The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #51
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Default Re: ROLO Petiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessreicho
Jee, I was thinking it was kinda sad I had to point that out to you. (Clean those glasses off, and we won't have that problem anymore )

Just be careful with sarcastic questions, cause when they backfire, they do make you look kinda silly.
Well, thanks for the advice -but- maybe you should do the same. You seemed kinda silly asking me why I came in this thread when the reason was pretty clear.

I know my way 'round a message board.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #52
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Are you asking me why I'm here, as in this forum?

Because I'm an X-Men fan, and I love the movies.

That doesn't mean I have to enjoy every single thing ever done in the comics. I think there's a lot of lameness in the comics. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the comics.

Or are you asking why I'm here in this thread?

Because it's a discussion on the Storm / Wolverine relationship (I refuse to call it RoLo, I absolutley despise that term) and I wanted to express my opinion on the subject. That is allowed, ya know. Opposing opinions aren't forbidden on a message board just because the thread maker is pro-Wolvie & Storm.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #53
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

See here it is again. Why can't I express my self?

Its not that. Its WHERE and HOW. You come into a thread about a particular shipper than piss all over it. Then ya'll wonder why people who are for that shipper retaliate.

Hold on...let me think about that.

And if Rolo sucks so much, tell us WHY? Give us reasons to take your dislike seriously.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Last edited by Goddessreicho; 08-05-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Goddessreicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #54
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
And if Rolo sucks so much, tell us WHY? Give us reasons to take your dislike seriously.
I have already explained why.

It makes no sense in the movie universe. There has been absolutley no build up what so ever, or hinting in the slightest, of a relationship between Storm and Wolverine. They are teammates. To be honest, they are reluctant teammates at that, as Storm views him as an outsider (and rightfully so, considering the original X-Men, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Beast, are a family of sorts, having grown up under Xavier together), and Wolverine is a loner. Wolverine showed in both X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand his reluctance to actually be a part of a team. X2, when he goes off on his own for his own personal quest against Stryker, and in X-Men: The Last Stand when he goes off on his own to find Jean, when Storm knows that she's gotta do everything she can to hold the team together in the dark times they are facing.

Storm and Wolverine co-exist because they are both X-Men, they both believe in Xavier's dream. But there's been absolutley no inkling of buildup what so ever towards a relationship between the 2.

And just because something happened in the comics is not good enough justification to put it in the movies. There are a lot of things in the comics that aren't well done.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #55
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

What about comic Storm and Wolverine (which is what I was talking about)? You also complained that that irritated you too? Why? There is more than enough evidence to prove that they should have stayed together.

By the way, the conversation in the hall in X1 before the Senator got there, was the only time when, someone else besides the Professor, made an attempt to get Logan to think of Xavier's dream. Logan does actually consider her words, and gives them back to her in X3 before the final battle.

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Last edited by Goddessreicho; 08-05-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #56
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
What about comic Storm and Wolverine (which is what I was talking about)? You also complained that that irritated you too? Why? There is more than enough evidence to prove that they should have stayed together.
Actually, I said I never read it in the comics, so I don't know how it played out.

I said I'd cringe if they did it in the movie. Someone asked me if I cringed when they did it in the comics. I said I never read it in the comics, but that there were things in the comics that make me cringe.

The implication was, since it's in the comics, it should be justified.

My rebuttal was that there are dumb things that happen in the comics, and just because it happens in the comics isn't justification to happen in the movies.

I have no opinion on the comic relationship between the 2, because I haven't read any comics that involve it. I'm just saying for the movie, there's absolutley no logic behind putting it in there.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #57
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Ah, I see. That makes much more sense. Now I actually have nothing against your opinion, Nell.

Bamfer is a different story.

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Old 08-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #58
Ororocity
Side-Kick

You do know Kitty and Bobby weren't hinted either so whats the problem with ROLO.
Ororo and Logan have more connection than Kitty and Bobby have.

Ororocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #59
Decay
Side-Kick

^ and where is that connection? I have nothing against RoLo but I don't see the spark between them.

I feel the anger changing me!
Decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #60
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Ah, I see. That makes much more sense. Now I actually have nothing against your opinion, Nell.

Bamfer is a different story.
You can have everything against my opinion and I wouldn't care. A message board is for discussion, there will always be people who don't agree with your views... So, get over the fact I don't like Storm and Wolverine together. Get over thinking everyone needs a reason not to agree with you. I don't need to explain why.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #61
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororocity
You do know Kitty and Bobby weren't hinted either so whats the problem with ROLO.
Not in the movies... Storm and Logan have worked well as team mates, that's all. Storm stepped up, and we've only seen her treat Wolverine as a member of the team; purely business. So, there would be nothing (In the movies) to make Storm and Wolverine pair up... oh yes, unless of course, Logan wanted to rebound Jean with Storm.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #62
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

God knows the dead red bird is humpable to him. To bad CC has other things to say about that.

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Old 08-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #63
Ororocity
Side-Kick

maybe thats all Jean is to him

Old 08-07-2006, 02:44 AM   #64
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
And if you actually watched X-Men: The Last Stand, you'd see that there was nothing other than friendship between Iceman and Kitty Pryde.

Iceman even told Rogue after she got cured that he didn't want her to do that, meaning he loved her for who she was.

The whole situation with Kitty Pryde, and the ice skate and all that, was just Iceman trying to comfort a friend in need. Kitty Pryde didn't have anyone to support her like Iceman had. Iceman was merely being a friend. Rogue was paranoid and jealous. It was nothing more than a plot point to motivate herself to get cured.

There was also at least more hinting towards, not so much Iceman and Kitty Pryde, but at least Iceman maybe, looking elsewhere.

Through 2 movies already (X-Men and X2) Bobby has had to deal with a girlfriend that he couldn't touch. X2 truly showed his desire to want to become physical with her. So at least there was a bit of a buildup there for Iceman to be, at least minimally, distracted by another female.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #65
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Yeh yeh I know.
But a relationship means romance, frienship, hatred.
All I'm trying to say is if Bobby and Kitty can have a relationship that was not hinted then why can't Ororo And Logan

Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #66
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Yeh yeh I know.
But a relationship means romance, frienship, hatred.
All I'm trying to say is if Bobby and Kitty can have a relationship that was not hinted then why can't Ororo And Logan
A movie based on their love for each other, let alone a movie based on them, is just another smack in the face to Jean and Cyclops - a couple truly deserving of a relationship.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #67
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer
A movie based on their love for each other, let alone a movie based on them, is just another smack in the face to Jean and Cyclops - a couple truly deserving of a relationship.
Yea, sure they were just perfect. That's why Jean had to stop and think everytime Logan said, "Run away with me." That would always explain why Scott turned to Emma and not Jean when he needed someone to talk to when he had problems recovering from the whole Apoclypse thing. Ahuh, they both had emotional affairs that both drove each other crazy. (Although I was jumping for joy when Scott finally handed Jean her own karma with the whole, "I have feelings for someone else thing," cause she had done that for like 20 years.) They should put that in a movie. I'm pretty sure people would pay to see that. Its better than the drawn out played out Jean man-sandwich. And it would make Scott look like the man, cause in the end he pimps out both women. GO SCOTT!

And there's plenty room for movie-verse Rolo. And believe me people will pay to see that...again.

Edit: Oops. I forgot to add, back in the day when they first added Rachel Grey into the mix, they used to hint like crazy that she was Logan's daughter and not Scott's. It wasn't until Sinster did that dna testing on the Grey-Summers, did that idea stop.

That too would be awsome in a movie. Lets show non-readers the real Jean/Scott, not just the fluffy crap.

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Last edited by Goddessreicho; 08-07-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #68
Ororocity
Side-Kick

U're so clever Goddessreicho. I agreed with everything you just said
I never noticed that Jean and Scott were not meant for eachother now I know. personally I think Scott/Jean/Emma triangle should continue and the Scott/Jean/Wolverine triangle should stop.
And whatever happened to the Beast/Storm/Wolverine triangle. It has ROLO in it

Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #69
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Maybe the writers were smart?

Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #70
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Nah I don't think they were maybe a bit drunk at the time

Old 08-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #71
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Quote:
U're so clever Goddessreicho. I agreed with everything you just said
I never noticed that Jean and Scott were not meant for eachother now I know. personally I think Scott/Jean/Emma triangle should continue and the Scott/Jean/Wolverine triangle should stop.
, You're a sweetie. Thanks!

I just think that if people want Jean and Scott on screen, they should get the WHOLE story, not just the nice parts.

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Old 08-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #72
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Ur welcome, u are totally correct. Goddessreicho
BTW : why isn't anbody posting on the ROLO discussion board? Just a question.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #73
Darkie
~Burn Emma Burn!!!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer
You can have everything against my opinion and I wouldn't care. A message board is for discussion, there will always be people who don't agree with your views... So, get over the fact I don't like Storm and Wolverine together. Get over thinking everyone needs a reason not to agree with you. I don't need to explain why.
totally agree with you
i dont have anything against the rolo thing but i dont see anything, any factor to have them together, like ororcity said, a relationship means romance, frienship, hatred and i dont see anything (not even hatred or a spark maybe) between logan and storm. I read the comics when they were together and i said: wth? i dont get the point of this
Second they look

"I know everybody's worried about me, Hank. Everybody thinks the Phoenix Force is turning me into some kind of cosmic destroyer, but it's not like that. I have trouble with the rushes, but I'm okay, really."

Darkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #74
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Did you read the X3 novel? No chemistry? The movie alludes to something, we just aren't sure of what. That scene in Logan's bedroom was definitly trying to say something.

I find it funny that Ororo was the only X-men who actually tried to get Logan to become a stable team member. That's often overlooked. Why would she do that if she didn't care? If Logan felt nothing for her, why would he stay at the mansion to help after x-2 if he was so crushed after Jean, and why would he stay AGAIN after she died a second time?

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #75
TNC9852002
Banned User

Bah...There was nothing there, no romance...never was gonna be anything...It was all speculation from that early script leak and fake review..

and these kinds of petition never go anywhere...I've seen dozens of them come and go..

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote