The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #101
DarknessOfDeath
You light up my world

Default Re: Why the hate for Wolverine?

I've done that...once I shed a single tear...i eat chocolate -shakes head- okay. im gonna go to bed. byes.

Last edited by DarknessOfDeath; 07-04-2006 at 11:30 PM.
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #102
gambitfire
Banned User

^good point

edit- i ment Cyclops post.

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #103
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Why the hate for Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Shedding a single tear is incredibly different from dropping to your knees and bawling your eyes out.
I agree, but as I said, "The End" comics don't count as Marvel canon and are just basically "what ifs" scenarios.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #104
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Though I'm no fan of Wolverine, I like the way between Scott and him, I like seeing them bickering over things on opposite ends in the comics and most importantly, He stays where he should in the comics, as a teammate of X-men. And those things totally changed in X3.......

UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #105
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBeerCino
Those posts can be about Scott Summers grandma as far as I care, that doesn't change my point (or has anything to do with it while we're at it) - no one is "obsessed" with Wolverine.

Edit
27,000+ posts in the Cyclops thread.

2,000+ posts in the Wolverine thread.

And no one is obsessed with Wolverine?!

Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #106
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Well lets see...all three X-Films have basically been Wolverine and Company. He was the big hero in X1, Had his little origin story for hte majority of X2, and was big Hero in X3. He was focused on WAY to much and took the limelight away from other charecters. If they took away half of Wolverines screen time and lets say gave it to Rouge, Bobby, Colossus, Cyclops...that would be a whole lota charecter development we could get for other charecters who deserve it. Cyclops was completely ruined since Logan was basically the team leader, Cyclops didnt get show off any or have that much screen time with his girl friend. Logan seemed to have more of a realtionship with Jean then Scott had. And now he is having his own solo movie. So there was no use in making him #1 in all 3 X-Men films.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #107
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitfire
R you playing dumb or? I ment who obviously got a bigger spotlight because of her status.
I'm not dumb, I can even complete sentences.

Quote:
Im sure the park is responsible for your carelessness. sorry
Yes, having a bag stolen from a locker that the park makes you put in there before going on a ride was our fault.

Quote:
I already told you why this was so if you don't want too listen w/e good for you. Oh and there is also a giant Rogue in your picture but she didn't do much in the movie now did she
You just said that the ride sucks. My point was that it's there.

There's also a giant Xavier and Magneto there...but none as big as Wolverine.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #108
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse
I take it you're talking about IOA. I love that park. I have friends who all happen to work in the Marvel area as characters. I'm frined with Spiderman and the X-Men. :P But yeah the Storm ride is the teacup ride from Disney and they didn't even try to make the ride any better or Storm-like(flashing lights did not make me think of lightning).

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 AM   #109
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981
They'll care when the Wolverine spin-off doesn't draw flies. As popular as Wolverine is, I don't see enough people caring to see the spin-off movie.
It will. This isn't "Elektra," where no one outside of the people who saw "Daredevil" knew who the character was.

Wolverine was arguably the most popular character in a successful movie trilogy--hell, Entertainment Weekly rated him "World's Most Popular Movie Character" recently:

Quote:
"A superhero with mutton chops? Hey, he must be doing something right. Arguably the most popular X-Man, Wolverine is our pick for Hollywood's top character based on a devoted, built-in audience and early excitement over his planned solo flick, which could be out as soon as 2008. No director or co-stars have been announced, but with Jackman almost certain to return, it might be the biggest X yet."
He even beat Harry Potter and Spiderman on that list.

Even their review of X3, which was mixed, had good things to say about a Wolverine spinoff.

It might not pack as much of a buildup as a new X-Men movie, but it's got enough of a fanbase to be a successful movie if it's done right.

Last edited by danoyse; 07-05-2006 at 12:52 AM.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #110
Radagast_Prime
I Hate You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler
Precisely. X-Men is about the characters, and their relationships. Even the cast members understood that. And certain pairings, relationships are sacred. Wrong coupling is a nice way of putting it. And it was done for a very wrong reason (hint: more Wolverine screen time). Which is one of the reasons why people like us are ticked off.
Agree 100%

Radagast_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #111
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387
I take it you're talking about IOA. I love that park. I have friends who all happen to work in the Marvel area as characters. I'm frined with Spiderman and the X-Men. :P But yeah the Storm ride is the teacup ride from Disney and they didn't even try to make the ride any better or Storm-like(flashing lights did not make me think of lightning).
I haven't even been on the thing...I went on the Hulk 3 times instead.

The point I was trying to make, when arguing that the characters and Wolverine and Storm were more popular, was that a theme park uses Storm's name for a ride, and they have a giant Wolverine cutout blocking a store.

It kept getting refuted with "That ride sucks!" I could care less about the ride...but my point was: it's a Storm ride. Not a Cyclops or Gambit ride.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #112
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
I haven't even been on the thing...I went on the Hulk 3 times instead.

The point I was trying to make, when arguing that the characters and Wolverine and Storm were more popular, was that a theme park uses Storm's name for a ride, and they have a giant Wolverine cutout blocking a store.

It kept getting refuted with "That ride sucks!" I could care less about the ride...but my point was: it's a Storm ride. Not a Cyclops or Gambit ride.
I agree about the popularity thing but the reason Cyclops or Gambit don't hae a ride is because they really can't make a ride on them. If they could I guarantee they would with at least one of them.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:28 AM   #113
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Shedding a single tear is incredibly different from dropping to your knees and bawling your eyes out.
It seems you didnīt notice my post...

Quote:
And no one here is obsessed with Wolverine. Check his thread he has what? 2000 posts? Oh yes, the obsession...
I agree with danoyse. Yes you are. You canīt stop talking about the guy, making threads everywhere about him, about him and Jean, about him and Ororo, about him and the professor...itīs amusing, really.
I think you guys (the haters and bashers and jumpers on the "I-hate-Wolverine" bandwagon) will be the first on the line for the Wolvie spinoff. And Kurosawa, like I already told him, will be the very first one on that line, since his Wolvie obsession is even bigger than that of his fans!

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #114
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick

Quote:
27,000+ posts in the Cyclops thread.

2,000+ posts in the Wolverine thread.

And no one is obsessed with Wolverine?!
???? What are you saying?

I read your post 3 times and I dont get the point you are making by those #. It only shows no one is obsessed with Logan.

So precisely- a lot of users are obsessed with Cyclops/Storm/Jean Grey (well maybe only DOD ) but Wolverine? Nope.

And do you end all of your posts with ? Are we 5-year-olds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe
I agree with danoyse. Yes you are. You canīt stop talking about the guy, making threads everywhere about him, about him and Jean, about him and Ororo, about him and the professor...itīs amusing, really.
I think you guys (the haters and bashers and jumpers on the "I-hate-Wolverine" bandwagon) will be the first on the line for the Wolvie spinoff. And Kurosawa, like I already told him, will be the very first one on that line, since his Wolvie obsession is even bigger than that of his fans!
The "Logan and Jean thread" lasted what? one day?

The "RoLo thread" has mainly Storm fans in it and about as many posts as the "Logan thread" (which I had to fish out from the 7th page or so, it seems it's only on the front page when Narrows is around)

The "Logan-Xavier thread" came two days after the "Jean-Xavier thread" the "Bobby-Rouge thread" so on... people are discussing the movie so what's your point?

To make a long story short-

"canīt stop talking about the guy"

Out side of this thread... Not really.

And about the spin-off, as I said I don't hate Wolverine and what I saw in x-3 wasn't Wolverine - only the fruit of bad writing.
So if the spin-off will have promising plot/ trailers I'll watch it.

CapBeerCino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #115
DarknessOfDeath
You light up my world

HEY!!! ... Im not obsessed. I hate that word. "Well maybe DOD." GOod Choice of Words regarding just me when there are others who are like me that love Jean, Scott and Storm oh and GAMBIT??, but I'm more passionate about...uh...her... than them but anyway. Just be careful what u say next time. I could be harping on you guys about how... your all over James and ... yeah. I'll shut up.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 AM   #116
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
HEY!!! ... Im not obsessed. I hate that word. "Well maybe DOD." GOod Choice of Words regarding just me when there are others who are like me that love Jean, Scott and Storm oh and GAMBIT??, but I'm more passionate about...uh...her... than them but anyway. Just be careful what u say next time. I could be harping on you guys about how... your all over James and ... yeah. I'll shut up.
I was j/k DOD. Sorry about the "obsessed" bit...

And "all over James"? I wish

CapBeerCino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #117
DarknessOfDeath
You light up my world

its okay....drool all you want on your keyboard over James. lol

Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #118
gambitfire
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not dumb, I can even complete sentences.

wow! a whole sentence, im impressed

Quote:
Yes, having a bag stolen from a locker that the park makes you put in there before going on a ride was our fault.
oh ok NOW it was stolen from your locker.................anyways.

Quote:
You just said that the ride sucks. My point was that it's there.

really, that's all i said?..here you go look again =

Quote:
Um im not going to get into a Storm argument because i am a fan of her comic book counterpart but let's face it of course she's iconic she's the only one and first in her league. African Female superhero, name others? There arn't that many and if their are they arn't as big or havn't been around as long.
The only reason she has a ride is because their wheren't any X-men related rides and nothing safe enough for the kiddies in Marvel island. So along came Storm Force and icon of a character but a piece of crap ride.
All the boards are about the same size - Giant Size

Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #119
gambitfire
Banned User

Quote:

LOL i just noticed that, it must make him/her feel correct.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #120
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
????
I read your post 3 times and I dont get the point you are making by those #. It only shows no one is obsessed with Logan.
And the Cyclops fans are ridiculously obsessed with Cyclops? And the Wolverine fans are at peace with their lives?

Quote:
So precisely- a lot of users are obsessed with Cyclops/Storm/Jean Grey (well maybe only DOD ) but Wolverine? Nope.
The Wolverine boards are mostly Hugh fans. The Wolverine fans are too busy watching all the screentime he gets in the movies.

Quote:
They don't all end with that. Maybe you should read posts all the way through.

Quote:
The "Logan and Jean thread" lasted what? one day?
Because it's the same people posting: "It shouldn't have been Logan and Jean, it should be Jean and Cyclops!! I hate FOX!! Tom Rothman burn in hell! I hate Wolverine!!! The writers lied to us! WAH!!"

You can see why those threads get redundant after awhile...

Quote:
The "RoLo thread" has mainly Storm fans in it and about as many posts as the "Logan thread" (which I had to fish out from the 7th page or so, it seems it's only on the front page when Narrows is around)
Narrows posts on the Wolverine thread...she's rarely at the RoLo thread.

Quote:
The "Logan-Xavier thread" came two days after the "Jean-Xavier thread" the "Bobby-Rouge thread" so on... people are discussing the movie so what's your point?
Still trying to figure out yours...

Last edited by danoyse; 07-05-2006 at 08:26 PM.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #121
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
LOL i just noticed that, it must make him/her feel correct.
Or smarter.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #122
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
h ok NOW it was stolen from your locker.................anyways.
Yes, stolen from a locker. At Islands of Adventure. Which was locked. Are we getting this now?

Quote:
All the boards are about the same size - Giant Size
No, the Magneto one is my height...and Professor and Rogue boards are about half the size of Wolverine. And the Rogue one is off to the side.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #123
gambitfire
Banned User

Quote:
Because it's the same people posting: "It shouldn't have been Logan and Jean, it should be Jean and Cyclops!! I hate FOX!! Tom Rothman burn in hell! I hate Wolverine!!! The writers lied to us! WAH!!"
you forgot the Storm as leader complaints.

And then you and the others who come into those threads and start never ending "debates" aka Arguments, trying to prove that your right when i reality most the time it's not about who's right because it ends up being a matter of opinion. (yes some of our ppl do that too) lol "our ppl"

So my point is while there are those who still complain there are those such as yourself who complain about our complaints who can't leave without having a last say because it hurts their ego so much , and so we continue on and on and on forever and ever.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #124
gambitfire
Banned User

Quote:
Or smarter.
well atleast you admit it makes you believe something

Quote:
Yes, stolen from a locker. At Islands of Adventure. Which was locked. Are we getting this now?
Yes i get that i don't know you and can't take everything you say as an actual truth because i will never meet you and have no way of proving you right, nor wrong.

Quote:
No, the Magneto one is my height...and Professor and Rogue boards are about half the size of Wolverine. And the Rogue one is off to the side.
So because the Rogue one is off to the side it doesn't count. Got it.
By the way No it isn't the biggest, hell i go again this weekend if i must too prove you wrong . Which reminds me im bored i might just go up there this weekend. Gotta love those yearly passes.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #125
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
you forgot the Storm as leader complaints.
That's right...I forgot the Halle hatred.

Quote:
And then you and the others who come into those threads and start never ending "debates" aka Arguments, trying to prove that your right when i reality most the time it's not about who's right because it ends up being a matter of opinion. (yes some of our ppl do that too) lol "our ppl"
And you're just discussing the weather by replying with your own argument??

Quote:
So my point is while there are those who still complain there are those such as yourself who complain about our complaints who can't leave without having a last say because it hurts their ego so much , and so we continue on and on and on forever and ever.
But it's the same thing...everyone is trying to prove they're right. Don't get so offended when someone whips back that they're tired of the same complaints over and over again.