The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: SINGER DIRECTING THE SEQUEL?
YES 147 62.29%
No 89 37.71%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #51
NateGray
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,092
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguyver
get a life geek he made one of the best superhero movies of all time. What on earth did you want out of this movie. Let me guess you think you can do a better job. Get over it this movie was epic.
Did I insult anyone in my post newp sure didn't yet you just had to call me a geek why exactly oh wait because I said bad things about your precious Singer....

Umm whatever loserboy
bury your head up a medicore directors ass a bit more why don't you frackin frelling lemming troll.

I am a geek because I had the nerve to say I do not think he is that great of a director guess that makes you the loser lemming I called you....

NateGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #52
NateGray
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,092
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan930
Ahh, the ever popular "can you do better" defense. Do you defend every movie you watch? I doubt it, and I bet you couldn't do better, but I know that there is someone out there that could. He is who I want. Your defense is weak, and if you don't have a strong defense, then just sit back.

Thanks
I seriously get tired of being attacked for having an opinion and people twisting what I post.
Never did I mention I could do better just someone more dedicated to the source material could do better like a Peter Jackson or a Sam Rami.
Singer makes his own version of comic book movies while Jackson and Rami to mention a few try to stick as close to source material as possible.

NateGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #53
KikiDee
Side-Kick
 
KikiDee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 820
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing
Kids don't have money. 18-24 year olds and adults do. You make a good film by hooking both audiences. Something X2 (a Singer film) did nicely. Something Spider-Man(s) does nicely. Something X3 utterly failed at. True it made an a$$load it's first weekend, but it also had the largest dropoff in sales against little to no competition. Thats because adults and young adults did not reccomend it to friends or want to see it a second time.
Kids have parents that have money and they usually end up taking the whole family so marketing to kids is not a bad thing. My kids loved X3 because a. it moved quickly b. not a lot of mushy gushy love scenes and c. lots of great special effects.

BB was a great movie and my kids probably didn't appreciate it as much as we did, but we drug them along anyway. We won't do it again because it wasn't pleasurable. We own the DVD so the kids just wander off and do their own thing while we watch.

We won't be seeing SR unless we go to a drive-in (yes, they still exist), get a babysitter or wait for the DVD because they won't be able to sit for the length and they will not appreciate the heartfelt plot especially if it drags in places.

I know long post to get such a short point across. Superhero movies are for kids of all ages and should encompass that aspect. Singer would do well to channel that inner child a bit more if what I'm reading is true.

__________________
I'm an open drain. What you say just pours right through me.
Meredith Grey-Grey's Anatomy
KikiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #54
Anjow1060
Rattling the cage
 
Anjow1060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,135
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Singer would be fine IMO, but we need a new writing team, which is why i voted NO, because he has two people he always has write for him. What we need is Kevin Smith to write it, and then Singer to direct. If the WB will wake up and understand the greatness of Smith, then we'll get a great superman film, unlike this POS i saw last night........but at least there wasn't a giant spider in the 3rd act. I'll admit that.

Anjow1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #55
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,153
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Give Singer a break. Honestly, I'm okay with him with the sequel. Superman Returns wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable. Some people here are so...dramatic..very fanboyish. "It's cheesey". "It's a diaster." Huh? It wasn't that bad of a movie.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #56
ToddIsDead
Banned User
 
ToddIsDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gamer Rejects
Posts: 7,117
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

He should absolutely direct the next one. I thought that both X-Men and Superman Returns were phenomenal, and if X2 was that great, then the Superman sequel should be fantastic.

ToddIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #57
Dr.Dude
Side-Kick
 
Dr.Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: On your computer screen.
Posts: 3,984
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Definite hell yes --- while this movie seems somewhat standalone and on a dramatic level extremely hard to live up to, I'd still love to see whatever else Singer might have in store.

__________________

Dr.Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #58
NateGray
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,092
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist
Give Singer a break. Honestly, I'm okay with him with the sequel. Superman Returns wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable. Some people here are so...dramatic..very fanboyish. "It's cheesey". "It's a diaster." Huh? It wasn't that bad of a movie.
Sorry but Singer has had his break and unless the BO numbers do a major jump they tell the tale and IMO he should not be back.

When mentioning fanboism in an unfavorable light like you are doing in this post you may want to note Singer fanboism is just as bad as any of the type of fanboism's you are being deragatory towards.

NateGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #59
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,153
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

I know some people are dissapointed in the movie. But now, it's overwhelming. I was dissapointed as well, but I liked SR for the most part. A solid B.

I feel that some people take great pleasures in rooting for failure, and when they are on a roll, you can't stop them.

I understand a lot of what the haters are saying, but give Singer another chance here. Honestly.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #60
Thot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 812
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

No Singer. No Bosworth. No kid. Ideally the next Superman film should be done as though this abomination never happened. Reboot the reboot, pleez!
Routh can work as Supes (with a few more acting lessons and some more muscle, and a better suit).

Thot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #61
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,153
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateGray
Sorry but Singer has had his break and unless the BO numbers do a major jump they tell the tale and IMO he should not be back.

When mentioning fanboism in an unfavorable light like you are doing in this post you may want to note Singer fanboism is just as bad as any of the type of fanboism's you are being deragatory towards.
once again, being dramatic.

I don't know. At first it didn't bother me. But now, it's like people throwing tomatoes at Singer. Maybe we should throw ping pong balls instead, with some mild taughting.

Singer dug himself a hole. I admit that. But that hole isn't so deep.

I've people who liked the film. A lot of people. I've met people who HAD problems with the movie, but didn't hate it.

Maybe I'm rambling on. I don't know. What should I know? I bashed X3!

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #62
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

I definitely say yes. I'd love to see what Singer has planned for a sequel in the future.

He takes his time and doesn't rush out a piece of trash, so in the end I'll be looking forward to what vision he has. Those who say no, hell no, or call Superman Returns a piece of crap are entitled to their own opinion.

They hate it so much and yet they remain on a board of a movie they supposedly "hate". Such intelligence they display obviously. Personally I hope Singer brings in Metallo or Darkseid.

Anyone remember the name of the Justice League episode where Darkseid puts Superman in an alternate reality? It's a very emotional episode and with Singer at the helm, I'd love to see him do something like that and with the visuals it'd be even more spectacular.

That's when Superman/Darkseid engaged in a brutal, gritty, and somewhat bloody classic epic battle. Of course, I wouldn't make it cheesy like some hardcore nitpicky fans, but I think it could be done with time and focus. Something X3 doesn't and will never have as far as I'm concerned.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #63
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick
 
CapBeerCino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ...
Posts: 6,420
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist
I feel that some people take great pleasures in rooting for failure, and when they are on a roll, you can't stop them.
I think you nailed it. According to the poll most users loved SR, but then came the B.O # and the riots began.

__________________
C2:Cyclops Fans - United
The movies aren't the comics period ≠ Excuse for bad writing.

CapBeerCino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #64
JokerNick
Banned User
 
JokerNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: otherside of the glass......
Posts: 4,538
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan930
Is that you LastSunrise?

Anywho, before you start you large rant, let me tell you, I know a good movie when I see one. Tues at 10:00, I didn't see one. You don't like it? I don't care. Enjoy the movie all you want, just don't expect others to do the same.
you stranded on a desert island (yes, pun intended) and you only could have 5 movies with you, that's it, that will be all you can watch from now till your death...... what would they be?

JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #65
NateGray
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,092
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist
once again, being dramatic.

I don't know. At first it didn't bother me. But now, it's like people throwing tomatoes at Singer. Maybe we should throw ping pong balls instead, with some mild taughting.

Singer dug himself a hole. I admit that. But that hole isn't so deep.

I've people who liked the film. A lot of people. I've met people who HAD problems with the movie, but didn't hate it.

Maybe I'm rambling on. I don't know. What should I know? I bashed X3!
Hey I thought it was a good movie myself.
Sorry for the drama but I guess I get defensive early on these boards because I have been attacked so often so I apologize for the way my last post came off.

I have had the same feelings towards Singers directoral style since Xmen and got bashed quite a bit for voicing my concerns about it on these boards.
To me his Xmen was a good movie that as I have said should and could have been great the material was all there all he had to do was some research so he would know a good Xmen script vs a medicore one and his direction should have adapted and IMO it didn't change that much from the usual suspects to Xmen same style direction.

Remember prior to the xmen movie we had some marvel travesties like Nick Fury , the horid Captian America and those aweful spidey series and Dr Strange movies.
So besides the Blade movies nada so that really helped Xmen look better maybe even great until you look back at it.
I liken it to Eddie Murphy's starving man sex starved man ritz vs cracker analogy.
See we thought we had a ritz when it first came out it was just great but when we started seeing other movies done truer to the source material's we realized we only had a plain ole cracker not a ritz at all....

Yes I am rambling now and well think I will head home again and take a break from the boards for a while.

NateGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #66
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,153
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateGray
Hey I thought it was a good movie myself.
Sorry for the drama but I guess I get defensive early on these boards because I have been attacked so often so I apologize for the way my last post came off.

I have had the same feelings towards Singers directoral style since Xmen and got bashed quite a bit for voicing my concerns about it on these boards.
To me his Xmen was a good movie that as I have said should and could have been great the material was all there all he had to do was some research so he would know a good Xmen script vs a medicore one and his direction should have adapted and IMO it didn't change that much from the usual suspects to Xmen same style direction.

Remember prior to the xmen movie we had some marvel travesties like Nick Fury , the horid Captian America and those aweful spidey series and Dr Strange movies.
So besides the Blade movies nada so that really helped Xmen look better maybe even great until you look back at it.
I liken it to Eddie Murphy's starving man sex starved man ritz vs cracker analogy.
See we thought we had a ritz when it first came out it was just great but when we started seeing other movies done truer to the source material's we realized we only had a plain ole cracker not a ritz at all....

Yes I am rambling now and well think I will head home again and take a break from the boards for a while.
It's okay, bud

I view Superman Returns as a good movie with several missed opportunities (Lex's plot). It missed the mark, but it was near it's target. THere were things I didn't like (Bosworth looks so plain....give me Zoey DeChannel or Rachel McAdams anytime) but from what Singer had, he did a decent job at capturing this universe.

I do suggest Singer, if he does direct the next one, to do research. He has FULL ACCESS TO DC COMICS. why not use it?

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #67
thedarks0ldier
Side-Kick
 
thedarks0ldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,989
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
you stranded on a desert island (yes, pun intended) and you only could have 5 movies with you, that's it, that will be all you can watch from now till your death...... what would they be?
Fight Club
Desperado
Batman Begins
Goodfellas
Toss Up between Nine Inch Nails DVD, Batman; Mask of the Phantasm or my favorite POOH bear video from childhood.

I see your point, but just because it doesnt make it on that list doesnt make it a failure, or even bad.

__________________
Part of the weekend...
... never dies

DC Looney Tunes VS. Marvel Disney
thedarks0ldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #68
JokerNick
Banned User
 
JokerNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: otherside of the glass......
Posts: 4,538
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarks0ldier
Fight Club
Desperado
Batman Begins
Goodfellas
Toss Up between Nine Inch Nails DVD, Batman; Mask of the Phantasm or my favorite POOH bear video from childhood.

I see your point, but just because it doesnt make it on that list doesnt make it a failure, or even bad.
for me

Goodfellas
Batman Begins
Fight Club
Aliens
Incredibles

JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #69
Orko Is King
Banned User
 
Orko Is King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In George Lucas's neck fat
Posts: 16,158
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Yes, but there should be a villain we haven't seen onscreen before.

Orko Is King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #70
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR
 
CrypticOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,740
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

I say yes. Singer is a great director. Keep his vision going.

__________________
ALWAYS SUPPORTING:
DENVER BRONCOS | HIP-HOP & HEAVY METAL | MMA
CrypticOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #71
gimmen64
Side-Kick
 
gimmen64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 349
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

If WB cuts Singer for the next film it was be a big mistake. Just look at what happened when they removed Burton from Batman. I think that Singer is a better director than Donner. The only reason Donner did so well was because he had a great crew.

gimmen64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #72
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick
 
NotFadeAway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Mirror Universe
Posts: 5,421
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Peter Jackson directing a script by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini!!! Jackson is just so much better at capturing human emotion than Singer, there is no comparison.

And in between films, having Jason die of illness, Richard go away, recast Perry,etc etc and make a true blue Superman film.

__________________

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!



Last edited by NotFadeAway; 07-03-2006 at 02:31 PM.
NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #73
crappymovie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 366
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

This was Singer's X1, imagine the Superman counterpart of X2...with more action scenes etc.

Unless the fans would prefer someone like Brett Ratner for S2, so they can basically get the Mortal Kombat equivalent of the movie.

crappymovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #74
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick
 
NotFadeAway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Mirror Universe
Posts: 5,421
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappymovie
This was Singer's X1, imagine the Superman counterpart of X2...with more action scenes etc.

Unless the fans would prefer someone like Brett Ratner for S2, so they can basically get the Mortal Kombat equivalent of the movie.
How about neither

__________________

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!


NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #75
Venom71
Side-Kick
 
Venom71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 6,071
Default Re: Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

Keep Singer

__________________
GAM DOSV
SMALLVILLE RETURNS 09/28/06
SPIDER-MAN 3 05/04/07
Venom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.