The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Should Kate Bosworth be replaced as Lois Lane?
Yes 106 56.08%
No 83 43.92%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #51
y2jversion1
Side-Kick
 
y2jversion1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 821
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lad
First of all, I love Superman Returns. I thought it was great. However, its obvious that alot werent too pleased with Kate Bosworth's performance as Lois.

Should Kate Bosworth be replaced for future films?

If so, I'm offering the suggestion of replacing her with House's Jennifer Morrison. She bears a strong resemblence to Kate's Lois and her mannerisms and voice are similar enough to make a smooth transition. She, however, is also a great actress on the show and has a slightly more mature look and presense compared to Kate. She could possibly make it more believeable without totally changing Kate's Lois completely.





2 comments on this chick -

a) I'd totally hit that

b) I think she'd be perfect as Mary Jane in the Spiderman series instead of "Snaggle-tooth" Dunst.

__________________
Ask me anything about GTA (Greater Toronto Area) Real Estate!

www.batman-news.com - the BEST resource for Batman film related news. Period.
y2jversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #52
Lightning54SC
Banned User
 
Lightning54SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Nah Spider man doestn get hot chicks... just look at him

but that girl above.... = JESUS wy wasnt she picked !!!!!

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #53
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,792
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC
Nah Spider man doestn get hot chicks... just look at him

but that girl above.... = JESUS wy wasnt she picked !!!!!
Because they couldn't risk having two unknowns as the leads in a big budget movie.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #54
Lightning54SC
Banned User
 
Lightning54SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

well the rolled the dice woth routh they should have anted up

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #55
Van Petrol
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,207
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Nah, I don't want her to be replaced. And I doubt it would happen anyway...

Van Petrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #56
JackBauer
Side-Kick
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue
Because they couldn't risk having two unknowns as the leads in a big budget movie.
Bosworth may not be an unknown, but she's not that famous either...

I would've liked Jennifer Morrison, but I still mantain Caroline Dhavernas (Wonderfalls) as my first choice.

__________________
You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because-- SQUIRREL!
Gamertag: semterra
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #57
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,792
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer
Bosworth may not be an unknown, but she's not that famous either...

I would've liked Jennifer Morrison, but I still mantain Caroline Dhavernas (Wonderfalls) as my first choice.
Sorry but Bosworth IS a name. I have never even heard of Jennifer Morrison probably like alot of people.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #58
Silver Lad
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 221
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebox
She's not good-looking enough. Louis should be seriously sexy.
Morrison is way hotter than Bosworth. Kate is just starting to look scary looking now.

Silver Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #59
JackBauer
Side-Kick
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue
Sorry but Bosworth IS a name. I have never even heard of Jennifer Morrison probably like alot of people.
I wasn't saying Morrison is more known than Bosworth. but Bosworth isn't that famous, not to the degree of, say, Rachel McAdams.

__________________
You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because-- SQUIRREL!
Gamertag: semterra
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #60
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,792
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Haha I strongly disagree. If you go ask 20 random people who Kate Bosworth and another 20 who Rachel McAdams is more people are going to know Bosworth but whatever.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #61
JackBauer
Side-Kick
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue
Haha I strongly disagree. If you go ask 20 random people who Kate Bosworth and another 20 who Rachel McAdams is more people are going to know Bosworth but whatever.
actually, I watched SR with about 10. only one of them could indentify Bosworth, and only as "the girl who did that surf movie".

after Mean Girls, The Notebook and specially after Wedding Crashers, McAdams is definitely more well-known. not to mention Red Eye, which did moderately well.

__________________
You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because-- SQUIRREL!
Gamertag: semterra
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #62
Silver Lad
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 221
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Bosworth is actually more well known than Mcadams, most recently due to all the publicity surrounding her and Orlando Bloom.

Silver Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #63
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,792
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer
actually, I watched SR with about 10. only one of them could indentify Bosworth, and only as "the girl who did that surf movie".

after Mean Girls, The Notebook and specially after Wedding Crashers, McAdams is definitely more well-known. not to mention Red Eye, which did moderately well.
Agree to disagree.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #64
JackBauer
Side-Kick
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

'kay then.

__________________
You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because-- SQUIRREL!
Gamertag: semterra
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #65
Superman Prime
In All Conscience
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sancta Terra
Posts: 9,049
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

If Kate Bosworth dies, then of course they will have to replace her.

But yes ... I like Kate's Lois to an extent. But I want to see a new Lois. A better Lois. When I look to the stars, I know she's out there somewhere.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #66
retconned
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
retconned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 437
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

The first comment I want to make here, is that if the next Superman film sticks with this storyline, Lois Lane could actually be written out of the film, or have a bit part because of Jason being Superman's son, and if Jason wasn't Superman's son, she could easily be left out all together considering how things were left in the movie. If Singer directs the sequel and wants to take a more real world, and more Superman driven approach, he should let Lois/Richard/Jason live happily ever after. Hey Clark, sometimes you lose the girl you love, it happens, call me and I'll give you some tips. Anyway, this would mean bringing in Lana Lang to be the love interest in the backdrop of a good, old fashioned Superman adventure, and I would be totally fine with that at this point. Again, thats if this storyline is continued.

Back on topic, Id like to say that Kate Bosworth played a character who was Lois Lane in name only, which is how the character was written, so it's not technically her fault. Could she do the regular Lois Lane, maybe, I don't know. She wouldn't be my first choice. Should Kate be replaced, let me offer up my suggestion for her replacement................

...Sarah Michelle Gellar. She can act, she is hott, and she is a name. SMG is pretty much a triple threat and has always been my first choice for Lois Lane.

retconned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #67
ervann
Super Deformin'
 
ervann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Far East
Posts: 309
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

A bit of fun...Kate Bosworth and Brandon Routh have been voted #6 worst onscreen couple over at Yahoo Movies Singapore:

Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatou in The Da Vinci Code 31%

Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz in Vanilla Sky 11%

Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow in A Perfect Murder 10%

Meg Ryan & Russell Crowe in Proof of Life 10%

James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal in Secretary 10%

Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns 28%

http://post.polls.yahoo.com/quiz/qui..._id=16137&wv=1

ervann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #68
Silver Lad
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 221
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retconned
The first comment I want to make here, is that if the next Superman film sticks with this storyline, Lois Lane could actually be written out of the film, or have a bit part because of Jason being Superman's son, and if Jason wasn't Superman's son, she could easily be left out all together considering how things were left in the movie. If Singer directs the sequel and wants to take a more real world, and more Superman driven approach, he should let Lois/Richard/Jason live happily ever after. Hey Clark, sometimes you lose the girl you love, it happens, call me and I'll give you some tips. Anyway, this would mean bringing in Lana Lang to be the love interest in the backdrop of a good, old fashioned Superman adventure, and I would be totally fine with that at this point. Again, thats if this storyline is continued.

Back on topic, Id like to say that Kate Bosworth played a character who was Lois Lane in name only, which is how the character was written, so it's not technically her fault. Could she do the regular Lois Lane, maybe, I don't know. She wouldn't be my first choice. Should Kate be replaced, let me offer up my suggestion for her replacement................

...Sarah Michelle Gellar. She can act, she is hott, and she is a name. SMG is pretty much a triple threat and has always been my first choice for Lois Lane.
You know what. This is getting bad now. Bringing in Lana would be death. I think they should simply ditch the romance, keep it where it was at the end of SR with it semi-resolved...

And make the sequel an effin action-fest that focuses on Superman's kryptonian heritage if anything.

The romance angle is done and over with now.

Silver Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #69
Superman Prime
In All Conscience
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sancta Terra
Posts: 9,049
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Beating a dead horse, is what it is.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #70
DieselsDen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Kate is just fine as Lois Lane. I had no trouble seeing her as Lois. If she looks too young, then so be it. Margot Kidder aged horrible between sequels. (And I don't mean to knock Margot Kidder, I loved the first two Superman movies.) Teri Hatcher looks worn and weathered after her stint in the awful LOIS AND CLARK.

Why fanboys complain about her so much is beyond me. Natalie Portman as Padme in STAR WARS and that redhead chick who plays MJ in SPIDER-MAN were so much worse.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #71
DieselsDen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCOP CPU001
Just because other actress's are the it girls..doesn't mean they will have the same chemistry that Kate and Brandon have..you can see them on screen smouldering..you truely believe that they love each other..

and just one line sold me on bosworth..

"how could you leave us like that" fantastic acting.
I agree. (I hope you're not being sarcastic. If you are, it doesn't matter because I thought her Lois was just fine.)

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 AM   #72
Parker
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 706
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

I admit Kate Bosworth wasn't the best choice for Lois Lane, but switching out actors mid-franchise has become obsolete. It imposes too much of a disturbance on the audience. I think we should just be happy with what we've got and hope Kate identifies more with her character in the sequels.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #73
Mr. Walters
Shulkie's Love Slave
 
Mr. Walters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 588
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue
Haha I strongly disagree. If you go ask 20 random people who Kate Bosworth and another 20 who Rachel McAdams is more people are going to know Bosworth but whatever.
I think Bosworth is famous because of Superman Returns and maybe because she is dating Orlando Bloom. Anyway, when she was announced as Lois Lane, I had no clue who she was. In fact, I didn't know anyone who knew who she was.

Mr. Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 AM   #74
Mr. Walters
Shulkie's Love Slave
 
Mr. Walters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 588
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker
I admit Kate Bosworth wasn't the best choice for Lois Lane, but switching out actors mid-franchise has become obsolete. It imposes too much of a disturbance on the audience. I think we should just be happy with what we've got and hope Kate identifies more with her character in the sequels.
Agreed. The only thing worse than Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane would be Kate Bosworth and someone else as Lois Lane.

Mr. Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:38 AM   #75
zanos
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue
Sorry but Bosworth IS a name. I have never even heard of Jennifer Morrison probably like alot of people.

ALOT of ppl have never heard of Kate Bosworth. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who can even pinpoint anything she's done which was remotely popular. There goes that theory.

zanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.