The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 06-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #26
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Default Re: So MANY sequel set-ups!

I thought I saw the Brainiac symbol on one of the mics being held to Lois at the hospital.

Poetic Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #27
Dark Knight
Banned User

I liked the set ups as well.

Supes throwing New Krypton into space with the Kryptonian crystals sure is a set up for Braniac to come into play! FINALLY!

I have a feeling Lex may have a hand in developing Metallo as well?

The dilemma is Richard. Will he be killed off in the sequel....or he become jealous and become a villian? Perhaps Metallo??? Or would they stick to Corben being Metallo.

The set up that is clear is certianly the one involving new Krypton in space and Braniac coming into play.....

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #28
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Mike D and Dan Harris CONFIRMED THAT THEY ARENT USING ZOD

They even insulted him in that interview, that was amusing

The villian will be tied to the remaining FOS crystals of Kryptonian knowlegde, its pretty obvious.

Braniac will come into play....he has to....

Old 06-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #29
Super78
Side-Kick

I don't think the "superkid" will be addressed at all for the sequel, given the response from fans over it.

I think Superkid should be avoided all-together -- they can address it that he doesn't have any powers and is not Superman's kid, something like that.

The sequel should have General Zod, escaped from prison, who somehow manages to gain 'super powers' again -- and he and Lex team up to finally bring down Superman.

Super78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #30
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super78
I don't think the "superkid" will be addressed at all for the sequel, given the response from fans over it.

I think Superkid should be avoided all-together -- they can address it that he doesn't have any powers and is not Superman's kid, something like that.

The sequel should have General Zod, escaped from prison, who somehow manages to gain 'super powers' again -- and he and Lex team up to finally bring down Superman.

The kid will probably have the same amount of screentime in the sequel as he had in this film. They will probably show a scene or two where he uses his powers just like in this film....the main focus on the sequel will most likely be Supes against Braniac....Lex might try and kidnap the kid or something and try to use his DNA to create a clone or something like that. Just a guess of course.....I don't expect to see the kid using his powers all over the place thats for sure.....that would be a mistake.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #31
Catman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
The dilemma is Richard. Will he be killed off in the sequel....or he become jealous and become a villian? Perhaps Metallo??? Or would they stick to Corben being Metallo.
Richard will not become a villain. Singer is avoiding that cliche!

Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #32
Eros
Side-Kick

why would Brainiac be a setup for the sequel, he has nothing to do with krypton as i beleive? Only in the STAS, and smallville.

Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #33
thechubbysaint
Side-Kick

I think he was related to krypton in the comic books too.

thechubbysaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #34
thechubbysaint
Side-Kick

The crystals will probably merge with Kal Penn's character's carcass for brainaic. He seemed like a popular choice for just a henchmen.

thechubbysaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #35
Nivek
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Emperor
those are the worst sequel set-ups especially, the i am now superdad story.
Coming to a Superman comic near you, very soon. The reguler people really liked Jason. And personally I liked how they did it.

So bleh, you dont like it. A hell of alot of people did. if you see it, just wait outside to hear the reactions. It's very telling. Kid's dug it.

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #36
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Watch all this Braniac talk turn into Zod being released from the Phantom Zone ( vague history ) and discovering the crystals in space!!!

Wouldn't shock me........

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #37
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechubbysaint
I think he was related to krypton in the comic books too.
no he was not he was an exiled alien scientist, from another planet.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #38
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

If it was up to me, Jason would die of natural causes leading into the sequel, so then we can do away with all the SuperJason talk and focus on more important stuff.

In Superman's sorrow over his son's death, Darkseid begins his invasion of Earth, forcing the Man of Steel to come to his senses and save the world. Throw Darkseid, Apokolips, New Geneisis, Mongul and everyone else in there.

Think of it like this.......

Superman Returns = Alien
Superman Returns 2 = Aliens

Time to make a kick ass true blue movie!!

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #39
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super78
Oh you know it will. It has to - it's too prominent to ignore.

Quote:
No they can't, since they showed he had powers and made him being Superman's kid such a big deal. Otherwise it's just a total betrayal of what went on in SUPERMAN RETURNS.

I wish it hadn't happened, but now the superkid is a ball and chain tied to the future of the Superman franchise.

Agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #40
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom420
If it was up to me, Jason would die of natural causes leading into the sequel, so then we can do away with all the SuperJason talk and focus on more important stuff.
I'd like that, myself (well, that the kid dies - not necessarily the natural causes part of it). It would give Superman something to really grieve over. It would certainly be a dark moment for Superman, though...

Agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #41
vader519
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC
cant use doomsday... after watching supes get handed to by a few humans i d hate to see what doomsday would do
But you are forgetting that whole landmass was created with krytonite as well. So it made Superman weak, and he could not defend himself.

vader519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #42
PSU442
Awaiting Email Confirmation

does anybody else thing that this ending between clark/supes and lois leaves the door open for clark/supes to have a substantial relationship with LANA in a sequel

PSU442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #43
Eros
Side-Kick

singer would never sue Lana, and the reasons are very obvious. Superman loves lois, and from what singer sure remebers from the 1978 superman Moive, Lana and Clark were nothing more then friendly classmates[even though clark liked her, and she might of liked him] in highschool in the movieverse.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:42 PM   #44
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman
WOW! It ain't over yet, folks! Man. . .they were really thinking of the sequel when they made this. First, Superman releases New Krypton into space. What the hell is gonna happen with that? Then, Lex and Kitty are stranded in that island. Oh, by the way, what is Superman gonna do without the crystals?!?! And, finally, Superman discovers that he's the father. What's gonna happen with that?
Those are the worst "sequel set-ups", ever

Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #45
Superman79
Superman79 Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77
I'd like that, myself (well, that the kid dies - not necessarily the natural causes part of it). It would give Superman something to really grieve over. It would certainly be a dark moment for Superman, though...
The kids' death would be most compelling and simple...either natural causes or due to villiany...

the other option is always having the kid turn to "the dark side" and fight his own father...it was something Peters mentioned in Look up in the Sky...

Superman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #46
TIMMAH
Newbie First Class

since they went with the superman = jesus formula, they should have doomesday in the sequel kill supes and then Reeves erum.... Routh can come back to life 3 days later, say "it is finished" and kick doomesdays ass with the help of junior and his new crystal inhaler.

TIMMAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:12 PM   #47
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom420
Watch all this Braniac talk turn into Zod being released from the Phantom Zone ( vague history ) and discovering the crystals in space!!!

Wouldn't shock me........
with kryptonite growning more and more i dont see zod finding them.... he'd die....

BRAINIAC

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #48
Lightning54SC
Banned User

but before we jump on this bandwagon the movie has to make money which it isnt doing so well.... i think people are bummed on Da Vinci code and X3

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #49
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMMAH
since they went with the superman = jesus formula, they should have doomesday in the sequel kill supes and then Reeves erum.... Routh can come back to life 3 days later, say "it is finished" and kick doomesdays ass with the help of junior and his new crystal inhaler.
LMAO

Old 06-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #50
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros
singer would never sue Lana, and the reasons are very obvious. Superman loves lois, and from what singer sure remebers from the 1978 superman Moive, Lana and Clark were nothing more then friendly classmates[even though clark liked her, and she might of liked him] in highschool in the movieverse.
LMFAO!!!