The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 07-23-2006, 02:17 AM   #76
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Default Re: vegata( when he first came to earth) vs superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenks
I have never said that. I just meant its not like you have been in every thread I have posted in so how would you know.

I could careless how old you are. I doubt you have been here longer then me. I made " Gotenks" just for the anime fourm. I have many others. Toei sama, Fireball jimmy, and more.
How long I was around made a difference in your last post when you thought I hadn't been around as long. But now that you know that I've been around for longer, it doesn't make a difference?

As for Toei-Sama, I remember that from my first name I made back in early '05.

Now, you say that you NEVER said he looks dumb for his grammar? You should have at least gone back and edited your post to cover yourself. Why would I say that? This is why:
Quote:
Wow you really need to look over what you just typed before you submit your post. It hurts my eyes just reading your poor grammer and your incorrect spelling. It makes you look stupid. People will just think your a 5 year old and won't take you seriously. Im not trying to be mean. Its just that I also had to learn the hard way. One more thing even though im considered one of the many DBZ fanboys, I know when to draw the line. Saying that vegeta at that stage can beat superman. Maybe Majin Vegeta might have a chance and thats after killing himself of course if you know what I mean.
While I see that you're saying you're "not trying to be mean", I can easily see that your eyes hurt from his apparent lack of grammar, and that it makes him look stupid.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #77
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Quote:
What you don't remember me saying my eyes hurt.
I know it's not your place to say what he should or should not do. Same goes for me but why did you attack me then?
Eyes hurting, and difficulty to read are far different.

And why did I attack you? Because you had the audacity to go after someone who doesn't really need correction.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #78
Gotenks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Gluon
21, and I'm from France.
Do you go to a college in North America? Just wondering.

Gotenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:19 AM   #79
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Quote:
Do you go to a college in North America? Just wondering.
I did for a year back when I was 19. But to finish up for physics, I opted to go back to my homecountry.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:20 AM   #80
Gotenks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eyes hurting, and difficulty to read are far different.

And why did I attack you? Because you had the audacity to go after someone who doesn't really need correction.
It didn't concern you.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:21 AM   #81
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Quote:
It didn't concern you.
And it didn't concern you either.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:25 AM   #82
Gotenks
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did for a year back when I was 19. But to finish up for physics, I opted to go back to my homecountry.
Ah, I see.

Well it has been fun arguing with you , but I should get back to the thread topic.

If it makes you feel any better, I am sorry for my post concerning mikey's grammer.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:26 AM   #83
Gotenks
Side-Kick

Quote:
And it didn't concern you either.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

How bothersome.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:31 AM   #84
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Quote:
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

How bothersome.
Trust me, you have no idea.

But since the arguement is done and over with, then please, by all means, back to topic.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:40 AM   #85
Gotenks
Side-Kick

Well i say Superman only becuase I think in the DBZ universe Goku is the only one who can stand up to Superman.

And maybe Buu.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:46 AM   #86
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Actually, I'd say Goku and Vegeta during the Buu saga have a really good chance against Superman. By that time, their strength might not be as great still, but their energy attacks easily go into the planetary destruction range. Sure, in the anime it takes them two or three seasons it seems to do enough yelling to accomplish this, but I'm going with the assumption it's filler time, and that they can pull off huge energy feats in relative seconds.

Buu would DEFINITELY pose a huge threat, as well as Cell, since he can just keep coming back, and Superman pretty much has no way of destroying every cell in Cell's body without releasing a massive store of energy.

But if we're just talking about Vegeta when he first got to Earth, I'm pretty sure Superman would have him. The DBZ characters power levels raise at nigh ridiculous rates throughout the series.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #87
Sloth7d
Escapist

I'm sorry but(and I'll probably get flamed for this) but in my opinion Piccolo ,during the frieza saga, and everyone stronger than him can beat superman. Just my opinion.

Sloth7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #88
Leto Atrides
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth7d
I'm sorry but(and I'll probably get flamed for this) but in my opinion Piccolo ,during the frieza saga, and everyone stronger than him can beat superman. Just my opinion.
Well it depends on when you're talking about. Superman changes "power level" over time too. Early on, when he was lifting cars and jumping over buildings, you're right. Current continuity, not so much.

Leto Atrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #89
Ultra-Herald9
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto Atrides
Well it depends on when you're talking about. Superman changes "power level" over time too. Early on, when he was lifting cars and jumping over buildings, you're right. Current continuity, not so much.
Indeed. It would take a SSJ3/Fusion/or a Buu form to take down a pissed off Supes and anything lower would have an extremely hard time trying to take Superman down unless the have a buttload of magic power.

Superman has shown feats of strength,speed,and durability that dwarves any DBZ character below Buu's level. Superman has survived getting hit with the Omega Effect,Survived in a Blackhole without having his atoms ripped apart, and he can take hits from Superboy-Prime(he can easily move Planets) so he can easily take a planet destroying blast.

What I don't understand is why people think blowing up any type of celestial body is some kind of godlike feat? Its all essentially about RANGE. The universe is essentially just Rocks,Gas,and Energy and these things are not Durable or very stable at all. There is no object in the world even near as Durable as Supes an Busting planets is childsplay. Supes had tro learn as a little boy how to control his powers so he wouldn't destroy the earth.

Its all about Force not range if you want to beat Supes and quite frankly Kamehameha's are a joke compared some of the stuff Supes has been hit with.

Ultra-Herald9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:35 PM   #90
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Cool Re: vegata( when he first came to earth) vs superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-Herald9
Indeed. It would take a SSJ3/Fusion/or a Buu form to take down a pissed off Supes and anything lower would have an extremely hard time trying to take Superman down unless the have a buttload of magic power.

Superman has shown feats of strength,speed,and durability that dwarves any DBZ character below Buu's level. Superman has survived getting hit with the Omega Effect,Survived in a Blackhole without having his atoms ripped apart, and he can take hits from Superboy-Prime(he can easily move Planets) so he can easily take a planet destroying blast.

What I don't understand is why people think blowing up any type of celestial body is some kind of godlike feat? Its all essentially about RANGE. The universe is essentially just Rocks,Gas,and Energy and these things are not Durable or very stable at all. There is no object in the world even near as Durable as Supes an Busting planets is childsplay. Supes had tro learn as a little boy how to control his powers so he wouldn't destroy the earth.

Its all about Force not range if you want to beat Supes and quite frankly Kamehameha's are a joke compared some of the stuff Supes has been hit with.
I agree.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:08 AM   #91
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Quote:

Actually, Superman, before Infinite Crisis, was having problems with nuclear weapons. The energy required to destroy the Earth would be comparable to taking every weapon on Earth, multiplying it quite a few times, and setting them off all at once.

Is Superman better strength wise? Definitely. Basic physical durability? Also yes. But the DBZ characters, after the Frieza saga, pretty much all had the ability to use their energy to ride out entire planets exploding.

The durability of planets and such is extremely good. The only thing that could really break up Earth outside of tons of energy or the sun exploding is another object made up much like Earth, and around the same size to within 30% moving at incredible speeds to actually destroy the Earth.

When the moon was formed, a planet around the size of Earth came about, and crashed into Earth, and that didn't even destroy the Earth, it just fragmented it a little. Where DBZ characters literally possess the ability to vaporize planets. So when you say celestial bodies are rather fragile, I'll definitely say that they aren't all that fragile. Laws stand in place with the universe. Without them, the apparent fragility of our gas sun would've self ignited it's source, and obliterated our solar system billions of years ago.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:21 AM   #92
SLVRSR4
Side-Kick

On that note piccolo could have defeated him before Vegeta came because he destroyed the moon

SLVRSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:23 AM   #93
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

After charging up all sorts of his energy, after training tons after Dragon Ball, noting that he wasn't fighting Superman, and Goku actually is capable of the same defense I was just talking about.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:13 AM   #94
Ultra-Herald9
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually, Superman, before Infinite Crisis, was having problems with nuclear weapons. The energy required to destroy the Earth would be comparable to taking every weapon on Earth, multiplying it quite a few times, and setting them off all at once.

Is Superman better strength wise? Definitely. Basic physical durability? Also yes. But the DBZ characters, after the Frieza saga, pretty much all had the ability to use their energy to ride out entire planets exploding.

The durability of planets and such is extremely good. The only thing that could really break up Earth outside of tons of energy or the sun exploding is another object made up much like Earth, and around the same size to within 30% moving at incredible speeds to actually destroy the Earth.

When the moon was formed, a planet around the size of Earth came about, and crashed into Earth, and that didn't even destroy the Earth, it just fragmented it a little. Where DBZ characters literally possess the ability to vaporize planets. So when you say celestial bodies are rather fragile, I'll definitely say that they aren't all that fragile. Laws stand in place with the universe. Without them, the apparent fragility of our gas sun would've self ignited it's source, and obliterated our solar system billions of years ago.

The earth is actually quite fragile contrary to popular belief. right now we possess the tech to practically oblitarate this entire planet and a asteriod the size of a city could totally obliterate the earth's surface even with a water landing. Even the weakest gamma ray bursts can easily destroy entire planets and theoretically there are novas and black holes that take out entire Galaxies.

I don't understand where you came up with the Supes getting whipped by nukes thing since the Guy has been hit with nukes while literally sitting on kryptonite.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #95
Ultra-Herald9
Side-Kick

I really don't understand why Supes is constantly downsized even though his list of feats FAAAARRR excedes anything shown by any DBZ character lower than Buu. Supes has defeated GODS and Cosmic entities that would make the Z fighters soil themselves yet he still gets no credit. Planet/solar-system/galaxy destroying blasts aren't going to be much of big deal because Supes won't let them have enough time to charge up a blast that could actually damage him. Supes has a major advantage in this fight because he is stronger than most opf these characters in even there most powered up forms.

Imagine DBZ fighting someone that doesn't take ten minutes of screaming to get to thier max levels. Logically Superman should be the winner since he is as strong as SSJ3 and even more durable and just as fast at his base levels. In fact it would only take Supes one good combo to floor any Z fighter since they would have to charge up for a LONG time to actually stop Superman's charge with a blast and Supes would not give them a chance since he'd either run up and attack(with the force of a SSJ3) or blast them with heat vision then attack. Plus if he misses a chance to stop a blast(which chances are he probably wouldn't)he could just pull the old Flash trick a vibrate his body INTANGIBLE so the blast doesn't effect him then continue his assault until their bodies could no longer retain their highest forms from sheer body damage then the fight will pretty much be a cake walk.

Oh yeah and I don't remeber any DBZ character in continiuty surviving a world destroying blast. In fact even Mystic Gohan got vaporized by a mere planet explosion and he was one of the most powerful characters in all of DBZ. In fact I have never seen anyone enrgy shield themselves from a planet buster like everyone says they can.

Last edited by Ultra-Herald9; 07-24-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #96
The Hurricane
Side-Kick

OMG the saga of superman vs SBZ is still going

The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #97
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

Quote:
Imagine DBZ fighting someone that doesn't take ten minutes of screaming to get to thier max levels. .
You obviously dont read Manga the anime isnt canon it doesnt take that long to charge power in the manga. And also please explain how superman is anywhere near the level of a ssj3?

Jplaya2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #98
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jplaya2023
You obviously dont read Manga the anime isnt canon it doesnt take that long to charge power in the manga. And also please explain how superman is anywhere near the level of a ssj3?
In my opinion, Pre-Crisis Superman and Superman Prime trump SSJ3.
Post-Crisis Superman is either a bit lower or a bit higher than SSJ3.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #99
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
It will last forever.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #100
Sloth7d
Escapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
Announcer: On the next episode of Goku vs superman-z:
Another fact is brought into the aurgument. Will someone debate back. Find out next time, and the next time, and the next time.Mwahaha!

Naruto:And imagine when my show is complete. Then there will be Superman vs Naruto topics EVERYWHERE! Believe it!
*end dialogue*

Sloth7d is offline   Reply With Quote