The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: SINGER DIRECTING THE SEQUEL?
YES 147 62.29%
No 89 37.71%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #26
Bale
Side-Kick

Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm07
Singer won't listen to the fans. He didn't in the X-Men films, and he didn't in Superman. He's going to do what he's going to do. It's sad, but true.
There is the big Father called WARNER........if he likes to have Lex Luthor again in the sequel, they should kick him, sorry.

Enough is enough, no more Donner Hommage, no more Luthor. Enough is enough.
Look at Raimi whats he doing, think he is the best thing happened to Spider-Man. He is the greatest Spider-Man director they could get, all those villains, it feels like a comic book with all those Fun action packed supervillains.

The Sequel needs a KICK and more than that...

Last edited by Bale; 07-03-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #27
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Maybe a new director would be the way to go... I'm not really interested in his superman story.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #28
Bale
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
You mean X3?
The "no conversation" was fun, but certainly X - 3 worked for me on an action based fun Level. Not that deep into character, but Ratner produced FUN. The kids liked it.

Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #29
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

You people keep crying about action. The first, and best, film of the franchise had LITTLE action.

This movie was awesome.

Singer's cinematography was really poetic. A perfect example is Supes falling back to earth as we get a POV of people on the ground watching him fall with dead silence.

I'm all for Singer returning.

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #30
Gamma Ray
Banned User

Guaranteed YES.

Gamma Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #31
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

I believe its to hard to tell right now, in another 3 wks we should know something I would think. Its a given with POTC coming out this week, that the film is gonna have a 60-70 % drop in attendance. If it doesnt gross more than 20 million this weekend were in trouble I believe. Then I would think Singer would not do it, and then maybe go back and direct Wolverine, or Magneto.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #32
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I just don't see it. This movie will be lucky to break even at this point, so I don't think WB will risk this happening again. I see this as being Singer's first and last Superman movie.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #33
Milkman95
BvS 3.25.16

Of course bring him back, he's excellent.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #34
Jakomus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan930
I just don't see it. This movie will be lucky to break even at this point.
IT'S BEEN FIVE DAYS.

Jakomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #35
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomus
IT'S BEEN FIVE DAYS.
Most movies make their bog chunks of money in the first five days and then just dwindle down, even if they don't have huge competition the following week. Again, they'll be lucky.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #36
Jakomus
Banned User

Quote:
Most movies make their bog chunks of money in the first five days and then just dwindle down, even if they don't have huge competition the following week. Again, they'll be lucky.
Still, you're not factoring in worldwide gross or DVD sales.

I don't even know why i'm talking about this, because I don't really give a crap for Box office.

Jakomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #37
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomus
Still, you're not factoring in worldwide gross or DVD sales.

I don't even know why i'm talking about this, because I don't really give a crap for Box office.
You should, because if it fails at the BO, sequel talks die.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #38
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

sequel? LOL

Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #39
KikiDee
Side-Kick

I don't think he was exactly planning to do the sequel. Have you guys even heard any of the interviews he's done up to this point?

From what I understood, if this one took off the way they were expecting, the sequel would go into pre-production shortly after it's theater run. Singer himself said he didn't know if he would be available due to other projects he's vested in at the moment "Logan's Run" for instance. I could be wrong because I only caught snippets of an interview he did on A&E so don't take this as gospel.

I was just wondering if anyone actually knew if he was committed to another one or not.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #40
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiDee
I don't think he was exactly planning to do the sequel. Have you guys even heard any of the interviews he's done up to this point?

From what I understood, if this one took off the way they were expecting, the sequel would go into pre-production shortly after it's theater run. Singer himself said he didn't know if he would be available due to other projects he's vested in at the moment "Logan's Run" for instance. I could be wrong because I only caught snippets of an interview he did on A&E so don't take this as gospel.

I was just wondering if anyone actually knew if he was committed to another one or not.
When is this "Logan's Run" supposed to happen. I have been hearing him talk about it for years now.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #41
KikiDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
When is this "Logan's Run" supposed to happen. I have been hearing him talk about it for years now.
Well....I don't know, but he's still talking about it. He's supposedly working on it now.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #42
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bale
The "no conversation" was fun, but certainly X - 3 worked for me on an action based fun Level. Not that deep into character, but Ratner produced FUN. The kids liked it.
Kids don't have money. 18-24 year olds and adults do. You make a good film by hooking both audiences. Something X2 (a Singer film) did nicely. Something Spider-Man(s) does nicely. Something X3 utterly failed at. True it made an a$$load it's first weekend, but it also had the largest dropoff in sales against little to no competition. Thats because adults and young adults did not reccomend it to friends or want to see it a second time.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #43
JokerNick
Banned User

Christ sake man, all you complainers wouldn't know a decent movie if it came up and bit you in the ass, Superman was awesome, if you don't like it, go watch Torque or someother non-sense like that....

JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #44
dpm07
Hiking Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiDee

According to IMDB he's slated to direct the sequel and Harris/Daugherty are slated to write the screenplay. Lucky us.

The problem with Singer leaving the franchise (or even staying) is that he's screwed anyone coming in, because of creating a son for Superman. Hopefully if a new director comes aboard they'll do a complete relaunch ala Batman Begins. Of course, Singer has done a good job at missing the mark on Superman due to his blind devotion to S:TM, and his yes men Harris/Daugherty.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #45
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Singer will come on to do the second and then leave the franchise for another superhero movie.

Bastard.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #46
chrisguyver
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateGray
Hmmm or we have minds of our own and think he is not the great director you seem to think he is.
While I think Xmen and SR are good films they should and could have been great films if he cared about all the source material not just bits and parts of it.
And some of us do not really want our comic book hero's humanized we like them as iconic COMIC BOOK HERO'S you know a flying storm from day one....A more original superman story based of the comics or heck even STAS etc etc etc....
get a life geek he made one of the best superhero movies of all time. What on earth did you want out of this movie. Let me guess you think you can do a better job. Get over it this movie was epic.

chrisguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #47
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
Christ sake man, all you complainers wouldn't know a decent movie if it came up and bit you in the ass, Superman was awesome, if you don't like it, go watch Torque or someother non-sense like that....
Is that you LastSunrise?

Anywho, before you start you large rant, let me tell you, I know a good movie when I see one. Tues at 10:00, I didn't see one. You don't like it? I don't care. Enjoy the movie all you want, just don't expect others to do the same.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #48
The Bruce
The First and Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
You mean X3?
Sure X-men 3 had a lot, but it was crappy boring action. The Spider-man movies has mindblowing scenes! That's what I want for Superman!

The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #49
NateGray
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing
Kids don't have money. 18-24 year olds and adults do. You make a good film by hooking both audiences. Something X2 (a Singer film) did nicely. Something Spider-Man(s) does nicely. Something X3 utterly failed at. True it made an a$$load it's first weekend, but it also had the largest dropoff in sales against little to no competition. Thats because adults and young adults did not reccomend it to friends or want to see it a second time.

Ummm huh just because you didn't like X3 don't try to group yourself with anyone or even act like you know what you are talking about most people enjoyed the movie and the BO numbers show that.
Strange how you mention how it costs money to buy tickets then discount the money it made....so it must have umm hooked audiences and you not reccomending it doesn't mean people didn't reccomend it again see BO numbers, they tell the tale and do not spin it as crap like you are trying to do.

NateGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #50
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguyver
get a life geek he made one of the best superhero movies of all time. What on earth did you want out of this movie. Let me guess you think you can do a better job. Get over it this movie was epic.
Ahh, the ever popular "can you do better" defense. Do you defend every movie you watch? I doubt it, and I bet you couldn't do better, but I know that there is someone out there that could. He is who I want. Your defense is weak, and if you don't have a strong defense, then just sit back.