The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 07-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Thetrugame

Default Was Movie release timeing bad? READ and REPLY

I think they should of chosen a better time release for the movie, they had to many "other choices" movies to go see this weeked you had nacho and click for laughs. devil weres Prada for sum girl crap and the lake house for the love people and the biggest fact Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest will blow away superman box office nuber away in superman second week, i can see pirates 100 million in the opening weekend so superman will have what a 20-35 million second weekend that won't cut it. If you look at dare devil it came out in a time with crappy movies thats why it helad the #1 spot a bit longer. Superman should of happen August 18 here is list for that weekend : Snakes on a Plane (wide)Factotum (limited)Fakers (limited)Flyboys (limited)The Illusionist (limited)10th and Wolf (limited)Trust the Man (limited)Opening August 18, 2006Princesas (limited)

Fallowed by : Opening August 25, 2006Beerfest (wide)DOA: Dead or Alive (wide)How to Eat Fried Worms (wide)Idlewild (wide)Invincible (wide)Material Girls (wide)Looking for Kitty (limited)The Quiet (limited)Unconscious (limited)

You see that is what i would call a super weekend with a very solid 35-55 million second weekend .
260 will not happen...sad

Old 07-05-2006, 03:40 AM   #2
Jul-el
Side-Kick

Default Re: Was Movie release timeing bad? READ and REPLY

Holiday time will always be tough competition.
SR more aimed at kids than maybe DareDevil.
I agree with you,but unfoutunately Supes is for the kiddies too...

Jul-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:21 AM   #3
blind_fury
Banned User

Default Re: Was Movie release timeing bad? READ and REPLY

SR had it's chance to make money and blew it. Next time don't make a Superman movie that's badly paced and slow. Summer movie goers want to be entertained, not bored to death.

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote