The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #76
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

Default Re: Lationo Review reviews Wolverine script

okay... I just realized something ... bone claws makes sense to me... I mean they have to be bone claws. right? I mean how the heck can you have steel claws in the first place? So basically... he was born with bone claws...and then later on while he was being experimented on, he was given steel claws...right?

Which would hurt more? Bone or Steel? ... Probably bone...cause bone is a part of your skeleton...but I wonder how the heck do they replace the bone claws with the steel claws...it sends shivers down my spine and it also gives me goosebumps just thinking about it...

anyway... the movie sounds interesting...but I'm still not sure if I want to see it...maybe if it has Jean as a cameo...perhaps. lol

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #77
LoGaN's RuNNer
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002
I really liked where the script is going...It could turn out well if they don't get bogged down with money and time and cut a whole lot of good crap out..

I wonder if they're gonna digitally age/de-age Hugh and/or Tyler Mane or whoever's playing Victor Creed a little..

-TNC
I doubt it. It's not like he is covered in wrinkles. If anything they might just put some makeup on, but I would doubt that too.
As far as the script I only read a couple of paragraphs, but it sounds really, hopefully they can pull this off. I knew they would add the bone claws, I didnt read the end of it or anything, but I think it would be cool if the last scene was of after he gets his adamantium, and first sees his claws and is in shock and all. I think that would be a nice touch, to link it to the beginning of the movie from when he is a kid.

LoGaN's RuNNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #78
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthkush
I don't see anything really all that bothersome about this script, people. It sounds pretty dang cool to me actually.

- Why did so many people think Omega Red was gonna be in this? NOBODY in the production team ever said that. Omega Red was listed as being in X3 because they needed a name for a mutant extra and that's probably all. I'm betting Blob was the "character intentionally left out of X3 for the wolverine movie" the entire time.

-what in the world is wrong with having the bone claws in the film? I think it's a good thing. Now non comic readers will stop thinking he had them implanted. It's not as annoying as how so many of them believe the Joker killed Batman's parents but it could become as bad if it's not dealt with.

-I'm ecstatic that so many characters that SHOULD be in the movie are. Silverfox, Sabretooth, Wraith, Agent Zero. Stryker i'm excited about(but only if Cox returns. Without him, i'm not sure Stryker will work as well). I would love it if Deatstrike showed up but i'm not holding my breath for it. I'd also love it if Tyler Mane got another shot at playing Sabretooth. I think he wasn't given a fair chance to make an impression in X1.
Eh... I guess your right... I'm just pissed my favorite X-men villain will be left out of this flick... I'm not banking on sequels so I am disappointed... but with the origin story altered... with Creed/Logan's past altered, with no references to Wolverine and Japan's background.... I think it's still flat... I will just wait to see what direction they go in the second act... but after reading this... I certainly ain't optimistic... Blob as the supposed villain in X3 appearing here is just a disgrace... I really thought it would be Omega... but life moves on...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #79
tecnowraith
Side-Kick

Too me they should really do the "offical" wolverine origin of the 19th century instead from this. Doing WW 1 and 2 arc, I am not sure if they can to have connection with Nick Fury and Captain America so them doing Vietnam War could be a reason (since he was there, no problem there). Marvel should put ther foot down on this and say do this or else, rights gets pulled.

tecnowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #80
Sasquatch
Half A Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ1
Barbarus - A four-armed mutant with physical strength, endurance, and injury resistant powers.
Until he ran into Colossus' fist.

Speaking of him... do ya think they'll have a REALLY young Colossus in the Wolvie film.... just so he can do a fastball?
We all know how that just MADE X3.

Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #81
ISHMAEL
Superiror Attack !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X
3 Things

They need Brian Cox back as Styrker
Cast a convincing actor as Victor Creed
And would it hurt for a mention of a private Wade Wilson.
bring in deadpool !!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #82
Rac
Deadite

Hmm, don't like the opening. 1800th/1900th century Origin is better. They make him now too young. (Though I think they made him too old in comics.) Also this loved one thingie. Dunno. Don't like it for now. I did never like Beak so Victor killing him is good. Although we don't need Beak in Wolverine (or any X-movie). Never liked Blob either...

We'll just need to wait and see.

Rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #83
Psylocke8
Now Listen Here...Jolleen

I want Lady Deathstrike!!!!!

Psylocke8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #84
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac
Hmm, don't like the opening. 1800th/1900th century Origin is better. They make him now too young. (Though I think they made him too old in comics.) Also this loved one thingie. Dunno. Don't like it for now. I did never like Beak so Victor killing him is good. Although we don't need Beak in Wolverine (or any X-movie). Never liked Blob either...

We'll just need to wait and see.

Yeah, I would have liked a 19th century beginning myself. This whole "being bullied by the high school football team" thing is too much like.....Forrest Gump or something.

Jan Irisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #85
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Irisi
Yeah, I would have liked a 19th century beginning myself. This whole "being bullied by the high school football team" thing is too much like.....Forrest Gump or something.
That whole "Football team beating him up" has to be the single dumbest thing I have ever heard as an X-Men plot idea. I may see the film just to laugh through that scene.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #86
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

i really hope that intro scene gets rewritten as something more interesting and less Forrest Gump-ish.

As I go deep into the funnel of love

Tumblr

Liz Lemon is my spirit animal
newwaveboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #87
Jan Irisi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing
That whole "Football team beating him up" has to be the single dumbest thing I have ever heard as an X-Men plot idea. I may see the film just to laugh through that scene.
The rest of the "review" was...ok, I guess. But that one scene made the hair on the back of my neck bristle. It just sounded so off to me.

Maybe I will put "No High School Football team bullies for Wolverine!!!!" in my sig, if I ever bother to put another one in.

Jan Irisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #88
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Its just away for them to show that wolvie was a mutie long before weapon x. I dont think its too bad..I dont know how you all are imagining it but iit could be great, or my a car accident would be good...I dont know, but I like the idea.

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Sentinel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:08 AM   #89
Bishop2
Side-Kick

I'm a little baffled as to Stryker's line about how "You were always an animal, I just gave you claws" if they're going with the "bone claws" in this script.

Still, sounds like Wolverine 4 is in a good place for the most part.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:40 AM   #90
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
okay... I just realized something ... bone claws makes sense to me... I mean they have to be bone claws. right? I mean how the heck can you have steel claws in the first place? So basically... he was born with bone claws...and then later on while he was being experimented on, he was given steel claws...right?

Which would hurt more? Bone or Steel? ... Probably bone...cause bone is a part of your skeleton...but I wonder how the heck do they replace the bone claws with the steel claws...it sends shivers down my spine and it also gives me goosebumps just thinking about it...

anyway... the movie sounds interesting...but I'm still not sure if I want to see it...maybe if it has Jean as a cameo...perhaps. lol
Her name is Lady Deathstryke. She was in X-men 2.

Stryker said he was the one that gave Wolverine claws.

I always believed that the bone claws were a stupid plot device.

Plus, in the movies, the claws are THIN and FLAT sided. So they can't be the bone ones as far as I'm concerned.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 AM   #91
Eros
Side-Kick

Well i think they should of went with the wolverine and weapon X movie.
The movie would be inspired by spy and action films from the 1960s, such as the James Bond films and Metal Gear solid 3.

In 1967 during the cold war, members of the "super-soldier" C.I.A. covert Team [named Team X] are aboard an MC-130 Combat Talon flying over Tselinoyarsk, Russia. Team X unit commander named Stryker briefs the operatives on the mission they face. The Team X members include SilverFox,Sabertooth,Matsodon,Krestel,Maverick and their team leader Logan codenamed "Wolverine". They are to enter a secret Russian research facility and retrieve an defected Russian scientist, who was returned to the Soviets as part of a secret bargain years earlier.
The soviet faction is useing him and others to construst a powerful Weapon. A weapon that will turn the cold war into another Warld War. They also must recover Team Alpha, another super team that disapeared while trying to to save the scientist months earlier.They are informed the leader of the soviet group holding the scientist is a Russian super-mutant named Omega-Red. The operatives, execute the world's first HALO jump into enemy territory.

As the movie unfolds, they team encounters many dificulties,including rogue GRU factions who want the scientists for themselves. They also must deal with betrayal, when Sabertooth and SilverFox have apprently sold them out to join up with Omega-Red and the Soviets. Logan must find away to keep him and his remaining team alive, while combating the defacted Team Alpha, who have joined up with the Omega-Red as well. with time running out, Wolverine and his remaining team uncover many soviet secrets, and find out they may have been set on a sucide misson buy the C.I.A. The film essentially would build on the ideas of war, love, death, and betrayal - all of which become more apparent as the story moves forward and many secrets are uncovered.

Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:35 AM   #92
Silent_Assassin
Side-Kick

Well it sounds alright so far, but I must agree that I hate the idea of the highschool bullying!

Silent_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:12 AM   #93
Supreme Power
Side-Kick

Maybe I missed something but where did it say that Omega Red wasn't in. This isn't the whole script. Seeing as how the high school part probably won't last long, and he kicks the crap out of them anyway, I don't care.
On to the Weapon X beginnings.

Sounding good so far to me.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #94
Bishop2
Side-Kick

I'm a little confused by that opening sequence anyway. When does it take place again? I mean, I thought Logan was supposed to be seriously old.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #95
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
I'm a little confused by that opening sequence anyway. When does it take place again? I mean, I thought Logan was supposed to be seriously old.
prolly the footbal seen happens in the 50's or 60's... but that don't make sense considering the origin story... it's a stupid idea since it doesn't follow the comics one bit but I could care less about this aspect anyways...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #96
tecnowraith
Side-Kick

Quote:
David Benioff is a very good writer and he did his homework and earned his paycheck. He found a way to balance and make the comic and movie counterparts tie in together in an organic way.
He did not do his homework with that opening scene, he should be older. This not an organic way!

tecnowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #97
Red
King Littlefinger

You guys realise the same guy who reviewed this reviewed the Fog script and said it rocked

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #98
tamron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X
You guys realise the same guy who reviewed this reviewed the Fog script and said it rocked
He liked that horrendous GI Joe script with no Cobra Commander featuring some new character named Rex who gets kidnapped by Destro and turned into a Serpentor knockoff named simply 'Cobra'. It sounded dumb as hell, and he ate that garbage up, giving it an A. He also gave the Iron Man script with Howard Stark as the villian a B.

So I would definitely agree El Mayimbe's opinion is suspect.

tamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #99
borinquenknight
Orion-X Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle
.... damn I am disappointed... I thought we'd be getting some Cold War special ops top secret weapons X project and we get a bunch of high schoolers... I know they wanted to keep it realistic but this is a real downer... who'se the character that was supposed to be in x3??? Blob??? Give me a break... no Omega is a huge downer... hopefully this is false stuff...
I was hoping to see some Cold War Action myself. Oh well, hopefully they'll do better than Daredevil or Punisher.

borinquenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #100
Postman
Side-Kick

i want to avoid spoilers but i want to know who will be the villain or villains in the script.

Postman is offline   Reply With Quote