois. Thus, the thing that can push him over the edge is losing Lois- he loses Lois, we don't know how he would react. We already know that he's willing to risk his life for her- to lose her, might send him over the edge.
Ok, but Richard will also be angry, because Lois becomes again Superman's girlfriend.

Besides, Richard also can think that Supes is powerful, he could save both them.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #25
GreenKToo
In the fire

yes he is a very nice guy,but losing the love of your life,can turn you into a raging monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemaman
So you are saying that Richard can be turned into Metallo by Lex? But where is Corben?

And as I know, Richard is very nice guy, doubtful he will be villian for sequels.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote