The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
CB Fan
The Watcher

Default Question

Can anyone tell me why rogue was flying the jet at strikers base? I was watching the movie and I just couldn't figure why she was flying it

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Question

Because it was either going to be her or Bobby. No one else was around and the way things were positioned the gang wouldn't have been able to reach the X-jet in time because of the distance.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Ok, new question
I was watching x2 the other day, and I noticed something, I don't know if this has been talked about already, but, towards the end of the movie, when they in the underground base, prof. X is in cerebro (attacking the mutants) magneto opens the door the to stop it, a few scenes later when storm and the others show up at cerebro, storm states that, while in cerebro, that if they open the door it well kill every one he's connected to (i.e. all humans). did magneto use his powers to stop cerebro before opening the door or what? any thought

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
DarknessOfDeath
Baby u light up my world

Actually it was Jean who said it, NOT storm. Jean can sense others behind the doors so thats why she knew something was different about Prof X.

As for Magneto. Yes. He used his powers...hence why his hands were stretched out I think. lol Also, he helped build Cerebro.

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
Actually it was Jean who said it, NOT storm. Jean can sense others behind the doors so thats why she knew something was different about Prof X.

As for Magneto. Yes. He used his powers...hence why his hands were stretched out I think. lol Also, he helped build Cerebro.
ya, sry, it was jean who made that statment about, why they can't open the door. but, still
I know he used his powers to open the door (which it why he had he hand stretched out) but, if he shut it down before he opened the door, wasn't Mystique still on the ground, untill he started moving the pannels around, or, I don't know whatever, I just remember them saying that they can't open the door, but, magneto opened it with out anything happen. and i thought it was odd. but ya, with his knowlage of cerebro(fomr haviog help build) he could of easly known hoe the shut it down, but, it jsut didn't seem like he did in the scene.

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
undomiel
Side-Kick

I would like to respond to your first question, because I had that same question for a long time and just recently discovered the answer. In the extra footage on the X2 dvd, the filmmakers said that there was going to be a scene where Storm and Jean are teaching Rogue how to fly the jet, but the scene was cut for various reasons. So that's how she knew. (Is it just me, or does it seem like only females are allowed to pilot the X jet?)

undomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by undomiel
I would like to respond to your first question, because I had that same question for a long time and just recently discovered the answer. In the extra footage on the X2 dvd, the filmmakers said that there was going to be a scene where Storm and Jean are teaching Rogue how to fly the jet, but the scene was cut for various reasons. So that's how she knew. (Is it just me, or does it seem like only females are allowed to pilot the X jet?)
Cyclops piloted the Jet in X1.

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote