The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Batman vs. superman, good idea, or not?
Yes 42 51.85%
no 39 48.15%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #51
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Default Re: your thoughts? Superman Vs. Batman

Quote:
While I am not an extremely die-hard Superman fan like some people in the Superman section I still can say that I do not think that would be the case.

Every single Superman movie you see Lex Luthor...I would really like to see Parasite or especially Metallo in a Superman film; tired of seeing Luthor.

Besides, that guy you were replying to mentioned the Batman villain being Ra's Al Ghul (not like that is his greatest foe)...so Lex would not have to be in it as well because not like it would be The Joker like it was in that animated film. But then again if they did do this film they should not do Ra's either because ya...he would not work with anyone really...
My guess would be that they'd want to bring headliners to challenge Bats and Superman as well. It would take the heat off of the sure to be let-down fight between them, I mean....nobody would win...., so marketing it as Joker and Lex, they're greatest foes, joining forces.....rather than Ra's (a still relative newbie to audiences, but still badass) teaming up with Metallo, or Parasite (total unknowns to the general public). Hype would be the key, and I think having Joker and Lex would be something WB would want to make happen.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:30 AM   #52
PunisherPoster
Side-Kick

This just wouldn't make much sense from a business standpoint. Why make one film when you can make two?

I also think the general public would find the whole idea a bit silly. After all, most people only know these characters from the films, and probably haven't read any "Superman vs. Batman" stories.

I remember Conan O'Brien joking about it a few years back. ("Superman has all these superpowers...Batman is just a guy that works out. This is the worst idea for a movie ever!")

PunisherPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #53
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

lmao.

Yeah, I think you might alienate certain audiences too. Batman is a very dark, gritty, and let's admit it.....pretty violent character. Batman Begins proved that. Superman is very kid friendly, not that he cannot be serious, but.....you won't catch any stupid parents complaining that Superman needs to be more "kiddy" (****ing bastards *****ed about BEGINS.....), so therefore....audiences that prefer the dark and violent....might be turned off by the prospect of a light and kiddy Batman......while audiences who prefer the light and kid friendly Superman....but be turned off by the prospect of a dark and violent Superman.

See what I mean? It's complicated.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:45 AM   #54
Speedball
Don't. Blink.

well then keep them that way, and have each other bicker about the manner at which they perform their heroic feats.

Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #55
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Yeah, I guess they really are the Ultimate Odd Couple.

Hmm....If this happens, I only ask one thing.....this is non-negotiable Superman fans.

I want Bruce to tag Lois.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:35 AM   #56
ferlac333
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G3NDK1LLER
i liked how they mentioned Gotham too in SR
I noticed that also upon my second veiwing, do you think WB made Singer do that so that we have proof that Batman and Superman exsist in the same universe?

ferlac333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:38 AM   #57
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I would guess Singer did it to tease.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:50 AM   #58
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Well in Singer's movie at some part on the news they mention Superman saving people in Gotham or something...

Superman on Bat's turf? Maybe that was him hinting they don't co-exist.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:13 AM   #59
BatFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Okay, someone get the Levitz (DC president) interview from the Supermanhomepage.com.

He basically says a teamup movie with Routh and Bale is a realistic possibility for the future...

But for now, they need to concentrate on nailing their individual franchaises.

Also, it wont be a VS movie either. Brandon basically said he woud be up for it but Batman and Supes shouldnt be fighting each other (which is true)....

It will be World's Finest instead.
Well, technically it would have to be a VS., because Superman and Batman stand for different politics....Superman=Justice/Batman=Vengeance...so Vs...but not physically....it would be interesting to see how they effect eachothers lives though...

BatFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #60
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Yeah, it could be. But, I think it'd be physical too. Batman and Superman would probably fight.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #61
PunisherPoster
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlac333
I noticed that also upon my second veiwing, do you think WB made Singer do that so that we have proof that Batman and Superman exsist in the same universe?
I think it was just an in-joke, much like the Metropolis reference in Batman Forever.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #62
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Joke?

Nah....it came off serious.

A joke would have been what was said in......ehh.......Batman...and....Robin.

Sorry, it's still hard to acknowlegde that film's existence.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #63
PunisherPoster
Side-Kick

Not a 'this is supposed to be funny' joke, just an in-joke (easter egg).

Old 07-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #64
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman
Yeah, I guess they really are the Ultimate Odd Couple.

Hmm....If this happens, I only ask one thing.....this is non-negotiable Superman fans.

I want Bruce to tag Lois.
only if we can get Wonder Woman to lay it on heavy with Supes.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #65
SFII
Banned User

it's a bad idea. why would Superman and Batman want to fight each other?? i just don't see it. unless the plot was somehow devised by a supervillian to hypnotize them into fighting each other. and then you could have Evil Superman(like in Superman 3) VS Evil Batman. that could actually be interesting to see. that might be the only way it could work. but the plot would be too predictalbe becuz we'd know that they somehow snap out of it, and join forces to defeat the supervillain. lol

SFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #66
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

i really don't think it'll happen now. superman is not doing so well in the box office right now. its turning into this year's king kong. its sad. superman had so much potential but singer bogged it down with way too much emotion and almost no action.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #67
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
it's a bad idea. why would Superman and Batman want to fight each other?? i just don't see it. unless the plot was somehow devised by a supervillian to hypnotize them into fighting each other. and then you could have Evil Superman(like in Superman 3) VS Evil Batman. that could actually be interesting to see. that might be the only way it could work. but the plot would be too predictalbe becuz we'd know that they somehow snap out of it, and join forces to defeat the supervillain. lol
Because when they first meet, they reallly don't like eachother.

Batman beats the hell out of bad guys, interrogates them for information....he's a dark hero, and many wonder if he should even be considered a HERO if not a Vigilante.

Superman is the boy scout....you'll NEVER catch Superman, even on his worst ****ing day, smashing a thug's head into a bathroom mirro while the man is pissing......that's just not his way. Superman is the MR. Clean.

It makes sense that they fight when they first meet......doesn't it?