The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
DarkSuperman
Side-Kick
 
DarkSuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orbiting Satellite
Posts: 1,999
Default Monica Bellucci should play Queen Hippolyta

Wouldn't it be cool if Monica Bellucci was cast in the Wonder Woman movie, perhaps as the immortal and beautiful Queen of the Amazons. If she was a tad younger she would have been perfect to play WW herself, however it wouldn't be too bad if she were to play the wise mentor and mother figure to Diana instead. Seeing as though Hippolyta is very similar to Wonder Woman herself.

Bellucci definately has that whole mediterranean sexy thing, plus she is a phenominal actress. What do you all think, could she have a shot?

http://www.monicabellucci.it/gallery/

DarkSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
The Chairman
Pimps' Main Prophet
 
The Chairman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Down in the Jackson Cage
Posts: 18,822
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

I wish Bellucci were young enough to be Diana.

Lynda Carter for Hippolyta.

__________________
"The world better prepare, for when I'm a billionaire" - Bernie Madoff
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,479
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Lynda said she wants to play Athena (or did she say Artemis?), so Monica can be Hippolyta.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
Steelsheen
Iconic
 
Steelsheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,044
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Lynda said that she wants to play a real role and not just a cameo. she was referring to either Hippolyta or Athena, whichever role is bigger.

__________________

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH


Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

avatar by Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick
 
Ceb-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Monica Bellucci is a beautiful actress, but to me Lynda Carter should be Queen Hippolyta.

__________________
Are You Serious ?
Ceb-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Kane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Lynda Carter for Hippolyta and Taylor Cole for Wonder Woman.

They look like mother and daughter....and really, none of the other actresses suggested could really pass for Lynda's daughter.

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
Iron Man™
The Invincible Iron Man
 
Iron Man™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stark Enterprises, NYC
Posts: 673
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

She could have been WW years ago. But like everyone else, I'm going to have to agree that Carter deserves to be in the film as Hippolyta. It's only fitting.

Iron Man™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
DarKush
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,617
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man™
She could have been WW years ago. But like everyone else, I'm going to have to agree that Carter deserves to be in the film as Hippolyta. It's only fitting.
Why do people feel that Belluci is too old? She looks fine to me. And she certainly looks the part.

Why is there a tendency to give all of these roles to 20-year-olds?

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
Iron Man™
The Invincible Iron Man
 
Iron Man™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stark Enterprises, NYC
Posts: 673
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKush
Why do people feel that Belluci is too old? She looks fine to me. And she certainly looks the part.

Why is there a tendency to give all of these roles to 20-year-olds?
She's hot no doubt, but I really don't see her as WW IMO. Even though Whedon said age isn't a concern for him.

Taylor Cole is my choice, period.

Iron Man™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,565
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTHONYNASTI
Lynda Carter for Hippolyta.
Anything less would be blasphemy.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
Iron Man™
The Invincible Iron Man
 
Iron Man™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stark Enterprises, NYC
Posts: 673
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret
Anything less would be blasphemy.
Totally, it seems perfect to have her. She was an icon in the tv series for the character, so it makes sense.

Iron Man™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
Ben Urich
Side-Kick
 
Ben Urich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,776
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Either Carter or Bellucci would work.
Too bad there isn't anyone in Hollywood today who can do Diana justice

Ben Urich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:27 AM   #13
Iron Man™
The Invincible Iron Man
 
Iron Man™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stark Enterprises, NYC
Posts: 673
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Yeah that sucks really, it's a wise choice Whedon is going to have to make when casting comics around the corner....

Iron Man™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #14
emi
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 356
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSuperman
Wouldn't it be cool if Monica Bellucci was cast in the Wonder Woman movie, perhaps as the immortal and beautiful Queen of the Amazons.
Oh, God, no, please!!! She can't act: worst actress ever...


Last edited by emi; 06-25-2006 at 09:31 AM.
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #15
Ben Urich
Side-Kick
 
Ben Urich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,776
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man™
Yeah that sucks really, it's a wise choice Whedon is going to have to make when casting comics around the corner....
I hope they go with an unknown. When Diana is on screen, I want to see Diana first... not the actress under the tiara.

Ben Urich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #16
Gogo Bananas
Banned User
 
Gogo Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 456
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

It's gotta be Carter...just a small role, but it has to be her.
And she was awesome in Sky High.

Gogo Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:28 AM   #17
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"
 
GL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: School and Work
Posts: 6,193
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

I say make Hippolyta a sizable role. Let her be the main issue in leaving Themyscira and let her be upfront in Diana's homecoming after her first big victory (the end of the movie)...

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #18
dpm07
Hiking Hero
 
dpm07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKush
Why do people feel that Belluci is too old? She looks fine to me. And she certainly looks the part.

Why is there a tendency to give all of these roles to 20-year-olds?
She's a beautiful woman for her age, but she's starting to plump out, and she's old enough to be someone's grandma.

You ask why there's a tendancy to give the roles to people in their 20's? Well, it's probably because mainstream audiences can more easily identify with a younger actor or actress, because they themselves are young. It's just the way it is. It's not going to change, and people need to get used to it, or stop going to films. Many actors or actresses use television either when they are young, and on their way up, or getting old and on their way down. It's just the way of the world.

When I see Wonder Woman on-screen, I want someone younger. Not someone who looks young, but someone in fact who is younger.

Whedon said that age was not a factor in his selection process, but if anyone really think he's going to cast someone who's older, than people are in for a reality check. He's not stupid, and it would be career suicide to cast someone who's older. There are roles for older actors/actresses.

Wonder Woman is not one of those roles.

Run with either Morena Baccarin or Taylor Cole as Wonder Woman. If someone is to be cast around the 30's mark then go with Angelina Jolie or Kate Beckinsale.

__________________
"If we die, it will be for glory, not for gold..." - Beowulf
dpm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #19
DarKush
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,617
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm07
She's a beautiful woman for her age, but she's starting to plump out, and she's old enough to be someone's grandma.

You ask why there's a tendancy to give the roles to people in their 20's? Well, it's probably because mainstream audiences can more easily identify with a younger actor or actress, because they themselves are young. It's just the way it is. It's not going to change, and people need to get used to it, or stop going to films. Many actors or actresses use television either when they are young, and on their way up, or getting old and on their way down. It's just the way of the world.

When I see Wonder Woman on-screen, I want someone younger. Not someone who looks young, but someone in fact who is younger.

Whedon said that age was not a factor in his selection process, but if anyone really think he's going to cast someone who's older, than people are in for a reality check. He's not stupid, and it would be career suicide to cast someone who's older. There are roles for older actors/actresses.

Wonder Woman is not one of those roles.

Run with either Morena Baccarin or Taylor Cole as Wonder Woman. If someone is to be cast around the 30's mark then go with Angelina Jolie or Kate Beckinsale.
I understand your point, and I agree to some extent. However, you have actors like Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman, Tom Cruise, etc., etc. audiences still identity with or will go see on the big screen. So, I don't think its just about youth, its about story, FX, marketing, etc.

I would rather see a good actor instead of a young one just because they are younger. Entrusting these potential franchises to very young, and sometimes unseasoned actors can be both a blessing and a curse.

It worked well with Spider-Man and Batman Begins. The jury is out regarding Superman Returns.

But I think Hollywood is shooting itself in the foot by not having 'older' actors in some roles. Sometimes, I want to see a seasoned hero, someone in their 30s. Perhaps an actor that has paid more dues. A Clive Owen or Dennis Haysbert GL movie would probably be pretty cool. So would Catherine Zeta Jones a WW.

And the age thing can go to extremes. I've read that people considered Charisma Carpenter too old for Wonder Woman and she's only 32. What's up with that? How is 32 too old?

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #20
dpm07
Hiking Hero
 
dpm07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKush
I understand your point, and I agree to some extent. However, you have actors like Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman, Tom Cruise, etc., etc. audiences still identity with or will go see on the big screen. So, I don't think its just about youth, its about story, FX, marketing, etc.

I would rather see a good actor instead of a young one just because they are younger. Entrusting these potential franchises to very young, and sometimes unseasoned actors can be both a blessing and a curse.

It worked well with Spider-Man and Batman Begins. The jury is out regarding Superman Returns.

But I think Hollywood is shooting itself in the foot by not having 'older' actors in some roles. Sometimes, I want to see a seasoned hero, someone in their 30s. Perhaps an actor that has paid more dues. A Clive Owen or Dennis Haysbert GL movie would probably be pretty cool. So would Catherine Zeta Jones a WW.

And the age thing can go to extremes. I've read that people considered Charisma Carpenter too old for Wonder Woman and she's only 32. What's up with that? How is 32 too old?
Men generally get better roles in film when they get older to a point. Is it a double standard? Sure. However, it's not likely going to change.

I also agree with you regarding Dennis Haysbert and Clive Owen (Incidentally, I think Haysbert would make a great Martian Manhunter). CZJ is a great actress. However, she's really on the edge because of her age, and will probably see a diminishment in the types of roles she'll get.

As for Charisma Carpenter? Well, despite the fact that she is relatively limited in ability (and I'm being kind), she's not 32. She's more like 35-36. She may be putting off that she's 32, but she's older than that. She's got the Sandra Bullock thing going. Bullock was in her early-mid 30's forever until it was leaked that she's actually in her 40's. Now look how her overall career has gone. She may have a hit with her latest film, but it's more than likely due to the strength of her on-screen chemistry with Keanu Reeves or his box office appeal than it is her.

__________________
"If we die, it will be for glory, not for gold..." - Beowulf
dpm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #21
natnut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 53
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm07
Men generally get better roles in film when they get older to a point. Is it a double standard? Sure. However, it's not likely going to change.

I also agree with you regarding Dennis Haysbert and Clive Owen (Incidentally, I think Haysbert would make a great Martian Manhunter). CZJ is a great actress. However, she's really on the edge because of her age, and will probably see a diminishment in the types of roles she'll get.

As for Charisma Carpenter? Well, despite the fact that she is relatively limited in ability (and I'm being kind), she's not 32. She's more like 35-36. She may be putting off that she's 32, but she's older than that. She's got the Sandra Bullock thing going. Bullock was in her early-mid 30's forever until it was leaked that she's actually in her 40's. Now look how her overall career has gone. She may have a hit with her latest film, but it's more than likely due to the strength of her on-screen chemistry with Keanu Reeves or his box office appeal than it is her.
Actually, the most important point we tend to forget is that WW is going to be an origin story--it's going to focus on the young Diana.

natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #22
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,479
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

In some cases, I believe Hollywood takes the "young actress" thing too far. Lois Lane in Superman Returns would've been the perfect role for an actress in her 30s. 6 years older, a working mom. Casting a girl in her mid-20s was a swing in the wrong direction.

However, Diana should be a fresh fish. She shouldn't be able to pass for a teenager, but she should still look young enough for her naivete to not look awkward. We don't need a seasoned Wonder Woman if:
a) it's a movie that takes place before she gets seasoned
b) Amazons are eternally young

And when I say they're eternally young, I mean that Hippolyta should be able to pass for Diana's older sister, but still have the gaze/stare of a woman much older. The perfect Hipplotya would have to be an actress in her 40s who can pass for her thirties, while Wonder Woman should be someone in her mid/late-20s or early-30s.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #23
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,689
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnut
Actually, the most important point we tend to forget is that WW is going to be an origin story--it's going to focus on the young Diana.
And Whedon has said that it doesn't really matter how old Diana is, since her sheltered life would make coming into the rest of the world a coming of age experience even if she's in her 30s.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #24
Lex Luthor
Evildoer
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Legendary Pictures
Posts: 9,562
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

I love Monica Bellucci, but I have to go with Lynda Carter for Queen Hippolyta.

Morena Baccarin, or Jennifer Connelly if it's a 30something Wonder Woman.

Lex Luthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,776
Default Re: Monica Bellucci as Queen Hippolyta

Now that Gal Gadot has been cast they need to get Bellucci. These two look pretty similar.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.